Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ (142604 Views)

What Ever Happened To The Bet Award For Psquare,mi Etc / Stella Damascus As A Singer. What Are Your Thoughts? / Is Akon A Singer Or A Rapper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
~Lol. . Whats a 16 year old girl to do but have a huge crush on Tevin! It was his voice coupled w/ that cute face on the CD covers. . .i wudnt have recognised him now tho, certainly dont have a cush on the Old Tevin tongue

~I loved "Can We Talk" & "Always In My Heart" . . . .my fav of all his songs
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
~Deborah Cox~

Deborah was born in 1974 in Toronto, Ontario. Her parents are Guyanese but she has never met her biological father.

Deborah Cox got her start in the music industry as a backup vocalist for Celine Dion and get her chance at a solo career when she was signed by Artista Records. she released her self-titled debut album in 1995 which had a respectable showing. The album went gold and its first single 'Sentimental' made it to #4 on the R&B charts. Her second single 'Where Do We Go From Here' was a #1 Dance track, and made it to #17 on the Hot 100.

The album opened the gateways for Deborah Cox's second album, One Wish, which went platinum. Its single 'Nobody's Supposed to Be Here' spent fourteen weeks at #1 on the R&B charts, a record it shares with Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' and Mariah Carey's 'We Belong Together.' Her single 'We Can't Be Friends' from the same album also reached #1 on the R&B charts and made it to #8 on the Top 100.

In 2002, Deborah Cox released her third album, The Morning After. The album peaked at #38 on the Billboard charts and has yet to go gold. The album continued Cox trend of having several number 1 hits on the Dance charts but failing to make an impression elsewhere.

In 2007, Deborah Cox released an album, Destination Moon, which had a richer Jazz feel to it. The album was a tribute to singer Dinah Washington and was an ambitious work.

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
~Monifah~

Monifa was raised in Spanish Harlem in Manhattan. Her family had a rich musical background and thus, encouraged her musical pursuits from an early age. Her mother would take her to audition for roles in musical theaters which helped her get a role in the off-Broadway production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream.' She attended LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts with schoolmates like Omar Epps and Marion Wayans.

The experience she earned helped her get a spot as a back-up singer for Maxi Priest during his world tour. Her abilities brought her to the attention of Heavy D who signed her a deal with Uptown Records. Her debut album, Moods, Moments was released in 1996 and had several hits. 'I Miss You (Come Back Home)' received significant airplay and the hit 'You' managed to go gold.

Continuing her success, Monifah released her sophomore album, Mo'Hogany in 1998. Driven by the hit 'Touch It' which reached #9 on the Hot 100, the album managed to go gold.

Her final album, Home, was released in 2000 and was produced by Teddy Riley. The album had minor success, with one moderate hit single 'I Can Tell.'

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
~Michael 'D'Angelo' Archer ~

D'Angelo was born in 1974 in Richmond, Virginia. The son of a Pentecostal minister. He began teaching himself piano as a very young child, and at age 18, he won the amateur talent competition at Harlem's Apollo Theater three weeks in a row. He was briefly a member of a hip-hop group called I.D.U. and signed a publishing deal with EMI in 1991.

D'Angelo was one of the founding fathers and leading lights of the neo-soul movement of the mid- to late '90s, which aimed to bring the organic flavor of classic R&B back to the hip-hop age. Modeling himself on the likes of Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, and Al Green, D'Angelo's influences didn't just come across in his vocal style — like most of those artists, he wrote his own material and frequently produced it as well, helping to revive the concept of the R&B auteur. His debut album, Brown Sugar, gradually earned him an audience so devoted that the follow-up, Voodoo, debuted at number one despite a five-year wait in between.

His first major success came in 1994 as a writer/producer, helming the single "U Will Know" on the Jason's Lyric soundtrack; it featured a one-time, all-star R&B aggregate dubbed Black Men United. That helped lead to his debut solo album, 1995's Brown Sugar.The album slowly generated sales, only proving popular after the hit single "Lady" began
receiving a lot of airplay. The single 'Lady' was a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. Many critics' considered the album one of the best of the year.

Brown Sugar slowly caught on with R&B fans looking for an alternative to the hip-hop soul dominating the urban contemporary landscape; along with artists like Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, and Maxwell, D'Angelo became part of a retro-leaning, neo-soul revivalist movement. Brown Sugar received enormously complimentary reviews and sold over two million copies, and D'Angelo supported it with extensive touring over the next two years.
He released his debut album, Brown Sugar, in 1995.

His first two studio albums, Brown Sugar and Voodoo, have garnered much commercial and critical acclaim, and have been cited as "two of the most excellent and singular R&B albums of the past 15 years" . Rock critic Robert Christgau has dubbed him as "R&B Jesus".

For five years, little was heard from D'Angelo except for various soundtrack appearances. Yet in 2000, D'Angelo released the popular Voodoo. The album debuted at number 1 and won 2 Grammy Awards. The album is most known for D'Angelo's nudity, as his song 'Untitled (How Does It Feel)' had a video in which a nude D'Angelo performs with no accompaniment. the video was immensely popular and has been voted one of the greatest videos of all time.

For most of his life, D'Angelo had been a chubby introvert, and the idea of standing half-naked on a New York soundstage flaunting his new body in front of cameras was something he initially resisted. Eventually he was convinced by a director who now regrets the repercussions of that video. After "Untitled" propelled D'Angelo into mainstream stardom, he would often battle crippling self-doubt to the point where he would cancel performances. The pressure of living up to the image of "Untitled" was too much. The six-pack once covered in beaded sweat had become more important than the music, than the art. D'Angelo, once viewed as a musician at the forefront of the neo-soul movement, was now expected to perform shirtless. He had become that naked guy on that video.

Outside of his music career, D'Angelo has a son named Michael Jr. with singer Angie Stone and a daughter, Imani.

In 2005, D'Angelo hit a difficult spot as he was arrested with charges of marijuana possession, possession of a controlled substance and drunk driving. He was given a fine and suspended sentence and had his driver's license revoked. He also received a three-year suspended sentence for cocaine posession.

In late 2005, D'Angelo was criticaly injured when the SUV he was riding in hit a fence and threw him from the vehicle. He has been released from the hospital and is recovering from multiple rib injuries and bruises.

D'Angelo is said to be working on a third album, James River. After a long period of inactivity, D'Angelo has made guest appearances on several albums, including releases by J Dilla, Common, Red Hot & Riot and The RH Factor.

In August 2006 he begun collaborations with Common and Q-Tip. He also entered discussions with Jermaine Dupri on how to market what appears to be a forthcoming LP, though the official news of a release has not been made public yet. Although music for his own album has yet to materialize, D'Angelo was featured on the song "Imagine", by Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, from his album Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, released on November 21, 2006.

On April 17, 2007 a new song called "Really Love" was leaked on Triple J Radio in Australia by Questlove D'Angelo also had a guest appearance on Common's 2007 album, Finding Forever on the track, "So Far to Go", a song that first appeared on J Dilla's 2006 release, The Shining.

After his 10 August 2007 court proceeding, he confirmed that new music is "in the works" although the album remains untitled

On June 24, 2008, Virgin EMI released an enhanced greatest hits CD/DVD which will include top hits, rare tracks & seven previously unreleased music videos from D'Angelo. According to the press release, the new collection is titled "The Best So Far, " "because D'Angelo is far from finished, currently writing and recording his highly anticipated next musical chapter." There will also be a digital album, video downloads, and ringtones available on the day of its release. In November 2008, D'Angelo's collaboration with Q-Tip was officially confirmed with the release of the Q-Tip album The Renaissance which features D'Angelo on the track Believe. His third studio album, set to be titled James River, has been said to be released in 2009.D'Angelo has revealed, not only that his 2009 album will be called James River, but the legendary Prince, will be working heavily on the disc. Apparently the collaboration list, reads like a who's who in the R&B, neo soul movement. Below, his manager, said of the upcoming album:

"James River,” D’Angelo’s first studio effort in nearly 9 years, is also sporting a collaboration with Gnarls Barkley’s Cee-Lo Green. Green joins Raphael Saadiq, Mark Ronson, and Roy Hargrove, who have already contributed to D’Angelo’s forthcoming album. In addition to “James River,” D’Angelo is plotting a return to the stage with a summer tour."

The man with his once carved body is now more than 40 pounds overweight. He's struggled with drug abuse, alcoholism, and depression.

Discography
(1995) - Brown Sugar
(2000) - Voodoo

*I Refuse to post a pic of what he looks like now* cry

D'Angelo: Who Loves This Guy?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271950.0.html

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
~Sade~

Helen Folasade Adu, known as Sade~ (pronounced shar-day) was born in  Ikere, Ekiti State, Nigeria. Her name, Folasade, means "Love Confers Your Crown".January 1959 in Ibadan, Nigeria. Her father, Bisi Adu, was a Nigerian lecturer in economics and her mother, Anee Hayes, was an English nurse. When Sade was four, her parents marriage faced tension and her mother moved back to England with Sade and her older brother Banji.

In 1977, Sade went to London and took a three-year course on fashion design at St. Martin's College. Afterwards, she set up her own fashion company which made mens clothes. She also did work as a photographic model.

At the same time, Sade became a member of a Latin soul group named Arriva. In this group, Sade sang the song 'Smooth Operator' which would become her first hit in the US. Sade then joined a band known as Pride, which was oriented around the concept of having sub-bands that would act as openers for the entire group. Sade and several members were offered record deals which they continued to reject as they wanted to get a deal for the entire group. However, they eventually gave up on this and splintered into the group called 'Sade.'

Sade's debut album, Diamond Life, came out in 1994.The album immediately set Sade up as it scored several hits. 'Your Love Is King' reached #54 on the Hot 100 and #35 on the R&B charts. 'Smooth Operator' reached #5 on the Hot 100 and reached #5 on the R&B charts, bringing Sade to the public eye. The album's third single, 'Hang On To Your Love,' reached #14 on the R&B charts. The album rode on the success of its singles and over time it eventually went 4X platinum.

Promise, Sade's sophomore album, continued the success with the singles 'The Sweetest Taboo,' and 'Never As Good As The First time.' The single 'The Sweetest Taboo,' was another top 5 hit for Sade on the Hot 100 and reached #3 on the R&B charts. 'Never As Good As The First Time' scored comparable success, reaching #20 on the Hot 100 and #8 on the R&B charts. Promise was Sade's first album to go 2X platinum.

1988 saw the release of Sade's third album, Stronger Than Pride. The album scored Sade her first #1 hit on the R&B charts with 'Paradise' and had hits with 'Nothing Can Come Between Us' which reached #3 on the R&B charts, and 'Turn My Back On You' which reached #12. Once again, Sade scored an album that went 3X platinum.

Despite another four year break between albums, Sade's fourth album, Love Deluxe, which came out in 1992, also scored tremendous success, going 4X platinum. The album did well because of its well-known single, 'No Ordinary Love' which reached #28 on the Hot 100 and #9 on the R&B charts. It's second single 'Kiss Of Life,' had strong success as well, reaching #10 on the R&B charts.

In 2000, Sade released her final album, Lovers Rock, and continued her past success. The album quickly went 2X platinum and eventually went 3X platinum. The album's biggest single, 'By Your Side' was a dance hit but didn't really make an impact on the other charts.

Sade moved to Madrid, Spain in 1986.On Friday, 13 January 1989, in the old castle of Jolajas in Guadalajara, Spain, she married Carlos Scola, a Spanish filmmaker.

The marriage was short-lived however and  In 1991 Sade divorced Scola and moved back to London.

In 1995 Sade moved to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, where she lived with Bob Grubble, a retired Indian singer/Jamaican Producer . On 21 July 1996 she gave birth to her daughter Ila.

Discography
(1984) - Diamond Life
(1985) - Promise
(1988) - Stronger Than Pride
(1992) - Love Deluxe
(2000) - Lover's Rock

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
~I wud SoOO Love to hear something new from Sade!Absolutely Love & Wish she'll release a new album!!IN the meantime i suppose i'll hang on to my Sade Favs. . .

~By Your Side
~Ordinary Love
~Kiss of Life
~Sweetest Taboo
~Smooth Operator
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2009
~Horace Brown~

Horace was born in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the son of a Baptist minister. Despite singing in the church as a child, Horace Brown never believed he would sing for a career. Instead, he dreamed of one day being a professional basketball player. However, a knee injury ruined these plans.

Horace Brown played a variety of instruments in his school's marching band and managed to score a break when DeVante Swing of Jodeci heard one of Brown's demos. Brown earned spots doing backup for Christopher Williams and did some writing. He finally scored a break when he managed to get a contract with Uptown after Andre Harrell saw him in a recording session.

In 1994, while on Uptown Records, Horace Brown spurred controversy with his single 'Taste Your Love' was released. The single was an ode to MouthAction and was banned in parts of the south. Despite the press around the single, it failed to perform well on the charts and caused Horace Brown's album to be put on the shelves for the remainder of the time he was at Uptown.

When Andre Harrell of Uptown moved to Motown, he brought Horace Brown with him. Motown promoted the album by releasing two more singles and in 1996, released his self-titled debut album. The album featured Sean 'Puffy' Combs and Faith Evans.

(1996) - Horace Brown

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by hustler(m): 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2009
Great seeing BET bring out Tevin Campbell, Keith Sweat and BBD at the last awards. It's been a Minute. What happened to Xscape, Total, SWV, Coco,

Damn i miss R nb of the mid nineties for real
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2009
~Oh really? I must have missed it,will check up on BET website to see pics!

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by hustler(m): 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2009
Yep. KEith Sweat seems to have lost his voice. Didnt sound like the Keith i used to know but it was still great.
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by obinna5000(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2009
What happened to these guyz and babes? sad
Jaheim
Deborah Cox
Houston
Johnny Gill
Lauryn Hill
Patra
Allure
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:00am On Jul 18, 2009
~ I've done a Bio-Update on Deborah Cox. .dunno whats she's up to after her 2007 album!

~Certainly proving very difficult to find out anything on Patra. . i seem to be getting old links or rather just dated rumours on what she's suppose to be doing now/then!

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:04am On Jul 18, 2009
~Oh they sang as well? Wow! I'd be sure to check Youtube,i was hoping to see pics but a vid wub be even better! Ta. Hustler. . .
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by DOW(m): 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2009
Good Job.
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2009
~Johnny Gill~

Johnny was born on May 22, 1966 in Washington, D.C. The son of a minister, Gill sang in a family gospel group at the age of five.

Gill began his solo career in 1983 when his friend, Stacy Lattisaw convinced him to record a demo. Atlantic Records heard the demo and signed him. In the same year, Gill released his self titled debut album.

After being discovered by Lattisaw, the two worked together on the album Perfect Combination. Released in 1984, the album featured the title track which reached #4 on the R&B charts. Before finally blowing up in the public eye, Gill released the album Chemistry in 1985.

Finally, in 1987, Gill replaced Bobby Brown in the group New Edition. Driven by Gill, the group released hits such as 'Can You Stand The Rain' and 'Boys To men.' Upon returning to his solo career, Gill found himself to continue to stand in the public's eye. In 1990, his duet with Stacy Lattisaw, 'Where Do We Go From Here' reached #1 on the R&B charts.

His 1990 self-titled album went double platinum and bore several hits to its name. 'Rub You The Right Way' was #1 on the R&B charts and #3 on the Hot 100, 'My, My, My' topped the R&B charts as well and made it to #10 on the Hot 100. The album's last #1 R&B hit was 'Wrap My Body Tight.' Furthering the album's strength, 'Fairweather Friend' made it to #2 on the R&B charts.

In 1993, Gill released the album Provocative. While it lacked the hit power of his previous entry, the album still managed to go gold. Performing on similar levels, Gill released Let's Get The Mood Right in 1996.

During the same year, Gill reunited with his New Edition band mates and released the album Home Again. Performing further group work, Gill teamed up with Gerald Levert and Keith Sweat to form LSG in 1997. The group's debut album, Lerald. Sweat. Gill went double platinum with the hit single 'My Body.' In 2003, the group released a follow-up album, LSG2.

Gill recently recording a track for Madea's Family Reunion Soundtrack and is performing on the Body and Soul Tour.

Discography
(1984) - Perfect Combination
(1985) - Chemistry
(1990) - Johnny Gill
(1993) - Provocative
(1996) - Let's Get The Mood Right

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2009
~Allure ~

Allure began when Alia Davis, Lalisha McLean and Akissa Mendez were studying at the LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts. The girls wanted to expand their musical experience by forming a group and recruited Linni Belcher, Davis' friend to join. The girls got their first drive for a music career after winning a talent show together, singing a song written by one of their friends.

The girls then met Poke of the Trackmasters production team, who gave them an audition. He was impressed and in 1996, signed the girls to Trackmasters and gave them their name, Allure. It was through his help that the girls were able to become the first group signed to Mariah Carey's Crave Records under the name of Allure.

The group's self-titled debut album was released in 1997 and managed to go gold. The album's first single, 'Head Over Heels' featuring Nas had a fair showing, reaching #17 on the R&B charts. The group had their biggest hit with the album's second single and cover of Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam’s track, 'All Cried Out' which reached #4 on the Hot 100 and went gold. The album’s third single was ‘Last Chance.’

Crave Records folded in 1998 and the girls were signed in 2000 by MCA Records. They released Sunny Days in 2001 to little promotion. The album failed to make a significant impact and Linnie Belcher left the group. Despite the album’s limited success, the single ‘Enjoy Yourself’ reached #50 on the R&B charts. The album’s second single, ‘Kool Wit Me’ did not chart. The girls then were signed by Ron Artest's label, Truwarier Records.

The new lineup released Chapter III in 2004. The album wasn't a large hit, as expected from an independent album. It did receive some promotion though through Ron Artest's suspension from the NBA. It featured two singles, ‘Uh Oh’ featuring Elephant Man, and ‘I Think I’m In Love’ with Joe Budden.

Discography
(1997) - Allure
(2001) - Sunny Days
(2004) - Chapter III

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2009
~Lauryn Hill ~

Lauryn was born in 1975 in New Jersey. She attended Columbus High School and was an active student, performing in talent shows. She acted in the TV show As The World Turns when sixteen, and had a role in Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit.

She joined the musical group The Refugee Camp (Fugees) after Prazakrel 'Pras' Michel invited her to join his musical group in school. When going to the studio, Hill met Pras' cousin and fellow Haitian immigrant, Wyclef Jean. She became known as L Boggie as she turned her poetry into rap verses.

Hill and Wyclef Jean dated through the majority of the Fugees time together, a relationship that friends have called "Complicated".The group's first album together was Blunted on Reality. The album had singles Nappy Heads and Vocab but failed to make a sizable impression. The album was heavily hyped but bore little success.

The group's second album, The Score, put the group on the radar as it went multiplatinum and won Grammy awards. The album's most well known track is 'Killing Me Softly' which made the group famous. Other recognizable numbers include 'Ready or Not' and 'No Woman, No Cry.'

In the following years, Hill acted in several other performances. She appeared in the play 'Club XII' as well as the movies Hav Plenty and Restaurant.

1998 was the year Hill put out her solo album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. The album was a critical success and a tremendous commercial success going 8 times platinum. The album's most popular single was 'Doo Wop (That Thing)' which went to #1. She was nominated for eleven Grammy awards and set the new record for awards won by a women in the industry. She won Album of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, Best R&B Song, and Best R&B Album.

After her albums release, Hill became disappointed with the music industry. She went on a introspective spiritual journey for a few years in which she was away from social interaction. According to Hill, 'I had to confront my fears and master every demonic thought about inferiority, about insecurity or the fear of being Black, young and gifted in this western culture.' She stopped watching television and listening to music and began to explore methods of expressing herself.

Apearing again in 2001, Lauryn Hill performed for fans in an MTV filmed appearance. She had cut her hair off and wore plain clothing. The songs were released on the album 2002 MTV Unplugged No. 2.0, which went platinum despite very mixed reviews. Many of the songs featured only Hill's voice with an acoustic guitar. This radical departure from normal music led some critics to praise Hill's passion, brilliance and honesty while others reviled the album as unlistenable.

The Fugees reunited in 2004 and have begun work on a new album. Likewise, Lauryn (who now prefers to be called 'Ms. Hill') is working on another album and reportedly has built up a large quantity of high quality tracks.

Besides her musical career, Hill is an active humanitarian. She founded the Refugee Project which hosts camps for at-risk youth and supports well-building projects in Kenya and Uganda. She also staged a rap concert in Harlem to promote voter registration and has been honored with many awards for her works.

In the summer of 1996, she met Rohan Marley, son of the late reggae music icon Bob Marley, and openly had a relationship with him. Wyclef knew about this relationship. Lauryn soon became pregnant by Marley, who himself was already married. She kept the information about who the baby's father was a secret to almost everyone; Jean assumed the baby was his when he first visited her in the hospital.

Though she refers to Marley as her husband, the two appear to have never been legally married. Marley never divorced his first wife Geraldine Khawly, whom he married in 1993 while a sophomore at University of Miami, Florida. With Khawly he has two children: daughter Eden Marley and son Nicolas Marley . Marley's personal MySpace account lists his relationship status as "single", but says he and Hill are "spiritually together".

Hill has five children with Rohan Marley, son of Bob Marley. Zion David was born in 1997, Selah Louise in 1998, Joshua in 2002 ,John Omaru in 2003. . . The couple's fifth child is a baby girl who was born in early 2008.

Since 1998, Hill has lived in both the Caribbean and an upscale hotel in Miami,  but in August 2008, it was reported that Hill was living with her mother and children in her hometown of South Orange, New Jersey

Discography
(1998) - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
(2000) - The Lauryn Hill Story
(2002) - MTV Unplugged No 2.0
(2008) - Ms. Hill

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2009
@ mohawkchic
about Jodeci, you forgot a very important part. Kci and Jojo are still touring around the world and the last "concert" they famously had was 2008 in Australia where Jojo collapsed on stage (junkied out!!!!)
they blamed it on an epileptic seizure but we all know what the deal is. the proof is in the pudding:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M7m_EccTEQ&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
~You dont Say! shocked Ta. for the heads up. . . wink it didnt come on my search!
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2009
mohawkchic:

~You dont Say! shocked Ta. for the heads up. . . wink it didnt come on my search!

the story didnt make so much noise but if you were in Australia back then, EVERYONE was talking about it. LOL

as for Tevin Campbell, there was heavy rumours that he was in a long-time "romantic partnership" with musician Rashaan Patterson
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2009
come on, we want all the juicy details and the where are they now photos like the ones you uploaded of Jodeci.

Keith Sweat
WHERE ARE THEY NOW:
Keith Sweat is now a popular radio personality who is heard in 40 markets on Clear Channel. When he’s not on the radio, Sweat is busy producing R&B group Dru Hill’s new album, and the group is currently shooting its own reality series which Sweat will appear in.
lets not forget that Keith has been divorced for 6 yrs now from “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Lisa Wu Hartwell.
Keith sweat has always had the custody of his two boys but now she is suing him to get full custody of the children and some well deserved child support as well. K. Sweat has always refused to have his boys on the tv reality show.
there has been many rumors of keith Sweat's homosexuality (fuelled by his ex wife) but none ever been "confirmed".
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2009
EN VOGUE
WHER ARE THEY NOW:

This year marks the 20th anniversary of Grammy nominated female singing group En Vogue. With a legacy as one of the most popular and successful female groups of all time, En Vogue is celebrating this milestone with a reunion of all four original members- Cindy Herron-Bragg, Terry Ellis, Dawn Robinson and Maxine Jones.
As part of this year-long Anniversary Party, all four members recently reunited for a performance of their greatest hits on A&E’s ‘Private Sessions.’ (the 1hr show is easily availble on youtube)
En Vogue remains one of the world’s most popular, successful & iconic girl groups of all times and this year marks a very busy year for the ladies. They are currently in the studio recording a new CD slated to debut in late 2009 commemorating their 20th anniversary as a group.

The ladies will also embark on a US tour as part of this monumental occasion which will begin this June in celebration of Black Music Month. Known for their popular hits “Hold On” & “Free Your Mind,” En Vogue began dominating the charts in the 90s.
The group has shattered many records, including selling more than 20 million albums and CDs worldwide and spending more than 2,800 weeks on various Billboard charts. Starting with 1990’s ‘Born to Sing’ CD, En Vogue has released 11 CDs to date
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by cliveland: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2009
u go kill person oooooooooooooooooo
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by Consultant(f): 1:12am On Jul 19, 2009
What about KRIS KROS?
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by shesi(m): 1:19am On Jul 19, 2009
my god you must be old. who the f are some of these ppl you're naming? lol
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:25am On Jul 19, 2009
~Not nearly old enuff to have a son your age! grin Thank Fork for that! You wudnt even begin to Understand what these Names meant in Music!!. . .BTW I'm Not Really 32,I'm 18 With 14 Years Experience! cheesy
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by pete(m): 2:27am On Jul 19, 2009
You guys want to come home a little bit? How about Majek? thats one Nigerian voice that we're loosing to only God knows what, I saw him some time ago tears was all over my eyes, I see Mike Okri every now and then, he is doing well.
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 2:42am On Jul 19, 2009
I miss nivea, Hopefully she makes a huge come back album. . . . .

And monica, . . .OMG!!!, her voice was always on point I think she was even more consistent than brandy at some point, . . .miss her plenny!!

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by nguage(m): 2:44am On Jul 19, 2009
TOYOSI20:

I miss nivea, Hopefully she makes a huge come back album. . . . .

And monica, . . .OMG!!!, her voice was always on point I think she was even more consistent than brandy at some point, . . .miss her plenny!!

Did you sign on because I'm on? tongue
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 2:45am On Jul 19, 2009
and nivea. . . . .  . smiley

Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 2:48am On Jul 19, 2009
n-guage:

Did you sign on because I'm on? tongue

are u on line??. . .didnt notice undecided
Re: ~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ by nguage(m): 2:53am On Jul 19, 2009
TOYOSI20:

are u on line??. . .didnt notice undecided

Toyosi, you're blushing, I see it from here. You're also waiting for my replies. Stop pretending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nas And Jay-z Mason's Theory Interesting Read / VIDEO [DOWNLOAD]: P-square - Alingo / VIDEO: P Square – Alingo (+mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.