Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nollywood Actress Gloria Iweuno Say Amvca Is A Total Rubbish - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Actress Gloria Iweuno Say Amvca Is A Total Rubbish (1446 Views)

AMVCA 2017: Full Winners List / Nigerian Celebrities At AMVCA 2017 Red Carpet (Photos) / Timi Dakolo, DNA Twins, Waje, Others To Thrill Audience At AMVCA Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actress Gloria Iweuno Say Amvca Is A Total Rubbish by olaskul(m): 9:58am On Mar 06, 2016
I believe this is total rubbish and a big slap to the great effort of all professionals in the industry at large, I personally think people should not take this easy on AMVCA on the representation of the movies the year saw. Everyone around me is asking where is Phone swap, FIFTY, 30 days in Atlanta, Torn etc

The shows organisers have made it clear from day 1.
They are not here to showcase the best movie that the Africa industry made in the year in review but movies that were brought by the producers to their office for broadcast on their channels.

Secondly, They never told you that the winners will be professionally selected on the basis of professional and creative competence. It is a viewers choice awards. And the viewers in question are only those tuned in to Africa magic and not the followers of Africa cinema at large.

You also get the beauty of the cluster of having actor in TV series, movies and drama judged on one cocoon. So you just saw the Oscars and emmys in one night.

My Question the award was based on viewers voting But how come most of these movies have not been shown on Africa magic, so could it be based on viewers watching Africa movies or.......? #AMVCA

Re: Nollywood Actress Gloria Iweuno Say Amvca Is A Total Rubbish by amtaken(f): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2016
The award was designed to favour one particular tribe only. They reluctantly awarded Genny and Steph because of what they represent and because Steph's movie- Dry exposes the child marriage issue currently facing our nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Actress Gloria Iweuno Say Amvca Is A Total Rubbish by mrbyron(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
My thoughts too. Most of the movies awarded haven't been shown on African magic. So where did the viewer ratings come from? With this post, I can confirm it was a charade.
Re: Nollywood Actress Gloria Iweuno Say Amvca Is A Total Rubbish by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
mrbyron:
My thoughts too. Most of the movies awarded haven't been shown on African magic. So where did the viewer ratings come from? With this post, I can confirm it was a charade.
Exactly. How did the viewers watched such movies to cast their votes?

(1) (Reply)

Fans Of Kdrama LEE MIN-HO News And Movies. / Katy Perry Biography And News Facts / Reality Show Like ''Cheaters'' In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.