Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments (17724 Views)

Get A New Roof Without Re-roofing...it's Simple! / Fully Fitted Self Contained Studio Apartments. Bwari, Abuja 4 Law Students. / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
Project Name: L-Pad Studios
Owner: Nairalander ( True2home)

Mission: Build something simple and decent for the young generation to enjoy and be able to afford.

I want to thank all the fellow Nigerians that encourages me to start this construction project by sharing their project on NL. Salute to those that came before now and to those coming later.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hi Friends,

I decided to change the design alittle. Attached this the new design. Which one do you like?

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 2:56am On Mar 05, 2016
Nice, but what is the specifications for each flat?

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 05, 2016
Are these studio units for students?

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by AreaFada2: 5:57am On Mar 05, 2016
Great. Especially if built relatively cheap. We need more of these.

Although, where land is fairly expensive, one up , one down would make sense.

Can you please upload the floor plan?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by DankemzI(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2016
What of the floor plan?

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hi friends, the building is a detached studio or a room efficiency or a self contain on steroid. its been design to be a luxury Self contain. Attached is the floor plan. and some intending interior. its also for graduate student or lectures or as a guest house. the final usuage is yet to be determined until completion.

Update as of yesterday from the site. The picture is poor sha. But something is better than nothing since i left Nigeria and cannot take it myself.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
true2home:
Hi friends, the building is a detached studio or a room efficiency or a self contain on steroid. its been design to be a luxury Self contain. Attached is the floor plan. and some intending interior. its also for graduate student or lectures or as a guest house. the final usuage is yet to be determined until completion.

Update as of yesterday from the site. The picture is poor sha. But something is better than nothing since i left Nigeria and cannot take it myself.

Best to get a smartphone (for the site use), install WhatsApp and you can recharge the data minutes from over yonder.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by ewizard1: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is so cool. Would be following this thread to see how it all unfolds. I love the design.

#MayGodBlessMeToo
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thank you and i hope it serves the purpose that its intended to serve and help our people to think outside just profiting at all cost.
ewizard1:
This is so cool. Would be following this thread to see how it all unfolds. I love the design.

#MayGodBlessMeToo
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hi Friends,

I got a better pictures from site today.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hi Friends,

my builder is doing the usual o. The minute i turned my back from the site, he has done nothing since then. One story upon another. Hear this: " we cannot find any good blocks to buy anywhere around". This is a big whole town with lots of Block Factories.

We scream unemployment is unusually high, but anytime one gives a job out to be done, you realize that the problem is not unemployment; but lazy people that wants money without working for it.

Anyways, Oga just wan vex small. I expect work to have advance pass its current stage. The design was made easy enough for quick execution. Happy weekend guys. grin

6 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by kzenterprise(m): 4:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Ride on Sir nice concept

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by spygadgets(m): 7:03am On Mar 12, 2016
Truetohome brother
Thanks for this update, but we will love to know the size of the plot and how many studio space u got from the floor plan, cos just like u said there are many out there to learn athing or few from ur insights, me inclusive, shouts out to the likes of
Spyder80, egunmogaji,muftau,brabus,and the rest

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:55am On Mar 15, 2016
Hi,
The lot is just 50ft X 100ft. I plan for 4 Units of detached studios. I don't like congestion, so i minimized the lot to bare minimum. Peace to all
spygadgets:
Truetohome brother
Thanks for this update, but we will love to know the size of the plot and how many studio space u got from the floor plan, cos just like u said there are many out there to learn athing or few from ur insights, me inclusive, shouts out to the likes of
Spyder80, egunmogaji,muftau,brabus,and the rest
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by spygadgets(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
This double deck is more appealing to investment

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
I like the aesthetic of this design. I have lots of designs similar to this but the cost of deck work in relations to land price made those design void. It more economical to avoid deck cost where land is relatively affordable. And i also want the detachment effect for more privacy. Your design will be nice if i can find a beach front property. Im glad a lot of us are doing something different from the usual. Thanks

spygadgets:
This double deck is more appealing to investment
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 3:45am On Mar 21, 2016
Hi guys,

while am still waiting for reasonable development from my site, i have attached the modified design for your pleasure. Made small changes to the facade which i believe is better.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello Fellow NL, i was able to get my builder to site for some work this week. Below is an update to work at the site.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by spygadgets(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
That's cool bro. We are on course

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hi NL,

There was a slow development on the site yesterday. I purchased a long span roofing sheet two weeks ago. Had to order when my friend and neighbor ordered some for his housing project. By the way, my Neighbor started after me and has roofed his project which is way bigger than my. We are in the same area and its only one plot of land that is between us. I will show you guys some picture of his project too today. I have entered one chance with my own builder ooo!

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
also, i have to pay for not been on ground through the imperfection that i see in some of the pictures. God dey sha!!! Hassle must not stop until my L-Pads are delivered. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hello NL, I'm at a crossroad and need to decide if i should continue the construction without my present or delay the delivery date back a year to allow for me to be present for the finishing. I'm thinking that construction should continue on one of the units. Depending on the quality of the work done on that one unit, i can have them stop work or proceed without me being present. What do you guys think of this approach?
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 30, 2016
true2home:
Hello NL, I'm at a crossroad and need to decide if i should continue the construction without my present or delay the delivery date back a year to allow for me to be present for the finishing. I'm thinking that construction should continue on one of the units. Depending on the quality of the work done on that one unit, i can have them stop work or proceed without me being present. What do you guys think of this approach?

1) TIME: One of the builders on here wrote that no one gets a prize for finishing his house first. So you'll have to ask yourself this question, "What's The Rush"?

2) IMPERFECTIONS: Are they structural imperfections or cosmetics imperfection? I am building a personal residence and the cosmetic imperfections I can deal with later during finishing which I ABSOLUTELY will be there.

The only risk is the economic uncertainties so I will advise you to carry on.

I will tell you this one fact, I have never seen a house built in Nigeria that passed my cosmetic challenge, NONE. So try not to be over critical, they just don't have the skillset or work ethics to do an impressive job. (I'll have to drag out my anti flame suit for this wayward comment I'm sure grin ).

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks for the words. On TIME, i was train that time and investment goes hand in hand. I was also made to realize that the law is only applicable when you are doing things yourself and on ground. The Imperfection; its cosmetic and im just hoping to manage to achieve close to desired result.

One thing about living on this side of the Atlantic, you are now from the land of the BRAVE. I'm sure you can shoulder the attack for sure. Beside you are the OGA here Sir!

EgunMogaji:

1) TIME: One of the builders on here wrote that no one gets a prize for finishing his house first. So you'll have to ask yourself this question, "What's The Rush"?

2) IMPERFECTIONS: Are they structural imperfections or cosmetics imperfection? I am building a personal residence and the cosmetic imperfections I can deal with later during finishing which I ABSOLUTELY will be there.

The only risk is the economic uncertainties so I will advise you to carry on.

I will tell you this one fact, I have never seen a house built in Nigeria that passed my cosmetic challenge, NONE. So try not to be over critical, they just don't have the skillset or work ethics to do an impressive job. (I'll have to drag out my anti flame suit for this wayward comment I'm sure grin ).

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 5:52am On Jun 24, 2016
true2home any progress on the building? Did you decide to suspend till you're able to physically be on site?

I too have learned the value of "being present", since nothing seems to happen the moment they know I'm away, even for 1 day.

And the locals will complain if we don't give them jobs, yet make the worst of it. More than once I've contemplated bringing workers from the SW that I'm familiar with to complete the job sharp sharp.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 5:56am On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Good luck.

Neither have I. We like good things but don't care to make good things.
I'm yet to see a single straight and true anything Nigeria be it wall, ceiling, roof, column, window, or tiles. Our roads are not straight; neither are our queues or stories. Even our mosquitoes don't fly straight.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes, I have suspended the project till am able to be on ground later this year. But I am still working on the project indirectly buy buying accessories for the project; roof is bought, arranging for buying windows and doors. am basically using the down time to procure all the material to finish the project. So upon landing, all I have to doing is install everything.

nextstep:
true2home any progress on the building? Did you decide to suspend till you're able to physically be on site?

I too have learned the value of "being present", since nothing seems to happen the moment they know I'm away, even for 1 day.

And the locals will complain if we don't give them jobs, yet make the worst of it. More than once I've contemplated bringing workers from the SW that I'm familiar with to complete the job sharp sharp.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Tequilah: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
I know some post-graduate students in Babcock (i.e. MPhil & Ph.D students) that would certainly be interested in these apartments.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thanks. I will contact you when the building is approaching completion soon. The project is aim at such students and am glad that the design will serve our people positively.

Tequilah:
I know some post-graduate students in Babcock (i.e. MPhil & Ph.D students) that would certainly be interested in these apartments.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hi Fellows,

Some work was performed on site recently. Fired the original builder and hired a new one. We can not have a population of over 170M and still be dealing with lazy and bad contractors. If you not ready to follow simple instruction and do good honest work, then i will fire you and hire the next guy. There are lots of people that need the opportunity.

Next;

We finished structural work and getting set for roof work in a couple of days. Attached are some pictures. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Owerri Project - 4 Duplex And 4 Units Of 2 Bedroom Flats / Customs Warehouse In Ikeja Burnt Down By Fire / 0.45mm Gauge Aluminum Longspan Now Selling @ N1, 070 And 0. 55mm N1, 450

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.