Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Touching Story Of A Kano Corper Who Save Lives Via Medical Outreach - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Touching Story Of A Kano Corper Who Save Lives Via Medical Outreach (962 Views)

Corper Who Donated Classroom Seats In Buhari's Hometwn Pictured In A Private Jet / Mother Of Kano Corper Who Died At Kano NYSC Camp Recalls Her Final Moment / Kano Corper Spends 1.3Million On Projects (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Touching Story Of A Kano Corper Who Save Lives Via Medical Outreach by akinwola4akeem: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Corper Akeukereke Ibrahim. A (Mallam Ibrahim kano) the facilator, originator and executor of  "Operation save a life" conceived about seven month ago. It all started more like a wishful thinking from a young man who have no prior training in clinical' or medical disciplines, to his friends (myself included). His words " I want to organise a blood drive, a medical outreach, where people can have access to free medical treatment and employ to save lives" . Our reply as friends was a chorus laughter, I personally couldn't imagine a better joke of the year, how come a philosophy graduate will take interest in sensitive medical issue? Who is going to listen to him aside we his friends? Where does he want to start from? 3rd of March, 2016 gave answer to all this questions. Mallam Ibrahim Kano as we usually call him, did not only fulfill his wishful thinking by making it a reality, he actually taught us all a lesson, never to let anyone say you can't do it because you can, believe in yourself, keep working , keep pushing, set your eyes on the goal, be determine and steadfast thus in no time success will come knocking.

Today, it is in history that "Operation save a life" was a huge success as a medical outreach; several human person were bleeded as blood donors, hundreds of people knew what their malaria and HIV status was, large number of people had access to free medical advice/consultation, general health enlightenment was done on ( Lessa fever, Rape, Sexual transmitted Infection, Drugs and Substances Abuse e.t.c) and wide range of people benefited from free distribution of treated net, condom, water guard, IEC materials.

His words "I might not be a medical professional/practitioner but I know the value of life, I know life is ultimate, I know life is sacred, I know a life lost can never be recovered, thus it is the duty of everyone of us to sustain life. Many today fight for what makes life flourish, let us also fight for what sustains life for without what sustains life, what makes life flourish is utmost meaningless."

The question here is, who is he, Mallam Ibrahim Kano? Certainly, he is not a medical practitioner, so he is under no oath to save life. He is not a para-medical staff, so he has made no vow. He is not herbal doctor, so he has no licence. At best this has made Mallam Ibrahim kano a lover of life, a man that believes, it is only with a healthy life we can share joyful memories, one of the numerous wealth we all deserve.

National Orthopedic Hospital Dala (NOHD),National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA), Society for Family Health (SFH), Adolensce Health and Information Project (AHIP), Ministry of Health Kano, Bayero university Kano (BUK), Enactus BUK, CoolWazobia fm Kano, NTA Kano e.t.c are some of the notable sponsor/partner of this humanitarian event. They all saw a vision, they align with the vision and most importantly they believe in the man behind the vision. His words " We all stand together as partners in sustaining and enhancing human productive life span. I look forward to a day where the life expectancy of child at birth is 90 years, not a day where human life will worthy anything less, I look forward holding hands as we do the needfuls."

Hardly, will anyone leave without a notable impression of this noble young Nigerian, Philosopher, Lecturer, Volunteer, Blood donor, Lover of kids, peace and lives. Obviously, I have my own impression, alluding to the main reason why I am putting a pen on paper, asking you to join hands to celebrate this young Nigerian by help spreading campaign of "Operation save a life" using the #safebloodsavelives #iamalifesaver across various social media platform.

"Let celebrate  ourselves, let appreciate ourselves, let see the light in ourselves, let preserve and sustain what we have, let save live." His words. Let celebrate this humanitarian.

Thanks for spreading the word out there.

Signed
Copper Akinwola Akeem

Re: Touching Story Of A Kano Corper Who Save Lives Via Medical Outreach by domopps(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
No source No picture ..........

Mynd_44 are also seeing this ?

Cheeeeeers

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Update / NYSC SDG Membership- Its Impacts On Posting. / Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.