Stats: 3,150,888 members, 7,810,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. (20682 Views)

Soldiers Beat And Flog IPOB Supporters In Isiala Ngwa, Abia (Photos, Video) / Ekiti Labour Leaders Flog Workers For Not Observing Strike / Fayose Addresses Protesting Drivers In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by FreemanDave(m): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2016
Pix nkor
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by buskie13(m): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
you see? didn't i tell you..

everything is buhari's fault, isn't there a governer in the stateundecided

some people will even call buhari if two people're fighting on the street..undecided WTF?!
it's Buhari's fault....now feel free to hang yourself since e dey pain u

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by donlarbito(m): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2016
Group of zombies
Is high time the citizens stand up and say no to this militry
Or we will experience more of their rubbish than we're doing now

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by YelloweWest: 7:49am On Mar 03, 2016
I hate NA

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by poseidon12: 7:50am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

some people will even call buhari if two people're fighting on the street..undecided WTF?!

Stop being silly. When did governors start controlling soldiers in Nigeria?
I'm sure your position will be different if your mom or aunt or grandmother was among those assaulted by the thugs you call Nigerian soldiers.
The governor can take up the issue with the president. But Buhari is the commander in chief of the military.

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by mrphate(m): 7:50am On Mar 03, 2016
this whole military brutality is getting out of hands, can someone please remind this morons that we are in a Democratic era *WTF...do they think they are more powerful than the civilian populist. I blame thier commander in chief tho....

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 03, 2016
See how they have sunk to an all time low...
Now beating defenseless women even elderly women
Next lets expect raping and molesting children

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 03, 2016
foolish army men... angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by 247Dior(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2016
Nigerian soldiers are cowards... they left their weapon and position and run away when boko haram attacked., they run away from fulani herds men but they killed armless shit Muslims, armless ipob protesters and protesting women... what a country.... the other day I saw them extorting 100 from commercial motorists in a highway.. what a country
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by nbright: 7:52am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
sadly, some people will come here now and say the soldiers were a combination of yoruba and hausa.. and it will totally become buhari's fault..undecided
isn't he the commander in thief of the armed forces?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by ceeceeuwa: 7:53am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

Guy chill! Na so them call Jonathan self... you should recognize sarcasm.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by KingsWillRoyal: 7:54am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

that was how they did to gej, so don't complain
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 03, 2016
slap1:
Meanwhile Fulani herdsmen are having a bloody party in Agatu, Benue State.

Those are the real men. Our army men dont fight real men. only unarmed men. even the average civilian male sef army man no fit go one on one na to dey call for back up 10 against one coward style
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2016
Whatever happened to dignity of human person. Seriously those soldiers are crazy. They should go to sambisa and try that with Boko Haram. Nonsense!
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2016
247Dior:
Nigerian soldiers are cowards... they left their weapon and position and run away when boko haram attacked., they run away from fulani herds men but they killed armless shit Muslims, armless ipob protesters and protesting women... what a country.... the other day I saw them extorting 100 from commercial motorists in a highway.. what a country

Na their way nah
If not for civilian JTF this boko wahala for pass like this.
Even the boko boys dey fear civilian JTF pass army

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by poseidon12: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2016
abiolert:
Its high time the Nigerian army put a stop to the incessant harassments of her citizens that she has sworn to an oath to protect. I have never seen nor heard o CNN where innocent citizens of America were brutalised or dehumanized, by their own armed forces. Here in Nigeria; it has now become a norm on the street of every part of this country. Its either a cadet is flogging someone in Abuja or another individual is been molested in Lagos, or Port Harcourt.
I will suggest that there should be a proper training for the rank and file of the Nigerian army in their approach to how they deal with civilian. And a law that will act as check against this excessive use of force against Civilians in this country, and outright dismissal to any officer or group of officers that may want to flout this laws. Then will there be sanity in the system.

To end the brutality of the thugs we call Nigerian soldiers, we need an enlightened president that understands what democracy means. We have never had such a president since 1970. When we vote, we should take that into account.
Imagine if we had somebody like Gani Fawehinmi as president.
We need someone that can put the military in their proper place in a democracy.

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Alphamayor(m): 8:03am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

there is no "governer" .
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by jasent(m): 8:03am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

does military now belong to state government?is it no longer under d control of federal government?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

Oh... No be so dem do Jonathan too wen e be president?
And y e dey pain u na
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by hezy4real01(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2016
I have always notice that No solider behaves anyhow if civilians kip their peace na we the look for trouble most times..... Although some get madness for has sha
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Jamie1360(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2016
they serves them right, i just don't know why. I hate it when I see people protesting, it looks absurd to me, they should sue them instead after all it's our right
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by piagetskinner(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2016
If it is to face book haram now, they will be running with their tails between their legs
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by MCRUEMUS: 8:14am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

at times you guys just talk stupidly in the name of defending ur dictator. buhari controls the army. they are carrying oga order
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 8:14am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

SO WHEN D CHIBOK GURLS WER KIDNAPPED THERE WAS NO GOVERNOR IN THAT STATE?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 03, 2016
Apc soldier.
Had it been that Delta is an apc state the soldier won't have reacted like that.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by tatucci: 8:17am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
sadly, some people will come here now and say the soldiers were a combination of yoruba and hausa.. and it will totally become buhari's fault..undecided

Indeed it is his fault. As it stands, he is the Commander -in-Chief of the Armed forces. That actually, technically means that whatever those soldiers do, he signed off on. When he accepted to be president he took up the responsibility for everything that happens in the country. For every human live that is lost, every Market that is burnt, every airplane that crashes, Buhari should be held accountable.

That is what responsibility is about and if he is not able to handle it, then he has no business being the president of a country.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by abiolert(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2016
poseidon12:

To end the brutality of the thugs we call Nigerian soldiers, we need an enlightened president that understands what democracy means. We have never had such a president since 1970. When we vote, we should take that into account.
Imagine if we had somebody like Gani Fawehinmi as president.
We need someone that can put the military in their proper place in a democracy.
Yes I totally agree with you sir on this and funny enough no one has said or is saying anything about it. from the Media to the the civil society organization seems to be silent on this issues.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by mizthorlu(f): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2016
jcmaiah:
This is why if I hear Bokoharam killed a soldier I don't know if I am to celebrate or mourn.

both

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by alaskido(m): 8:34am On Mar 03, 2016
You dey ask for photo. You no hear say all the women turn to Ben Johnson. Even the journalist wey suppose take pictures run for their lives.

The Federal Government should stop the use of military men by Oil and Gas companies. They should use in their place Police men. The military is supposed to be in the barracks. You can only see them on the street when there is a state of emergency.

I will suggest President Buhari to get to the root of this matter. He should send these soldiers including their Lieutenant to Borno state to fight Boko Haram.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by vislabraye(m): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

So whose fault is it ?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by NDPVF(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
*Unit Commander to journalist: You’re an idiot, madman

By Perez Brisibe

EKU— REMINISCENT of the military era, about 10 soldiers flogged and used boots on hundreds of women protesting at Ovre-Eku (Iwevbo) community yesterday, over a land which had been in dispute for years between Edo and Delta states. The women, numbering over 500, wearing black clothing, had converged at Eku community from where they marched to the disputed land carrying a coffin covered in palm fronds to express their displeasure over alleged sale of the land to an oil company.

Getting to the spot at about 10:45a.m., they were accosted by the soldiers, who ordered the women to leave the site. The women insisted on being addressed by a representative of the company. Angered by the stand of the women, a senior military officer identified to be the Unit Commander at the site, Lt. E. D. Oworobo, cocked his riffle, threatened to shoot and then ordered his men to flog the women. Two journalists, including a Vanguard correspondent, who had accompanied the protesting women, suffered the same fate.

The soldiers chased the fleeing women into adjoining bushes at the site. The aged among the women, some in their 80s, who could not run, were trampled on by the soldiers and others flogged with tree stems.

[size=13pt]Unit Commander’s reaction[/size]

When the Unit Commander, Lt. E. Oworobo, was contacted by this reporter to comment on the way and manner the women were treated, he described the reporter as an “idiot and a madman.”

Meanwhile, the soldiers again went berserk at about 11:30a.m., invaded parts of Ovre-Eku community, destroyed nine motorcycles and 13 bicycles, while residents of the community fled, following the arrival of the soldiers in a white Toyota Hilux

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/soldiers-flog-boot-protesting-women-in-delta/

dullardino is out to extaminate SS/SE.

2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel / Njidda Pariya: Fintiri Pays Atiku A Condolence Visit Over The Death Of His Aide / The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)