Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,627 members, 7,840,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (21216 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Facts About Hell In The Bible / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by victorazy(m): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2016
xage:
How shameful, their Bible doesn't even tell them there's hell, why won't they live anyhow

Try Qur'an, it tells you all these things in clarity and precision

Both heaven and hell is real and you may never believe untill u are in it...too late then to embrace Islam

Try Islam today forget about western ideologies and CNN

Attention seeker, u got my reciprocal.
Revelation 20 u will get the answer.

Quran was photocopied from Bible maybe u don't know, Muhamed come add his own salt and pepe. Embrace Jesus and be saved cuz He is the "only way"

Islam is only focusing on worldly things, how to Islamise the world, marry 7 virgins, marry christian women etc but Christians are of the things of spirit "we don't wrestle with flesh and blood"

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 13, 2016
imohchard:
I think the Bible says that the punishment for sin is death.. Where did hell Come in
When Adam and Eve sinned, God told them that they would die. Not go to hell. Remember that it's them that introduced us to sin. And their punishment is just death.. And if we sinned we get to suffer forever in fiery hell.

Does that make sense?
Remember that God is a God of Justice and justice required that we suffer the same punishment for sin.

Hell definitely is not the Devine punishment for sin.

Or can someone show me hellfire in the whole Bible?

Simply put, the Devine punishment for sin is death.
Jehovah's witness have been exposing false religious teachings since 1800

bro i have seen hellfire in the bible before. That small king James bible but i just cant recall the actual book, chapter or verse. But it was Jesus who was making a statement and he clearly mentioned hellfire in it bro. Problem is, i just cant recall vividly again.

I love J.W very well, infact i attended kingdom hall meetings sometimes (still contemplating March 23rd). Problem started when i read about Russel's miracle wheat seeds and his messy divorce saga his false prophesies.
This is the same route all these other religion u label false ply through. Lol something you guys have plied through before. Hmmmmm wonder why your's aint false too. u don see my wahala ba?

3 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by alvan06(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2016
[Hell is the grave where all men waits for the righteous judgment of God then those whose name is not find in the book of life is now sent to the bottomless pit burning with the fire of God's jealousy,where there is neither grace or repentance,see revelation 21:8.quote author=henrydadon post=43727907]i dont believe hell is real..what i do beleive is that when we die..we all gonna go back to the ground where we came from..hell fire is some bullshit crap [/quote]
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by achi4u(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Yes there's hell but it's only in Africa and Nigeria in particular. Any conditions That Makes you to feel dejected is already a hell.
We Nigerians will never experienced the second hell.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by 69MissedCalls(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
Nenye75:
It is better to live as if there is God and die discovering there is no God than living as if there is no God and die to realise there is God....

word!
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by RotimiBliss: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Nenye75:
It is better to live as if there is God and die discovering there is no God than living as if there is no God and die to realise there is God....

Love your reply, it cost nothing to believe.......all the stone hearted
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Blade21: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2016
Warlord3000:
Won't say a thing

Even though the idea of eternal damnation by a Merciful God kinda sounds contradictory to me..

But wait .. What do I know sef cheesy
yes dear GOD didn't create hell for us it was originally for the devil but whosoever chooses to ignore God and follow the ways of de devil will rot in hell with him
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Megaflex(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2016
after goin thru all d problems and torments of dis world and some god whom they claim created me will still make my sufferings continue because i did nt worship him, evn tho i lived a good lyf while on earth. dat god mst b both heartless, wicked and does nt deserv any worship frm me. god is a myth thrown to us africans to control our minds and keep us under their feet. until we open our eyes and seek knowledge, we will continue bein d white mans slave under d guise of religion. Ask ur pastors intelligent questions abt god and hear their response. live a peaceful lyf and stop being deceivd by some greedy pastors who dont giv a damn abt u bt wot u'v got in ur pocket

3 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Blade21: 11:45am On Mar 13, 2016
Alfred200825:
If my earthly father cannot torture me with fire, I don't think my heavenly father who created both me and my earthly father can try such. I serve a caring and loving God
then live a holy and righteous life becuase when GOD'S LOVE turns to Anger the end is disastrous. Ask Sodom and Gomorrah, ask the children of isreal in Noahs time ETC.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Megaflex(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
xage:
How shameful, their Bible doesn't even tell them there's hell, why won't they live anyhow

Try Qur'an, it tells you all these things in clarity and precision

Both heaven and hell is real and you may never believe untill u are in it...too late then to embrace Islam

Try Islam today forget about western ideologies and CNN
and u think islam is d true religion. my broda ur religion ws decided for u by ur parents five minuets after u were born. d Muslims believ d Christians will go to hell while christians believ d muslims will go to hell. who dafuq do we nw believ?? there mst b thousands of heaven and hell as their are thousands of religion. guy abeg emancipate ur self frm dis mental slavery of d whites
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by IamKollinx(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Miznel:
hell is a Greek word for grave. People die and go to hell otherwise known as grave.
Hmmmm. Nice interpretation
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Wolexdey(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nenye75:

Definitely! There is GOD... THE KING OF kings and THE LORD OF Lords. JESUS REIGNS..
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by IamKollinx(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
I just hate to argue Bible cos I know nothing about it.
I'd better shut up and listen.. wink

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by ozoemenaca: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Don't be deceived hell is real
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by ozoemenaca: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Don't be deceived hell is real repent and believe the Gospel
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by mackhunter77: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Miznel:
hell is a Greek word for grave. People die and go to hell otherwise known as grave.

Jesus used GEHENA to refer to hell....oya interpret am make I hear
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by deborsky(m): 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
What does the Bible say? “For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, . . . for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.” —Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, Revised Standard Version. The Hebrew word Sheol, which referred to the “abode of the dead,” is translated “hell” in some versions of the Bible. What does this passage reveal about the condition of the dead? Do they suffer in Sheol in order to atone for their errors? No, for they “know nothing.” That is why the patriarch Job, when suffering terribly because of a severe illness, begged God: “Protect me in hell [Hebrew, Sheol].” ( Job 14:13 ; Douay-Rheims Version ) What meaning would his request have had if Sheol was a place of eternal torment? Hell, in the Biblical sense, is simply the common grave of mankind, where all activity has ceased. Is not this definition of hell more logical and in harmony with Scripture? What crime, however horrible, could cause a God of love to torture a person endlessly? ( 1 John 4:8 ) But if hellfire is a myth, what about heaven? Compare these Bible verses: Psalm 146:3, 4; Acts 2:25-27; Romans 6:7, 23

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by deborsky(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Who Goes to Hell? The Bible’s answer Hell (“Sheol” and “Hades” in the Bible’s original languages) is simply the grave, not a place of fiery torment. Who go to hell? Both good people and bad people. ( Job 14:13; Psalm 9:17 ) The Bible says that this common grave of mankind is “the house of meeting for everyone living.”— Job 30:23 . Even Jesus went to hell when he died. However, “he was not kept in hell,” because God resurrected him.— Acts 2: 31, 32 , The Bible in Basic English. Is hell eternal? All those who go to hell will come back out, brought to life by Jesus through God’s power. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15 ) Speaking of that future resurrection, the prophecy at Revelation 20:13 says that “death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them.” (King James Version ) Once hell has been emptied, it will no longer exist; no one will ever go there again because “death will be no more.”— Revelation 21:3, 4; 20:14 . Not everyone who dies goes to hell, though. The Bible shows that some people become so steeped in wickedness that they are beyond repentance. (Hebrews 10:26, 27) When such ones die, they go, not to hell, but to Gehenna, which is a symbol of everlasting destruction. (Matthew 5:29, 30) For example, Jesus indicated that some of the hypocritical religious leaders in his day would go to Gehenna.— Matthew 23:27-33 .

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Matthew 25:46
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Psalm 9:17
17 The wicked go down to the realm of the dead, all the nations that forget God.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Matthew 13:50
50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Acts 2:27
27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay.

Mark 9:43
43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

Jude 1:7
7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Proverbs 15:24
24 The path of life leads upward for the prudent to keep them from going down to the realm of the dead.

Matthew 13:42
42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:41
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Revelation 19:20
20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Proverbs 15:11
11 Death and Destruction lie open before the LORD— how much more do human hearts!

Matthew 16:19
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bebound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will beloosed in heaven.”

2 Peter 2:4
4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;

Revelation 20:13-14
13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Matthew 10:28
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by phensbassey: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
Switup:
tell 'em.... #maybe some would open up their hrts.
as a witness I've explained from the scriptures that penalty for sin is death....not hell fire,Romans 6:23

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by bankybobo11: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
boman2014:
Does "Hell" really exist? Is there a "Hell" in the Bible? Hell no!
There is no "Hell" in the Bible!

What is "hell" like, really? Is it located here on earth, or in
some other dimension? Is it real, or a myth? Can the Bible lead
us to the truth?

Where is "hell" first mentioned in the Bible, and
why is it so hard to find in the more accurate modern
translations? Why was the punishment of "hell" never
mentioned to the original sinners―Adam, Eve and Cain―nor to
unbelievers like the Pharaoh who defied God repeatedly?

Are
there Bible verses that clearly describe "hell," explaining its
origins and purpose? Hell no! If you study "hell" in the Bible,
you're in for a long, fruitless search for facts, definitions and
explanations. Why? Because the Hebrew prophets never
mentioned a place where human beings writhe in eternal
torment, gnashing their teeth forever.

Nor did the prophets ever

mention even the possibility of suffering after death. Isn't that
extremely odd, if there really is a hell and God wanted us to
know how to avoid it? The Hebrew Bible (our Old Testament)
mentions a place called Sheol, but as I will demonstrate below
—quoting book, chapter and verse—the Hebrew word Sheol
clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead, good
and bad.

" The same is true in the New Testament, where the
Greek word Hades also clearly means "the grave" or "the
abode of all the dead." Nor does Gehenna mean "hell," as I
explain below. So "hell" is not a biblical teaching at all, but a
harrowing mistranslation used by charlatans to brainwash
believers into forking over their hard-earned money while
obeying commandments they never bothered to observe
themselves.

(It seems hell hath no fury like a hypocritical
moralist out to control other people's behavior.) Unfortunately,
the innocents who suffer most from this hellish dogma are
highly impressionable children who trust their parents, pastors,
youth directors and Sunday School teachers not to mislead
them ...

Go and read the whole of the book of Revelation. Hell is laced with fire and brimstone. Hell is real!
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by phensbassey: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
imohchard:
I think the Bible says that the punishment for sin is death.. Where did hell Come in
When Adam and Eve sinned, God told them that they would die. Not go to hell. Remember that it's them that introduced us to sin. And their punishment is just death.. And if we sinned we get to suffer forever in fiery hell.

Does that make sense?
Remember that God is a God of Justice and justice required that we suffer the same punishment for sin.

they will Neva listen no matter how many times we preach the truth....

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Jeepi(m): 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nenye75:
Remember, the bible says " it is only a FOOL that says there is no GOD", be wise and turn born again oo..for ur own good, Hell is real.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by TPAND(f): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
victorazy:

Point of correction:
The spirit is not what faces judgment but the soul.

Spirit belongs to God, body belongs to earth (soil) and the soul is what is on the line

The spirit is what faces Judgement. God doesn't talk and address the soul of a man. In spirit is how we worship God. After God made man he breathe into him and that breathe is the life which is the spirit of God itself.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Jeepi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
subbieD:
Hell is not a place one should give a seond thought .it is a place one would beg for second Chance and may never get; we have all it takes now to even get a third chance and still make heaven,his love and grace is that abundant. Yes,it is a place where there is absence of God's grace and LOVE.
biko tell them oo, I still wonder how human beings could doubt the existance of hell, the bible doesnt joke with HELL, and it says it clearly, not in parable. there is a hell here on earth, its spiritual, people should start reading the bible very well, it give us clear details. u r blessed.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by TPAND(f): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
seunmsg:

How will the spirit feel the impact of the torment and burning fire?

You need to understand that they body is destroyed. It is the celestial body that faces God not the terrestrial body. Your terrestrial body is destroyed here on earth
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Jeepi(m): 12:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
imohchard:

Does that make sense?

when u see hell fire, then u will undastand what is called reality my dear, be wise and read ur bible very well.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by RuddyFusion(m): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
You can argue...you can say what you think...But tmr shall be too late accept Jesus Now and be saved
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by dallyemmy: 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
popstun:
As a christain..my philosophical answer is.. I believe hell is real but i do not know if it's actually real
It is real! It is a spiritual place! The spiritual is more real than the physical! John4:24
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by oyeludef(m): 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Miznel:
you are wrong. The word hell is called sheol in Hebrew. The only parts of the Bible dat were written in greek were some epistles in d new testament. Most of the Bible were written in Hebrew and Aramaic. Wen Jesus talked about d rich man in hell, it was a place of torment for condemned souls.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by afroxyz: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Your Xtian God created man, instilled in him a sinful nature he knows nothing about and decides to send him to hell after professing he loves him so much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / Why Christians Should Reject The Bill For A Christian Court In Nigeria / Becky And Paul Enenche Celebrate Christmas With Widows, Orphans, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.