Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes (64944 Views)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by saintkel(m): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Same to you dear.

Hope you don take morning tea?
I was waiting for u for us to sip dat together. U know I care a lot about u my darling
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 02, 2016
No more Abiola, Now Dangote
No more Dantata, Now Otedola
Tomorrow it's my turn, inshallah

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by 100Cents: 9:31am On Mar 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
OP, I no see my name for that list ooooo

Well, waiting for TOP 5 Richest Nairalanders. I know say my name go definitely feature for that one cheesy

*nobody should quote me*

Freedom of Speech..
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by tooman: 9:31am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Interesting how no Igbo Man ever makes the Forbes list.

grin

Anyone care to explain why?
trouble maker
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by chesseorba: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
They dont Pass Over Opportunities Repeatedly. That means they are not POOR. They have bigger dreams, they think bigger. You can only become as far as your immagination is. And lastly, they dont hang around people that have similar problems with them, only around those with the solutions to their problems.

missbronze:
Hmmmm.

What do this Billionaires do that we don't do?

I mean, how do they acquire so much wealth?

Does it mean they are the ones that husstle most?

Abi, na dem get brain pass?

And, Yes, life is not fair. how can it bless one person with so much wealth and let another person be as poor as church rat.?

Meanwhile, why is it that the ratio of rich men are higher than that of rich women?

Is it that God or luck favours men most?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
saintkel:
I was waiting for u for us to sip dat together. U know I care a lot about u my darling
Hehehe.

See your head.!

Well, I prefer to take pap than tea. so, go ahead without me.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by seunmsg(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
So funny reading how our brothers from the east are rationalising the fact that no business man from their side is on the list. If it's the other way round, the amount of chest beating on this thread will be unbeatable.

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by 1wolex85: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
100Cents:

Ifeanyi Uba's assets and investment in refined petroleum importation and distribition is worth over N500bn and he controls 34 % of Nigerias refined products distribution

Please, do you doubt it ?

Abeg help me convert N500bn into dollars.

Ifeanyi Ubah does not control 34% of refined products distribution, you can take it to the bank! 500bn assets! lol

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
100Cents:

Ifeanyi Uba's assets and investment in refined petroleum importation and distribition is worth over N500bn and he controls 34 % of Nigerias refined products distribution

Please, do you doubt it ?

Abeg help me convert N500bn into dollars.

If you have to announce your wealth, then you are not that wealthy. People with real money don't make their own noise, when have you seen anyone on that list telling the world they have N500b in assets? Forbes calculate wealth based on assets, outstanding debts, shares in pubic companies, comparison with similar companies in the case of private companies, verifiable, interviews with employees, public records and legitimacy of earnings (which is why they won't list many of the people who have looted our country)

For all the noise Ifeanyi Ubah makes and his much touted 35% of the downstream sector, he would have come to the attention of Forbes. For a man who likes to brag, if he isn't listed it's because they do not believe or cannot cerify that he is a billionaire or at least a billionaire by legitimate means.

13 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by tooman: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Na by hard work, explicit expectations without resultant effort is more of a fantasy
not hard work Bro. but smart or God's favour
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Ogbuefi2020: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2016
To hell with billionaires in the midst of abject poverty. Poverty in kano will forever be far higher than that of Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by adamooye: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2016
lifezone247:
We knew that since, coming to overtake them soon.
Dangerous
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by wristbangle: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2016
henrysilver:
See the correct list here before you continue with your rubbish..
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT, (Entertainment)

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas (Oil & gas)

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox (Computer, technology)

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking

Where is alakija in your list?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by saintkel(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Hehehe.

See your head.!

Well, I prefer to take pap than tea. so, go ahead without me.
#goes to d mirror# wetin do my head now?.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by lastpage: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2016
SirShymexx:
Loooool.

Three Ijebu nyggahs out of five...that's 60%. We run naij but we don't make noise.

Ijebu nyggahs get the gwop.

Duke of Ijebuland.

Hehehehe.......you think its for joke that when 'doing business', the only people that IP.ADs 'fear & tremble' for in Nigeria, are the Ijebus? grin grin

But seriously, "top-notch business acumen" seems to be ingrained in the DNA of Ijebus right from birth so much so that anyone that shows some dexterity with money/business..... is eventually termed "an Ijebu"!
undecided

.....and the good thing about Ijebus is that despite being "silent" money-bags, once in a while, they party and enjoy their money! Just visit Ijebu on a weekend.

forget all those noise-makers who after making some "small change", will crown themselves "King of Money"! shocked shocked
The real "Kings of Money" are on that list.

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by 100Cents: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2016
KingRex1:
Tinubu, Babangida, Gowon no dey this? Forbes knws nothin..

No mind them. Tinibu real estate alone crosses $1billion.

We know he cant grant a FORBES interview.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by greatiyk4u(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2016
goodgate:
Don't forget GOD's grace, without it hardwork amounts to nothing.

God's grace is constant,
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2016
There are differences between traders, inventors, industrialists, businessmen and entrepreneurs. For now, the only visible entrepreneur from the east is Orji Kalu, even though he didn't make this forbes list. Others are at most businessmen while the multitude are mere traders. And of course with some inventors like Leo Stan. It take an entrepreneur to build wealth not just riches.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2016
saintkel:
#goes to d mirror# wetin do my head now?.
Lol.

Nothing do your head dear. was just teasing you.

Do have a lovely day.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Mactop01: 9:39am On Mar 02, 2016
baba God oooo pick up pick up, Dangote ko ni ori meji, na beg I dey beg oooo, God pls Bless the good work of my hand, make Forbes too dey find me. #HardWorkPay tho.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by lastpage: 9:40am On Mar 02, 2016
wristbangle:

Where is alakija in your list?

That list is a "local, noise-makers list"...... made in Aba, as we say! grin grin grin

Allow them to live in their "fo.ols paradise"...... if it makes them happy.
I will rather believe a Forbes List, which has "years of integrity" behind it........ than some ego-tripping local boy who wants to belong
undecided undecided

Latspage!

lookandlaff:

If you have to announce your wealth, then you are not that wealthy. People with real money don't make their own noise, when have you seen anyone on that list telling the world they have N500b in assets? Forbes calculate wealth based on assets, outstanding debts, shares in pubic companies, comparison with similar companies in the case of private companies, verifiable, interviews with employees, public records and legitimacy of earnings (which is why they won't list many of the people who have looted our country)

For all the noise Ifeanyi Ubah makes and his much touted 35% of the downstream sector, he would have come to the attention of Forbes. For a man who likes to brag, if he isn't listed it's because they do not believe or cannot cerify that he is a billionaire or at least a billionaire by legitimate means

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by eyeview: 9:40am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

Permit me to explain without any bias to tribe. If you are an economist or business scholar,you will understand that modern researchers have discovered that unlike in the past where it was generally accepted that we had 4p's(product,place,price and promotion),today there is an inevitable 5th P known as 'politics'. What this means is that you need government support,endorsement and cover to make a certain level of success in business.
Those men you see there are successful no doubt,but their major breakthroughs can be attributed to one govt or the other(some are even beyond 1 govt). Eg,there was no Otedola before obasanjo,no Jimoh ibrahim(though going broke now). Every new govt leads to the emergence of a new set to join the existing. Most of the northern billionaires are a result of long years of northern oilgarchy and rule.
Most of the igbos you see are purely self made and independent of any govt. Its only in recent times that we now see the likes of ifeanyi ubah, innoson,coscharis, orange drugs etc dine with the corridors of power. Prior to now,its been purely on the 1st 4p's. Now imagine what will happen if a govt sympathetic to their cause comes in.
Finally,a research of per capita income has shown that Nigeria's wealth and its concentration is like a triangle. While the tip has very few igbos(the forbes' category),the stage after the tip has a concentration of the igbos. In simple words,they may have a few dollarized billionaires,but have most dollarized millionaires. So they have a higher spread of wealth,unlike in some regions where you will have a few making the forbes' rich list and yet has the highest number of destitutes and beggers in the whole federation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by saintkel(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Lol.

Do have a lovely day.
Baby don't leave me now pls
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by saintkel(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Lol.

Do have a lovely day.
Baby don't leave me now pls
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Kay25(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Abeg se na d list go solve our economy probs abi I fit use d list buy gaari 1cup for 1 naira?until all nigerians can afford to live good I don't believe dis shit
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by vicfajeze: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2016
I will surely be there one day
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by VirginFinder: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2016
henrysilver:
[s]See the correct list here before you continue with your rubbish..
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil ...[/s]

Nonsense!
There is no ibo billionaire dead or alive!!
Chikena.
ibos accept; oga(Yorubas) na master!!!

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by godsfavoritee(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

cos they invest on spare parts!!!

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Ogbuefi2020: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2016
seunmsg:
So funny reading how our brothers from the east are rationalising the fact that no business man from their side is on the list. If it's the other way round, the amount of chest beating on this thread will be unbeatable.
mischievous OP listed only first five with an intention. Let him list all billionaires lets see who dominate
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by einsteine(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2016
How does it help you guys if someone from your tribe is on the list. It is foolishness to boast with another man's achievements because he is from your tribe. RICH YORUBA PEOPLE HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH RICH IGBO PEOPLE THAN WITH POOR YORUBA PEOPLE. Make your own money and stop counting the number of your tribesmen on the list.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by SirShymexx: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2016
lastpage:

Hehehehe.......you think its for joke that when 'doing business', the only people that IP.ADs 'fear & tremble' for in Nigeria, are the Ijebus? grin grin

But seriously, "top-notch business acumen" seems to be ingrained in the DNA of Ijebus right from birth so much so that anyone that shows some dexterity with money/business..... is eventually termed "an Ijebu"!
undecided

.....and the good thing about Ijebus is that despite being "silent" money-bags, once in a while, they party and enjoy their money! Just visit Ijebu on a weekend.

forget all those noise-makers who after making some "small change", will crown themselves "King of Money"! shocked shocked
The real "Kings of Money" are on that list.

Lastpage!

Loool.

Numbers don't lie. I'm sure if they were to increase the list to 10 or 20 - Ijebus would still dominate. Heck, even if they were make a list of Nigerian money-bags in diaspora, Ijebus would still dominate. Not trying to take Ijebu out of Yoruba cos all Yoruba groups get money.

However, I'm just trying to get under the skin of Biafrans. Shyte, some Biafran was telling me last week that Ifeanyi Ubah the U-bum and failure of a businessman can buy my hometown. I just had to laugh cos the richest man from my hometown can buy Ifeanyi Ubah the U-bum's state and turn Ifeanyi Ubah the U-bum and his folks into slaves, with loose change left.

Some folks are just naturally born to make money and are shrewd when it comes to business, with a very high IQ. But they don't make noise. Noise making is for market traders cos with noise, how can market traders sell their wares and get the necessary attention? grin

Big ups to Yoruba people - keep getting that gwop and dominating whatever list with real figures. Numbers don't lie and the real bad boys move in silence. grin cool

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by MadCow1: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

mischievous OP listed only first five with an intention. Let him list all billionaires lets see who dominate

Its not mischief per se..

And alot of explanations given are very valid.

Its not about making the Forbes top 10, its about wealth distribution.

The East has better wealth distribution than any other region in Nigeria.

They may not make the Forbes list, but majority in the East have money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Flaunts Dollar Bills: 'See Money! Come Pick If You Are Hungry' / Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.