Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" (2953 Views)

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
It has become a norm for Christians or believers all around the world to end their prayers with the name Jesus.

But where we have seen many use the acronym IJN especially when they write,we have heard many end their prayers with "in Jesus name" while very few use the words "in Jesus Christ name...so we ask, which is most effective? are they all the same? Is there anywhere in the Bible that distinctively suggests which one to use?

But before we take a look at these options, lets take a quick background look of how the name JESUS came to be.

The name Jesus is an English form of the original Ancient Aramaic word Yeh-shu-ah which is a contracted form of Yehoshu'a better known as Jesus the anointted one

In essence, the history of the name made us understand that his real name is Jesus Christ and with that "christ" added,it totally singles him out as christ(the anointed one) and not just any Jesus which can be any other person who bears the name.

[b]1.When you use the acronym "IJN" you certainly don't need to be told that you are not only disrespecting that name but making a total mockery of the name because IJN could mean anything that rhymes with that acronym so this must be stopped immediately so when next you want to write,please write in full and stop making mockery of the anointed name.

2.For those who pray in the name of Jesus i can boldly say that while in your mind you could believe that you are praying in the name of Jesus the anointed one who died and rose again,i strongly suggest you do the right thing by calling out the name of the specific Jesus you mean because there are many other people bearing that name Jesus and you just might be calling out to one of them.

When you just use "in the name of Jesus" Its like calling an incomplete name..like calling out John in the midst of thousands of johns and even when you know the one you are calling,you need to be more specific if you want to catch the attention of the John you are reaching out to.

3.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST(messiah) is the most ideal and realistic way to pray because there is only one Jesus and no other one on earth,under the earth or in heaven who is the messiah and that bears this original Ancient Aramaic word Yeshua (THE ANOINTED ONE OF GOD)[/b]

The translated bibles only use the name Jesus because of the years of translation but the real original name of Jesus is Yeshua(The messiah.the anointed one,the christ).

Yes we know that the name Jesus is translated to different names in many languages but whichever name he is called in your language,always ensure you add christ to the name you use to make it distinctive.

I hope with this eye opener, we believers will hence forth start praying the right way and will always use In the name of Jesus Christ to end our prayers as that name clearly calls out to the messiah,the anointed one who came to die for us,the anointed son of GOD whose name is above every other name...GLORY HONOR,POWER AND MAJESTY BE UNTO JESUS CHRIST FOREVER MORE..AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by ozy4christ(f): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2016
Both works but it depends on your motive,remember some people do answer jesus,like i said, it depends on ur motive
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
ozy4christ:
Both works but it depends on your motive,remember some people do answer jesus,like i said, it depends on ur motive

You still need to call the name the way it should.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by donswaga: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
The two is the same thing. they have no meaning in English language.
The original name is yehshuah which means salvation.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Swissheart(f): 4:23am On Mar 06, 2016
So, in Jesus Christ name we have prayed.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by lonelydora: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2016
Good one advice but it both still works for me.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2016
Swissheart:
So, in Jesus Christ name we have prayed.

A very big Amen.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 7:41am On Mar 06, 2016
donswaga:
The two is the same thing.

they have no meaning in English language.

The original name is yehshuah which means salvation.

And you say they have no meaning yet your last paragraph gave a meaning.

You try.

Anyways,just as you wrote..he is not just one Jesus but he is our salvation,our messiah,the anointed one,the christ.

So when next you want to pray please use the name Jesus our salvation which means in the name of Jesus our saviour!..which is same as JESUS CHRIST.

We have jesus of oyingbo and we have agege Jesus but we have only one Jesus the christ.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Flexherbal(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2016
C'est la meme chose. It is the same thing.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 7:49am On Mar 06, 2016
Flexherbal:
C'est la meme chose. It is the same thing.

Very true.

type the urls

www.nairaland.com and www.nairaland.org and see what comes up.

If its not Jesus christ then it can never be.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2016
stainlex:
I don't think it matters...

Well, that's by the way,
Please Nairalanders, in the spirit of Mother's say, kindly do me a favor by liking this photo of an amazing woman on INSTAGRAM and tagging your friends as well! Thanks a million people! Don't stop tagging! I'm counting on you guys to make her dreams a reality by liking the post and getting as many people to like as possible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCc-bgLFIeI/

I just liked this page below..i believe they are the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCc-bgLFIe2
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by stainlex(m): 8:04am On Mar 06, 2016
Toks2008:

I just liked this page below..i believe they are the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCc-bgLFIe2

The one you posted isn't opening o. Instagram says it doesn't exist.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 8:17am On Mar 06, 2016
stainlex:

The one you posted isn't opening o. Instagram says it doesn't exist.

Lol..just passing a rethorical message.

So Apparently Jesus and Jesus christ are not the same....there are many Jesus but there is only one Jesus christ.

I will try to create an IG account so that i can like your page...happy sunday.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by stainlex(m): 8:20am On Mar 06, 2016
Toks2008:

Lol..just passing a rethorical message.

So Apparently Jesus and Jesus christ are not the same....there are many Jesus but there is only one Jesus christ.

I will try to create an IG account so that i can like your page...happy sunday.

Lol.. grin
Got me there!
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by babyfaceafrica: 9:46am On Mar 06, 2016
Its just a state of Mind....God will still answer you whichever one you pray with...HE is not petty like humans!!!
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2016
babyfacerica:
Its just a state of Mind....God will still answer you whichever one you pray with...HE is not petty like humans!!!

issorite
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by DrWillie(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
I totally agree with you. I thought I was the only one thinking this way. With the rate of vodoo and fetishes in our society it is very possible the Jesus some pastors are calling when they pray is not Christ. You have to be specific as people answer Jesus and you could be calling anyone else.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 7:33am On Mar 13, 2016
DrWillie:
I totally agree with you. I thought I was the only one thinking this way. With the rate of vodoo and fetishes in our society it is very possible the Jesus some pastors are calling when they pray is not Christ. You have to be specific as people answer Jesus and you could be calling anyone else.

Glad to know that you see sense in this.

Lalasticlala i believe this will be an eye opener for many.

Happy sunday.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by kristen12(f): 8:17am On Mar 13, 2016
I've been praying in Jesus name ( without mentioning Christ) and God has been answering my prayers.

What you believe in, works for you.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2016
If it is not Jesus the christ,it can as well be Jesus the famous footballer.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 9:06am On Mar 13, 2016
kristen12:
I've been praying in Jesus name ( without mentioning Christ) and God has been answering my prayers.

What you believe in, works for you.

Definitely.

The bible says all things are possible to him that believe...so apparently if i pray in the name of Marijuana and i believe,i will definitely get results.

Neverthess this is really not about your believe but its about doing things the rifgt way.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by firstking01(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2016
Toks2008:
It has become a norm for Christians or believers all around the world to end their prayers with the name Jesus.

But where we have seen many use the acronym IJN especially when they write,we have heard many end their prayers with "in Jesus name" while very few use the words "in Jesus Christ name...so we ask, which is most effective? are they all the same? Is there anywhere in the Bible that distinctively suggests which one to use?

But before we take a look at these options, lets take a quick background look of how the name JESUS came to be.

The name Jesus is an English form of the original Ancient Aramaic word Yeh-shu-ah which is a contracted form of Yehoshu'a or JOSHUA. better known as Jesus Christ

In essence, the history of the name made us understand that his real name is Jesus Christ and with that "christ" added,it totally singles him out as christ(the anointed one) and not just any Jesus which can be any other person who bears the name.

[b]1.When you use the acronym "IJN" you certainly don't need to be told that you are not only disrespecting that name but making a total mockery of the name because IJN could mean anything that rhymes with that acronym so this must be stopped immediately so when next you want to write,please write in full and stop making mockery of the anointed name.

2.For those who pray in the name of Jesus i can boldly say that while in your mind you could believe that you are praying in the name of Jesus the anointed one who died and rose again,i strongly suggest you do the right thing by calling out the name of the specific Jesus you mean because there are many other people bearing that name Jesus and you just might be calling out to one of them.

When you just use "in the name of Jesus" Its like calling an incomplete name..like calling out John in the midst of thousands of johns and even when you know the one you are calling,you need to be more specific if you want to catch the attention of the John you are reaching out to.

3.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST(messiah) is the most ideal and realistic way to pray because there is only one Jesus and no other one on earth,under the earth or in heaven who is the messiah and that bears this original Ancient Aramaic word Yeshua (THE ANOINTED ONE OF GOD)[/b]

The translated bibles only use the name Jesus because of the years of translation but the real original name of Jesus is Yeshua(The messiah.the anointed one,the christ).

Yes we know that the name Jesus is translated to different names in many languages but whichever name he is called in your language,always ensure you add christ to the name you use to make it distinctive.

I hope with this eye opener, we believers will hence forth start praying the right way and will always use In the name of Jesus Christ to end our prayers as that name clearly calls out to the messiah,the anointed one who came to die for us,the anointed son of GOD whose name is above every other name...GLORY HONOR,POWER AND MAJESTY BE UNTO JESUS CHRIST FOREVER MORE..AMEN.
my brother, weather it is in jesus name or jesus christ name, they are one thing, hope you are not posting this confused peopleundecided
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by lepasharon(f): 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2016

Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 6:38am On Apr 17, 2016
firstking01:
my brother, weather it is in jesus name or jesus christ name, they are one thing, hope you are not posting this confused peopleundecided

I never wrote that it is wrong but im talking about getting more specific.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
Jesus is a name anyone can bear but There is only one Jesus who is the Christ.
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 11:42am On Jun 05, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by otemanuduno: 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Toks2008:

The name Jesus is an English form of the original Ancient Aramaic word Yeh-shu-ah which is a contracted form of Yehoshu'a better known as Jesus the anointted one

Your own name can even work better than the name of Jesus.

According to the BOOK OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, Faulkin(Jesus) the son of Nymphidis(Jehovah) has scammed the whole world to make them think that his name has special powers attached to it.

Read Deorum 21:1-31

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

1. Now after about a year did Knoliud visit the lands which were around Niger. And he said, O you dwellers of these land, blessed are you. For in you shall rise an Otem, who shall defeat the lies of Faulkin.
2. Rejoice, O meanders of Niger. Rejoice! For the Lord has chosen this place to make the truth known to the world. For Otem shall be born to defeat the greatest lies that has ever congealed. He shall be born in the land where Niger shall meet with Chadda.
3. Niger, most blessed of all rivers. And all the lands you flow through, they shall benefit greatly from your profit. Eartum, the god of truth has brought upon you a son. Celebrate for your sorrows shall come to an end.
4. When the beliefs of Nymphidis and Largas shall come into your midst to divide you, then shall Otem rise. And the beliefs shall be made low for the truth to stand. The truth shall trample them under like a mortar crushes the yams.
[b] 5. Now arise, prepare to publish the truth of the universe to all the world. For Otem has risen and all the prophets of Yeshua shall bow. They shall hear and they shall be cold in their hearts, for the time to scatter their powers has come. And they shall try their hypnotic power on the people again, but it shall not work, because all their sheep are fully at alert.
6. Now shall the people of the lands around Niger say, it is time to see if the priests of Nymphidis are true indeed. It is time to test the name of Faulkin to see if it is real or not. And they shall see the visions of Faulkin but they shall believe it no more.
7. Then shall they say, we have seen enough visions for more than a century, now it is time to see the manifestations. Then shall they gather the real lame people in the streets and the real blind people on the road and the amputees and the epileptics.
8. And they shall say, let us go to the sanctuary of Krish and to the synagogue of Jehoshua. Let us also visit the campground of Enorach and of Wilhelm. Let us forget not to visit the tabernacle of Daoud and the place of Suleman the homo who prophesies doom. Let us go to the gathering of Lazarus and the place of the black Daniel which is false.
9. And the people shall say, if these sick we bring to their sanctuaries are not cured of their diseases and healed of their lameness and blindness, then shall we depart from the camps of these prophets of Yahweh forever. And we shall hate them with everlasting hatred if they did not confess to us, saying, the people we put on the chairs as the lame in our displays are only paid to act according to our directives; And the people who declared that they had healing had only been paid to do so. And the people who fell down, rolling on the floor with loud voices had been hypnotised by us.
10. And the shame of the people who called themselves holy and are not shall be so grave. And all the lies of Eusebius, the father of liars shall be exposed and made known in all lands.
11. For truly I tell you, Eusebius is he who shall compile all the lies of Faulkin and shall bind it with a spell, saying, whoever shall rise to put my religion to shame, let him be suppressed. Shall he not confront the Otems with his swords to make them almost believe his threats?
12. But I say, no, it shall not take long before the Otems shall know who he really was. Eusebius, the friend of a murderer and a murderer himself also.
13. And the words given to Otem shall overcome the falsehood of both Jehoshua and Eusebius. And the falsehood of Murhamid shall bow also, because the prophecy of Daniel shall gain ground. For Daniel had said, the dominion of Domino shall be an everlasting dominion.
14. And the name of Reverad shall be reverenced forever. And the counting of times shall remain to be Anno Domini, which is the name of our God who reigns in his Anystenx and no one knew it. [/b]
15. Now when they of the lands around Niger heard this, they said, when shall these things happen? And he said, you shall have sold your gods out before this shall be done.
16. Give ears, o people of Niger. Give ears O children of the blessed land flowing with liquid power, when you have known the truth, burn off the books of Nymphidis in your possessions, for they are the cause of all your hypnotisms and poverty and limitations.
17. Are they not also the causes of your nightmares, which things you see and run into their sanctuaries for prayers. And you thought you have been delivered?
18. Again, I say to Niger and the offsprings of it, arise and set up a legacy for yourself. For after Egypt shall be your land among the wise countries of the lands of Murmoh. Then when they shall meditate, doing a strong meditation, they shall get answers to many of their problems in a few years, which they did not get from the first day of the birth of their parents till the days Otem began to establish the kingdom of Reverad.
19. Let him who has brain in his skull ponder upon this. It is the truth that sets free, not the lies of Faulkin which puts one in bondage.
20. Let the people of this land dig for treasures beneath their land. For the treasures beneath shall sustain the homos above. Truly, river Niger is the possession of Eartum and he shall bless it with great blessings. And many shall come from the east and from the west and from the north and from the south of all nations, saying, where is the beginning of this river? And where does it end.
21. And they shall learn from the writings of Mungus, who shall be the first of all homos to find the beginning and the end of it. Then shall they come and say, we have heard of this river and we have come to see it.
22. And they shall take of the waters of the river called Niger to take to their lands. And the spirit of Eartum shall be with them to help them whenever they had done much meditations. And it shall be that anyone who takes up the waters of Niger shall be blessed with a better brain.
23. Is the pool of Siloam in the land of Nymphidis not also a great pool for the cure of the people? Yes, it was the pool of the sons of God which they made the day they all agreed to be united.
24. And I declare upon Niger also that which I had declared unto the pool of Siloam, saying, let there be peace in you. And you shall flow forever like I had also declared upon the Nile in Egypt, saying, O Nile, blessed of Knoliud, no urim shall work upon you to dry you up. And you shall flow forever until Reverad shall make changes to nature as he wished.
25. Now O waters of Niger, let your ripples be a blessing to all who made their abode about you; to the east and the west and the south and the north.
26. Now in the world to come, when the oils in this land shall lose its value, and the people shall be thrown into great depth, then shall Niger arise to help them. And in your lands shall many come to see its waves and its ripples and shall make an everlasting study of it.
27. I, Knoliud, the knowledge of Reverad had spoken all these and no homo shall reverse it.
28. Now Aluna, the daughter of god which dwelt on the mountain called Gondwana said, my Lord, when shall all these things come to being? And Knoliud said, it shall be long, because they which shall be the oils for this land are yet living.
29. If there is no falling away and decay, there can never be oils. But I say, even a great land shall be formed, which shall be called Gondwana. And the name of your mountain shall they borrow to name the land.
30. And I tell you, O Aluna, even you shall have left this planet for the moon before it shall be fulfilled. And you shall control the moon until Sol shall be angry at you. Then shall you be gone to be with the moons of the gasland.
31. Then Aluna said, nothing shall make me forsake my people forever. And Knoliud laughed saying, when your people shall forsake you to worship Nymphidis and Largas, you shall also forsake them. This is the knowledge of Knoliud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by 1b8m: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
its wrong to pray with jesus' name. when he taught his disciples to pray, jesus started with abba father. itk naim dey kill humanbeans
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
otemanuduno:
Your own name can even work better than the name of Jesus.

like seriously
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 06, 2016
Seriously people should stop this nonsense of contracting virtually everything just cos we're in the Internet age. Now things are starting to lose their meaning & everything attributed to the word or phrase & Nigerians in particular are fond of following rubbish trends. This sheep mentality is cancerous. It's more hypocrites hiding under umbrellas but who am I to judge undecided
Re: Which is most ideal to use?"IJN,In Jesus name or In the name of Jesus christ" by Toks2008(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
We need to see the views of more people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Identify The Spirit Of Nebuchadnezzar / Feminists Will Never Make Heaven / Questions For Christains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.