Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff (24680 Views)

Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff / MTN Sacks 200 Workers, 80 Contract Staff Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Onlymewakacum(m): 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
I join to curse our national assembly that hv turned a blind eye to that malicious labour law... where is that senator dt trys to mk common sense? Let him move for it to be amended...

1 Like

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by cillion: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
pls do we have good lawyer in the house , that can help nigerian workers . MTN & ALL company in dis country are guilty of dis issue , NLC , UNIONs & SENATORS cannot do anything .

1 Like

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by nastyesco(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Sad as it is...we keep missing one line...this act is being perpetrated by Nigerians...MEMCOS of MTN NG is 100% Nigerian. The only plague in Nigeria is Nigerians...our greed and selfishness is overbearing. May God help us all

3 Likes

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by CltrAltDel: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
lastmessenger:
When nnamdi KANU called this country a zoo, you guys thought he was joking. Now you can see how we all are watching some wicked people connive with Nigerians to subject us to inhuman treatment.
Buhari need to do more than just travelling up and down.
[/s]
Trash
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by CltrAltDel: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
lastmessenger:
Seems you are the dull one here.if Nigerians are not acting like animals towards one anoher.,nnamdi KANU will not have the audacity to call this country a zoo
[/s]
Trash
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by CltrAltDel: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
lastmessenger:
My brain is damaged because I see people in this country behaving like animals.
[/s]
Trash
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by CltrAltDel: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
lastmessenger:
And happy better understanding next time. Your father left ball.
[/s]
trash.....waiting for more trash from you
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by opribo(m): 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
This is expected now, when your govt slammed an outrageous fine on them, they pleased yet no mercy coming from anywhere now to respond they have sent the contract staff into the lab our market.

So carry your protest to Ncc SNF the minister of labour and even the president let them deal with your employment. I guess they created those jobs to engage more people but now the whole thing I'd scattered, and wait for it more companies are surely going to lay off because the body language isn't encouraging.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Ayo25: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
The heart of man is desperately wicked chai. How people just thought out this kind of wickedness against their fellow men beats me. Taskmasters everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by puffpuff: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
When we were agitating for unionisation of MTN CCR at Jos Call Centre in 2012, You( Lagos CCR) labelled us rebels. When we were sacked, you said they served us right. It was our turn few years back, now is yours. Deal with it.
Had it been u cooperated with us and allow us to showdown 180 for just 48 hours, our demands would have been met and u won't find yourself in this mess today.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by ladenz(m): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Deepfreezer:
Nigerian youths has become so vulnerable and helpless in their won father's land. just because the government has refused to do her job. this is very bad, well I don't blame the government much because Nigerian youths are cowards and foolish, we are ready to settle for scrumbs under the table of the rich than to fight, work hard to be able to eat the main food.
The Nigerian youth I'm sorry to say has become slaves in this present day Nigeria.

I don't agree that the Nigerian youth deserve all the blame. If these guys complain and are laid off they will be replaced in the twinkling of an eye. It's terrible to be young and full of energy but not have a job and a means to sustain yourself and your family. Those who have work will do anything to keep that job whatever the circumstances. Therein lies the root of the exploitation. Employers are taking advantage of this situation and no one is protecting the rights of those young people.

1 Like

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by yahyamay(m): 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
This is an open secret but everyone just tend to ignore it. ...which way Nigeria?
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by joannes7(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
MrKong:

What part of your brain is damaged?...I'm just curious

the insult is uncalled for... the conditions in the country was and still can be likened to a zoo. has nothing to do with pmb or gej or bbc.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Deepfreezer(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
ladenz:

I don't agree that the Nigerian youth deserve all the blame. If these guys complain and are laid off they will be replaced in the twinkling of an eye. It's terrible to be young and full of energy but not have a job and a means to sustain yourself and your family. Those who have work will do anything to keep that job whatever the circumstances. Therein lies the root of the exploitation. Employers are taking advantage of this situation and no one is protecting the rights of those young people.
My brother I'm not blaming the youth entirely, the government are to be blamed for not protecting the rights of her citizens, but the youths have a role to play in the government, even in voting whoever is in government. wish we could all open our eyes come 2019, our problem is that we continue to sabotage our efforts.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
wristbangle:

Honestly and it's painful. Honestly if I can have my way out of this country, I will glad leave without looking back.
if you want to and cannot afford US and UK then look for tuition free schools in Scandinavia. Your only hope will be your brain cheesy you can actually study courses that will enable you get work permit when you're done.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Zeek21(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
So sad, this country is just a mess because at the end of the day this petition will just fizzle out without any effect.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by toprealman: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
95% of the time those help desk guys are simply useless.
From their unprofessional way of talking and handling issues to their lack of empathy!!!
If you are not adding value to the system, why should you part of such a system?
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by nenergy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
Labour laws in Nigeria are poor, no doubt. But the lack of modern skills and job opportunities is the root cause of issues like this.

Call centre jobs (online customer relations) isn't a career path. It should be viewed as riding commercial okada or keke. You do it (for 1 year) for the money and little experience and move on to something better.

There's no growth or much career prospects in call centre jobs. Infact they shouldn't employ graduates, that's how poor the jobs are. The work schedule leaves you no time for personal development. Before you know it...years have gone. I know someone who resigned after 7 years of stagnancy (Only moving along segments).

I'll ask you to move on with your lives. Getting sack or rendered redundant from a call centre job is a blessing. It is freedom! It is liberating!

Use this period to rediscover who you are,what you can do and what you really want to do. There's more to life then AHT and Teleopti

7 Likes

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by igwe123: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
wristbangle:

Bros, it's people like you that make d whites call black people, a retarded monkey.

Are u this dull to comprehend the OP's article? The cry and grievance of MTN contract staffs issue has been from the onset even before GEJ became the president.

It's really not GEJ or PMB incompetence, this is NCC, CAC and other labour regulatory bodies fault. Seriously this country has been destroyed by evil cabals.

As for MTN, your days are numbered. Make una continue along side with Indians.
Lol, this con3 being a zoo according to kanu has nothing to do with GEJ vs PMB
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by igwe123: 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
Fourwinds:
shot up...where was Kanu when PDP ruled dis country for sixteen years...A government headed by Obasanjo sign d agreement dat brought MTN to Nigeria....government officials collided with MTN to reap off Nigerians....Senators,, honorables., ministers. and Obasanjo are guilty in dis exploitation ....
see zombies, kanu's zoo concept predates the birth of APC, nigeria has always been a shithole that benefits only the imperialist oyibos that created it
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by adepiero: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Not just MTN staffs suffer this inhumane treatment but all telecoms and online retail CSR are affected.

The labor law and group is mute to all this treatment and if you try to speak against it, you get sacked for insubordination. Its really disheartening
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Fourwinds: 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
igwe123:

see zombies, kanu's zoo concept predates the birth of APC, nigeria has always been a shithole that benefits only the imperialist oyibos that created it
and ur region is better of with those entrusted with their various states and fund given from d federal pulse....apart from Anambra how well is d others.?
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by yaki84: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
nigerians sold out nigerians n make us the lower class to suffer.
these foreign nationals know all the elites hv a price tag, from the immigration to the licensing office.
my boss who works at continental ship yard at apapa wharf tell me so many stories how fellow nigerians will collect money from these foreign nationals just to discourage n stall the abolition of this slavery in form of contract staff.
abi na the immigration officers who allow unskilled foreign nationals to come into the country to work without papers n workpermit n they r being paid as expatriates when they dont even know anything.
tomorrow they will say impunity like say the whole nigerians r not impugned already.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by don4real18(m): 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
When I raised the issue on Nairaland before the sacking of workers came to be, it wasn't taken seriously (not even moved to fp). I wonder why many people like taking medicine after death.
We have been abused and used as slaves in this country and it will continue to happen if drastic steps like the one in my mind isn't taken

1 Like

Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by charlesucheh(m): 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
lastmessenger:
When nnamdi KANU called this country a zoo, you guys thought he was joking. Now you can see how we all are watching some wicked people connive with Nigerians to subject us to inhuman treatment.
Buhari need to do more than just travelling up and down.
who is this biafran monkey again na?
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by mindtricks: 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
MTN, the network now bedeviled with all sorts of issues.

To fight this course is your call.

It is well.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Unseen(m): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
puffpuff:
When we were agitating for unionisation of MTN CCR at Jos Call Centre in 2012, You( Lagos CCR) labelled us rebels. When we were sacked, you said they served us right. It was our turn few years back, now is yours. Deal with it.
Had it been u cooperated with us and allow us to showdown 180 for just 48 hours, our demands would have been met and u won't find yourself in this mess today.

Tell them..... The evil they turned blind eye to, is upon them now.
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by Angrymode: 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
If these complainers are the ones responsible for bombarding my phone with unsolicited messages, sorry but you don't have sympathy in any way. However, na devil go punish mtn sha!!!!
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by lastmessenger: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Is your fathers left ball
charlesucheh:
who is this biafran monkey again na?
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by lastmessenger: 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
Why dont you read before commenting?
avicenna1:

You are too sentimental and tribalistic. You look for every chance to show your hatred for the present administration. How the hell does this issue have to do with nnamdi KANU?
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by slex(m): 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
NLC are slow pokes. After reading this I can't be rude to any CSR anymore. You never know what he or she could be facing
Re: MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff by calabaman(m): 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
I am a victim of SUCH deplorable and sadistic behaviour after serving MTN for 3 and half years of my life as a ccr.

Thank God for his faithfulness, am much better of today after leaving MTN in sept 2015.

And av since ported my personal line to airtel. Am so DONE WITH THE SILLY FIRM CALLED MTN.

#PISSED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamawa Policeman Weeps As He Is Dismissed From Service For Wrongdoing (Video) / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much / Meet The Female Sec School Graduate Who Is A Mechanic And Is Proud Of It.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.