Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor (67601 Views)

Pls Help A Bachelor / How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor / Check Out The Food I Just Prepared For The Week (A Nairaland Bachelor) (2) (3) (4)

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by repogirl(f): 12:38am On Mar 03, 2016
You try,OP.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 03, 2016
Chai! If I had learnt all this things then.
EMEKA1MILLION:

Bros watin I go do na. This days u can't trust the food u buy outside.
It's the best way to also tongue cut cost cos if u do the math, spending 800 daily on feeding, that's 25k pee month. That's if 800 will even be enough to service ur stomach daily.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 03, 2016
MzPecs:
Mekus uses achi to cook egusi soup, I guess you're from abia state.

Nice one tho!

sis abeg wetin we do u for abia state oo.. leave us to eat our food in peace nw...haha

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 03, 2016
Modsenemy:
So next month, u will com and share anoda pix of ingredients den it will hit FP abi? undecided

Shave my Toto in d soup

Ewwww..

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by dantori(m): 12:53am On Mar 03, 2016
Sparklequeen:
Nice dishes. Ur wife will cherish you, weldone.

See you I know say u don de salivate oya fyi na for guys only me and Emeka
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by ericjohnson(m): 1:01am On Mar 03, 2016
Oboy na so so eba nd rice u wan eat 4 a whole month,malnutrition
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by vkon2(m): 1:06am On Mar 03, 2016
Cook cook you are, but before the end of 31 days, even wit the help of freezer, 40% of the taste and nutrients is gone
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by vkon2(m): 1:07am On Mar 03, 2016
Good cook you are, but before the end of 31 days, even wit the help of freezer, 40% of the taste and nutrients is gone
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by iukpe: 1:14am On Mar 03, 2016
Na where u dey store all dis food? sign better agreement with NEPA ooo.
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by linearity: 1:21am On Mar 03, 2016
Sparklequeen:
Nice dishes. Ur wife will cherish you, weldone.

In Godsday Orubebe's voice...You lie!

A man suppose to complement and not compete or replace or his wife jealous.

OP if you want to marry correct wife, you better start to unlearn how to cook. Women are easily intimidated though they wouldn't admit on nairaland, if I lie look at the replies below me.

Women, kind dey want to shine for their guy or please him especially in the department of 'the easiest way to a man's heart is through his stomach' and once they see the one that have masters that department, they will be like...how are mind going to top it or get to his heart now?

Don't get me wrong, they will sit down and enjoy your meal, commend you and some can even start chasing after you or agreeing to your spinning all of a sudden...beware! those are the ones that cannot cook to save their lives and they are looking up to you to complement their deficiencies.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by Acidosis(m): 1:22am On Mar 03, 2016
How do you power your deep freezer?

Me I like fresh things o
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by mmsen: 1:22am On Mar 03, 2016
Good work OP, food looks great.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by blaxx: 1:23am On Mar 03, 2016
next time u don cook, invite me o.
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by bongolistik(m): 1:26am On Mar 03, 2016
Modsenemy:
So next month, u will com and share anoda pix of ingredients den it will hit FP abi? undecided

Shave my Toto in d soup
nawty gel, u want mek Sapele water enter the guy chow, tomorrow mek him com dey vomit any how
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by OlowoB(m): 1:32am On Mar 03, 2016
namedonfinish:

I don't mind as long as u don't go nawty.. juz bored too .. n not bad havin a friend.. pm me, den mention so I can check my mail.. we give u my contact ..

sent you a pm, also bored. Not a crime knowing someone new on nairaland.
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by danwa25(m): 1:43am On Mar 03, 2016
How much is a cup of egusi in PH
EMEKA1MILLION:
Every new month this is what I do.
Go to market and get the things for the desired soup for the month myself since am still a bachelor and living alone.
The soup is expected to last for the month unless my friends come around.
This month of March I chose egusi, ogbono, okra and stew.

The egusi ingredients are
Egusi 2 cups
Achi (to make the soup thick)
Cameroon pepper (dunno why it's called that tho)
Vegetable
Dry fish
Stock fish
Palm oil
Goat and cow beef mixed
Fresh fish.
Etc....

Ogbono soup ingredients is same as above excluding the Achi.

The okra soup is made specially for me cos I love periwinkle but sadly most of my guys don't so just in case they come around, they'll see something to eat.
The soup has so much periwinkle. grin
Beef (chopped the beef to pieces)
Dry fish
Kpomo
Etc...

Stew easy na so no need listing out the ingredients.

Anyway it took me 3hours to cook all.

Budget for everything is 10,500 naira.
Since I stay in Port Harcourt, things are pretty expensive here so I spent most of my day in the market bargaining price cry

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:02am On Mar 03, 2016
Nice1 bro. Hope say una get light to preserve all dis dishes 4 fridge if not guy okwa sawa tin
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by datigbogirl: 2:11am On Mar 03, 2016
EMEKA1MILLION:
Go to market and get the things for the desired soup for the month myself since am still a bachelor and living alone.

Egusi 2 cups
Vegetable
Dry fish
Stock fish
Palm oil
Goat and cow beef mixed
Fresh fish.
Etc....

The okra soup is made specially for me cos I love periwinkle but sadly most of my guys don't so just in case they come around, they'll see something to eat.
Dry fish
Kpomo
Etc...

Since I stay in Port Harcourt, things are pretty expensive here so I spent most of my day in the market bargaining price cry

I really need you to teach me how to cook ds delicacy...
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:16am On Mar 03, 2016
QueenValerie:
What so it's soup everyday
No dear.. But as a Nigerian, you know how essential it is. I eat other things but eba for evening does it grin

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:19am On Mar 03, 2016
Flexherbal:
It is like electric power is very stable in your area.
Olusanm:
That one mean say light don dey Nija be that 24/7. because u no fit finish all this food for one week . U need to preserve them for fridge or frezer na. Abi na restaurant u go take this pictures? Talk true
iukpe:
Na where u dey store all dis food? sign better agreement with NEPA ooo.
godG:

Yes. Just being curious about our unpredictable power supply.
The light in my area is stable somehow. At least 14hours daily for the past 1 year. So I fear less when it comes to storage.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:22am On Mar 03, 2016
DankemzI:
Your parents send you go Catering school
No... My mom made it compulsory when growing up. U spend from 7years till u get admission to the university in the kitchen. She has cooking time table for 1 and my siblings.
I saw it as work and disturbance then until I started living on my own mehn wink

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by PresidKing(m): 2:26am On Mar 03, 2016
how do you preserve it, if your area electricity supply is stable, which area is that in Port Harcourt ??
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:26am On Mar 03, 2016
slap1:
No beverages for tea? Only garri? If your house soak away pit gets filled up you should contribute half of the money.
No na, haba grin other things sef dey. Abi make I show u my food monthly list? undecided

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by fashrola(m): 2:28am On Mar 03, 2016
EMEKA1MILLION:

Egusi 2 cups
Vegetable
Dry fish
Stock fish
Palm oil
Goat and cow beef mixed
Fresh fish.
Etc....

Dry fish
Kpomo
Etc...

Bros see ur Alienware!!!!! Damn!!! grin
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:31am On Mar 03, 2016
iomoge2:

A tip, get smaller containers / plastic plates and pack one or two meal per plastic
So whe u want to eat u just bring out one, de freeze and eat
With this method of putting all together in a bowl, u may have to defreeze all to get just one meat. Plus the stress. Plus your soup may lose it taste defreezing and freezing back
With those plastic, your fridge would look neater too.
Am sure this your big bowls have no cover
thank for the idea. Normally what I do most times is, before I leave for work in the morning, I take out the soup from d freezer and move it to the fridge. So in the evening when I get back, it's still iced but not stone ice like it was in the morning. So I just scoop out the quantity I need and send d rest back to the freezer.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 03, 2016
EMEKA1MILLION:
No dear.. But as a Nigerian, you know how essential it is. I eat other things but eba for evening does it grin
I'm African American so no I don't know.
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:35am On Mar 03, 2016
TedBaker:
Monkey must u show us ur laptop. In d kitchen seff
monkey ke? Haba undecided
Look closely, that is a dining table and d laptop is for entertainment when cooking. I needed that wide proximity to capture the ingredients on the table. Am a very private person and showing off is not my thing.
Thank you.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:37am On Mar 03, 2016
dumie:
Bravo Emeka.. this is a wake up call to other manchelor
lol.. Pls o am just 25. Not a manchelor yet grin

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:41am On Mar 03, 2016
danwa25:
How much is a cup of egusi in PH
egusi handpill is N180. Engine pill is N150. That's for that medium tomato cup.

Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:42am On Mar 03, 2016
PresidKing:
how do you preserve it, if your area electricity supply is stable, which area is that in Port Harcourt ??
Odili Road, trans amadi axis.... Very good supply.
Re: How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor by dmexy33: 3:18am On Mar 03, 2016
EMEKA1MILLION:

Egusi 2 cups
Vegetable
Dry fish
Stock fish
Palm oil
Goat and cow beef mixed
Fresh fish.
Etc....

Dry fish
Kpomo
Etc...

i envy guys wey sabi cook... and clean and wash.
that yr, even if they cm cook for me, to warm am na very big stress
lol the food de last me a whole semester(5months+) inside fridge.

How To Prepare Rice And Sauce (pics) / Eating This Combination Is How To Make A Nuclear Bomb (Picture) / Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England