Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? (2347 Views)

Mobilizing Against Saraki!!!!!!!!!! Course Of Action / We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist / Asari Mobilizing And 5,000 Militants Lined Behind Him {photo} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 5:05am On Jul 17, 2009
This is the latest gist in town. OPC is planning a counter attack on Ijaws in Lagos. Fashola is holding series of meetings with them to calm them down. If you are in lagos now, watch your back and pray Fashola succeeds in cooling down the OPC. They will have another high security meeting with the governor this morning.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Ehoi: 5:13am On Jul 17, 2009
very Interesting. Lets see how far they will get .
All yorubas working in the Niger delta should start packing their bags.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 5:15am On Jul 17, 2009
My guy this will be a useless war. Why face Yorubas when they are irrelevant to your agenda?. What has Yorubas got to do with the issue in Niger Delta?. I am sure igbos will will reap the short end of this war because OPC will quickly pounce on innocent igbos now since they don't know the difference. To them, anything east of Ondo through Calabar is igbo.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by NegroNtns(m): 5:20am On Jul 17, 2009
Ehoi,

What a juvenile response! If that were to happen, how do you see your struggle evolving into a successful mission?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Ehoi: 5:25am On Jul 17, 2009
The way I see it, MEND didn't face Yoruba. Its some Yoruba's that want to interpret it that way. If MEND want to face Yoruba, do you think that is the target they would bomb? besides, Lagos is a no mans land. If MEND want to blow up something that will affect the Yoruba, they would have done it in Ibadan, not Lagos.

If Yoruba retaliate, i believe that will be the beginning of the end of Nigeria because MEND will surely hit back and this time harder and more direct. remember that the militants have been stockpiling weapons and preparing for war for more than ten years. They already have weapons in their disposal that the Nigerian army would be proud of.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Ehoi: 5:27am On Jul 17, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Ehoi,

What a juvenile response! If that were to happen, how do you see your struggle evolving into a successful mission?
negro
The struggle is already successful. The federal government is already begging for talks.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 5:31am On Jul 17, 2009
Ehoi:

The way I see it, MEND didn't face Yoruba. Its some Yoruba's that want to interpret it that way. If MEND want to face Yoruba, do you think that is the target they would bomb? besides, Lagos is a no mans land. If MEND want to blow up something that will affect the Yoruba, they would have done it in Ibadan, not Lagos.

If Yoruba retaliate, i believe that will be the beginning of the end of Nigeria because MEND will surely hit back and this time harder and more direct. remember that the militants have been stockpiling weapons and preparing for war for more than ten years. They already have weapons in their disposal that the Nigerian army would be proud of.
Our interpretations may differ but they should've known that such move will make Yorubas raise eyebrows. An attack is an attack and I think the appropriate thing is for their leader to apologize to yorubas.  If MEND is at loggerheads with a faction of southern Nigeria, how will they face the North without the southwest sabotaging their efforts?. OPC guys are savage beasts, so be carefulful of what you say.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Ehoi: 5:34am On Jul 17, 2009
I believe MEND have achieved their aim with this attack.
I believe they wanted to draw awareness among Nigerians to the critical state of our nation. before the attack most people in Lagos didn't even know about MEND. But now MEND is the talk of the town. Not only in Lagos but in all Nigeria. There are hundreds of forums like this talking about the implications of MEND activities. I guess MEND have hit jackpot here. Those guys are so smart.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Jatador: 5:38am On Jul 17, 2009
Ehoi:

are you crazy?
Ibadan is pretty much a landlocked state and mend can't get there through the sea. You wan't them to travel by road all the way to yorubaland then you must be dreaming. Lagos is the easiest and most accessible place they can hit in the west.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by NegroNtns(m): 5:40am On Jul 17, 2009
Lagos is a no mans land

Lagos is as good a no man's land as the oil in Delta is a no man's resource.  Lagos belongs to us all. . . so does the oil.  Do you fail to make that wise connection?

The struggle is already successful. The federal government is already begging for talks.

You call Federal Government talks a "success".  Isn't this the same FG that you have no trust in to represent your interest?   What makes you think that the talk is a success and not a strategy to stall MEND and delay resolution further while giving the appearance of honest brokerage?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Ehoi: 6:12am On Jul 17, 2009
Jatador:

are you crazy?
Ibadan is pretty much a landlocked state and mend can't get there through the sea. You wan't them to travel by road all the way to yorubaland then you must be dreaming. Lagos is the easiest and most accessible place they can hit in the west.
There are many yoruba targets can can easily hit if they wanted.
Lets not forget they passed Ondo state to come to lagos. In lagos, they passed all the big ships in the port, passed all the high building and went specifically to an NNPC loading depot. It shows who they wanted to hit.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by udezue(m): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2009
If MEND was targeting Yoruba ppl they would have started 1st by slaughtering Yorubas in PH but they only attacked an oil facility. Why are Southerners too DUMB to see that this is not an attack against Yoruba ppl. If OPC attacks Igbos it will be disastrous since Igbos are over 30% of Lagos population and can strike back. I don't think OPC will be dumb enough to attack anything that looks Igbo knowing damn well anything that looks Igbo can strike back from PH to Lagos. Who told you Igbos are still willing to be attacked without striking back more sef? MEND can attack oil facilities in Rivers and u won't hear Igbos whine coz they know exactly why that is happening.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Abagworo(m): 6:34am On Jul 17, 2009
I wonder why people misplace the obvious.Lagos was never attacked but a jetty constructed by fg with nd oil money was hit.however if OPC and some low thinking people try to tribalise it,i dont even see them winning inside Lagos.the battle will be too tough.the best thing is to stand behind the ijaws whom they have cheated for years.if opc lays hands on any ijaw,niger deltan or igbo then i foresee the early end of this unfair country.God save Nigeria.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2009
OPC is also demanding for Femi Falana to cease henceforth from defending MEND nationally.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by NegroNtns(m): 6:41am On Jul 17, 2009
No sweat. . . OPC will not attack your people. . either in Lagos or anywhere.  Fashola has spoken.  Fashola has delivered a very responsible and appropriate message using this incidence as lessons learnt and to warn MEND and any other entity that might nurse similar ambitions that he does not want a repeat.  Thats it!  Its now upto you how you manage that message.   OPC will not manage it for you, . .you have the burden to share that mesage amongst your people and respect the Governor.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by ikeyman00(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
more oduduwa trait

who are opc by the way?

alaye boyz abi
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by samparian(m): 7:42am On Jul 17, 2009
Abagworo:

I wonder why people misplace the obvious.Lagos was never attacked but a jetty constructed by fg with nd oil money was hit.however if OPC and some low thinking people try to tribalise it,i dont even see them winning inside Lagos.the battle will be too tough.the best thing is to stand behind the ijaws whom they have cheated for years.if opc lays hands on any ijaw,niger deltan or igbo then i foresee the early end of this unfair country.God save Nigeria.

As clear as daylight
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

No sweat. . . OPC will not attack your people. . either in Lagos or anywhere.  Fashola has spoken.  Fashola has delivered a very responsible and appropriate message using this incidence as lessons learnt and to warn MEND and any other entity that might nurse similar ambitions that he does not want a repeat.  Thats it!  Its now upto you how you manage that message.   OPC will not manage it for you,  . .you have the burden to share that mesage amongst your people and respect the Governor.
Are you sure?. Are you an OPC member?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by NegroNtns(m): 8:23am On Jul 17, 2009
Aloy,

That's beside the point. Im a Nigerian and my focus is along that line. What is MEND going to do on the wake of the Governor's warning to make sure there is no repeat?

On the issue of Lagos as a target against Yoruba. I hope not but I believe there are many potential disadvantages if the Yorubas in Lagos were to target and boycott certain markets. The financial impact would affect lives in Delta far more adversely than the oil they are claiming can compensate for or offset. Everyone keep talking about war and violent confrontation. . . but in the impulse, no one is considering that lives will be uprooted from their immediate source of sustenance. Put the hostilities aside and heed the Governors warning. The Governor is your authority,not OPC.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 8:27am On Jul 17, 2009
You are right. The nations economy will come to a halt if Lagos is attacked.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by nuesaweso(f): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2009
Aloy Emeka,

What exactly do you aim to achieve with this thread? And you expect busy and responsible people to join you in discussing fallacies and cooked up imaginations of an idle mind?

I will keep my fingers crossed and watch how many people will take your bait.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 8:54am On Jul 17, 2009
Dude it's not a bait. Thats the rumor around town this morning. Fashola is holding a meeting with them now as we are here. Bettr pray hard it goes well because I no wan any wahala.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by nuesaweso(f): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Dude it's not a bait. Thats[b] the rumor [/b] around town this morning. Fashola is holding a meeting with them now as we are here. Bettr pray hard it goes well because I no wan any wahala.

And why didnt you include rumour in the title of your thread? More like "Rumour says OPC. . ."

And which faction of OPC is he holding meeting with?

If you disagree that this thread is misleading and divisive, over 500,000 people on nairaland know better.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2009
Didn't you read where I said "gist going around town"? duh?. Why didn't you get this mad when we rumored Yaraduas death two weeks ago?. Also, i found another website with same rumour. people are grinning from ear to ear at idumota this morning listening like a hedgehog for any karararam before we draw our weapons.

http://www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-art-culture-politics/33991-opc-mobilises-against-ijaws-lagos.html
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by nuesaweso(f): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

This is the latest gist in town. OPC is planning a counter attack on Ijaws in Lagos. Fashola is holding series of meetings with them to calm them down. If you are in lagos now, watch your back and pray Fashola succeeds in cooling down the OPC. They will have another high security meeting with the governor this morning.

is definitely not

Aloy.Emeka:

Didn't you read where I said "gist going around town"? duh?. Why didn't you get this mad when we rumored Yaraduas death two weeks ago?. Also, i found another website with same rumour

http://www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-art-culture-politics/33991-opc-mobilises-against-ijaws-lagos.html

And according to you gist = rumour?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Afam4eva(m): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2009
I think Mend should face abuja instead of lagos. Those are the people that have been stealing their money.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Abagworo(m): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2009
I have to withdraw my previous comments.didnt notice the thread was RUMOUR-BASED
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by asha2: 9:36am On Jul 17, 2009
Why are some people so ready to tribalise this atlas cove attack?Opc or whatever better think of what to do to emasculate themselves of northern hegemony going on now rather wasting their energy trying to fight mend.
Do they even have know the kind of weapons MEND have?Even the nigerian army at times can be overwhelmed by the weapons MEND has let alone OPC.
Can OPC guys even differenciate between a niger deltan and an igbo since to them anything east of ondo is igbo.

These guys should listen to YINKA ODUMAKIN and stop entartaing small minded tribalistic thoughts.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by OneNaija(m): 9:40am On Jul 17, 2009
Wetin OPC fit do. Make them nur forget say Yoruba can be easy to identify. first Ijaw population in lagos can even defeat Yoruba in Lagos before they start in Niger delta region. Yoruba peoples wen nur won die. Make them ready for fight we ready for them.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by OneNaija(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2009
Infact let War happen for Nigeria sef . War against the Ijaw and War against Yoruba before It can be Extend to Northern Fool. We don vex we don vex. Where Yoruba peoples. War don Happen.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by nuesaweso(f): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2009
Aloy Emeka, mission gradually getting accomplished wink
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2009
its a pity people like alum Emeka are the ones who will destroy everything their "tribe" has worked for.

Nobody likes a spy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North / Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms / Lagos Home To New Innovation Hub As Venia Business Hub Launches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.