Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern (28545 Views)

JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) / JAMB Releases 2017 UTME Results For Second Batch / JAMB Releases 57,000 Results Of The Saturday UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by adedam007(m): 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2016
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Without JAMB University Admission will be to the highest bidder. Post UTME is an eye opener
i dnt believe so, let it be an open test in the school...the required score for the department you are applying for should be pasted there so everybody will see it should incase your cutoff mark was upto the score and they deny you admission, you can take it up from there...my brother, this strategy will work very well and FG knows it, they are only ignoring it cosof what they achieve from jamb....some few years ago they almost adopted this method, i dnt knw what happenedundecided
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by sirwealth(m): 1:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
Georeal:

pls help me paste the site here or help me check "65141641AH" then screenshot it. tnk uuuuuuuuuuuuu

Since u put uniuyo, contact me lets talk. Am in banking and finance already
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Without JAMB University Admission will be to the highest bidder. Post UTME is an eye opener
i dnt believe so, let it be an open test in the school...the required score for the department you are applying for should be pasted there so everybody will see it should incase your cutoff mark was upto the score and they deny you admission, you can take it up from there...my brother, this strategy will work very well and FG knows it, they are only ignoring it cosof what they achieve from jamb....some few years ago they almost adopted this method, i dnt knw what happenedundecided....
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Pizzle1234(m): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
So u chosed yabatech d school dat has d slowest academic calender...... grin
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by abiolag(m): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2016
Some people prefer result withheld so they can tell people that they score too high grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Kenneth10110(m): 1:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:
Jamb should be scraped...this same jamb kept me @home for 4years and plus before i gained admissionundecided...look @the way students are failing jamb because of poor way of conducting the cbt, in most cases the system breaks down in the middle of the exam leaving the candidates helplessundecided..

I 've said it before and i'd repeat...they should scrap jamb, any student that wants admission should go to the institution of his or her choice and obtain their customized form, write their entry exam, if he or she passes then the school should admit the person, if he or she fails, the student should wait for next year.

if jamb is scrapped then high population in schools will be the rich. just settle the school and get in. Then the brilliant masses Will sit at home pls reason with me
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by tosyne2much(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:

You are right bro.. Without JAMB, admission will be on the basis of highest bidder.. Hwoever, the system will be so manipulated that only those who have connections will be admitted while people who know nobody have little chances of being admitted, or perhaps, have no chance at all

It will also be a sort of avenue for extortion because many applicants will be advised to enrol for their exams.. In fact, the post UME of many institutions will be raised to N10, 000

Cc

firstking01
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by nonstan(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
Funny during my own time u go score 250 u never sure of admission but now person score 215 DE happy

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by iamauxin(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
nonstan:
Funny during my own time u go score 250 u never sure of admission but now person score 215 DE happy
exactly bro, I used 253 to gain admission. Fashe....d future of Nigeria is in danger
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
You are right bro.. Without JAMB, admission will be on the basis of highest bidder.. Hwoever, the system will be so manipulated that only those who have connections will be admitted while people who know nobody have little chances of being admitted, or perhaps, have no chance at all

It will also be a sort of avenue for extortion because many applicants will be advised to enrol for their exams.. In fact, the post UME of many institutions will be raised to N10, 000

Cc

firstking01
so, is it not happening now?,,,my take is, they should make the cutoff mark for every department you are applying for a public notice, so that if you hit the department cutoff, there and then they admit you, give you a paper and stamp on it that you 've gained admissioncheesy...tosyn, just imagine this thing wey i talk now, where the wayo wan from come now, with this, it will be strictly on meritundecided....the same thing applicable when you are applying for supplementary...remember that you are writing with the school customized system, so immediately you hit the department cutoff, automatically the system will signify you 've gotten admissionundecided...i wish jamb officials will see this...

Cc tosyn2much

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by AZeD1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:
i dnt believe so, let it be an open test in the school...the required score for the department you are applying for should be pasted there so everybody will see it should incase your cutoff mark was upto the score and they deny you admission, you can take it up from there...my brother, this strategy will work very well and FG knows it, they are only ignoring it cosof what they achieve from jamb....some few years ago they almost adopted this method, i dnt knw what happenedundecided
1) Getting the cutoff mark does not guarantee you will be admitted.
2) Even if the test is done in the open, the highest bidders would have seen the questions and answers long before the date of admission.
3) You say jamb is all about the money, do you think the universities are any different?
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Liljeez(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
Georeal:

pls did u buy a new scratch card to check ur result?
U dont even need any scratch card...i checked mine yday...

I got 164+40....making 204
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Purpletee(f): 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
jamb sent me a text message but I have not been able to view my result online.. it keeps showing no result yet...does any1 have d same issue with me
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by bobbiekrantz: 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
Massive failure in Jamb.. grin

Goodluck to dee Jambito's shaa.. grin
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Major0303(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
please help me check...65451894GA
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2016
jamb jamb! I scored 401 last year grin
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Icekyng: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
Major0303:
please help me check...65451894GA
no result yet
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by ArodewilliamsT: 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
For Christ's sakes, Jamb should be scrapped. It's a total waste of time and parent's funds. Apply to universities online and write their exams, if anyone accepts you, fine.

A friend spent 5 years seeking admission, in the 6th year he got admission into 3 different universities in the United states. I adviced him to sell everything he could and get out as fast as he can. Today he earns $92,500 p.a in the states just 2 years after graduating in the IT industry. God punish nigeria.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scrap JAMB bacause you refuse to pass? If you care to know, Nigeria only have about 300k space availble for over 2 million JAMB applicants each year and more than 600k already scaled the JAMB pass mark. If u are not willing to compete, go raise money for predegree. As for the minister... If a student can operate a phone and ATM why cant such click a computer. If you cant learn how to operate a computer why should u aspire to atttend a university in this age? CBT is the way to go, competition ougtht to be fair. The minister should go and sit his ass down
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by kachnov(m): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
This jamb thing certainly needs improvements.
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
For Christ's sakes, Jamb should be scrapped. It's a total waste of time. A friend spent 5 years seeking admission, in the 6th year he got admission into 3 different universities in the United states. I adviced him to sell everything he could and get out as fast as he can. Today he earns $92,500 p.a in the states just 2 years after graduating in the IT industry. God punish this nigeria.
so your friend did not write SAT/ Toefl before he got admitted to US uni? There are about 2k univeristies and colleges in the US for about 350 million population yet they write qualifying exams. In Nigeria we have less than 100 for aboit 200 million, so you should expect a stiffer competion. They shoukd scrap JAMB because your friend failed? Did the unis complain to you they dont have enough qualified candidtates to fill available space?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Spymate: 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
nazoluv:
How To Check your JAMB Result online yourself. 2016 JAMB UTME result will be sent to candidate’s phone 30 minutes after exam and would be available online within the period of 24 hours.

The Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has announced that the results of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) will be available 30 minutes after leaving the hall.

Meaning that candidates that participated in the JAMB CBT exam will get a graphical result sent to their mobile phones 30 minutes after leaving the examination hall, while the specific scores will be released within the period of four days.

To access your 2016 JAMB UTME Results kindly follow the steps outlined below.

Steps On How to Check 2016 JAMB UTME CBT Results Online.

Note: You will only be able to check your result after the exam.

1. Go to JAMB result checking portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme3/.

2. Enter your registration number where required,

3. Finally, click on ‘Check Result’ to access your UTME score.
For more information and assistance call O8O34O44763.
since yesterday no alert and i even check online no result yet what do you advise i do pls help
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by sunnyeinstein(m): 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:
so, is it not happening now?,,,my take is, they should make the cutoff mark for every department you are applying for a public notice, so that if you hit the department cutoff, there and then they admit you, give you a paper and stamp on it that you 've gained admissioncheesy...tosyn, just imagine this thing wey i talk now, where the wayo wan from come now, with this, it will be strictly on meritundecided....the same thing applicable when you are applying for supplementary...remember that you are writing with the school customized system, so immediately you hit the department cutoff, automatically the system will signify you 've gotten admissionundecided...i wish jamb officials will see this...

Cc tosyn2much

God bless you for this post. Amen.

Honestly, dis is the solution to institutional bribery and appreciation of merit. Let all school boards sit, decide on cut-off for each department and report to jamb and jamb'll do the rest. Others who do not meet these cut-off marks can then be given allotted to universities based on their scores and/or choices to go sit for a department-based university-conducted merit entrance exam that would give them the opportunity to still gain admission to their favourite courses if they pass #shikena
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by ArodewilliamsT: 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
Nalikedis:
so your friend did not write SAT/ Toefl before he got admitted to US uni? There are about 2k univeristies and colleges in the US for about 350 million population yet they write qualifying exams. In Nigeria we have less than 100 for aboit 200 million, so you should expect a stiffer competion. They shoukd scrap JAMB because your friend failed? Did the unis complain to you they dont have enough qualified candidtates to fill available space?

He wrote his Toefl and SAT just once but wrote Jamb 5 times. Is Jamb more qualitative than SAT? No! But he passed it once. It should be scrapped except your father work in Dr Dibu's office and feeds you with the proceeds from their. Jamb has outlived it's usefulness, only criminals benefitting from the extortion of poor parents will support it's continued existence. Let Universities conduct their test and pick their students.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Awoofawo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
When you and your goons are waiting for guy that sold fake Jamb dub to you......

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

God bless you for this post. Amen.

Honestly, dis is the solution to institutional bribery and appreciation of merit. Let all school boards sit, decide on cut-off for each department and report to jamb and jamb'll do the rest. Others who do not meet these cut-off marks can then be given allotted to universities based on their scores and/or choices to go sit for a department-based university-conducted merit entrance exam that would give them the opportunity to still gain admission to their favourite courses if they pass #shikena
kponkwem...

Cc tosyn2much
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
AZeD1:

1) Getting the cutoff mark does not guarantee you will be admitted.
2) Even if the test is done in the open, the highest bidders would have seen the questions and answers long before the date of admission.
3) You say jamb is all about the money, do you think the universities are any different?
then they should make it an instanta admission...so far you 've gotten the cutoff mark, the system will automatically signy that you 've been given a provisional admissionundecided...my friend, just think of this strategy and give me feedback??
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by persius555(m): 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
Asking NCC to build four CBT centres yearly is not the solution. What will happen to the centres after jamb has ended? Another situation for a rotting decaying of public infrastructure (going by our poor maintainance culture). The suggestion is just a recipe for waste. Rather, since the students are coming from post primary institutions, jamb should encourage secondary school institutions to include CBT into their curriculum. They could work out access to cheap loans to private schools and let state govts fund the publi secondary schools.
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Georeal: 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
sirwealth:

Since u put uniuyo, contact me lets talk. Am in banking and finance already
its 4 my younger sister, not me per say
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Georeal: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
porrigeyam:
give me your email lemme send it to your email for u

Tnx man, its 4 my little sis though. but here is my email: realdude123.ae@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Things Every Nigerian Who Was A Prefect In Secondary School Will Remember / Delta State University In Pictures / Unilorin 2017/2018 Postgraduate Aspirants Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.