Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,578 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection (19662 Views)

Kogi Tribunal: Anything Can Happen / Kogi Tribunal Discourse: Yahaya Bello Is Technically Out / Saraki: Tribunal Admits 3 Exhibits & PA Testifies Against Him In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by VillageParrot: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
The Kogi State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Friday dismissed objections by counsels to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello and ordered the defendants to proceed with their defense after counsel to the complainant, Idris Wada tendered a report by forensic experts which established irregularities in the Kogi gubernatorial poll.

According to the report tendered by Idris Wada through his counsel, Chief Chris Uche SAN, four major areas of irregularities provide sufficient grounds to invalidate some of the results of the gubernatorial poll, which saw INEC declaring the APC candidate the winner of the election.

The issues, based on information exclusively obtained by SIGNAL, include ballots papers that were not stamped and dated but still counted for political parties, ballots papers supplied in excess of registered voters that were not returned but entered as valid results, cases of over-voting as well as number of registered voters less than total votes cast.

Based on investigations conducted by a team of electoral forensic experts, Wada submitted that a total of 172,426 votes were invalidated by the said irregularities. 119,062 of the invalidated votes were recorded in favour of APC while 53,364 of such votes were recorded in favour of the PDP.

The invalid 119,062 votes, when subtracted from the total figure of 247,752 polled by the APC in the gubernatorial elections leaves the APC with 128,690 votes. On its part, when the invalid 53,364 votes recorded for PDP is subtracted from its total figure of 204, 877, the PDP would be left with 151,513 votes making Wada the rightful winner.

It was based on the foregoing that Wada went before the tribunal to protest what he termed, “gross irregularities” during the polls.

Counsels to APC, INEC and Yahaya Bello objected to the submission of the forensic report but the Tribunal Judge Justice Halima Mohammed overruled and set aside the objections, ordering the defendants to prepare their defence as hearing commences proper at the Tribunal’s next sitting.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/kogi-tribunal-admits-wadas-expert-report-dismisses-apc-inecs-objection/

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Tinubutoto: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
time shall tell
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by babdap: 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
I would remain speechless until supreme court verdicts on Kogi Gubanetorial poll.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by uloewa: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2016
This Kogi case is very interesting. A clear case of God fighting for the underdog.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by babyfaceafrica: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Yahaya the IT governor..enjoy it while it last

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by nomi007: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2016
Na wa o! This kogi governorship matter still dey turn? Wow!
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by afla: 10:59am On Mar 05, 2016
In summary, Audu rigged Wada out and God rigged Audu out!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by obge: 11:05am On Mar 05, 2016
Parallel Verses

A ruin! A ruin! I will make it a ruin! The crown will not be restored until he to whom it rightfully belongs shall come; to him I will give it.' EZEKIEL 21:27

lalasticlala...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by ayaha: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2016
Ha! Mogbe! So all these noise faleke has been making- they did not win the election. No wonder he has been raising false alarm about the recount since january.

cc FlirtyKaren lalasticlala...

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by ayaha: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2016
God's wonder! Why is this not yet on fp

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by hubaa: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2016
That Bello should do and dissapeared from lokoja please. Just destroying everything. No salary, poverty everywhere. All the man is doing is buying big big jeeps everywhere for him and friends.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by nomi007: 11:24am On Mar 05, 2016
God is truly working in kogi. All the gladiators should park well and let God's will manifest in that state. I knew it from the way Audu died that God was making a clear statement.

The bible says in Ezekiel 21:27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Let the wise be guided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Tinubutoto: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2016
I am a pdp man, but Wada should go n die, he was too lazy to have allowed Audu to rig him out

3 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by PRYCE(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2016
afla:
In summary, Audu rigged Wada out and God rigged Audu out!

God dey rig? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by uloewa: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
He should have mobilized for people to be killed like in bayelsa isn't it. No voter lost their live during kogi election. That was an achievement in itself.

Tinubutoto:
I am a pdp man, but Wada should go n die, he was too lazy to have allowed Audu to rig him out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Tinubutoto: 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
uloewa:
He should have mobilized for people to be killed like in bayelsa isn't it. No voter lost their live during kogi election. That was an achievement in itself.

free n fair election is allergic to apc so d only language they under stand is violent. this was pdp Achilles heel but all of those persons who are perfect in rigging are now in apc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by nomi007: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
He shd have mobilize form people to be killed like in bayelsa abi?

Tinubutoto:

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by chernest2002: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
Change is dieing down soon we will go back to transformation.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Godjone(m): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Late Audu who is very corrupt was assisted by Buhari INEC to rig kogi election.

But as the saying goes, ''we propose and God dispose.

If care is not taking, i see wada completing his second tenure at Lugard house Lokoja
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by TippyTop(m): 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Idris Wada is likely to return to governors lodge, it was obvious to the blind that Audu, APC and INEC rigged Wada out.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by chrysso83(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good one! The fear of supreme court verdict is the beginning of good conduct in the tribunal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by wilcox(m): 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Watching in 3D
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
I'm clueless but I just have to comment.
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by bonechamberlain(m): 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
OK.
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by yaki84: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
no apc dieheart members on d thread, abeg wey dem go?
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
ayaha:
God's wonder! Why is this not yet on fp

flirtykaren is not a Mod but a boo to a mod who is close to her name there.

Dont tell anybody
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by kalakutta: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sounds like the APC is about to get exposed.. Nigerians eagerly await the results of the proceedings.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by utytill(m): 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
No mentioning of card reader.cheii,where is prof. jega's card reader in time like this?pls OP,add another sauce,that ur sauce pepper and salt no catch well.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Tinubutoto:

free n fair election is allergic to apc so d only language they under stand is violent. this was pdp Achilles heel but all of those persons who are perfect in rigging are now in apc.
so pdp is not violent right? Who told apc how to rig and be violent in Nigeria?
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Dephilos: 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Since kogi no fit pay copers their monthly state alawee, their election will everly b nullified 4 copers 2 do it again n again so as 2 substitude inec moneu in place of state alawee.....coper wee....e

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
flirtykaren is not a Mod but a boo to a mod who is close to her name there.

Dont tell anybody

you guys shouldn't spoil me for my mother. i'm too young to have a boo, please please. what is a boo sef?
Re: Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection by Angelou(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
hubaa:
That Bello should do and dissapeared from lokoja please. Just destroying everything.
bros...!! I see u o "dissapeared" indeed, thats not enough why not "told" him to "vanishing" from lokoja

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Visits Segun Oni (Photos) / Restructuring: Kano, Katsina Kick Against Devolution Of Power / Babachir Lawal Appears In Court, Pleads Not Guilty To Charges (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.