Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments (17712 Views)

Get A New Roof Without Re-roofing...it's Simple! / Fully Fitted Self Contained Studio Apartments. Bwari, Abuja 4 Law Students. / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gate being manufactured...missed the design alittle but this isn't bad as well. Still has the simple look that i was going for...inspired by Oga skimanski pic...thanks Sir

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by skimanski(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2017
true2home:
Gate being manufactured...missed the design alittle but this isn't bad as well. Still has the simple look that i was going for...inspired by Oga skimanski pic...thanks Sir

Nice job boss
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Larwin(m): 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nice work... wink

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
More update on kitchen finishing

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Got more pics on my project. I went home for 10days earlier this month. Buy some lights fixture from USA. Something was telling me that the electrician might have issue installing them. So i got myself ready to buy another ones locally since am tired of fighting this people to get out of their comfort zone and do new thing. And also, i dont have too much time to find someone else.

Anyways, my fear came true. He was like my fixture is too heavy for POP connection. Of coarse, he was supposed to fix it to the trusses, not POP only Oga Ade!!!

Anyways, i bought something local that i can live with. Time will tell if it will last for its purpose. Enjoy more pics

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Attached are some of my light that he claimed is too big!

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by FastShipping: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
true2home:
Attached are some of my light that he claimed is too big!

How did you manage to change them from 110v to 220v?

I have been pondering about converting the volts for my standng lights from 110v to 220v.

What do I need to do to make them work in Nigeria?
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

what I noticed with my is that the lights already come with 110v to 240v range in its mechanics. I was also told by a friend that recommended that I buy from US, all you have to do if the light is basic is to change the bulb and use the 240v instead. He worked for him and that's what he has in his Nigeria home and I saw it myself that it works.

FastShipping:

I have been pondering about converting the volts for my standng lights from 110v to 220v.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Toilet Pics came in also, Enjoy...

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by FastShipping: 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
true2home:
Hi,

what I noticed with my is that the lights already come with 110v to 240v range in its mechanics. I was also told by a friend that recommended that I buy from US, all you have to do if the light is basic is to change the bulb and use the 240v instead. He worked for him and that's what he has in his Nigeria home and I saw it myself that it works.

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying all I need to do is to just change the bulbs of standing lights?

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
I can't speak on such light application, rather just the wall and ceiling lightings. Im sure that if you speak to an experienced electrician, he/she should be able to install mini transformer in it for you. I have done such here in the US on my job where we boost roadway lighting to 240v by installing transformer in the light housing case. this move can affect the cost though

FastShipping:

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying all I need to do is to just change the bulbs of standing lights?
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
Painted Sliding Gate...

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2017
Still Playing with landscape and Paint scheme, please feel free to make suggestions and recommendations...

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by FastShipping: 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
true2home:
Painted Sliding Gate...

I did the same gate as you but mine a lot wider and higher and the whole world won't let me rest. Some even told me to remove the gate and do a no see through gate instead.

I never knew it's a wrong thing in Nigeria to let people passing by to see your compound.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
I know right!!!lol...the irony is that one is safer when the public can see around your exteriorof main house. Do you notice banks in US design the building to be transparent? It's deliberate to deter crime. But like everything in Nigerian, we reason backwards

FastShipping:

I did the same gate as you but mine a lot wider and higher and the whole world won't let me rest. Some even told me to remove the gate and do a no see through gate instead.

I never knew it's a wrong thing in Nigeria to let people passing by to see your compound.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by FastShipping: 12:58am On Nov 02, 2017
true2home:
I know right!!!lol...the irony is that one is safer when the public can see around your exteriorof main house. Do you notice banks in US design the building to be transparent? It's deliberate to deter crime. But like everything in Nigerian, we reason backwards

I keep telling people that the house is safer when the gate is wide and transparent so that anyone can see what is going on in my compound but everyone disagree with me. They believe the house is safer if the gate is sealed and fence is high.

It's like thinking upside down to me.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by skimanski(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2017
FastShipping:

I keep telling people that the house is safer when the gate is wide and transparent so that anyone can see what is going on in my compound but everyone disagree with me. They believe the house is safer if the gate is sealed and fence is high.

It's like thinking upside down to me.

The is the best Discussion I have woken Up to. I keep telling a lot of my clients this stuff. High fence is not safe. The arguments have even resulted to some potential clients telling me I am inexperience. Expecting me to lie to them that its safe.

There is a reason why Top Estates in Lagos require Short fences all around, and there is also a reason why VGC is the den of Kidnapping, Ritual, and a lot of Rich Crimes, because of their Huge fences and Blind Gates.

3 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
If we start to actually do some research, we will solve a lot of problems in Nigeria. The numbers never lies!!! That's why most of my projects are R n D ( research and Development). So based on the result, then I invest further if it proves positive.

Also, Rotimi William was killed in his house with all the fence and security. so was Bola Ige. Therefore, I will take my chance with low fence and see through for now.

skimanski:

The is the best Discussion I have woken Up to. I keep telling a lot of my clients this stuff. High fence is not safe. The arguments have even resulted to some potential clients telling me I am inexperience. Expecting me to lie to them that its safe.

There is a reason why Top Estates in Lagos require Short fences all around, and there is also a reason why VGC is the den of Kidnapping, Ritual, and a lot of Rich Crimes, because of their Huge fences and Blind Gates.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
Lovely!!!! I've been missing from the scene for a while while I recuperate from the massive headache that was 2016 (yes oh... it has taken me one whole year to recover financially, now I can continue from next year).

How is baby? And Madam nko? All must be well, we are grateful to God.

Let me just say I'm going to copy your kitchen... you have great taste and I've been looking for a good example for a classy arrangement for a small kitchen, also without wasting tiles.

Please where did you get your counter top and bowl? I'll have more questions later.

And that gate is nice and simple... not these over-designed and opaque gates we see nowadays. Please post pictures of the sliding track. I fear to do the same for ours because we have a lot of building to do over the years on that land, and I fear all those trucks and granite loads will damage it.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
true2home:

I can't speak on such light application, rather just the wall and ceiling lightings. Im sure that if you speak to an experienced electrician, he/she should be able to install mini transformer in it for you. I have done such here in the US on my job where we boost roadway lighting to 240v by installing transformer in the light housing case. this move can affect the cost though

Late to this party, but generally all you'll need to change is the bulb, though technically the switch may be rated for 110 (and could cause an arc at 220v), but the wiring is actually ok since it would have 1/2 the current going through

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by bvc(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ready to paint your building?
- Get a free quotation that is proven to reduce cost
- Select from a variety of local and foreign paint products
- Locate certified painters around you for that impeccable finishing
- Get discounts for all paint purchases, just request for a coupon code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNIgdTMRMM

www.expertpaintadvice.com.ng
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by atilla(m): 1:19am On Jan 08, 2018
true2home:

Happy new year. Still following and waiting for more updates smiley
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:36am On Jan 08, 2018
Hi, we are taking applicants for the property now. We have 2units uncommitted. In the next three weeks, the property will be fully ready. Road is opened to the Main Ilisan - Ago Road. See pics

atilla:

Happy new year. Still following and waiting for more updates smiley

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:40am On Jan 08, 2018
This community work has kept me busy and the holiday kind of slow things down on the studios too.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by tunax5loon(m): 3:01am On Jan 08, 2018
I've spent 2 hours on this thread from page 1 to 5. Woke up around 1am and I've been reading and learning too thanks sir. I will need to change my fence design to see through by removing some blocks and replacing with iron bars

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 3:09am On Jan 08, 2018
Thank You Sir.,

The bowl is from Orile, SweetHome brand. The Countertop was done by a contact of my manager. He did a good job getting my specification right. I am looking forward to see you project continue.

nextstep:
Lovely!!!! I've been missing from the scene for a while while I recuperate from the massive headache that was 2016 (yes oh... it has taken me one whole year to recover financially, now I can continue from next year).

How is baby? And Madam nko? All must be well, we are grateful to God.

Let me just say I'm going to copy your kitchen... you have great taste and I've been looking for a good example for a classy arrangement for a small kitchen, also without wasting tiles.

Please where did you get your counter top and bowl? I'll have more questions later.

And that gate is nice and simple... not these over-designed and opaque gates we see nowadays. Please post pictures of the sliding track. I fear to do the same for ours because we have a lot of building to do over the years on that land, and I fear all those trucks and granite loads will damage it.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by atilla(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2018
How Much are they going for? Also new pics of finished gate or building front might get come one interested.

I really like this concept and wonder why there aren't more like this around
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by architectHUrSH(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
i must tell you this,your type of client is rare in this part of the world, we've barely encouraged modern architecture here not to talk of going contemporary... weldone and may God continue to enrich your pocket as you work hard to make your wish and dream come true.... working with you sometime in the nearest future will be highly cherished.

true2home:
Unfortunately or fortunately, if you are my tenant, i want to do somethings different to the usual in Nigeria. I believe any apartment should have the basic living items; toilet, kitchen, stove, water, security and electricity. Even if its a room that you are renting, it should have all this amenities. This is my standard. Am even considering monthly rent rather than the yearly. Basically, trying to give back to my society and making accommodation easy for young Nigerians. This is my personal mission.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thank you. I appreciate your work too. I will keep you in mind as more projects comes on the table in the near future.

[Qquote author=architectHUrSH post=64067463] i must tell you this,your type of client is rare in this part of the world, we've barely encouraged modern architecture here not to talk of going contemporary... weldone and may God continue to enrich your pocket as you work hard to make your wish and dream come true.... working with you sometime in the nearest future will be highly cherished.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by swashbuckler84: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
@true2home
I like your style and philosophy, and would like to work with you in the future. Can we please get in touch? Do you have a social media account I can follow outside of Nairaland?
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
Gate erection and guardrailings been set.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by twinskenny(m): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
FastShipping:

stuff like wall light pop spot light usually come in regular wattage... we have regular sstep down here.. i just installed 5000wats step down for a client... what we did was to make some socket in the house 110v and some 240v in case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

0.45mm Gauge Aluminum Longspan Now Selling @ N1, 070 And 0. 55mm N1, 450 / Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. / Customs Warehouse In Ikeja Burnt Down By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.