Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Travelling To USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To USA (1659 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Important Things To Take Along If You Are Relocating To Usa For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To USA by McSteph: 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
Good day my fellow nlanders, I am Mcsteph. I have burning issue here about travelling to d states and please I want to seek your candid advise before taking d step. I got a B1/B2 visa last month with d help of ur advise here and since then I have been contemplating about going or not.
I have a job here where am being paid N100k/month and my intention is it to look for a greener pasture over there. Please I will appreciate ur gospel advise. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To USA by omega25red(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
i guess i would ask why you got the visa if you weren't sure if you were travelling or not. Anyway, you should probably not quit your job. Take a vacation from your job and come to visit. Look around ask questions see what goes on here for yourself and even bring your documents and look for jobs. (not to accept the job but to see how marketable you are in the job market)

Now after your visit, if all went well and you have a place you can live, you have an idea of the job market and you calculated how much you can possibly be making compared to your life in Nigeria, then you should make your decision.

people will tell you to go people will tell you not to go. Seeing life here for yourself will be valuable in making your decision so you don't go into something you might not have anticipated.

best

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA by MissionaryK(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
I will advise you not to come over here if you are getting #100k as monthly salary because of the following reasons:
1. Work permit is needed for job placement
2. Accommodation is very expensive
3.Racial discrimination in most of the companies
4. Social security number is also needed
Re: Travelling To USA by DCTrendy(m): 10:42am On Mar 05, 2016
Chie. This life sha. A man's meat is another man's poison.

U prefer 100k naira to the Opp that abound in Yankee? May ur vision be increased.

What is 100k naira a month in this present day naija. Abeg get on d plane asap.

Chie!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA by MissionaryK(m): 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
Bro, what opportunity are you talking about? Have you been to Yankee before?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA by agarawu23(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
[s]
MissionaryK:
I will advise you not to come over here if you are getting #100k as monthly salary because of the following reasons:
1. Work permit is needed for job placement
2. Accommodation is very expensive
3.Racial discrimination in most of the companies
4. Social security number is also needed
[/s] 1000$ =N 300,000 presently. I have friends and family living in the US without paper and they are doing fine.

Don't scare the op pls....
If you are making it there, why won't he/she?
Come Nigeria for this hot sun and and earn 100k monthly if you think nja is better.

Op, the decision is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA by NanaF: 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
omega25red:
i guess i would ask why you got the visa if you weren't sure if you were travelling or not. Anyway, you should probably not quit your job. Take a vacation from your job and come to visit. Look around ask questions see what goes on here for yourself and even bring your documents and look for jobs. (not to accept the job but to see how marketable you are in the job market)

Now after your visit, if all went well and you have a place you can live, you have an idea of the job market and you calculated how much you can possibly be making compared to your life in Nigeria, then you should make your decision.

people will tell you to go people will tell you not to go. Seeing life here for yourself will be valuable in making your decision so you don't go into something you might not have anticipated.

best

Go with your documents and you will be on a flight back to Lagos before you can actualize your greener pastures dream.

My advice to you is to stay in Naija. The money you'll use to buy ticket, use it for something worthwhile.
Re: Travelling To USA by omega25red(m): 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
NanaF:

Go with your documents and you will be on a flight back to Lagos before you can actualize your greener pastures dream.

My advice to you is to stay in Naija. The money you'll use to buy ticket, use it for something worthwhile.
going with his documents is not saying to present it at the airport geezz. i meant take what he has with him on the trip to basically experience the realities of being an immigrant in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA by NanaF: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
omega25red:
going with his documents is not saying to present it at the airport geezz. i meant take what he has with him on the trip to basically experience the realities of being an immigrant in the U.S.

He doesn't have to present it.

If it's found on him, that's it. Back to naija.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA by souleymon(m): 7:08am On Mar 08, 2016
What's the rate of people without papers.
Y'all don't know, people without papers suffer more abroad than they did in home country
agarawu23:
[s][/s] 1000$ =N 300,000 presently. I have friends and family living in the US without paper and they are doing fine.

Don't scare the op pls....
If you are making it there, why won't he/she?
Come Nigeria for this hot sun and and earn 100k monthly if you think nja is better.

Op, the decision is yours.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA by McSteph: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
I really appreciate the view of everybody on here and i want to say thank you for both positive advises and otherwise, God bless you all. i have made up my mind to go and face whatever shows up there. i belief in destiny and i think there is no crime in trial. thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA by omega25red(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
NanaF:

He doesn't have to present it.

If it's found on him, that's it. Back to naija.
yes i suppose but they don't search peoples bags like that. they dont even search your pockets. usually they either scan you with a metal detector or you step in the xray body scanner machine. When you land you walk up to immigration and they question you about who what where why and how. the only people to possibly look in your bag are customs if you have passed immigration already i doubt customs will send you back if you didn't have contraband in your luggage. (my own experience)

(1) (Reply)

About To Complete Bsc, Will 1million Naira Be Enough For Mba In Usa Or Canada? / A Thermometer Just Broke At -62°C(-80°F) In The World’s Coldest Village / The Fuel Tank Capacity Of These Planes Would Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.