Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments (17716 Views)

Get A New Roof Without Re-roofing...it's Simple! / Fully Fitted Self Contained Studio Apartments. Bwari, Abuja 4 Law Students. / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by B3sty(m): 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
true2home:
The front door is #52k each and the Rear is #35k or so. The inflation already factored in. I Heard the fabricated doors are stronger but my experience thus far has not proving this fact. Im yet to see a china door like my broken into in robbery attempts. And non have i heard that the Fabricated one has given way at robbery attempt.

The only deciding factor for me is the NOISE from the fabricated door. SO annoying!!! and secondly, the finishing isn't that great and finally, its just as expensive, if not even more expensive than the china.

Most are force to use fabricated door due to customization; their door ways are non standard measurement.

I was given a quotation for a front Door amounting to 13ok in Abuja....I've not seeing the Door myself though... was told it's a China Door Bla bla bla.....i don't knw why I'm finding it hard to upload the pix of the Door. If I can get this Brand, I'll be ok with it...and not the 13ok Front door in this Buhari administration. ...lol
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
Abuja is for Politicians. You are expected to spend as such. My Front door is 4ft and Back is 3ft. Maybe yours is the big and bullet proof one. so ask for the details before concluding. I dont know the brand but will may inquiry from Manager. Thank

B3sty:

I was given a quotation for a front Door amounting to 13ok in Abuja....I've not seeing the Door myself though... was told it's a China Door Bla bla bla.....i don't knw why I'm finding it hard to upload the pix of the Door. If I can get this Brand, I'll be ok with it...and not the 13ok Front door in this Buhari administration. ...lol
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by B3sty(m): 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
true2home:
Abuja is for Politicians. You are expected to spend as such. My Front door is 4ft and Back is 3ft. Maybe yours is the big and bullet proof one. so ask for the details before concluding. I dont know the brand but will may inquiry from Manager. Thank

Mine is 4ft as well...i think I'll travel down to see things myself. I'm based in Lagos, I always don't have the time travelling down to Abuja. The 130k is way too much for me. Thanks for your response though, God bless u.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
B3sty:

Mine is 4ft as well...i think I'll travel down to see things myself. I'm based in Lagos, I always don't have the time travelling down to Abuja. The 130k is way too much for me. Thanks for your response though, God bless u.

If it is turkey door then its not too much. Just pickup one in Lagos for 120k.

Hajji M
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by B3sty(m): 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
mufutau55:

If it is turkey door then its not too much. Just pickup one in Lagos for 120k.

Hajji M
Lemme see if I can go for the Turkey door then...I've got no other option for now.
Thanks Mr Hajii M for your response.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
B3sty:

Lemme see if I can go for the Turkey door then...I've got no other option for now.
Thanks Mr Hajii M for your response.

Below is the N120k 4ft Turkey Iron door installed.
You can even find it for N110k if you have time to wander around at Orile market.

Hajji M.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by B3sty(m): 5:52am On Nov 07, 2016
mufutau55:

Below is the N120k 4ft Turkey Iron door installed.
You can even find it for N110k if you have time to wander around at Orile market.

Hajji M.
Yea, exactly what i was sent via whatsapp...though with a different design. My Project is in Abuja ( Nyanya) Precisely Sir. How durable & Strong is this Door? I'm sorry for asking too many questions.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2016
B3sty:

Yea, exactly what i was sent via whatsapp...though with a different design. My Project is in Abuja ( Nyanya) Precisely Sir. How durable & Strong is this Door? I'm sorry for asking too many questions.

They have them in many designs but same quality.
Turkey iron doors are as durable as you can get, they are not comparable to Chinese doors at all. Go for it.

Hajji M.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by B3sty(m): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
mufutau55:

They have them in many designs but same quality.
Turkey iron doors are as durable as yiu can get it, they are not comparable to chinese doors at all. Go for it.

Hajji M.
All correct Sir...
I'll go for it!
God Bless U.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2016
Hi NL,

Wiring was done on one of the units. I tried to explain my needs in term of finishing design but wasn't getting through. So i have decide to go home in some weeks to do it myself.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Cinephilia: 2:40am On Nov 17, 2016
true2home:
The front door is #52k each and the Rear is #35k or so. The inflation already factored in. I Heard the fabricated doors are stronger but my experience thus far has not proving this fact. Im yet to see a china door like my broken into in robbery attempts. And non have i heard that the Fabricated one has given way at robbery attempt.

The only deciding factor for me is the NOISE from the fabricated door. SO annoying!!! and secondly, the finishing isn't that great and finally, its just as expensive, if not even more expensive than the china.

Most are force to use fabricated door due to customization; their door ways are non standard measurement.

most chinese doors imported into the country are cheap, low quality options. they're made from thin light sheets and they offer more aesthetics than security. A locally fabricated door of the same cost made by a good fabricator will definitely give you more value.
You can make them to whatever design, thickness and size that you want. getting a good fabricator is key.

You can't ascertain how well a chinese door will hold up until an actual breach is attempted.

Good luck with your project.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hi NL,

Went home for about three weeks to do some things on my project. Did as much as time allowed.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
More

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Tried to work on details while on ground.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
My aim was to setup the Kitchen, toilet, cabinet and dresser. I bought all the materials needed except for granite canter top; which everyone one refer to as marble; and it took me a week to figure out that we were talking about the same thing. Anyways, I wasn't able to get one till I ran out of time.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by nextstep(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Looking good. At least progress is being made, and praise God for safe journey to and fro. Hope you enjoyed home.

Who was your cabinet and wardrobe maker, and can you give us a sense of the price? I was thinking of getting prefabbed furniture, because after you add labour, time, and transportation, it's cheaper than hiring somebody to make them.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thank you. I had a good time away from the usual busy US lifestyle. Ate good meals and breath fresh air...lol
The maker is a local furniture guy in Ilisan Remo Ogun State. I dont know how far he goes to do a job but i will post his contacts in case someone close to my site can benefit. I will contact my manager for his info asap. The Dresser and Kitchen furniture costed me #180K. How is your project coming up Mr. Next?

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by solok: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
undecided
Blinding/German floor not done!! can see in the second picture showing walls already done to lintel level. there will be serious rising damp and possibly termite plus rodent activitie at floor level in future. i have been a fictim once and have learnt a hard way. caveat emptor!

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
No...i'm a civil engineer and I assure you that it wouldn't be a problem on my site. @Solok

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2017
Please sorry for asking. I like the design of the house n all, but r u gonna b d one to furnish t for the person coming in?
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Unfortunately or fortunately, if you are my tenant, i want to do somethings different to the usual in Nigeria. I believe any apartment should have the basic living items; toilet, kitchen, stove, water, security and electricity. Even if its a room that you are renting, it should have all this amenities. This is my standard. Am even considering monthly rent rather than the yearly. Basically, trying to give back to my society and making accommodation easy for young Nigerians. This is my personal mission.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:51am On Jan 06, 2017
true2home:
Unfortunately or fortunately, if you are my tenant, i want to do somethings different to the usual in Nigeria. I believe any apartment should have the basic living items; toilet, kitchen, stove, water, security and electricity. Even if its a room that you are renting, it should have all this amenities. This is my standard. Am even considering monthly rent rather than the yearly. Basically, trying to give back to my society and making accommodation easy for young Nigerians. This is my personal mission.

Hmmmmm Bros, u dey bring oyibo mentality to us o... No go too spoil us, lol. Will b d first house I'll be seeing such here in Nigeria. Kudos Sir.... I'm watching and learning in 7d. I also go with d idea monthly rent will b d best for this kinda apartment

@ alist, oya come, na d house b this
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:32am On Jan 10, 2017
Got erect fence further over the weekend since we learned that the price for cement is heading north.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 2:37am On Jan 10, 2017
Working on tile designing for the studio. I hope it all goes as intended. Attached are some tiles that I'm putting together to form the kitchen area.White and Deco tiles for Back splash, and the gray tile for flooring. Wish me good luck.

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 10, 2017
true2home:
Working on tile designing for the studio. I hope it all goes as intended. Attached are some tiles that I'm putting together to form the kitchen area.White and Deco tiles for Back splash, and the gray tile for flooring. Wish me good luck.

Please share price and size of tiles.

Thanks.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
Decorated Tile for the Kitchen was N3500( 25 x 50 ) per M2
White Tile for kitchen was N3000( 20 x 60) per M2
Wood Deco Floor Tile was N3000( 20 x 60)
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
true2home:
Got erect fence further over the weekend since we learned that the price for cement is heading north.

Good idea... as previously advised, you need that fence anyway...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
i concur Sir.

mufutau55:

Good idea... as previously advised, you need that fence anyway...

Hajji M.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
true2home:
i concur Sir.

Before they start burying other dead people on your land o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by true2home(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Everyone that visited my site with me wanted me to have them relocate their love one. I believe land belongs to anyone. We are going to leave it behind some day. So I know by law, I can move it out of my land but what value will that add to my life! At the same time, I don't want deliberate act of disrespect as well.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by mufutau55(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
true2home:
Everyone that visited my site with me wanted me to have them relocate their love one.
I believe land belongs to anyone. We are going to leave it behind some day.
So I know by law, I can move it out of my land but what value will that add to my life! At the same time,
I don't want deliberate act of disrespect as well.

You are perfectly right. Leave it like that, you have taken the step to stop the future occurrence by erecting a fence. So it's all good.

Hajji M.
Re: Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments by erico2k2(m): 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
true2home:
My aim was to setup the Kitchen, toilet, cabinet and dresser. I bought all the materials needed except for granite canter top; which everyone one refer to as marble; and it took me a week to figure out that we were talking about the same thing. Anyways, I wasn't able to get one till I ran out of time.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. / 0.45mm Gauge Aluminum Longspan Now Selling @ N1, 070 And 0. 55mm N1, 450 / Customs Warehouse In Ikeja Burnt Down By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.