Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) (7317 Views)

Graphic Photos Of 143 Boko Haram Fighters Killed By Cameroonian Army / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno / Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Justice629(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2014
Cameroon Military Kill Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader ……Five Insurgents Surrender, Beg Jonathan For Mercy

The menace of Boko Haram took a new twist yesterday (September 21, 2015) when the Cameroon army in a rare show of bravado, released the photographs of the Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau to the public, claiming he was killed during a cross border raid deep inside Nigeria by the Cameroon military.

The Street Journal reliably gathered from a Cameroon military source late last night that Abubakar Shekau was killed following an aerial bombardment of his hideout inside Nigeria. The Cameroon army has ever since yesterday been in serious combat against thousands of Boko Haram fighters trying to enter Cameroon via Fotokol from Gambaral Ngala in Nigeria.

It was further gathered that the development has put the Boko Haram camp in disarray in Nigeria culminating in the devastating blow the insurgents experienced in Konduga, near Maiduguri on Friday. The Nigeria Army had on Sunday (September 21, 2014) announced the capture of a number of insurgents.

A week after soldiers stopped the Boko Haram insurgents from taking over Konduga, a town 35 kilometers from the Borno State capital, Maiduguri, the military has said five members of the insurgent group have surrendered in the town.

In a tweet on Sunday, the Defence Headquarters, DHQ, said five members of the Boko Haram on Saturday surrendered their weapons to soldiers

The military said the insurgents surrendered because they could not endure the massive onslaught by troops. It said the insurgents also pleaded for mercy.

The DHQ also said other captured insurgents are giving useful information on the group’s subsequent attack plans.

Several battles between the military and the Boko Haram in the past week in different Borno towns have left scores of people dead

The latest of such occurred on Friday in Mainok, a village about 56 kilometres from Maiduguri. The insurgents had attacked the village on Friday afternoon killing about 20 people.

A senior security official in Maiduguri, on condition of anonymity, said at least 48 insurgents were killed by soldiers who chased them while the former returned to their base in Damboa Town.
The official blamed poor service by telecom networks for the late arrival of soldiers to prevent the Mainok attack.

“Due to the poor telecom network around Mainok town, troops (from 7 Division in Maiduguri) could not get the alert on time, until they (Boko Haram) had attacked and killed some of the traders – about 20 or so – and even stole money and food items from the poor traders”, the official told The Street Journal.

“But as soon as the message got to us, troops arrived Mainok and tracked them towards the direction and were able to intercept them as they were taking some rest or attending to a broken down vehicle.

“It was another tough battle but within hours, our gallant soldiers subdued them, as we counted 48 corpses and recovered several weapons and vehicle abandoned by some few others who fled.”

The handling of the Boko Haram menace had put to question the capability of the Nigeria military to contain insurgency in the country, leading to a big blow on the armed forces’ integrity.

A top government official who spoke with The Street Journal on condition of anonymity said the alleged killing of Shekau by the Cameroon military would further erode whatever remains of the integrity of the Nigeria Army.

He noted with dismay the menace of Boko Haram had caused Nigeria, particularly, in the North Eastern region of the country thousands of lives with properties worth billions of naira destroyed while the military had exhibited helplessness in the fight against the insurgents.
http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2014/09/cameroon-army-claims-boko-haram-leader.html?m=1

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Ezemarcel(m): 8:01am On Sep 22, 2014
I don't know how many times that man will die....tomorrow he will appear again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Justice629(m): 8:05am On Sep 22, 2014
Ezemarcel: I don't know how many times that man will die....tomorrow he will appear again
This is for real he don die, as long as no be naija govt talk am then its true. Cause our own the still the find 1 billion dollars to carry combat Boko men while Cameroon already get better soldiers
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Justice629:
This is for real he don die, as long as no be naija govt talk am then its true. Cause our own the still the find 1 billion dollars to carry combat Boko men while Cameroon already get better soldiers
stop desecrating ur soil u piece of shiit!!

Terrorists' leaders alwys have people doubling as them..they will be trained to act and speak like the real leader. Did u even knw how many times Osama was killed?

Besides, the cameroonians didn't come here to kill him, he fled here to get killed there so shut up a bit. Shey na Cameroon dey help us take back those caliphates lately?

Swerve abeg!

18 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by idupaul: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: stop desecrating ur soil u piece of shiit!!

Terrorists' leaders alwys have people doubling as them..they will be trained to act and speak like the real leader. Did u even knw how many times Osama was killed?

Besides, the cameroonians didn't come here to kill him, he fled here to get killed there so shut up a bit. Shey na Cameroon dey help us take back those caliphates lately?

Swerve abeg!

You are definitely a prime part of the Nigerian Problem
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by funshint(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2014
This looks for real...shekau is truly dead! So U̶̲̥̅̊ mean Cameroon carried out an operation deep inside Nigerian territory? Kudos to our soldiers but shame on our military heads who sent these soldiers on kamikaze mission. Thank God cameroon was able to backup their claims with pictures unlike Nigeria that'll make an empty/false claim and later refute it.
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2014
Justice629:

jajajajajaja..i laugh in Spanish..

i don't want to come into any conclusion till i live one year without hearing of a bomb blast bokoharam update.
just a matter of time
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Jmain: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Lies . . . . . See below . . . .

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e71_1410705993

The video evidence of BH Konduga casualties in the link above was uploaded on the 12th of September, 2014 . . .If you watch the video at 6:23 mins, you will see the alleged body of Amir Shekau

The Cameroonian authorities shouldn't be using the cautious silence of the NA for cheap ego boosting propaganda

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1719894_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Omen100(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2014
The important thing is that, he has died and he is dead for real, I don't care who or which army killed him, we just want me dead & that's all.
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by amiskurie(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2014
I have never curse Jonathan b4 until now.
May God repay u ebele,all the dirt u ve caused my country

I'm cursing u for the news about cameroonian soldiers doing cross border raids in Nigeria.
Jona as the commander of the Nigerian armed forces tarnished the image of Nigerian military in the world.

We need coup in Nigeria maybe.soon sao tome and Togo will cross too.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Jmain: 9:19am On Sep 22, 2014
amiskurie: I have never curse Jonathan b4 until now.
[s]May God repay u ebele,all the dirt u ve caused my country

I'm cursing u for the news about cameroonian soldiers doing cross border raids in Nigeria.
Jona as the commander of the Nigerian armed forces tarnished the image of Nigerian military in the world.

We need coup in Nigeria maybe.soon sao tome and Togo will cross too[/s].

Stop feasting on cheap propaganda and retract all meaningless curses . . . .

15 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Ezemarcel(m): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2014

Swerve abeg!
there are better ways of educating someone rather than calling names...pls b matured
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by amiskurie(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2014
Jmain:

Stop feasting on cheap propaganda and retract all meaningless curses . . . .

Don't worry abt the link,I'm done with this government.
We need coup!
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Jmain: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2014
amiskurie:
Don't worry abt the link,I'm done with this government.
We need coup!

Then you and all your cohorts will die planning it . . .

I wish you all Good-luck . . . .

10 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by amiskurie(m): 9:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Jmain:

Then you and all your cohorts will die planning it . . .

I wish you all Good-luck . . . .
G and D
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Jmain: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2014
amiskurie:
G and D

The fate that awaits all vermin's in support of a coup to set us back to medieval times . . . .

9 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by blexxonmak(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2014
Oh 72 brown-eyed virgins!
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by LOC1(m): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2014
Booked!
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2014
There could be truth in this since it's not from the Nigerian Government.
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 22, 2014
Hmm... people believing this report because 'it's not from the Nigerian government' obviously have a problem that might never be solved. I'll rather believe a report from the Nigerian government any day than one coming from any other African country.

7 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by soma042(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Fat lie
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by feminancy(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Lol @ the French puppet
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Exjoker(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2014
cameroon wont stop claimin anytin Nigeria's...they claimed bakasi now shekau's death

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
idupaul:

then solve me and get better na..
Ezemarcel: there are better ways of educating someone rather than calling names...pls b matured
I'm sorry boss. I alwys find it hard to cheat nature

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by segzicres(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
lol. All y'all that voted for gej should ask GOD for forgiveness. Ya'll were very stupid. no hard feelings
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Samunique(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014

Swerve abeg!
Leave that guy, he's one of those frustrated nigerians who reason upside down.

Meanwhile, i don't know who are the liars between Cameroon's solders and Street journal, bcs this very pics of the said slain shekau has been on parade sis last Friday in the battle of konduga when nigerian soldiers killed scores of the insurgents.

For the street journal to come up with this that it happened yesterday during Cameroonian soldiers raid of the insurgents hide out or cross border operation raises so many questions. And also for them ( street journal) to say "if shekau has actually been killed by Cameroon soldiers will further hamper the already damaged integrity of nigerian soldiers" is something to worry about.

Tagging nigerian soldiers as looking helpless and not competent to handle the insurgents is another reason for me to ignore this report, and see it as a way to divert the glory meant for our gallant soldiers to the foreign troops, and thus kill the already high morale of nigerian soldiers.

13 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2014
Ok
so what?? Mtcheww undecided
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2014
Jmain:

The fate that awaits all vermin's in support of a coup to set us back to medieval times . . . .
Bro, please don't mind that stew.pid terrorist.
No be only coup, na soup

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Jmain: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Gabbysky:
Bro, please don't mind that stew.pid terrorist.
No be only coup, na soup
grin
Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2014
Samunique: Leave that guy, he's one of those frustrated nigerians who reason upside down.

Meanwhile, i don't know who are the liars between Cameroon's solders and Street journal, bcs this very pics of the said slain shekau has been on parade sis last Friday in the battle of konduga when nigerian soldiers killed scores of the insurgents.

For the street journal to come up with this that it happened yesterday during Cameroonian soldiers raid of the insurgents hide out or cross border operation raises so many questions. And also for them ( street journal) to say "if shekau has actually been killed by Cameroon soldiers will further hamper the already damaged integrity of nigerian soldiers" is something to worry about.

Tagging nigerian soldiers as looking helpless and not competent to handle the insurgents is another reason for me to ignore this report, and see it as a way to divert the glory meant for our gallant soldiers to the foreign troops, and thus kill the already high morale of nigerian soldiers.

You're on point Bro,
And that's why President GEJ GCFR MUST, I said, MUST not reopen our borders with Cameroun (that were shut because of ebola).
I'm a die hard GEJ supporter, but I might campaign agaist him should he re-open those borders. Let them remain closed till at least one year into his second term in office.
The long awaited closure of these Borders with Cameroun has actually led to a drastic reduction in BH Terrorist activities.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Justice629:
May thunder strike you there. Why must you always desecrate your country to prove a point? And so what if Cameroon soldiers kill Shekau. Where were they when this same Shekau used their soil to launch attack against Nigeria. Oh, is it because he has become a torn to their interest, then the sudden wake from their slumber. This Boko Haram insurgency should be an eye opener on Nigeria. It is a reality check for us knowing that these neighboring countries don't wish us well - especially Cameroon under Biya's regime. Ah! How I long for the days of Abacha. By now BH and their Cameroon accomplices would have had it soooooooo hot.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) by sweetguy10(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2014
idupaul:

You are definitely an even, easily-led-by-propaganda pathetic phool , that dude is right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unremitted N450bn: EFCC To Grill Jonathan’s Ex-ministers, Perm Secs / Railway Projects: Cost Comparison Between Nigeria Vs Ethiopia / 78 Firms Bid To Rehabilitate Pipelines, Depots –NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.