Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,227 members, 7,842,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! (30240 Views)

UNIBEN To Refund Money Paid By Post-UTME 2016 Candidates / Know The Institutions That Their Post UTME 2016/2017 Forms Are Out / Dates And Schedules For JAMB UTME 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by gbaskiboy: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Larid:
I am a victim of dat unfateful day feb.29.. I did my exam wit ease i finished all my maths q. Without skipping any,d same way it goes wit d oda subjects. I was dead sure dat i have made a killing bc i ave laboured hard for dat day.bt after seeing dat cursed text from jamb i became saddness personified and disconcerted.i was given 190 at first and later 230..last year wen i sat 4 jamb i didnt finish b4 tym i still had 254 bt dis year dat i finished to my satisfaction and was anticipatin notin less dan 300+ i was gvin 190 and a compensating marks of 40.hmmmmm if u knw hw sad i am ryt naw u will cry 4 me.jamb as a board made my effort to b wasted. I chose unilag and i nid high marks to b able to compete wit my other competitors bt no,competin wit dem is a risky risk bc they ave more edges dan i do...if rectification is nat made i pray to GOD dat he shud make jamb witness retrogression cos dat is wat dey want 4 me, may everyone of ur children be deprived of success 4 u ave daggerd my heart and d rest of d candidates heart,u made us worthless and unserious in d eyes of our parents...may u b looked wit contempt except if proper rectification is made..
JAMB don enter one chance grin
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Generalkorex(m): 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
Larid:
I am a victim of dat unfateful day feb.29.. I did my exam wit ease i finished all my maths q. Without skipping any,d same way it goes wit d oda subjects. I was dead sure dat i have made a killing bc i ave laboured hard for dat day.bt after seeing dat cursed text from jamb i became saddness personified and disconcerted.i was given 190 at first and later 230..last year wen i sat 4 jamb i didnt finish b4 tym i still had 254 bt dis year dat i finished to my satisfaction and was anticipatin notin less dan 300+ i was gvin 190 and a compensating marks of 40.hmmmmm if u knw hw sad i am ryt naw u will cry 4 me.jamb as a board made my effort to b wasted. I chose unilag and i nid high marks to b able to compete wit my other competitors bt no,competin wit dem is a risky risk bc they ave more edges dan i do...if rectification is nat made i pray to GOD dat he shud make jamb witness retrogression cos dat is wat dey want 4 me, may everyone of ur children be deprived of success 4 u ave daggerd my heart and d rest of d candidates heart,u made us worthless and unserious in d eyes of our parents...may u b looked wit contempt except if proper rectification is made..
ur own better sef
i was GIVEN 195 no additional 40.
I did my english and math absolutely well then like half of chemistry a physics.
I scored highest mark in chemistry and lowest in english.
The thing still dey pain me o.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by xxgig(m): 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
There are some that I know that don't deserve to passn but they did.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by winkmart: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
yes
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Wizdray: 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Anthos(m): 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
J
lmfao whats "J"?
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Oghumu1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
This not a paper and pencil exam that you will complain of been cheated. Its a computer based exam, and all the answers had been programmed inside unless they programmed the wrong answers for the options, so whatever jamb gives you is from the computer not from them. Concerning the +40 marks, I guess it was due to complains about no standby electricity or poor network coverage but they just decided to compensate them. GIGO (garbage In garbage out)

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Stop right there. What do you mean you were expecting to pass? Unless you had expo before the exam?

Keep in mind that you may have answered the questions wrongly.....

P.S: Maybe we have to go back to the good old days....when people wrote WASC O and A level.

Only those who passed WASC O level at a certain level (not 5 credits!)....went to A level....and only those who passed A level at a certain cutoff went to University.

Mr man.. there's a difference between a student that puts in enormous effort and reading time to pass and exam and the one that relies on expo
I know how hard I studied and the cbt test I had shows how ready I was.. I went into the CBT centre and I practically murdered the exam, Jamb then sent a score thats so obviously not mine
I know my level, my academical standard,so you can't suggest something different to me
Jamb made lotta blunder this year, It didn't happen to me alone , 70% of jambites are complaining. let's face fact!. there should be a correction. I could rewrite that exam in front on Pres Buhari and score 300+ . yea!

5 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by brojoshua: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
Can the JAMB thing be probed or investigated. Can their be remarking or recounting as in elections if the students are complaining and not satisfied.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by azeecoboy(m): 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
OP is damn right!!!!!
all of the gurus i knew who wrote on feb 27,29 and march 1were seriously affected.None of them scored upto 200,now jamb dey use one yeye 40marks compensate them.
it's this years jamb i see dullard getting 240+ and real gurus hardly scoring upto 210

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by DoctorTim: 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Larid:

Bros, with this your big big Grammar wey u dey speak you sure say no be mercenary u be? Abi u Don finish uni and service for another place you wan come go back unilag! Because I can't believe that a secondary school leaver composed this text. Jamb suppose give u 390 sef.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
RUBBISH!
The raw truth is that many students now are not reading.
Internet take over, many of them put their hope in all these Jamb Expo internet stuff!
- my junior bro prepared for this jamb like a mad man, he locked up his phone, Bs2 games, Gadgets in a box untoched for over two months.
He reads all throught the nights and then sleep in the morning.
He got this recent Jamb 287.
So happy for him, cooked a hot Nsala soup with for him the day he showed me his result. Lol

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
Larid:

Hey man, too bad, I feel your pain but 230 is a good score, what's your course choice?
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!
Internet take over, many of them put their hope in all these Jamb Expo internet stuff!
- my junior bro prepared for this jamb like a mad man, he locked up his phone, Bs2 games, Gadgets in a box untoched for over two months.
So happy for him, cooked a hot nsala soup with fish for him. Lol
Bs2?

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Bishops10(m): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
lol....When I saw 47 in English my best subject ,I was like Wtf?...The worst of all is that I was even helping others to answer the same English .....Jamb is a Scam

Going back to do my HNDundecided

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
SherlockWayne007:
Bs2?
that game that boys love playing on a screen, its like football. Its Bs2 na.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by azeecoboy(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oghumu1:
This not a paper and pencil exam that you will complain of been cheated. Its a computer based exam, and all the answers had been programmed inside unless they programmed the wrong answers for the options, so whatever jamb gives you is from the computer not from them. Concerning the +40 marks, I guess it was due to complains about no standby electricity or poor network coverage but they just decided to compensate them. GIGO (garbage In garbage out)
bro that aint totally true.
jamb initially decided to use one anti guess software,abi wetin dem dey call am,whereby if u click on an answer and decided to change it maybe due to mistake,the software would count that as guessing,thereby it marks u negatively asin Deducting marks.
so its like jamb later realize it went all wrong so they decide to use that 40marks as compensation.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!

I heard to retrieve the phones of my junior sister and restrcited the number of hours spent in front of the television, past questions, lessons and late night reading and practice. She wrote exam same date and smashed 285, I don't know where all this jamb cheat me and solidarity chants are coming from. The truth is most young people spend a whole lot of their time on the internet and social media, doing crap, they need to plan their time well, notwithstanding it's possible there were some errors but how come some people passed, and of course many are just be looking for justifications for their awful performance

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Just imagine .. Jamb marked me 95/100 in biology and scored me 35/100 in english,...
NOTE : I have never scored below 60 in any english exams oo..
Jamb ehn !!.. The thunder that will fire you is eating eba and ogbono
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by cliper230(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Larid:
the addition of 40 mark is it truth because my boy wrote his on 29th the text he got was 199 but still now they have not add the addtional 40mark to his scores.his score still remain 199
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Nah... It's PS2
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Codyt(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Stop right there. What do you mean you were expecting to pass? Unless you had expo before the exam?

Keep in mind that you may have answered the questions wrongly.....

P.S: Maybe we have to go back to the good old days....when people wrote WASC O and A level.

Only those who passed WASC O level at a certain level (not 5 credits!)....went to A level....and only those who passed A level at a certain cutoff went to University.
You've veered Totally off point. What in the world are you saying now. Msteew undecided

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by dkronicle(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
Literature in english student, did u read d books u saw on ur cbt ? Cos I saw different once from jamb syllables.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2016
Codyt:

You've veered Totally off point. What in the world are you saying now. Msteew undecided

When doing an exam it is very easy to think that you have passed...when the marking scheme says otherwise.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by azeecoboy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!
So happy for him, cooked a hot Nsala soup with for him the day he showed me his result. Lol
aunty,i no fit agree with u on this o.
ask those who wrote on feb 27,29 and march1.
maybe ur bro is lucky to be part of the candidate that weren't affected
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by html14java(f): 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
The first UTME.
JUST THE FIRST UTME.

Buhari and his men are succeeding in destroying everything jonathan and his cabinet made to bring Nigeria to world class.

Am danm tired of this entity called Nigeria.

LETS DIVIDE, BIKO
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
rychard:

I heard to retrieve the phones of my junior sister and restrcited the number of hours spent in front of the television, past questions, lessons and late night reading and practice. She wrote exam same date and smashed 285, I don't know where all this jamb cheat me and solidarity chants are coming from. The truth is most young people spend a whole lot of their time on the internet and social media, doing crap, they need to plan their time well, notwithstanding it's possible there were some errors but how come some people passed, and of course many are just be looking for justifications for their awful performance

Mr man, it's not all Internet Active students that aren't hardworking, I could bet your sis isn't half as good as some guys I know who got below 200 due to JAMB's incompetence!. So next time come up with a more Sensible Hypothesis! this one is totally Bizarre!.
one more thing, Your sis is "lucky". if the irregularities has affected her, You'll be the one screaming, shouting and crying here like a lost child!.

7 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Oghumu1(m): 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
azeecoboy:
bro that aint totally true.
jamb initially decided to use one anti guess software,abi wetin dem dey call am,whereby if u click on an answer and decided to change it maybe due to mistake,the software would count that as guessing,thereby it marks u negatively asin Deducting marks.
so its like jamb later realize it went all wrong so they decide to use that 40marks as compensation.
If that's what happened then jamb have gone nuts, but how did u get to know?? I've not heard of it
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
rychard:

you see.
Truth is that the Jamb Internet Expo many of them hoped on Failed woefully, Reading habit iz going down.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Geofavor(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Lol. Bs2 kor, Cs2 nii. grin

it is "P" not B. PS2.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by azeecoboy(m): 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oghumu1:

If that's what happened then jamb have gone nuts, but how did u get to know?? I've not heard of it
jamb said that before the commencement of the egzam!
jamb need to get rectified!!!
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
you see.
Truth is that the Jamb Internet Expo many of them hoped on Failed woefully, Reading habit iz going down.

At this stage, I'm tempted to To correct your myopic reasoning!.. for Heaven's sake your bro passed and was "lucky"he wasn't affected by the Storm, doesn't mean all those affected are cheats!.. Sister Try thinking deep enough before posting comments!. It would do the world alotta good!. #Adults_Acting_like_kids!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Man Makes It Rain: Sprays Money On Girlfriend As She Graduates / Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.