Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes (64930 Views)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by ibisko04: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2016
ashkenking:
hard work o jawo mo.. smart work lo le se.. wu knows the source of those guys capital..

Otito Oro. True talk. Be smart in whatever you do . However, don't let your smartness turn into crooknecks.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by blackprowler: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Hmmmm.

What do this Billionaires do that we don't do?

I mean, how do they acquire so much wealth?

Does it mean they are the ones that husstle most?

Abi, na dem get brain pass?

And, Yes, life is not fair. how can it bless one person with so much wealth and let another person be as poor as church rat.?

Meanwhile, why is it that the ratio of rich men are higher than that of rich women?

Is it that God or luck favours men most?

"And I came and saw under the sun that:
The race is not to the swift
Nor the battle to the strong
Nor bread to the wise
Nor riches to men of understanding
Nor favour to men of skill
But time and chance happen to them all"
I am anti-religion, but there is no greater truth in all the bible than this epic reflection of King Solomon. Forgive me if there's any error which I doubt, as I've memorised this quote Ecc 9:11 for almost 20 years as life began to destroy all my illusions
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by mamawin(f): 9:50am On Mar 02, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Before i clock 45, by God's grace, i will be on that list.

Amen
hmmmm just make sure you take it easy oo #no magomago
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by SirShymexx: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2016
[s]
henrysilver:
See the correct list here before you continue with your rubbish..
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT, (Entertainment)

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas (Oil & gas)

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox (Computer, technology)

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking
[/s]

Shut up and stop making up fake list. grin

Numbers don't lie. The richest in naij are forever Ijebus...no one is close.

Stop making noise and stop lying. grin

Even ya VP is Ijebu. grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by VirginFinder: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2016
eyeview:

[s]Permit me to explain without any bias to tribe. If you are an economist or business scholar,you will understand that modern researchers have discovered that unlike in the past where it was generally accepted that we had 4p's(product,place,price and promotion),today there is an inevitable 5th P known as 'politics'.[/s]

Rubbish!
Should dollar millionaires be listed, Yorubas will still flaw ibos effortlessly.
ibos accept; oga(Yorubas) na master!

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by seunmsg(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

mischievous OP listed only first five with an intention. Let him list all billionaires lets see who dominate

You have access to the Internet, you can also do that.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by LAFOCUZY: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2016
laprince:

somehow, their businesses are not so big. However, I notice that the Ibos have a better distribution of wealth than any other part of Nigeria.

Poverty in the east is not as severe as poverty in other regions. The Ibos have a hustling grace that moves them out of poverty line readily.

You quite right. The east is fairly prosperous and you don't see the level of poverty you see in other parts of Africa. But the rich guys don't list their business. its still largely family business and dies with the man. The west are quite open in this regard. Another contributing factor is that most of the Ibo guys grow their business organically from the scratch and have not been lucky with the acquisition of government sale off of Public Enterprise or favorable import concessions. they need to be more politically developed. There is no big business anywhere in the world without strong links to politics and government administration. This is one thing the Ibos lack. And unfortunately is either they are not just interested or they are damn right ignorant about its importance in their business growth

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by chigoizie7(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
ayoolanr:
Your list must be fake, no single biafran that built Nigeria's economy! grin

Lolz, guy, u re funny.

I don't know about other biafrans and how much they are worth.

But, ifeanyi uba recently staked his N500billion worth just to do a work for FGN.

If it is true about his worth, then, he should be $2.5billion @ official CBN rate of 199 per dollar.

And I know ifeanyi uba is not amongst the 10 richest biafrans.

Let's just say, igbos just like their money and investments the way it is.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Chinom(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Interesting how no Igbo Man ever makes the Forbes list.

grin

Anyone care to explain why?

Because Igbo billionaires are NOT interested in Forbes list. Is Mr. Forbes a Nigerian. How could he possibly know who is actually rich in Nigeria. Forbes list refers only to businesses listed on the stock exchange and those who front them. He knows nothing about the real owners of wealth in Nigeria.
Nobody can convince me that Mrs Alakija and Otedola are richer than Emeka Offor, Ifeanyi Uba or Orji Uzor Kalu. Besides we all know the real investors behind Adenuga and Alakija. Are those people on Forbes list. NO. When it comes to Nigeria, Forbes can never get accurate statistics. For example, is Mrs Alakija richer than Danjuma. Both of them got their oil wells in the same manner- a gift (Dash).
Forbes list is not relevant in Nigeria. Stop having an e.rection over it.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
saintkel:
Baby don't leave me now pls
Don't wanna derail the thread.

Don't worry, will be waiting for you in your house this evening.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by mamawin(f): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

I wonder o, upon all dem business expertise?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by eyeview: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2016
VirginFinder:

Rubbish!
Should dollar millionaires be listed, Yorubas will still flaw ibos effortlessly.
ibos accept; oga(Yorubas) na master!
Another angry child. Concentrate on finding your virgin.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by montezz(f): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Hmmmm.

And, Yes, life is not fair. how can it bless one person with so much wealth and let another person be as poor as church rat.?

Meanwhile, why is it that the ratio of rich men are higher than that of rich women?

Lol...not really. Life gave us same time,opportunities and numerous talents. As a matter of fact,your talents might me much more than Dangote's but the problem lies in how we choose to utilize them to our own advantage. Read biographies of great entrepreneurs and you will how most of them rose to shine from almost nothing. Just look within you and work very hard to actualize ur picture of future. Remember,what a man can do,a woman can do better.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by girlfriendsnatc: 9:55am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

It's because Nigeria is a zoo, Forbes is an amala and ewedu magazine owned by APC and the ibos are still building their country biafra on the moon. By the time they are through, one biafran pound will be equal to USD $1billion, and NnLiedi Kalu will be the Emperor of the galaxy. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by luvly101: 9:55am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Hmmmm.

I guess they don't spend unnecessarily, as they would prefer to spend only if a return is expected. cool
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by igwe123: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

Lol, OP did a list and stopped at the place where Igbos started coming up. show us a full list of all billionairs, OP said five only with an intention
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by tico1212(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2016
henrysilver:
See the correct list here before you continue with your rubbish..
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT, (Entertainment)

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas (Oil & gas)

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox (Computer, technology)

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking
What of Obateru - Obat ?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Before i clock 45, by God's grace, i will be on that list.

Amen

You can't be on that list by God grace

But you can be on the list by taking your sorry-ass up and work hard
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by ak47mann(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2016
Nonsense only ibeto and Emeka Offor net worth is about 10 billion dollars and they don't even make noise about it gullible Nigerians google is your answer cool

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by mart2k(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

Ibos are traders

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 02, 2016
blackprowler:

"And I came and saw under the sun that:
The race is not to the swift
Nor the battle to the strong
Nor bread to the wise
Nor riches to men of understanding
Nor favour to men of skill
But time and chance happen to them all"
I am anti-religion, but there is no greater truth in all the bible than this epic reflection of King Solomon. Forgive me if there's any error which I doubt, as I've memorised this quote Ecc 9:11 for almost 20 years as life began to destroy all my illusions
Yes, is also among my best bible quote. I always draw consolation from it, whenever I feel down.

But, if I am to go with that verse in realities of life, I will boldly say that time and chance is not fair at all. Why happen to some people and leave some people to be so wretched till the day they die.?

Why favour some people and leave some people?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by goodgate: 10:02am On Mar 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

God's grace is constant,
TRUE.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by lastpage: 10:02am On Mar 02, 2016
eyeview:

Permit me to explain without any bias to tribe. If you are an economist or business scholar,you will understand that modern researchers have discovered that unlike in the past where it was generally accepted that we had 4p's(product,place,price and promotion),today there is an inevitable 5th P known as 'politics'. What this means is that you need government support,endorsement and cover to make a certain level of success in business.
Those men you see there are successful no doubt,but their major breakthroughs can be attributed to one govt or the other(some are even beyond 1 govt). Eg,there was no Otedola before obasanjo. Most of the northern billionaires are a result of long years of northern oilgarchy and rule.
Most of the igbos you see are purely self made and independent of any govt. Its only in recent times that we now see the likes of ifeanyi ubah, innoson,coscharis, orange drugs etc dine with the corridors of power. Prior to now,its been purely on the 1st 4p's. Now imagine what will happen if a govt sympathetic to their cause comes in.
Finally,a research of per capita income has shown that Nigeria's wealth and its concentration is like a triangle. While the tip has very few igbos(the forbes' category),the stage after the tip has a concentration of the igbos. In simple words,they may have a few dollarized billionaires,but have most dollarized millionaires. So they have a higher spread of wealth.

Stop this self-deceit...PLEASE!

The only reason Igbos support Jonathan and wants him re-elected (despite his glaring ineptitude and kleptomaniac tendency) is because his Government was by all, .....for igbos ....and by igbos.

Who made Ifeanyi ubah a billionaire, if not Jonathan? (When is he going to refund the 4Billion that Jonathan gave him at that Hotel in Abuja, two day after the election was postponed (for "TAN"; Online/Social media Propaganda and the 40Laptops fame)?

Who supported his Capital Oil to round-trip on crude oil, collect undeserved SUBSIDY and generally loot the Nations treasury? Is it not the same President Goodluck "EbeleChukwu" Jonathan?
....or are you not aware that just after Buhari came into Government, he was asked to REFUND illegally collected Subsidy (which he refunded by using it to supply PMS, instead of cash .... which some ignorant ones like you tend to term like he was 'helping the Govt"
grin

Granted, every Rich-Business person needs "Govt support in terms of "favourable Govt policy" (The likes of Apple, Microsoft, FaceBook also enjoy this) but not all those on that list engage in the kind of illicit business dealings like our 'Igbos blodders' do, to get rich at all cost.
When Jonathan was promoting Innoson motors while clamping down on foreign vehicle assemblers, was "Govt" of that day not supporting oigbo business?
Now that Buhari is banning a long list of products, is he not supporting igbo business who can manufacture (or at least churn out a "substandard version"wink the same products at home?

Why then try to put down other people who are more successful, by trying to imply they could not have been, if not for illicit Govt support?
.....and that your triangle "Research" needs to be REFERENCED so we can all read it.....or is it just for your eyes only or was it done in your "Igbo mind' only? grin grin grin

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by engreo(m): 10:02am On Mar 02, 2016
I trust odua people, u will never find them wanting in any successive things in nigeria. Be it leadership, education, politic, riches, fame boldness etc. Keep moving my people, ur nigga is coming, I will join u people very soon.

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by saintkel(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Don't wanna derail the thread.

Don't worry, will be waiting for you in your house this evening.
Wow tnx sweetest
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Baroba(m): 10:04am On Mar 02, 2016
einsteine:
How does it help you guys if someone from your tribe is on the list. It is foolishness to boast with another man's achievements because he is from your tribe. RICH YORUBA PEOPLE HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH RICH IGBO PEOPLE THAN WITH POOR YORUBA PEOPLE. Make your own money and stop counting the number of your tribesmen on the list.

Please keep preaching to these kids.. Every man for himself..

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by igwe123: 10:04am On Mar 02, 2016
girlfriendsnatc:

It's because Nigeria is a zoo, Forbes is an amala and ewedu magazine owned by APC and the ibos are still building their country biafra on the moon. By the time they are through, one biafran pound will be equal to USD $1billion, and NnLiedi Kalu will be the Emperor of the galaxy. cool
I laugh at your ignorance, Everything in Igboland is decentralised and tends towards the center. Igbos have Forbes billionaires and the highest number of Forbes multi millionaires. OP decide to stop at five for a mischievious reason. check out this pic

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Chinom(m): 10:06am On Mar 02, 2016
The only real Dollar billionaires I recognize in Nigeria are Aliko Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia,Orji Uzor Kalu and maybe Fola Adeola (If he is a dollar billionare). These are people that started from the scratch and built a multi billion dollar business.

We all know that Adenuga and Alakija had to suck a certain man's d*ick to be where they are today. Or should we conclude Atiku, Abdulsalmi and the other crooks among our billionaires?. Gerrraahia !!
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by NaijaCuzin: 10:06am On Mar 02, 2016
I can't see Jonathan name sad

Anyways,the last time I checked on Mike Adenuga ,he worths $2B(3-4 years ago) and now he has $9B.

I still wonder Hw Nigerians are all on Forbes and still yet Nigeria is still not going anywhere .

There are no South African ,Ethiopians for Top Forbes Billionaires and yet they are more developed than us

..Dangote (the Dangote Company C.E.O) with $16B and he has nothing to show for it ...The North were he is from is even now backward.

...Adenuga (the GLO C.E.O) with $9B after we don waste money for airtime ...

sad feeling sorry for Nigerians
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by AKAKAK(m): 10:06am On Mar 02, 2016
So no single Igbo or south man in the list Three Yoruba people, two Northern people in the top five and the way they write on nairaland and other social media you will think they are the smartest or they control everything in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by lonamy: 10:06am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

The list is talking about Richest Men in Nigeria, Not Richest men in Biafra Republic.

In Biafra Republic, you will see Anyi Uba, Orji Uzor Kalu and the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by blackprowler: 10:08am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Yes, is also among my best bible quote. I always draw consolation from it, whenever I feel down.

But, if I am to go with that verse in realities of life, I will boldly say that time and chance is not fair at all. Why happen to some people and leave some people to be so wretched till the day they die.?

Why favour some people and leave some people?

My dear sister, I mean no disrespect but you don't understand that quote. The quote is the answer to that question you still ask. I've seen other bibles that are written in today's English that will help you better understand the quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Flaunts Dollar Bills: 'See Money! Come Pick If You Are Hungry' / Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.