Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,792 members, 7,837,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (21208 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Facts About Hell In The Bible / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by damocool(m): 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
bodeemmy:
Hell is not a place of torment. It is a common grave of Mankind. Synonyms to Hell are Grave, Hades and Sheol, commonly used interchangeably in the Bible. If u read King James Version of the Bible Act 2:31. there the bible said Jesus was not left in Hell. the word left shows that he was there before but was forsaken, which shows that Jesus went to Hell i.e he died and was buried in Hell (Grave, Hades or Sheol ).
We all know that Jesus is a perfect Being, so following the general believe about hell that is a place of torment for the wicked will be in sharp contrast to what that account said. If Jesus who is perfect can be said of in the Bible that he was not forsaken in hell, then hell is not a place of torment.
The truth that the bible teach is that; the wages of sin is death ROM 6:23.
God is love, it is impossible for to do that.
the teaching of Hell fire disrespect God, pose God as unloving God.
Even Human can not do such a thing let alone God.

Of course God is so loving but remember what happened in the days of Noah, remember God sent Noah to them to escape for their dear lyfs but they never believed nor heed to him as many are doing today. God offered them life line but they never embraced it.. Sodom and Gomorrah. Remember lot's wife, angels led them out wch could be reminiscent to (JESUS given us lifeline today bn sacrificial lamb to bear the sin of the world) but lot's wife disobeyed the instructions(Bible) not to look back, she turned to pillar of salt(perished) wasn't God loving enough.. What's the essence of Christ death then if we're to die because of sin committed.. The Bible must be fulfilled though, its just the end time prophecies coming into fulfilment...
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by damocool(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Omagzee:

thanks alot, at least someone has seen it too just like me. So we can prove him wrong
We have nothing to prove bro, we should make sure we're not bn swayed by their wrong teachings. people must err from the truth, false teachers must arise, with false teaching.. Last days prophecies and must be fulfilled.. Funny seeing comments on here when it comes to religious issue...
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by subbieD(f): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Jeepi:

biko tell them oo, I still wonder how human beings could doubt the existance of hell, the bible doesnt joke with HELL, and it says it clearly, not in parable. there is a hell here on earth, its spiritual, people should start reading the bible very well, it give us clear details. u r blessed.
Amen ooo
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
FEAR is said to be the Best Motivator in human life. OP, lemme ask yu, do you think many people Would still remain faithful christian if HELL never existed? Most christians are christians because they are SCARED of the Unknown. They are scared of potential witches or Illness or Financial Loss. So they run to church that uses Fear to push them out of their comfort zone, then preach HOPE to calm their fear,lol.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Maximus85(m): 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
If it's a place of torment, then what has Jesus gone to do there? And why did God frowned at the Baal worshipers who sacrificed children in fire?

God is the only God of justice. How can he punish a man for the sin he inherited, and lived for less than 100years with eternity in fire? Is that justice?

Some years back in Lagos, I little house girl stole meat from the pot (she has done something bad and should be punished) but the woman who employed her punished her by bathing her with kerosene and set her ablaze. It is these same us that was cursing this woman that she's a devil, she's this she's that. You re saying God will do this same thing and it's OK? God has given us a sense of reasoning. It's left to us to use it.

Adam and Eve that committed this sin we inherited were never sent to hell. Instead God said "they will return to the dust that they were made from" why will a God of justice now send those that inherited the sin to hell.

Besides, Revelations 20:14 "And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire."

How can grave and death be thrown into the fire if it's a physical fire? Can grave and death suffer? This fire here can never be literal but figurative. This is why the Bible refer to it as the second death. The second death is a death without any hope of resurrection.

First one has to understand the two deaths mentioned in the Bible. I can give you some of where the second death is been mentioned. Please remove any kind hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses from your heart and read from your own Bible. Revelations 20:6, 20:14, 2:11, 21:8, if you understand what the second death is, then you will know what the first death is and why the Bible use fire in place of the second death.

That we don't blv in hell those not mean we don't fear God. We do but the hope of a better future as promised by God is too good to miss. This is why despite all the persecution and insults we have never and will never be derailed in our course. We preach without tiring.

Just give us a listening ears. What are we to gain if we are to deceive you? Will we go through all these troubles just to incur the wrath of God on ourselves?
We are not forcing people to join us. We are not out to be the richest religious organisation in the world, we don't tithe, we donate freely as we have resolved in our hearts not by force. God loves a cheerful giver.

Everything we do are backed by the scripture.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Adeniyimi: 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
lloydpras:
Hell got nothing on me..am a Nigerian am in it already. cool

So u live inside hell? U have a damaged brain why cant u relocate if 9ja is not good for u. Go to Nigeria neighbour country u dont need visa
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Galaxypoduction: 3:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
Quote me back and pm me.
imohchard:
I think the Bible says that the punishment for sin is death.. Where did hell Come in
When Adam and Eve sinned, God told them that they would die. Not go to hell. Remember that it's them that introduced us to sin. And their punishment is just death.. And if we sinned we get to suffer forever in fiery hell.

Does that make sense?
Remember that God is a God of Justice and justice required that we suffer the same punishment for sin.

Hell definitely is not the Devine punishment for sin.

Or can someone show me hellfire in the whole Bible?

Simply put, the Devine punishment for sin is death.
Jehovah's witness have been exposing false religious teachings since 1800
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by haiebeacay(m): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Deadlytruth:
Jesus himself used the parable in which He clearly said that the rich man was inside a fire from where he begged that a drop of water be put into his mouth as the fire was too hot. Jesus also compared unbelievers to grass which will be weeded off and burnt with fire.

Agreed that God can't allow his own children to suffer eternal thermal torment. But then the question is; who are God's children? Not everyone is a child of God even though he created everyone. Did God not use flood to torment his creatures during the time of Noah? Was it not fire God released to burn up 250 men who challenged Moses' authority in Numbers 16: 35?

JW has misled and continued misleading people with their distortions of Bible teachings. If God will really not turture people for sin then there would not have been restraint in doing evil here on earth
Deadlytruth:
Jesus himself used the parable in which He clearly said that the rich man was inside a fire from where he begged that a drop of water be put into his mouth as the fire was too hot. Jesus also compared unbelievers to grass which will be weeded off and burnt with fire.
Agreed that God can't allow his own children to suffer eternal thermal torment. But then the question is; who are God's children? Not everyone is a child of God even though he created everyone. Did God not use flood to torment his creatures during the time of Noah? Was it not fire God released to burn up 250 men who challenged Moses' authority in Numbers 16: 35?
JW has misled and continued misleading people with their distortions of Bible teachings. If God will really not turture people for sin then there would not have been restraint in doing evil here on earth
Deadlytruth:

Agreed that God can't allow his own children to suffer eternal thermal torment. But then the question is; who are God's children? Not everyone is a child of God even though he created everyone. Did God not use flood to torment his creatures during the time of Noah? Was it not fire God released to burn up 250 men who challenged Moses'
authority in Numbers 16: 35?

My questions are : Do you have proof at least one that the people of Noah's day are suffering in fire till date?
Those of sodom and gomorrah nko? The 250men that chose to follow korah to rebel against Moses and several examples like that, do you have proof/proofs that they are burning in fiery furnace till date?
The truth is that Your philosophy of using hell to scare people has done our society more wrong that any good because you have been able to scare people away from God instead of drawing them closer to hi

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by imohchard(m): 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Galaxypoduction:
Quote me back and pm me.

Quoted
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
damocool:

We have nothing to prove bro, we should make sure we're not bn swayed by their wrong teachings. people must err from the truth, false teachers must arise, with false teaching.. Last days prophecies and must be fulfilled.. Funny seeing comments on here when it comes to religious issue...

u garrit!
point is there is 'hellfire' embedded somewhere in the bible contrary to what the first guy i quoted was saying.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by jayAjoku(m): 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Well lemme say this hell is real but no Christian is going to go to hell ...... thats what God has promised in his new convenant . And abba father does not wish for any himan to be there either
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
iliyande:

Best known to God.
grin grin... I want you to link it with the hell fire doctrine..
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by romzyxy(m): 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Warlord3000:
Won't say a thing

Even though the idea of eternal damnation by a Merciful God kinda sounds contradictory to me..

But wait .. What do I know sef cheesy

Lol! you v said so much.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by steveneche(m): 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Fongido:
In the days of Noah when he was telling people to prepare that there would be flooding many doubted when the day came they were unprepared and God told Noah to replace them with animals. that's how that day will be for those who says there's no hell and heaven. it would be too late for atheists.

was that an everlasting torment? Those that died at the time of noah shall still b resurrected to face general judgement.. If there's is hell dat is implies automatic hellfire for dem since they died disobeying God.. This is complicated my broda
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by 989900: 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hell is what religion uses to get you in line, and 'drop'.

"Hell is empty, and all the devils are here!"
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by shine12: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
Warlord3000:
Won't say a thing

Even though the idea of eternal damnation by a Merciful God kinda sounds contradictory to me..

But wait .. What do I know sef cheesy

Question:What kind of a Judge sends a Child murderer or a ritualist to jail when caught?A good judge or a bad Judge.

Question 2:Is it a good Judge who frees someone who murdered His girlfriend?Imagine if someone killed your sister (God forbid) and the Judge said it's ok go home.Is that a good Judge or Bad Judge?

The blood of Jesus is free now that it's available,Once the light is out God is so righteous that he will separate the repentant from the unrepentant souls.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by HighKing01(m): 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
For those who want to be truly saved pls attend d lord chosen charismatic church and be save hell is as really as you!!!
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Fongido(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
steveneche:

was that an everlasting torment? Those that died at the time of noah shall still b resurrected to face general judgement.. If there's is hell dat is implies automatic hellfire for dem since they died disobeying God.. This is complicated my broda
nowadays You log on to a particular site especially on Sunday what you see is some people trying to mislead others by convincing them that there's no heaven and hell. Misinterpreting the Bible. Well I am not surprised.
The Bible says :
Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by seunmsg(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
TPAND:

This is where it gets dicey. But you have to understand that no man can phantom how the spirit is tormented, pains, gnashing of teeth are metaphoric expressions to how the hell fire would be. Your physical body has no business in hell. It is destroyed here on earth and left here.

Know that no man can explain how the torment of the spirit is except God
. Revelation is the holy bible is not interpreted as it is. There are deeper knowledge and understanding to the texts In revelation

I will accept the part in bold because of the honesty. Another person would have tried to dance around the truth.

Truth is, nobody is sure about the existence of hell fire. It's one very vague subject. And when you subject the whole concept of hell fire to logical reasoning, it just doesn't make any sense. The uncertainty of things like whether it's the body, spirit or soul that will experience the everlasting suffering even makes it less believable.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by goodnewscliff(m): 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Miznel:
hell is a Greek word for grave. People die and go to hell otherwise known as grave.
u re so correct even d fifth and sixth edition of d oxford dictionary meanin of hell as #GRAVE#...but d eight edition now renders it as what people believe to a place of fiery torment 4 bad people...,hell isnt real...who created it?? Wouldnt adam and eve b d first to go there if it was real?? Why did GOD SAy they would return to the ground for dust u are and to dust u will return(grave)if hell was real?? #humanphilosophy# people will not read dier bible well and reason
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by goodnewscliff(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
seunmsg:

I will accept the part in bold because of the honesty. Another person would have tried to dance around the truth.

Truth is, nobody is sure about the existence of hell fire. It's one very vague subject. And when you subject the whole concept of hell fire to logical reasoning, it just doesn't make any sense. The uncertainty of things like whether it's the body, spirit or soul that will experience the everlasting suffering even makes it less believable.
fifth and sixth edition of d oxford dictionary meanin of hell as #GRAVE#...but d eight edition now renders it as what people believe to a place of fiery torment 4 bad people...,hell isnt real...who created it?? Wouldnt adam and eve b d first to go there if it was real?? Why did GOD SAy they would return to the ground for dust u are and to dust u will return(grave)if hell was real?? #humanphilosophy# people will not read dier bible and reason logically and biblically
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by goodnewscliff(m): 7:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
edition of d oxford dictionary meanin of hell as #GRAVE#...but d eight edition now renders it as what people believe to a place of fiery torment 4 bad people...,hell isnt real...who created it?? Wouldnt adam and eve b d first to go there if it was real?? Why did GOD SAy adam and eve would return to the ground for ''DUST'' u are and to dust u will return(grave)if hell was real?? #humanphilosophy# people will not read dier bible well and reason
Galaxypoduction:
Quote me back and pm me.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by goodnewscliff(m): 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
989900:
Hell is what religion uses to get you in line, and 'drop'.

"Hell is empty, and all the devils are here!"
sure...d devil is on d earth..rev 12:12-15....hell is not real...heaven is real....d oxford dictionary meanin of hell as #GRAVE#...but d eight edition now renders it as what people believe to a place of fiery torment 4 bad people...,hell isnt real...who created it?? Wouldnt adam and eve b d first to go there if it was real?? Why did GOD SAy they would return to the ground for dust u are and to dust u will return(grave)if hell was real?? #humanphilosophy# people will not read dier bible well and reason
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by goodnewscliff(m): 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
icybeth:
op hell is not a place of torment but a grave. why did Job ask God to concealed him in hell where he will find peace and rest. The big question is why will a faithful man Job ask God to send him in such a place like that but not heaven?
bros thank GOD U said its a parable...jesus was teaching wit parables or illustrations matt 13:34...if taken literally it means abraham is in heaven, and all dose good people will sit on abrahams bossom but john 3:13 tells us dat nobody has gone to heaven including abraham....so my broda jesus used dat parable to teach and make people undastand....its not literal or physical....he was nt reffering to hellfire in dat parable
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by nelson16(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
A Voice From Hell You lived next door to me for years. We shared our dreams, our joys and tears. A friend to me you were indeed; A friend who helped me when in need. What sadness then I’ve come to find That after all you weren’t so kind! The day my life on earth did end I found you weren’t a faithful friend! For all those years we spent on earth, You never talked of "second birth." You never spoke of my lost soul And of the Christ who’d make me whole! Please do not err, my friend, again! Do all you can for souls of men; Plead with them now quite earnestly Lest they be cast in hell with me! Author Unknown
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by nelson16(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
What men do not like they try hard not to believe.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by solreb: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
imohchard:
I think the Bible says that the punishment for sin is death.. Where did hell Come in
When Adam and Eve sinned, God told them that they would die. Not go to hell. Remember that it's them that introduced us to sin. And their punishment is just death.. And if we sinned we get to suffer forever in fiery hell.

Does that make sense?
Remember that God is a God of Justice and justice required that we suffer the same punishment for sin.

Hell definitely is not the Devine punishment for sin.

Or can someone show me hellfire in the whole Bible?

Simply put, the Devine punishment for sin is death.
Jehovah's witness have been exposing false religious teachings since 1800

I think you are wrong. Hell is mentioned severally in the Bible - PS 55:15, Luke 5:12, Matt 23:33. Hell fire specifically by Jesus in mark 9:43-47, Matt 5:22

In rev 20:12-15, after judgement those not found in the book of life plus Hades and Death will be cast in lake fire (hell) which is eternal and spiritual. In rev 21 God made all things new (new heaven and earht) with no sun, death etc - the New Jerusalem. This is where I want to be
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by solreb: 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
Edelweiss44:

It's easy to say God is merciful and loving, but never forget that God is a God of justice, and justice says that "the wages of sin is death", justice also says "the soul that sins shall die". God is the same yesterday, today and forever, He doesn't change His nature. The just nature of God demands that every unrepented sin be punished, and his merciful nature demands that every repented sin be forgiven and spared punishment. That is why God can only forgive and be merciful towards our sins when we repent of them. God cannot forgive a sin that is not repented of. This why based on the character of God, it is impossible for Him to allow a sinner go free of punishment if the sinner does not repent, but it is also impossible for God to condemn a sinner who has truly repented of his sins irrespective of the gravity of sin the person committed in the past. What makes God show His mercy to a sinner is not the sinner's personality, but the sinner's repentance from his sins and IDENTIFICATION WITH THE SACRIFICE OF CHRIST(which happens when a person asks Jesus Christ to come into his life and become his Lord & Saviour).

God is too holy to behold sin, and that is why a sinner who has not obtained mercy and forgiveness of his sins by the blood of Jesus CANNOT ENTER HEAVEN. The only other alternative to heaven where any person can end up when they die is Hell.

Please read what Jesus said in Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Also read what Jesus said in Mark 9:43 "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched"

Salvation through Jesus Christ is not an option for anybody. It is a must for anyone who does not want to end up in hell. Nobody in his right senses will want to be tormented day and night forever without any hope of coming out from the pains. God in His mercy made a way out for us all by allowing Jesus to die for our sins so that if we believe in Him we will no longer have to pay for our sins ourselves in hell since Jesus has already done so, and the law of double jeopardy can be satisfied.

On point. As Christians we have a duty to teach and preach. It is now left for anyone to twist and argue with human philosophy what the Bible says
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by solreb: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Maximus85:
If it's a place of torment, then what has Jesus gone to do there? And why did God frowned at the Baal worshipers who sacrificed children in fire?

God is the only God of justice. How can he punish a man for the sin he inherited, and lived for less than 100years with eternity in fire? Is that justice?

Some years back in Lagos, I little house girl stole meat from the pot (she has done something bad and should be punished) but the woman who employed her punished her by bathing her with kerosene and set her ablaze. It is these same us that was cursing this woman that she's a devil, she's this she's that. You re saying God will do this same thing and it's OK? God has given us a sense of reasoning. It's left to us to use it.

Adam and Eve that committed this sin we inherited were never sent to hell. Instead God said "they will return to the dust that they were made from" why will a God of justice now send those that inherited the sin to hell.

Besides, Revelations 20:14 "And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire."

How can grave and death be thrown into the fire if it's a physical fire? Can grave and death suffer? This fire here can never be literal but figurative. This is why the Bible refer to it as the second death. The second death is a death without any hope of resurrection.

First one has to understand the two deaths mentioned in the Bible. I can give you some of where the second death is been mentioned. Please remove any kind hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses from your heart and read from your own Bible. Revelations 20:6, 20:14, 2:11, 21:8, if you understand what the second death is, then you will know what the first death is and why the Bible use fire in place of the second death.

That we don't blv in hell those not mean we don't fear God. We do but the hope of a better future as promised by God is too good to miss. This is why despite all the persecution and insults we have never and will never be derailed in our course. We preach without tiring.

Just give us a listening ears. What are we to gain if we are to deceive you? Will we go through all these troubles just to incur the wrath of God on ourselves?
We are not forcing people to join us. We are not out to be the richest religious organisation in the world, we don't tithe, we donate freely as we have resolved in our hearts not by force. God loves a cheerful giver.

Everything we do are backed by the scripture.

Oga there is no church denomination in the Bible. It does not matter which one you belong to, JW Rçcg, Catholics, etc what is important is to follow the commandment of God in the Bible without trying to reason it out. That is why Jesus said children should come to him for theirs is the kingdom of God. My Bible tells me clearly that there is here even in revelation 20 that you quoted and that Hades and Death will end up in lake of fire like all those whose names are not in the book of life.
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Proffdada: 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
boman2014:
Does "Hell" really exist? Is there a "Hell" in the Bible? Hell no!
There is no "Hell" in the Bible!

What is "hell" like, really? Is it located here on earth, or in
some other dimension? Is it real, or a myth? Can the Bible lead
us to the truth?

Where is "hell" first mentioned in the Bible, and
why is it so hard to find in the more accurate modern
translations? Why was the punishment of "hell" never
mentioned to the original sinners―Adam, Eve and Cain―nor to
unbelievers like the Pharaoh who defied God repeatedly?

Are
there Bible verses that clearly describe "hell," explaining its
origins and purpose? Hell no! If you study "hell" in the Bible,
you're in for a long, fruitless search for facts, definitions and
explanations. Why? Because the Hebrew prophets never
mentioned a place where human beings writhe in eternal
torment, gnashing their teeth forever.

Nor did the prophets ever

mention even the possibility of suffering after death. Isn't that
extremely odd, if there really is a hell and God wanted us to
know how to avoid it? The Hebrew Bible (our Old Testament)
mentions a place called Sheol, but as I will demonstrate below
—quoting book, chapter and verse—the Hebrew word Sheol
clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead, good
and bad.

" The same is true in the New Testament, where the
Greek word Hades also clearly means "the grave" or "the
abode of all the dead." Nor does Gehenna mean "hell," as I
explain below. So "hell" is not a biblical teaching at all, but a
harrowing mistranslation used by charlatans to brainwash
believers into forking over their hard-earned money while
obeying commandments they never bothered to observe
themselves.

(It seems hell hath no fury like a hypocritical
moralist out to control other people's behavior.) Unfortunately,
the innocents who suffer most from this hellish dogma are
highly impressionable children who trust their parents, pastors,
youth directors and Sunday School teachers not to mislead
them ...
read the colourful book of revelations before you comment

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by solreb: 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
achorladey:
Romans 6:7 for the one who has died has been acquitted of his sins. Goes hand in hand with Romans 6:23 that says when you sin against God what you get as reward is death. What else again.

ROM 6:7 cannot be taken in context without reading the earlier verses 5 to 6 and later 8 to 9 ( normal practice to have clear understanding of what is being said.

Now apostle Paul was saying here that a true believer whose spirit has been regenerated will be dead to sin because his spirit can now fellowship with Spirit of God. All baptized believers are expected to be baptized into Jesus death such that as Christ was raised from the dead we should also operate in the newness of life as our spirit is now back to life. It is expected that our sinful body(old man) of sin has been crucified with Christ such that we should not be slaves to sin under which we were operating as unbelievers. So verse 7 now says because we have died (as in our sinful body which used to be slave to sin) has died and no longer under the control of sin (I.e freed from sin) because the Spirit of God can now control us on account of our regenerated spirit having accepted Christ and died with him. The verse is not saying that the dead who died their sin will be free from condemnation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Why Christians Should Reject The Bill For A Christian Court In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.