Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? (116605 Views)

Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by oweman: 8:14am On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=Sunnycliff post=43492443]Is it true that once retired as a commissioned senior officer you earn same amount throughout life as if you are serving?

Pure lies
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by mindtricks: 8:15am On Mar 05, 2016
AceRoyal:
If they tell you the gratuity of other ranks(Non commissioned officers),you guys will be shocked to the bone.
Not to talk of the money been paid to soldiers who died in active duty.#50,000. before they are paid his meager benefits.
They can't complain or protest.
Only the Airforce tries to an extent in personnel welfare and upkeep.
Nigerian military laws needs to be put under review.80% are outdated.
While our APC fake Change led national assembly consider it appropriate in these hard times to be rooting for cars and all sorts of unwarranted perks in addition to an already overbloated package in the same country, rather than push for such needful adjustment for our officers.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by CioAngels(f): 8:16am On Mar 05, 2016
It is wayout too small. Our military men are not motivated at all., even the officer at the top earning 1.5m is not it at all. Now, you blame them for desesting when they know that if they die their families will suffer untold hardship becos as soon as the soldiers dies their families will be thrown out of the barracks into the street. Pmb buhari, i suggest to you, to look at developing a village in each state to house anyone whose husband/wife dies in course of duty. With this availabe you will see how happy they will be doing their duties. With this on ground they will be happy their familes are secured.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by akinszz: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2016
After recruit training then u will be that rank 4 a start.
nakamora:

Pls which one is private soldier.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Mackson01: 8:17am On Mar 05, 2016
I think it is OK. Some officers are even collecting as high as 1m. Which work no get risk. Even ashewo work get risk of hiv

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by doskie(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2016
Chizzy759831:

@OP. i totally disagree with the salaries from Warrabt officer upwards. i am telling you authoritatively that Salaries depend on your Core.- e.g Education, medical, finance, infantry etc. A warrant officer belonging to Medical core (Nurse) earns at least 124,000 every month. nt to talk of a Master warrant officer. The Medicals in the Nigerian army are well paid followed by Finance. the Infantry an Artillery Core are poorly paid. in Essence i am saying they all dobt receive d same salary even though they have d same rank. pls get your facts straight. go out and make preoper research.
core or corp?
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by mkoabiola: 8:23am On Mar 05, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Thank God I did not listen to my uncle advice who work in ministry of defense to join army because of my height and body appearance..
But uncle knws wat is gud for u since he is in d ministry of defence
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Youngwee(m): 8:23am On Mar 05, 2016
CioAngels:
It is wayout too small. Our military men are not motivated at all., even the officer at the top earning 1.5m is not it at all. Now, you blame them for desesting when they know that if they die their families will suffer untold hardship becos as soon as the soldiers dies their families will be thrown out of the barracks into the street. Pmb buhari, i suggest to you, to look at developing a village in each state to house anyone whose husband/wife dies in course of duty. With this availabe you will see how happy they will be doing their duties. With this on ground they will be happy their familes are secured.
God bless u ma.
U say it all.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by kokomilala(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2016
Private is the bottom end of hierarchy in the Army.They're without any promotion, They're more or less without any promotion..
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by mustybrown(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2016
jaelz:

Sir can i get that of the navy and airforce? Thanks
yes ooh, we need to see that of navy and airforce pls.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 05, 2016
How did you get this ? bcus i have people in the military and they don't disclose their salary structure to people not even their wife.
So my Question is how did you arrive at this ?
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Youngwee(m): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2016
jaelz:

Sir can i get that of the navy and airforce? Thanks
All military earn d same salary bt airforce and navy released their personnel allowances while Army refuse to pay their own.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by abdultek: 8:43am On Mar 05, 2016
and we have our national assembly spending billions on wardrobe allowance and cars
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 05, 2016
biggjoe:
Thats an ernormous improvent because back in In 2006 when I was with them, a Private earns 11,600 naira. While a 2nd Lieutenant earns about 45,000 naira.
why did you Leave?
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by notoriousbabe: 8:49am On Mar 05, 2016
dem come dem pay bloody civilians peanuts,God dey
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by nnamdiosu(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2016
Stalwert:
Does this excludes allowance? It is quite low. Unfortunately the world is built on weird rationales the more risky and stressful your job is the less your pay seem to be.

bros dont forget that in some cases e.g the commissioned soldiers.....feeding, transport and accommodation have been taking care of already by govt. plus if they go on the fields extra bonus is still paid to them. compare it to that guy in my office that earns less than 35k yet has a degree plus stays very far. then you'll see that this structure is adequate.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2016
ourchoice:
This is a very big salary compared to that of their American and Canadian counterparts.

The only difference is that American soldiers do get some benefits when they buy things with their army credit card; they get discount.

And their life insurance is very high that some of their wives do plan to kill their hubby if they discover he used them as next of kin

Again, if u add their allowances, you will then know that they are well paid.

Any employee in Nigeria with basic salary above 50k will be going home with more 100k.

And these guys earning 40 - 55k as basic salary usually enter the army with ordinary WAEC and nothing more.

Those ones earning between 80k - 150k as basic salary will be going home with at least 150 - 280k if u add their allowances....so they are very well paid.

The people that need their pay reviewed in Nigeria are the Police men not army
why are you writing what you know absolutely nothing About? Please that is their take home package, allowances included...
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2016
danduchi:
I can swear that staff sergeant collects more than #150k
Continue swearing now! When thunder go fire your mouth I no go dey there. Salary of soldiers is not as good as most people thimk
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Thatitan234(m): 8:58am On Mar 05, 2016
praxs:
What about that of Airforce? Any idea

the amount should be same for Airforce and Navy officers of the same rank... just Google the corresponding ranks and check the amount
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Phonon: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2016
We've forgotten the free transportation allowance that they get in "Danfo* buses. grin
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by laprince(m): 9:07am On Mar 05, 2016
nakamora:

I
That's the least position in the army. Many people call them corofo
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ovieokodhi(m): 9:10am On Mar 05, 2016
danduchi:
I can swear that staff sergeant collects more than #150k
that's a fat lie a staff Sgt is from 80-88k
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by nortcentrallord(m): 9:12am On Mar 05, 2016
If they don't like the take home pay, they can resign and go stay at home instead of transferring the aggression on innocent Nigerians at every little provocation. Before the advent of BH, they where practically Idle, walking around in uniforms and intimidation tax payers except when drafted for peace keeping mission and if such happens, they are equally paid by UN in USD along with their normal take home pay. Come to think of it, how many civil servants earn up to that in Nigeria? Don't civil servants face day to day dangers in the face of poverty and insecurity too. How much is a graduate payed in ministries back @ home compared to the salary of a mere recruit (private). When you join the force, you join to serve not because of the money after all they are reminded all the time that they are paid to DIE.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by akeemyusuf(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2016
soja salary allawance is inclouded
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Leke001: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2016
plus other fringe allowances...
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Nubianprince101(m): 9:16am On Mar 05, 2016
This poster is not serious, customs that generates revenue earns about 40,000 less, so what's the complaint?
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by mudsam(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2016
End time army
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Liljeez(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2016
nakamora:

Its the lowest rank.....most times they are referred to as just private
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ussy09(m): 9:22am On Mar 05, 2016
Op after short service which rank is one expected to start with?
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ovieokodhi(m): 9:24am On Mar 05, 2016
Feb salary for a l/cpl and they ain't paid allowance for the order ranks don't know about the officers.

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by b3llo(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2016
phemmyutd:
Contrary to the belief by most people that the
Nigerian Army are being paid heavily, the
opposite is the case as the Nigerian Army
salary structure reveals that these men who
risk their lives to defend the sovereignty of
Nigeria go home with stipends.

A Nigerian soldier is being paid according to
his or her rank and years of service. The list
below is a report seen as of December 2015..

Salary Structure of the Nigerian
Army
Private Soldier earns about N48-49,000
Lance Corporal earns about N54-55,
Corporal earns N58,000
Sergeant earns N63,000
Staff Sergeant earns N68,000
Warrant Officer earns N80,000
Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

Nigerian Army Salary Structure for
Commissioned Officers
Second Lieutenant- N120,000
Lieutenant- N180,000
Captain- N220,000
Major- N300,000
Lt. Colonel- N350,000
Colonel- N550,000
Brigadier General- N750,000
Major General- N950,000
Lt. General- N1 million
General- N1.5 million
Those are the salary of Nigerian soldiers.
What is your take on the Nigerian Army
Salary?..
www.nigerianinfopedia.com/nigerian-army-salary-structure-much-nigerian-soldier-salary/
Their Salary is better by far than that of the Nigerian Police Force.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ussy09(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2016
mccoy47:
OMG!!! shocked
See how much they are earning and they still hv d mind to be stealing funds meant for purchasing arms!
God must punish who ever is guilty! angry
Lol nawa for u ooo person dey cell u still dey trow God punishment go mit am u wan kil am ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here / Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.