Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,960 members, 7,838,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! (30225 Views)

UNIBEN To Refund Money Paid By Post-UTME 2016 Candidates / Know The Institutions That Their Post UTME 2016/2017 Forms Are Out / Dates And Schedules For JAMB UTME 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Larid: 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
DoctorTim:

Bros, with this your big big Grammar wey u dey speak you sure say no be mercenary u be? Abi u Don finish uni and service for another place you wan come go back unilag! Because I can't believe that a secondary school leaver composed this text. Jamb suppose give u 390 sef.
.. I am an under-G AND I AVE LEARNT HW TO SPEAK and write dis grammers all thanks to ADAMS COLLEGE
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Vanpascore(m): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Prof Dibu got it wrong this time around. He has dashed out the respect people had for him. He failed and he is planning for cancellation of JAMB, which i will not support. He gave some additional mark, while some were nt given anything, most students were complaining that they had least mark in d subject they did very well, and very high mark in the ones they just managed to submit, now that the prof is getting it wrong, i want all meaningful nigerians to call for Dibu's resignation and prosecution, for jeopardizing out standard JAMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Abeg some one should help me out , i wrote JAMB since 2nd march and we in 5th march.... no result yet!!!!
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Cmiller(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
acenazt:
Every jamb from 27th to 29th feb was a hit back 2 back. We encountered some hitches and glitches and were compensated with 40 marks. So oga o.p if its the extra 40 u want Come and collect it. JAMB TI TAKE OVER
lol.....i actually thought that you were refering to tha headies but it was just theJAMBIES
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Psalm18: 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!
The raw truth is that many students now are not reading.
Internet take over, many of them put their hope in all these Jamb Expo internet stuff!
- my junior bro prepared for this jamb like a mad man, he locked up his phone, Bs2 games, Gadgets in a box untoched for over two months.
He reads all throught the nights and then sleep in the morning.
He got this recent Jamb 287.
So happy for him, cooked a hot Nsala soup with for him the day he showed me his result. Lol

dont generalize; its like me saying all igbos are money grubbers; you will feel offended am sure. think deeply about the issues here; candidates complained of centres where power failure occurred while writing jamb, they complained of computers logging out while still attempting questions, JAMB itself has acknowledged that there were problems surrounding the examinations. your brother worked hard and was fortunate to be in a center without ict challenges; candidates with lesser scores that experienced jamb failure regarding their centers need their voices heard and remedy made for them.not all young people are playing and wasting time on the internet.
I wrote my jamb over fifteen years now but I dont support situations where young people are made hostage to a failure of administration. Finally what you did is like blaming people going for nysc that have accident on the road for not working their posting or tagging all unemployed youths as lazy people that cannot work.

4 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by 01Mysticdon(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Am not complaining
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by chidexxy007(m): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
J
J for Jamb.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by orikzz(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
The real truth behind this thread is the 40marks jamb gave out take it or leave it..candidates of 27&29 protested about d bad conducts of the exam nd low scores ..cool jamb added 40marks ..NOTE:no body protested after dat 40marks ..that showed that they were actually satisfied.. Afta dt jamb recorded no complain about d exam condition again
Then cos of the fact dat some are scored low and did not gt any 40 marks dats y u guys are complaining..

And lets stop all these nonsense sayings for instance
"my friend dat dont know book or my friend dat did not read always refer to yourself nd not oda pple ..u guys dont have d same heads and luck..nd perhaps dey might be reading nd u dont know..

anoda one is d fake rumor of someone dat scored 399 and pple just carry d mata for head like gala ..lets try mind our business nd stop jealousy

I dont support JAMB but HUMAN NEEDS ARE INSATIABLE..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by INTERMAN: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!
Internet take over, many of them put their hope in all these Jamb Expo internet stuff!
- my junior bro prepared for this jamb like a mad man, he locked up his phone, Bs2 games, Gadgets in a box untoched for over two months.
So happy for him, cooked a hot Nsala soup with for him the day he showed me his result. Lol
You can see that u are getting crazy. We are saying JAMB mark down those who sat for the exam on Feb 27 and 29th and eventually dashed out 40 marks to compensate them for their own error. And u are here spitting rubbish and jargons. Go and have some senses.If that ur bro had done it those 2 days I bet you he won't av scored up to 120. Nonsense! idiotic post

5 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by sidneyj(m): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
rychard:

I heard to retrieve the phones of my junior sister and restrcited the number of hours spent in front of the television, past questions, lessons and late night reading and practice. She wrote exam same date and smashed 285, I don't know where all this jamb cheat me and solidarity chants are coming from. The truth is most young people spend a whole lot of their time on the internet and social media, doing crap, they need to plan their time well, notwithstanding it's possible there were some errors but how come some people passed, and of course many are just be looking for justifications for their awful performance
Mr and Mrs.. Please read carefully.. your son/bro getting good score doesn't mean the70% complaining did not read and study... for jamb to start giving out free 40 additional mark, something went wrong..

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by orikzz(m): 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
INTERMAN:
You can see that u are getting crazy. We are saying JAMB mark down those who sat for the exam on Feb 27 and 29th and eventually dashed out 40 marks to compensate them for their own error. And u are here spitting rubbish and jargons. Go and have some senses.If that ur bro had done it those 2 days I bet you he won't av scored up to 120. Nonsense! idiotic post
Bro get diz thing right ..Those that are complaining are not the ones that wrote on 27&29..But those that didn't benefit from 40marks..GBAM!
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by bobojoshua(m): 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
acenazt:
Every jamb from 27th to 29th feb was a hit back 2 back. We encountered some hitches and glitches and were compensated with 40 marks. So oga o.p if its the extra 40 u want Come and collect it. JAMB TI TAKE OVER
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
orikzz:
Bro get diz thing right ..Those that are complaining are not the ones that wrote on 27&29..But those that didn't benefit from 40marks..GBAM!

another Immatured adult!... Mr Man, it's not everyone that has your kind of Abderian thinking, No one is asking for extra 40marks here, Everyone wants a remark and Review of the results cos most of the results Jamb gave out are not The reflections of the true performances of students in that exam!..
Next time Please try as much as possible not to generalize your own unreasonable thinking!. Not everyone is as greedy as you are!

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by orikzz(m): 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Tholuwaniey:

another Immatured adult!... Mr Man, it's not everyone that has your kind of Abderian thinking, No one is asking for extra 40marks here, Everyone wants a remark and Review of the results cos most of the results Jamb gave out are not The reflections of the true performances of students in that exam!..
Next time Please try as much as possible not to generalize your own unreasonable thinking!. Not everyone is as greedy as you are!
Hello Sir..jamb introduced anti guessing software dat reduce ability of students to guess...Did any one relate this to their results??
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
orikzz:
Hello Sir..jamb introduced anti guessing software dat reduce ability of students to guess...Did any one relate this to their results??

Now you just thought like an adult,.. The issue here is, the software seems to be working Inversely (Against) it's original purpose, It was supposed to reduce guessing rate, But students who Guessed through the exam and performed poorly we're gifted high marks.. 260+ and theyre even shocked!..

those that solved and read, and did well in the. exams considering their intellectual abilities and did all the necessary things were marked down!.. (160, 170 ).
This means someone isn't doing something right!. there's a scam somewhere and this exams should be reviewed or at least remarked!...
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by JOACHINpedro: 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Pls people should stop posting rubbish here... Because your sib scored high in jamb authomaticaly makes the rest dullards, if nt me,many sacrified alot for this jamb,i made Library my companion 4rm last year,the day i wrote post utme in UNN,6hrs of intensed reading daily,i attented extra lessons,for crying out loud i solved the p-query till the end severally,made reference to some with britania encyclopaedia...then in the hall,i scattered phy,chem,bio bt couldn't finish eng bcause of few unseen questions...most people in my neighbourhood that saw my effort were so eager to hear my score...i felt ashamed when i saw 227...phy 42,eng 58,bio 74, ...infact i get more furious when i see any JAMB thread. sad but all the same glory be to God...

MODIFIED
I just heard from a reliable source that if a candidate's system powers off when the time is not due,if it is restarted the result wil be faulty. That might be wat happened in my case, my computer triped off,bt it was rebooted. So that their Anti-guess worked against me! My previous saved ans were resaved shocked ... Candidates writing dis week should take note. And JAMB should stop that Anti-guess thing,we understand you want a fair exam withawt malpractice,i do too,infact esp me,but we are in NIGERIA,a developing country,nothing is stable here, some centers weren't equipped with stable facilities in other to prevent system failure.. Well, i guess it is high tym i stopped ranting and prepare for post utme
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by orikzz(m): 11:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
Tholuwaniey:

Now you just thought like an adult,.. The issue here is, the software seems to be working Inversely (Against) it's original purpose, It was supposed to reduce guessing rate, But students who Guessed through the exam and performed poorly we're gifted high marks.. 260+ and theyre even shocked!..

those that solved and read, and did well in the. exams considering their intellectual abilities and did all the necessary things were marked down!.. (160, 170 ).
This means someone isn't doing something right!. there's a scam somewhere and this exams should be reviewed or at least remarked!...
Sir Anti-guessing dosent mean u wont guess any answer..but it means wen u have choosed a particular option nd it has been saved...u going again to change it cos of doubt will definitely have effect on their scores...so its not about guessing bt changing answers.... GBAM
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by orikzz(m): 11:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by MissJayne(f): 12:00am On Mar 06, 2016
azeecoboy:
aunty,i no fit agree with u on this o. ask those who wrote on feb 27,29 and march1. maybe ur bro is lucky to be part of the candidate that weren't affected

No, it's 27,28 and 29. The candidates for 1st March aren't complaining
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by JOACHINpedro: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2016
MissJayne:

No, it's 27,28 and 29.
The candidates for 1st March aren't complaining
i wrote on 3rd and i'm complaining o..i dnt nid there +40 marks.they should give me my real score chikina

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Damfostopper(m): 12:42am On Mar 06, 2016
Bishops10:
lol....When I saw 47 in English my best subject ,I was like Wtf?...The worst of all is that I was even helping others to answer the same English .....Jamb is a Scam

Going back to do my HNDundecided
same thing happened to me last year..... I wrote jamb cbt... I was very sure of English n biology.... Since am good in it.... Was just flowing with them since many questions were repeated from past questions.... And in chemistry n physic... I didn't know all.... But when results was sent via sms to me.... I noticed that physic and chemistry that I didn't finish.... I had 70 n 80 respectively while English n biology in which I was sure of.... I was given 44 n 30 totaling 224....i kept quiet n prepared hard for post pume..... In post pume in uniuyo.... We were given 10 questions each in d four subjects.... Each having 10marks totaling 100marks..... All wat I read enter.... I was just ticking with ease...i was expecting not less than 350....since I was going for medicine . When d result was out... I was given 203....i was angry.... Why 203....when each question carried 10marks..... It should av been either 200 or 210........ N later we were told to recheck that dey av added marks that there was error ..... I saw 250....n when I supplemented to biochemistry...... I was given mumu Forestry..... I spit on them..... Went back to complete my HND....... Education system here is pathetic
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:49am On Mar 06, 2016
Jamb fall my hand this year.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Damfostopper(m): 12:53am On Mar 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!
What's this one saying...... Some people brain are fast in catching..... They don't need to switch off their gadgets for 2 months.... So sir/madam...... Dats not wat is meant here..... Some scores doesn't reflect what some people who prepared well expected...... Receive sense

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nemeks23(m): 2:22am On Mar 06, 2016
On the day dat i wrote, I spoted two wrong question that i'm sure of and i can prove it from textbook...

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by AyoolaIgwe(m): 3:34am On Mar 06, 2016
FredBloggs:
Anyways my little cousin got 252 sha. I'm happy for him. At least e go agree say i good pass am when i do my own! That little boy, always testing my knowledge.
wot did u get wen u did urz?
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by goshen26: 5:20am On Mar 06, 2016
This jamb is synonymous to NIS scam. Scam.everywhere lipsrsealed
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by phoebebrayan: 5:59am On Mar 06, 2016
I wrote my exam on the first of march and i am yet to receive my result, what do i do?
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by persius555(m): 6:39am On Mar 06, 2016
Maybe JAMB should go back to pen and paper so that exam malpractise would be the order of the day. Nigerians are nigeria's problem. Yes, JAMB cbt is very poor as regards organisation. But we should remember that our fraudulent attitude as citizens of this nation pushed jamb to adopt cbt. Now, my cousin reads and prepares for his exam instead of pinning his hope on some fraudulent miracle centre. He scored 203 and he believes he can do better if the exam can be properly organised without un-necessary delays tht presently characterises jamb.

Instead of criticizing jamb, lets force them to put their house in order and prepare its facilities ahead of future exams. We are here because we put ourselves in this position. If students would go into the exam and put in their best without relying on question leakages, nobody would be talking of cbt.

Just MHO.
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 06, 2016
Seriously jamb has to remark because i cant jux keep imagining d score they sent me, esp in math after i tok my time to answerd them and i even go tru dm agn to b sure, dere is no way i can score blw 40 evn wen i do answr past qestn, let alone dos statistics qestn i saw dat day, lol were is d almighty jamb i used to know, has d mighty fallen! Jamb may fall me but my God wot he would verdicate me, cos my effort n sweat cant go dwn d drain! Read at nite esp dos period wen d weda was extremely hot. He is a God of justice, dy hav't taken my brain. eida jamb rectify deir mstk or work harder in postume,, dis one prof dibu wana get rid of putme lolz, i cant imagine wat wod hapen by dn cus studen will jux start commiting suicide being dat jamb wod b d oly last busstop 4 admission, God hlp ur children o, or is it because senate made d validity of jamb 3yrs n d price 2 N2,500, lol
lets keep our finger crosed n hope 4 d best
Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Lawrhead: 7:04am On Mar 06, 2016
#remarkjamb2016

1 Like

Re: UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! by Lawrhead: 7:07am On Mar 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
RUBBISH!
Am quite sure your brother didn't write his exam on Feb 27 or 29.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities / Olabisi Onabanjo University,ago Iwoye Post Ume / Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.