Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! (30194 Views)

UNIBEN To Refund Money Paid By Post-UTME 2016 Candidates / Know The Institutions That Their Post UTME 2016/2017 Forms Are Out / Dates And Schedules For JAMB UTME 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Since I knew about JAMB, I have never had any news saying that more than half of those that sat for jamb were complaining that they were not given their right scores. When majority are complaining, then its obvious that they are saying the truth. People are just crying everywhere, because its very painful that you are very sure of what you wrote expecting nothing less that 300, and at the end of the day JAMB sent you 180 as your score. Some complained that the subject that they answered just few questions were where they got the highest marks meanwhile failing those they were sure of. Have you ever heard of JAMB dashing people 5 marks, talk more of 40, to tell you that they know that they are at fault and that the scores they gave them at the initial time was not their real score. If those exams where to be remarked, i am 100% sure that more that half of those people complaining will score higher than their formal score plus 40. And now there are not still giving everybody the 40 additional marks no matter the reason for that,is that not cheating, partiality and wickedness. Imagine that someone they originally gave 160 and letter added 40 will now have a total score of 200 whereas there is also another person out there that is normally not supposed to score 160 but was given 160 with no additional mark. And the one with 200 will sit for putme in his/her choice university while the other will not. Is it fair? There should be equity. So therefore its high time the govt should come into this situation and solve it. Last year, JAMB came up with eligibility, now it is wrong markings. All Jambites affected seriously needs to disagree with this jamb 2016 result. The govt should look into look into this matter because this is really unbearable. If this where to be some other foreign countries, by now there must have been a record of about 1000 students that have committed suicide. For the fact that Nigerians are not like that doesn't mean they should be deprived of their right. Seriously the government ought to look into this matter. Its either jamb gives the computer the right answers and remark these test or cancel the exam or call them to rewrite their exams after they must have resolved the problems.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by acenazt: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Every jamb from 27th to 29th feb was a hit back 2 back. We encountered some hitches and glitches and were compensated with 40 marks. So oga o.p if its the extra 40 u want Come and collect it. JAMB TI TAKE OVER

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Junior66(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
okay
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Larid: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
I am a victim of dat unfateful day feb.29.. I did my exam wit ease i finished all my maths q. Without skipping any,d same way it goes wit d oda subjects. I was dead sure dat i have made a killing bc i ave laboured hard for dat day.bt after seeing dat cursed text from jamb i became saddness personified and disconcerted.i was given 190 at first and later 230..last year wen i sat 4 jamb i didnt finish b4 tym i still had 254 bt dis year dat i finished to my satisfaction and was anticipatin notin less dan 300+ i was gvin 190 and a compensating marks of 40.hmmmmm if u knw hw sad i am ryt naw u will cry 4 me.jamb as a board made my effort to b wasted. I chose unilag and i nid high marks to b able to compete wit my other competitors bt no,competin wit dem is a risky risk bc they ave more edges dan i do...if rectification is nat made i pray to GOD dat he shud make jamb witness retrogression cos dat is wat dey want 4 me, may everyone of ur children be deprived of success 4 u ave daggerd my heart and d rest of d candidates heart,u made us worthless and unserious in d eyes of our parents...may u b looked wit contempt except if proper rectification is made..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by xender(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
#RemarkJamb2016

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
mods,
cc : lalasticlala,
cc : fynestbio,
you've gotta move this to Front page, Our voice has to be heard, Jamb should do something!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by godaxionbamin(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Jamb did an awful work dis year reducing d scores of students through computer unpreparedness and laxity in setting wrong questions. I feel unfortunate writing under this gooric board of unknown scrites! May God help all wu passed to knw their scores soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by babadej(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=Tholuwaniey post=43500573]Since I knew about JAMB, I have never had any news
saying that more than half of those that sat for jamb
were complaining that they were not given their right
scores.
When majority are complaining, then its obvious that they
are saying the truth. People are just crying everywhere,
because its very painful that you are very sure of what
you wrote expecting nothing less that 300, and at the
end of the day JAMB sent you 180 as your score.
Some complained that the subject that they answered
just few questions were where they got the highest marks
meanwhile failing those they were sure of. Have you ever
heard of JAMB dashing people 5 marks, talk more of 40,
to tell you that they know that they are at fault and
that the scores they gave them at the initial time was not
their real score.
If those exams where to be remarked, i am 100% sure
that more that half of those people complaining will
score higher than their formal score plus 40. And now
there are not still giving everybody the 40 additional
marks no matter the reason for that,is that not
cheating, partiality and wickedness.
Imagine that someone they originally gave 160 and letter
added 40 will now have a total score of 200 whereas
there is also another person out there that is normally
not supposed to score 160 but was given 160 with no
additional mark. And the one with 200 will sit for putme
in his/her choice university while the other will not.
Is it fair? There should be equity. So therefore its high
time the govt should come into this situation and solve it.
Last year, JAMB came up with eligibility, now it is wrong
markings.
All Jambites affected seriously needs to disagree with
this jamb 2016 result. The govt should look into look into
this matter because this is really unbearable. If this
where to be some other foreign countries, by now there
must have been a record of about 1000 students that
have committed suicide. For the fact that Nigerians are
not like that doesn't mean they should be deprived of
their right.
Seriously the government ought to look into this matter.
Its either jamb gives the computer the right answers and
remark these test or cancel the exam or call them to
rewrite their exams after they must have resolved the
problems.[God bless you for this thread, I feel I've been unduly cheated of my original scores and now all my efforts, time, sleep deprived nights are all to waste. I feel we should all take a stand against such insurbodination. As participants of the exam, we have a right to call for our actual scores/ results.]

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Sunnycliff(m): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
This years CBT test revealed the incompetence and ineffectiveness of the JAMB institution!

JAMB needs a total overhaul

8 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by nikkypearl(f): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by kennyman2000(m): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by ateizaa(m): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Chai na wao
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Tholuwaniey:
Since I knew about JAMB, I have never had any news
saying that more than half of those that sat for jamb
were complaining that they were not given their right
scores.
When majority are complaining, then its obvious that they
are saying the truth. People are just crying everywhere,
because its very painful that you are very sure of what
you wrote expecting nothing less that 300, and at the
end of the day JAMB sent you 180 as your score.

Stop right there. What do you mean you were expecting to pass? Unless you had expo before the exam?

Keep in mind that you may have answered the questions wrongly.....

P.S: Maybe we have to go back to the good old days....when people wrote WASC O and A level.

Only those who passed WASC O level at a certain level (not 5 credits!)....went to A level....and only those who passed A level at a certain cutoff went to University.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by megacity: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
The DG of JAMB ought to be sacked!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by easrael(f): 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
True
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Dahveydson(m): 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
Jamb really needs to remark and rectify this mess before schools start calling for Post UME.

My sibling was affected, immediately he saw the result, he said it wasn't his because there was no way he could have gotten 47 in chemistry due to the questions he saw and answered.

I am in support of any action to get Jamb to rectify this year's exam especially for those that wrote on the 27th and 29th.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Juliuxxxxx: 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
True talk
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Generalkorex(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dibu should just resign.he had lost it already.
Jamb is as useless as the "ay" in "okay"

9 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by gbaskiboy: 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Am coming
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by SetrakusRa(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
I keep asking myself, why will JAMB give students 40 bonus marks? The JAMB we know won't even give 2 marks free if there was 80% mass failure..

JAMB has always been incompent and ineffective; but, its way too obvious now.

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by emmyw(m): 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Anyways my little cousin got 252 sha. I'm happy for him. At least e go agree say i good pass am when i do my own! That little boy, always testing my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by bolt000(m): 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
hmm
shocked
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by dammytosh: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Go and read and leave Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by SailorXY: 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Naija education na moi moi
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by uchennamani(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
acenazt:
Every jamb from 27th to 29th feb was a hit back 2 back. We encountered some hitches and glitches and were compensated with 40 marks. So oga o.p if its the extra 40 u want Come and collect it. JAMB TI TAKE OVER
Onuku!

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Afrok(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
I've been through this before, i definitely know how it feels. May God help us all...
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by bxcode(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
But seriously, where in the world will you write exams and you are given two different results? undecided
Anything goes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by engrjosefz(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
ok
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by alibaba1995(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
I hate that word 'JAMB'
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
J
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Mprex(f): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
i cant fit to shout

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uniabuja Recalls Expelled SUG President, Ude-Umanta After 12 Years / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / 10 Things You Should Do Before Your Final Year In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.