Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments (17625 Views)

Get A New Roof Without Re-roofing...it's Simple! / Fully Fitted Self Contained Studio Apartments. Bwari, Abuja 4 Law Students. / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello NL,

we commence the roof work today. All is well for now.

The Neighbors on both sides are prompting me to fence soonest cos one buried is late wife, one feet into my property line. I forgo it and counted it as honest mistake. Now the same guy is building his foundation to close to the property line again. Im not going to be so nice this time. I plan to fence right on the property line and I will not care if it blocked off his windows.

The other side, the guy went ten feet beyond his property line and build a corner piece. But he admitted that it was a mistake on the Bricklayer and he will correct it.

Anyways, attached are some update pictures, enjoy while I go find money to do fence sharp sharp!!!

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by DankemzI(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nice Work. But you should have fenced your property first. Knowing how Nigerians are

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by msogunro: 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
Finally following. I've been looking for this thread for a long time, but couldn't find it.

True2home, is each unit approximately 3.5 meters wide
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
Fence it right away even if it is 4 courses of blocks, just to demarcate your land.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 1:37am On Aug 31, 2016
Hi,

The width is 4.5m respectively and the length is roughly 7M.

msogunro:
Finally following. I've been looking for this thread for a long time, but couldn't find it.

True2home, is each unit approximately 3.5 meters wide
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 1:46am On Aug 31, 2016
you are absolutely right. Its in my home town where I don't feel the need to do fence till later when its time for landscape but I guess am wrong; town people don dey do Omo onile wahala things for my small town too.

DankemzI:
Nice Work. But you should have fenced your property first. Knowing how Nigerians are
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 1:47am On Aug 31, 2016
I will start to work on that asap. thank you Sir

mufutau55:
Fence it right away even if it is 4 courses of blocks, just to demarcate your land.

Hajji M.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
The roof framing is complete and waiting to add Long Span Aluminum overlay.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
More picture update for all...My new Team are on their A game thus far.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by erico2k2(m): 10:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Looks good so far so good.but I still think it should be built as clusters.We shall see how it pans out
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
its more economical to build as cluster, but i want to differentiate my project from the many to come in that area. The Studio apartment idea will saturated the whole town soon; you know how our people are when they see that there is money to be made!

I want my to be the exclusive one; and i believe it will be, because not many of our people will purposely minimize the use of such prime land.

erico2k2:
Looks good so far so good.but I still think it should be built as clusters.We shall see how it pans out

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
true2home:
its more economical to build as cluster, but i want to differentiate my project from the many to come in that area. The Studio apartment idea will saturated the whole town soon; you know how our people are when they see that there is money to be made!

I want my to be the exclusive one; and i believe it will be, because not many of our people will purposely minimize the use of such prime land.

Fair enough, I get what you mean now.I have something similar like this,and its in a school area,I already got the plan and the land, Im just waiting for development to get past my plot B4 I venture there, its a 100x200 ft.mine would be a cluster of 5s each row.But Im looking at your build and learning from the structural shape.
Well done more grease to ur elbow.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by msogunro: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
I was in Ikea picking up a few things and I saw a display for a 250 sqft studio (BQ). I immediately thought about your L-Pad studio. Just in case you need some inspiration, I captured a video of the space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1Jf_gcIvU

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Now this is what am talking about! Thanks very much. I actually went to Ikea for inspiration last weekend. Im looking at their Kitchenettes. There are so many ideas that i have gotten. I will like to patronize our cabinet maker in Nigeria. I have couple of ideas and i will like to see if someone in Lagos or Ogun state can develop a replica for me.

Also because of my floor layout, I need clean line kitchen like the attached.
Thank very much. I like the video.

msogunro:
I was in Ikea picking up a few things and I saw a display for a 250 sqft studio (BQ). I immediately thought about your L-Pad studio. Just in case you need some inspiration, I captured a video of the space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1Jf_gcIvU

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by msogunro: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
true2home:
Now this is what am talking about! Thanks very much. I actually went to Ikea for inspiration last weekend. I'm looking at their Kitchenettes. There are so many ideas that I have gotten. I will like to patronize our cabinet maker in Nigeria. I have couple of ideas and i will like to see if someone in Lagos or Ogun state can develop a replica for me.

Also because of my floor layout, I need clean line kitchen like the attached.
Thank very much. I like the video.

You're welcome. I like the sink in the 3rd picture. That saves a lot of space where needed.

Another space saving item is a toilet and sink combo. I'm really considering this for a visitors toilet I have designed into my build.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
when you posted it earlier, I was looking into the possibility of using it but just wasn't cool with the idea of basin being so close to the toilet bowl. the Combo just wouldn't be convenient...will have to lean over the bowl to brush ones tooth and all. In terms of space saving, its very ideal.

msogunro:

You're welcome. I like the sink in the 3rd picture. That saves a lot of space where needed.

Another space saving item is a toilet and sink combo. I'm really considering this for a visitors toilet I have designed into my build.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 12:52am On Sep 08, 2016
Hello NL,

I got the roof on my structure today. I'm thinking of repainting the Long Span aluminum but will wait and see how everything looks after the total work is done.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
This is looking good, and remarkably still looks like the original drawings... kudos. Requesting permission to copy the design.

As an aside: what I might do though, is join all the buildings together (to save materials for 3 walls). I've also been thinking to provide a covered space in the back for hanging clothes and chilling out... the cover should be acrylic or something transparent so the sun can shine through, but not rain. It takes 2-3 days for my clothes to dry out if I keep them inside, and hanging outside is not an option, since I go out and it might rain at any time.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thanks Sir., the space between is done to create opportunity to expand the structure vertically in the future such there be demand for more units. All I will have to do is reinforce the existing, add slab and stairs in the gap between the existing.

I intend to create cabanas in the compound for outdoor activities...A small garden with Grill will be created on the backside of the land parcel

quote author=nextstep post=49503828]This is looking good, and remarkably still looks like the original drawings... kudos. Requesting permission to copy the design.

As an aside: what I might do though, is join all the buildings together (to save materials for 3 walls). I've also been thinking to provide a covered space in the back for hanging clothes and chilling out... the cover should be acrylic or something transparent so the sun can shine through, but not rain. It takes 2-3 days for my clothes to dry out if I keep them inside, and hanging outside is not an option, since I go out and it might rain at any time.[/quote]

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
true2home:
Thanks Sir., the space between is done to create opportunity to expand the structure vertically in the future such there be demand for more units. All I will have to do is reinforce the existing, add slab and stairs in the gap between the existing.
I intend to create cabanas in the compound for outdoor activities...A small garden with Grill will be created on the backside of the land parcel

Very smart idea... I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the completion.

I was just thinking of how you plan to power these units? As you can see from my hostel project, I went 100% solar, and I think it's such a good idea that I'd encourage you to do the same. I've been experiencing 24-hour light and there's no joy like it. There are of course, several caveats:

1. it's an expensive upfront investment, but you could charge higher rents for the luxury of no gen, no NEPA bills
2. residents can't use an iron or water heater. Using AC is not advisable if they want 24-hour light in all seasons.

It just occurred to me to ask and see if you're at all interested.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2016
I going to electrify the project with Solar if i can keep the total construction cost within reason. I want to do so much with this small project but i have to come to reality that its still a commercial project, not private. So it has to be investment viable too. with this project being just three studios, i should be able to power it on strictly solar. Now you can see my dilemma!

I have been following your solar documentary. Is the project being occupied now? cos you refer to enjoying it so much now

nextstep:

Very smart idea... I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the completion.

I was just thinking of how you plan to power these units? As you can see from my hostel project, I went 100% solar, and I think it's such a good idea that I'd encourage you to do the same. I've been experiencing 24-hour light and there's no joy like it. There are of course, several caveats:

1. it's an expensive upfront investment, but you could charge higher rents for the luxury of no gen, no NEPA bills
2. residents can't use an iron or water heater. Using AC is not advisable if they want 24-hour light in all seasons.

It just occurred to me to ask and see if you're at all interested.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by 1Segzy: 3:08am On Sep 21, 2016
true2home:
Hello NL,

I got the roof on my structure today. I'm thinking of repainting the Long Span aluminum but will wait and see how everything looks after the total work is done.

I don't think painting the long span aluminiun is a good idea. The paint will fade sooner or later. It won't fade uniformly and will destroy the asthetics of your building

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by msogunro: 3:14am On Sep 21, 2016
The text below may help you with your roof problems.

The full text can be found at the link below.

greenhomeguide DOT com/askapro/question/what-is-the-best-way-to-make-a-deck-water-proof

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Even though it's not completed yet, we've stayed in it for several nights at a stretch just to experience having light :-)
In a few months, as we recover from all the setbacks and gather money, we'll get it done and get some tenants in there.

true2home:
I going to electrify the project with Solar if i can keep the total construction cost within reason. I want to do so much with this small project but i have to come to reality that its still a commercial project, not private. So it has to be investment viable too. with this project being just three studios, i should be able to power it on strictly solar. Now you can see my dilemma!

I have been following your solar documentary. Is the project being occupied now? cos you refer to enjoying it so much now

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello NL,

Since the last Pic update, we have been able to finish the roof, form and poured Coping to cover the top of the blocks, installed the rough-in plumbing and Electric.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Quick update : I'm starting the fence today as recommended by most of you. I'm expecting things to move a little faster between now and November by God'said grace.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
The Fence has started. I have attached pics of the reason we have to do fencing rightaway. See pic 1

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by justmenoni: 5:23am On Oct 12, 2016
Op, why not just build a container house? i think it's more suitable for your plan.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
I looked into that option, but it wasn't economical. The prices for good Containers are too high and the logistic to transport and modify the container to finished product was just not feasible for the revenue targeted. Our people like old methods and familiarity to method of construction is what is impeding the innovation. When I spoke to a welder on modification, the prices for labor was out of this world. And the energy I was dispensing just to explain simple idea guided my decision to take the route am taking now.

justmenoni:
Op, why not just build a container house? i think it's more suitable for your plan.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by justmenoni: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2016
You're right THOUGH

true2home:

I looked into that option, but it wasn't economical. The prices for good Containers are too high and the logistic to transport and modify the container to finished product was just not feasible for the revenue targeted. Our people like old methods and familiarity to method of construction is what is impeding the innovation. When I spoke to a welder on modification, the prices for labor was out of this world. And the energy I was dispensing just to explain simple idea guided my decision to take the route am taking now.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by B3sty(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
I really took my time to check everything about this building. Kudos for sharing this with us... I'm enjoying it, more Blessings !

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 1:05am On Oct 20, 2016
Hello NL,

The floor was done earlier today. Mistake was done, but i can live with it. I didn't ask for "step UP" into the kitchenette and bathroom alley, but that is what i got. Anyways, Im very impress by New Manager; always updating and executing task as funds becomes available. Unlike before, it was taking weeks to have things done, even when funds were in hand. New pics attached

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brooklyn Court 800k no more excuses, buy 5 and get 1 free / Resident Expresses Concern As Work Continues On A Partially Collapsed Building / Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.