Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. (20686 Views)

Soldiers Beat And Flog IPOB Supporters In Isiala Ngwa, Abia (Photos, Video) / Ekiti Labour Leaders Flog Workers For Not Observing Strike / Fayose Addresses Protesting Drivers In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by SKYQUEST(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
you see? didn't i tell you..

everything is buhari's fault, isn't there a governer in the stateundecided

some people will even call buhari if two people're fighting on the street..undecided WTF?!

so it na the governor be comander in chief or armed forces abii?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by ramatintin(m): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2016
melodyirish:

Fellow Nigerian all these nonsense of military men started since APshit took over, we are in democracy nt d other way round
lie go mk u short
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2016
NDPVF:
dullardino is out to extaminate SS/SE.
God pass him, he shall plan but because it's not of God he shall fall. Abacha is a case study
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by SKYQUEST(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

some people will even call buhari if two people're fighting on the street..undecided WTF?!

so na the governor be comander in chief of the armed forces abii?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by repogirl(f): 9:05am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

oh but everything that went wrong with this country was Jonadafts fault, right?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by LooseCanon(m): 9:07am On Mar 03, 2016
So the goverment take tax payers money,pays these guy(soldiers, which ironically,im one) and the unit officer/commanding chief will unleash them on same tax payers that pay our salaries? wat more cud go wrong? abeg no pray 4 boko 2 kill us oo, im #MP
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by NDPVF(m): 9:09am On Mar 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
God pass him, he shall plan but because it's not of God he shall fall. Abacha is a case study
Truth is that,greater percentage of the blame goes to our people. Why can't we unite and free ourselves from this unbargained slavery?. Check out that officers' name,"Owoboro".He must be from our region,perharps urhobo or itsekiri. Acting like Keyamo and Oshomole. It's time we unite against our common enemy or be extarminated.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:13am On Mar 03, 2016
NDPVF:
Truth is that,greater percentage of the blame goes to our people. Why can't we unite and free ourselves from this unbargained slavery?. Check out that officers' name,"Owoboro".He must be from our region,perharps urhobo or itsekiri. Acting like Keyamo and Oshomole. It's time we unite against our common enemy or be extarminated.
u're not far from the truth, but even if we unite, Judas(es) among us will still sabotage our struggle. But

We Will Win Them
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
sadly, some people will come here now and say the soldiers were a combination of yoruba and hausa.. and it will totally become buhari's fault..undecided

Nobody has said anything like that, and even if they did its not far from the truth. angry

Dan yorubawa.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Chibuzoc(m): 9:18am On Mar 03, 2016
Anything nigeria is oppression to the poor mass e.g nigeria army, nigerian police, nigerian govt. The are all oppressors to the poor
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Kirigidi(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2016
Overere-Eku is an Urhobo community but due to inproper demarcation of state boundaries it was mistakenly placed under Orhionmwon LGA of Edo State. And dis has been a source of dispute btw d Binis nd d Urhobos in dat LGA because under Bini Customary Laws, all lands in Orhionmwon LGA belong to Oba of Benin who has d powers to allocate nd retrieve lands within his royal jurisdictn. As a result, d Urhobo owners of Overe-Eku hav bin agitatin for d community to b movd frm Edo State nd placed under Delta State since it is located at d boundary btw d two states. D reason for d protest may b dat d Binis in collaboratn wit som indigenes went behind to giv community land to d company witout properly involvin d community leadership structure or d immediate owners of d land.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by eagleeye2: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2016
Thank God they weren't shot at. But I still maintain, that IT WILL GET TO US ALL.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by NDPVF(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
u're not far from the truth, but even if we unite, Judas(es) among us will still sabotage our struggle. But

We Will Win Them
we must first carry out in-house cleansing.so many people don't worth being among us. It's either they move to the west or north where their ilks are found or we decimate them.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by NDPVF(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

We Will Win Them
we must first carry out in-house cleansing.so many people don't worth being among us. It's either they move to the west or north where their ilks are found or we decimate them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by 1miccza: 9:48am On Mar 03, 2016
repogirl:
oh but everything that went wrong with this country was Jonadafts fault, right?

Aunty wa can i pm you,we need to talk a bit oo
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by oluwasegun007(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2016
someone once told me weeed islegalised for dis people, how true is it?
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by nike4love: 10:02am On Mar 03, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
See how they have sunk to an all time low...
Now beating defenseless women even elderly women
Next lets expect raping and molesting children
You re right bec nah Goodmorning senior how are you.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by olaitan4real: 10:08am On Mar 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
*Unit Commander to journalist: You’re an idiot, madman

By Perez Brisibe

a dispute btw 2 govt land,y protesting?must u always be used
idiot pple
EKU— REMINISCENT of the military era, about 10 soldiers flogged and used boots on hundreds of women protesting at Ovre-Eku (Iwevbo) community yesterday, over a land which had been in dispute for years between Edo and Delta states. The women, numbering over 500, wearing black clothing, had converged at Eku community from where they marched to the disputed land carrying a coffin covered in palm fronds to express their displeasure over alleged sale of the land to an oil company.

Getting to the spot at about 10:45a.m., they were accosted by the soldiers, who ordered the women to leave the site. The women insisted on being addressed by a representative of the company. Angered by the stand of the women, a senior military officer identified to be the Unit Commander at the site, Lt. E. D. Oworobo, cocked his riffle, threatened to shoot and then ordered his men to flog the women. Two journalists, including a Vanguard correspondent, who had accompanied the protesting women, suffered the same fate.

The soldiers chased the fleeing women into adjoining bushes at the site. The aged among the women, some in their 80s, who could not run, were trampled on by the soldiers and others flogged with tree stems.

[size=13pt]Unit Commander’s reaction[/size]

When the Unit Commander, Lt. E. Oworobo, was contacted by this reporter to comment on the way and manner the women were treated, he described the reporter as an “idiot and a madman.”

Meanwhile, the soldiers again went berserk at about 11:30a.m., invaded parts of Ovre-Eku community, destroyed nine motorcycles and 13 bicycles, while residents of the community fled, following the arrival of the soldiers in a white Toyota Hilux

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/soldiers-flog-boot-protesting-women-in-delta/

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Beadex1(m): 10:15am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

the same way we had a governor in borno state when more than 200 girls were moved away..... but all the blame was on gej
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by captainjoh(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2016
jcmaiah:
This is why if I hear Bokoharam killed a soldier I don't know if I am to celebrate or mourn.

receive brain
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by repogirl(f): 10:41am On Mar 03, 2016
1miccza:

Aunty wa can i pm you,we need to talk a bit oo
okay, you can.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2016
captainjoh:

receive brain
Receive conscience
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by 1miccza: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2016
repogirl:
okay, you can.
Sent pls reply ASAP
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by repogirl(f): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2016
1miccza:

Sent pls reply ASAP
done.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 03, 2016
captainjoh:

receive brain

What do U mean nigga
If I hear someone who oppresses me is getting killed like fùck I will celebrate. I wont mourn the idiòt one bit
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:

The governor doesnt control the army or any paramilitary service like nscdc,police etc.....in other words the army doesn take orders or resport to d gorvnor, they report to the commander in chief of the armed forces..i.e the president...so the buck of the blame still falls on the president in the long run.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by postmann: 11:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Soldiers everywhere, even in parts of the country with relative peace.

The community reps should sue the company for invading their land with armed soldiers.
And the commander who authorised the soldiers'"deployment, dismissed.

Nigeria is still suffering from militarization. And it gets worse anytime a soldier, masked in civilian apparel is at the helm.

#lawlessness

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by klimson: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
This country is too timid, uneducated, uncivilized and incapable of functioning. I just don't get the mindset of these idiots who run away from Boko Haram, only to turn around and molest women. This country is more than a ZOO.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by captainjoh(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

What do U mean nigga
If I hear someone who oppresses me is getting killed like fùck I will celebrate. I wont mourn the idiòt one bit

blame the government not the military. These guys are trained to obey orders, if a land soldier that's is not in the war front did something wrong, you don't need to use is actions to celebrate the dead of other who are fighting to maintain peace in the country. Remember if not for those soldiers, boko haram would have advance to other states.

I guess u know the rest
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by nike4love: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
DeZoocracy Government of the zoo,by the zoo and for the Zombies.
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
captainjoh:

blame the government not the military. These guys are trained to obey orders, if a land soldier that's is not in the war front did something wrong, you don't need to use is actions to celebrate the dead of other who are fighting to maintain peace in the country. Remember if not for those soldiers, boko haram would have advance to other states.

I guess u know the rest

Oh yeah?
SO when they bully people on the streets or insult us and call us bloody civilians thats following orders too.
Well true Ill blame the government for not ensuring that they get the right quality of training cos there is something terribly wrong
when the average soldier views a citizen going about his/her business as his no. 1 enemy and to destroy that person becomes his personal mission
Oh and the ogas at the top also encourage such behaviour and see nothing wrong with it.
I ask are they really fighting to maintain the peace or they are just following orders to get paid and to get the usual perks that come with a promotion: more money, more boys to command and more civilian P***y to f***
Re: Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. by captainjoh(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Oh yeah?
SO when they bully people on the streets or insult us and call us bloody civilians thats following orders too.
Well true Ill blame the government for not ensuring that they get the right quality of training cos there is something terribly wrong
when the average soldier views a citizen going about his/her business as his no. 1 enemy and to destroy that person becomes his personal mission
Oh and the ogas at the top also encourage such behaviour and see nothing wrong with it.
I ask are they really fighting to maintain the peace or they are just following orders to get paid and to get the usual perks that come with a promotion: more money, more boys to command and more civilian P***y to f***

well what am trying to say is that you don't need to celebrate the death of someone you don't like no matter how bad you hate them, just pray for the system to get better so they can view the citizens you called their no1 enemy as their no1 friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS: Judges Got Bribe In Dept Store, Ghana, Niger / Court Vacates Forfeiture Order On Okorocha’s Properties / Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.