Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo (24569 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce / My Detention A Case Of Witch-hunting And Political Persecution – Secondus / 20 Things Nigerians Should Know About Dasuki Sambo (with Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by NavierStokes(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA), says investors confidence in the country is shaken because of the federal government’s refusal to obey court orders. Dasuki, who was speaking through his counsel, Joseph Daodu (SAN), before Adeniyi Ademola, justice of the federal high court, Abuja, on Thursday, urged the court to halt his trial until the government complied with its order granting him bail. “How will the government look like at the end of the day? Will investors be confident in this country when court make orders, but they are not obeyed?” he said. In November, 2015, Justice Ademola had granted Dasuki bail, but he was rearrested immediately after his release from Kuje prison by the Department of State Services (DSS). On February 16, Dipo Okpeseyi (SAN), counsel to the DSS, had announced to the court that the prosecution was ready for trial to commence. But Daodu said that the defence counsel was not ready to proceed with the trial because the federal government was still keeping the accused person in detention despite an order of the court granting him bail. “We cannot be ready for trial until the defendant enjoys his constitutional rights,” he had said. “We apply that we should be given time to prepare the defence. The conduct of the prosecution has not enabled him to enjoy his constitutional rights. “The worst is that for about seven weeks we do not know where he is. “Any of us here who proceed to defend an accused person in this circumstance may lose his license of practice.” However, Okpeseyi argued that the prosecution was not stopping Dasuki from enjoying his freedom. He said that the accused person was not being allegedly held for the charges before the court. He therefore asked the court to reject the request for adjournment and to commence trial. On Thursday, both parties argued for and against Dasuki’s application for discharge with the prosecution restating its point that the accused person was being held for a different offence. The court, thereafter, fixed April 4, for ruling on the application. Dasuki is facing a four-count charge of money laundering and illegal possession of firearms brought against him by the DSS. He is also facing multiple counts of laundering money at the federal capital territory (FCT) high court, Abuja. Follow us on twitter @thecableng

: https://www.thecable.ng/dasuki-detention-scaring-away-investors

1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by PMBisaterrorist(f): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Really?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by pharmagba: 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
I think reverse is the case.

52 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Babacele: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
he go rotten for jail. no b only investors, na infestors! y una no bring the investors during una time, BH patron ?

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by LadyExcellency: 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
pharmagba:
I think reverse is the case.

Foreign Investors have withdrew their investments from Nigeria.

Our stock market value is on a continuous slide. Dangote is now 53rd as against 26th richest man.

All thanks to President Buhari's change agenda.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by shiftmarket(m): 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
Does he mean investor in boko haram??

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by jmichlins(m): 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
Yes it will scare investors in the bribery and corruption sector.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by NavierStokes(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
It's worth looking at the judicio-economic nexus from another perspective.

1 Like

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by ademega(m): 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
criminal having economic say... this is funny

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Raddie(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
Yeah! Your kind actually.

FG get work o! My 9ja don suffer. Do these guys ever reflect on the ripple effects of their thoughts and actions.

If the norms that brought us here continues by 2019 PMB you've lost my vote and even at that I still won't touch anything to do with kleptos.

6 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
For the sake that Dasuki is currupt, let him remain in prison. Investors will come wether you are alive or not.

18 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Raddie(m): 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Our stock market value is on a continuous slide.

This should help, it's a 158kb file.

Knowing you might not read it up, I copied the conclusive part out.
5. CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION The paper established that stock market performance can be influenced by oil prices. The stock market houses both individual and institutional wealth/investment. Thus, the stock market authorities should be careful about its regulations concerning quoted oil stocks and their activities in the exchange. Since oil prices are volatile, the craze for banks to invest in oil businesses across the globe using capital mobilized from the Nigerian capital market, should also be cautioned, as this could have adverse effect for the stock market and the economy at large.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by LadyExcellency: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
Raddie:

This should help.

Knowing you might not read it up, I copied the conclusive part out

5. CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION The paper established that stock market performance can be influenced by oil prices. The stock market houses both individual and institutional wealth/investment. Thus, the stock market authorities should be careful about its regulations concerning quoted oil stocks and their activities in the exchange. Since oil prices are volatile, the craze for banks to invest in oil businesses across the globe using capital mobilized from the Nigerian capital market, should also be cautioned, as this could have adverse effect for the stock market and the economy at large.

What you quoted as conclusion should have been a universal (worldwide) effect and not specific to Nigeria and moreover, Dangote's business is not mainly on Oil and Gas hence the deviation.

5 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Lifebender(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ifa hear!!!
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by saints2(f): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
I think this man is really high... When did you become foreigners or investors...

Yeye dey smell

4 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by jozee08(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
just imagin!

4 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by maasoap(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Really? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Bgorgeous: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Yeah right. Please
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by brainpulse: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Really? You mean fraud investors.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by richidinho(m): 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
yes i said it

his detention might be the reason why our Naira is going down grin
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by brainpulse: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Foreign Investors have withdrew their investments from Nigeria.

Our stock market value is on a continuous slide. Dangote is now 53rd as against 26th richest man.

All thanks to President Buhari's change agenda.
You go wail tire

43 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by babafirst(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Your detention scaring whoLwkmdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.Maybe you mean corrupt investors like the 25 percenters.Sambo Dasooki you are a don with a key aka don-Key.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by kachnov(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Okay we've heard
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by ZACHIE: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
ko
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
FOOL

2 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by birmingham04: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
If na true what you said let the investors stay in their country. Na there you go die. Barawo bansa.

3 Likes

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by blazetitov: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What has Dasuki been smoking? Which serious foreign investor has welfare of Dasuki on their CSR's list?

Dasuki,

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by holadguy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thief dey talk,make I sitdon hear
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
PMBisaterrorist:
Really?

Yes the foreign investors want to negotiate the purchase of more decommisioned alpha jets.
Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by Taasii4change: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
This is the biggest joke of d week

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo by skyfall: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Oponu!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman And Her 3 Children Dead In Zaria After Heavy Rain In Kaduna. Photos / Governor Abdullahi Sule Daughter's Wedding Forces Traders Out Of Nasarawa Market / DSS Releases Obadiah Mailafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.