Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? (2963 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! / Islam And Christianity: Who Is More Tolerant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Yteflon(m): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2016
Am a humanist-atheist and I don't see anything wrong in marrying a christian or muslim, but I discover most religious folks av problem with one being an atheist. Is that what religion preaches?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 06, 2016
Once I had a boss who is an atheist..all of my bosses, he's one of the best boss I ever worked with.we talked abt everything except religion..he was very supportive to all his ppol & such a down to earth man..I always told him that I will never gonna find a boss like him ever again..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by JackBizzle: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2016
cc kingebukasblog, Reyginus

Would you marry an atheist woman?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2016
JackBizzle:

I can marry any woman as long as she's willing to do good to this world.
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by JackBizzle: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
I can marry any woman as long as she's willing to do good to this world.

That's good to hear
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2016
JackBizzle:

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Is not about tolerance . Its about being a whole - one flesh . Its all about compatibility . One cannot serve two masters.

Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other...

Why should one whole serve two masters - The belief in God and the delusional unbelief in God ?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by babyfaceafrica: 9:37am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Is not about tolerance . Its about being a whole - one flesh . Its all about compatibility . One cannot serve two masters.

Why should one whole serve two masters - The belief in God and the delusional unbelief in God ?
an atheist does not serve any master,so that quote about serving two master does not apply here..an atheist is not a traditional worshipper...that said do what pleases your mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
an atheist does not serve any master,so that quote about serving two master does not apply here..an atheist is not a traditional worshipper...that said do what pleases your mind

Try to comprehend .

I stated clearly that the two masters are

1. the belief in God

2. The delusional unbelief in God

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by babyfaceafrica: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Try to be comprehend .
I stated clearly that the two masters are
1. the belief in God
2. The delusional unbelief in God
its your choice
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

Let me explain better . Marriage makes a man and woman ONE - a WHOLE .

Only ONE of the two paths as seen in the pic below can only be taken by the man (A WHOLE) at a time ... right ? wink

smiley

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by babyfaceafrica: 9:52am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me explain better . Marriage makes a man and woman ONE - a WHOLE .

Only ONE of the two paths as seen in the pic below can only be taken by the man (A WHOLE) at a time ... right ? wink

smiley

what of those that are not maried,those that mean they are not whole?.....not everyone will get maried..so this mariage making one whole is overrated..it is nice to get married if you wish,if not ..nothing do you....getting married. Is not a big deal...staying married for life is....who says an atheist or muslim can be your better half?...it has not yet been proven that two christains getting married last than other religions...just follow your heart...man propose God dispose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What about the Bible prophet who God instructed to marry a Harlot? You don't think there's a bigger picture?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:21am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
What about the Bible prophet who God instructed to marry a Harlot? You don't think there's a bigger picture?
The institution of marriage involves a covenant between a man, a woman, and God , so if He says I should marry an atheist , then I would . No biggie . I answer His call and follow to where he leads ...
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukaslug. Smh.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The institution of marriage involves a covenant between a man, a woman, and God , so if He says I should marry an atheist , then I would . No biggie . I answer His call and follow to where he leads ...
So why did God tell this Prophet to marry a harlot?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
So why did God tell this Prophet to marry a harlot?

undecided ... you brought it up , not me , so ask yourself why did God tell "that prophet" to marry a harlot
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

undecided ... you brought it up , not me , so ask yourself why did God tell "that prophet" to marry a harlot
I think he wanted to teach us that we can still mingle with those we think are filth to make them better? What do you think?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by asalimpo(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

Really, think again. If you are an atheist,your father is the Devil. Period. He is the father of muslims and all other faith. Yeah,scoff,but we all serve a god. No one is exempt. I mean No one.

If,you're not in God's family,He sees you as a child of darkness. There's no middle ground.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by babyfaceafrica: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2016
asalimpo:

Really, think again. If you are an atheist,your father is the Devil. Period. He is the father of muslims and all other faith. Yeah,scoff,but we all serve a god. No one is exempt. I mean No one.

If,you're not in God's family,He sees you as a child of darkness. There's no middle ground.
I serve a God not god!!!!!....that said everyone should be free to choose which ever religion he or she wants....if God behaves like some of you so-called christain am sure anyone who does not serve God will be struck by lightning now......there are two ways before a man.....light and darknesss...choose light so that you may leave...be liberal my bro....at the end we will all reap what we sow
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by asalimpo(m): 11:56am On Mar 06, 2016
KashyBaby:
Once I had a boss who is an atheist..all of my bosses, he's one of the best boss I ever worked with.we talked abt everything except religion..he was very supportive to all his ppol & such a down to earth man..I always told him that I will never gonna find a boss like him ever again..
That's what this humanism thing is all about: manufacturing our own goodness (righteousness), independent of God. The delusion is that, when faced with God's standard , the humanists fires back "I can be good without You",
so who needs God to live right?
That's deception right there. Pride, self righteousness is lurking in their heart!
When in hell,they'll be wandering how they got there,after all they were so good and lived right?!
But beneath you see stinking pride that made them to big to accept the atonement for their sins.
It's a sad scenario.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Flexherbal(m): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
Iron sharpens Iron. That is the reason.
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by asalimpo(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I serve a God not god!!!!!....that said everyone should be free to choose which ever religion he or she wants....if God behaves like some of you so-called christain am sure anyone who does not serve God will be struck by lightning now......there are two ways before a man.....light and darknesss...choose light so that you may leave...be liberal my bro....at the end we will all reap what we sow
so what god dyu serve, muslim god, pagan god etc.
Does your religion have a cannon?
Forget how many christians are. Many of us are classical bigots and a**holes. What matters is who we serve.
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by babyfaceafrica: 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
asalimpo:

so what god dyu serve, muslim god, pagan god etc.
Does your religion have a cannon?
Forget how many christians are. Many of us are classical bigots and a**holes. What matters is who we serve.
the one withe the big G
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by asalimpo(m): 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
the one withe the big G
you are ashamed of mentioning your religion- that says a lot.
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
I think he wanted to teach us that we can still mingle with those we think are filth to make them better? What do you think?

This has already been answered . If He tells me to then I will , for whatever purpose . But do you think one should marry for the purpose of making someone who we feel are filth better ?

I can discuss Christ with the atheist woman and still have my marriage to a good Christian woman intact . What do you think ?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by xendra: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
I can't marry an atheist and not even because of my religion, but their oversabi too much. even an oversabi christian man i wont marry, he too has a high tendency of becoming an atheist.
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by xendra: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
pls go and read that place in the bible well, God explained y He wanted him to marry a harlot. its not to teach you dis one you have learnt.
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by asalimpo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
xendra:
I can't marry an atheist and not even because of my religion, but their oversabi too much. even an oversabi christian man i wont marry, he too has a high tendency of becoming an atheist.
you like mumus who have no conviction on issues or intelligence to defend their stands.
Some1, whose thinking has been outsourced to the equally clueless society he lives in?
The bible says you should be as smart as serpents and study to show yourself approved. It also says "Think..". Christianity is not a religion for dimwits , people who'll get pregnant for a pastor just because he's a man of God.

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
KingEbukaslug. Smh.

Its not about tolerance . Its about prudence . I respect marriage a lot and think it should be done with the right partner . An atheist for me as a christian , only if God says so , is not the right partner . We wont think the same way , there is no understanding . I relish reading stories or seeing Christian marriages built on the principles of Christ and His kingdom .

A major part of our marriage together would be about trying to covert the other to his/her side . There could be issues that should involve spirituality as a solution and she would waiting for a non-existent rational solution undecided . I can't deal with that . God has been , is , will always be the answer .

As a good smart christian I hope she'd be , we will grow spiritually and intellectually , stronger than ever .

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This has already been answered . If He tells me to then I will , for whatever purpose . But do you think one should marry for the purpose of making someone who we feel are filth better ?

I can discuss Christ with the atheist woman and still have my marriage to a good Christian woman intact . What do you think ?
In essence the atheist woman is not good for marriage but good enough to be married to Christ. Or you don't even see it like that?
Re: How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
xendra:
pls go and read that place in the bible well, God explained y He wanted him to marry a harlot. its not to teach you dis one you have learnt.
Then what? What's the portion of the Bible?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Last Assault To Rescue The Bride For The Rapture - Dr. Augusto Maquengo / March 2013 Power Must Change Hands (pmch) Programme- My Star Must Shine / Today Is Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.