Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue (7265 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Michelle Obama And BBOG Frustrated Chibok Girls Rescue: Aisha Wakil / Francis Adigun, Soldier Killed During Chibok Girls Rescue(pic (2) (3) (4)

Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by daveyjay(m): 2:17am On Mar 09, 2016

ABUJA— THE Senate, yesterday, asked President Muhammadu Buhari to intensify efforts to ensure the release of the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram insurgents 690 days ago. According to the Senate, the Federal Government should also come up with micro-economic policies that will encourage women to participate in small scale businesses. It expressed readiness to reform relevant laws to ensure that certain quota was reserved exclusively for women in the three arms of government. These resolutions were sequel to a motion on International Women’s Day by the Chairman, Senate Committee on Women Affairs, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, APC, Lagos Central.

In her presentation, Senator Tinubu, who decried the growing gender inequality in the country, in spite of several gender friendly laws, said Nigerian women had suffered several forms of discrimination, ranging from abduction, rape to male dominance on inheritance. She said: “I am concerned that rape is on the increase in the country and this is with little prosecution. There is, therefore, a need for re-orientation on gender equality, women’s rights and adequate allocation of resources.”

In his contribution, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, who expressed concern that in spite of the growing level of democracy in the country, the representation of women in all arms of government was dwindling, said that if not promptly addressed, the trend would lead to non-representation of women in governance, adding that such would be detrimental to the development of the country. Also in her contribution, Deputy Minority Whip, Senator Biodun Olujinmi, PDP, Ekiti South, called for solution to child marriage and other practices that had been detrimental to the survival of the girl-child in the society. He noted that all the issues plaguing women should be placed in their proper perspectives, if Nigeria as a country must reap the benefits of having the girl-child. She said: “ Mr. President, today is our day, the International Women’s Day.

I want to congratulate the chairman of the women affairs committee, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, who brought up this motion. “We want the whole world to put on the front burner the issues of gender equality, the issues of our children, the issues of rape, the issues of abduction and the issues of child marriage. we have to put all of them on the proper perspective for the country to be able to reap from the benefits. ‘

’Whichever way you want to see it, we are the salt of the earth. We make everything fine and where ever we are as women, there is always sanity, probity and there is always accountability.’ In his remarks, President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki, noted that the 8th Senate would ensure that amendment of all relevant laws were carried out to involve more women in government.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/intensify-efforts-to-rescue-chibok-girls-senate-tells-buhari/
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Erfolg: 4:02am On Mar 09, 2016
This guy's really have nothing to offer, been observing their motions in the house this days and they are all irrelevant, baseless, time wasting and nothing to offer. Last time it was marriage, the other time, it's was bride price. Now chibok girls issue that have been overfloged, only God knows if how the girls are faring, instead of putting policies and strategies in place so that other young girls are not kidnapped, they bring up past issues daily that would never secure the future. Moreover why are they urging the federal govt, they should also do something. Sometimes I blame buhari forgetting that this bunch of people also have a role to play which ofcourse they are not playing.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Goldencollins: 4:15am On Mar 09, 2016
There was never any missing chibok girl,it was all an act well scripted by d devilish apc party and that certificateless dullard from daura to gain cheap political victory.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Aufbauh(m): 5:32am On Mar 09, 2016
When men talked about gender equality they always sound supportive outwardly but sarcastic in their hearts. I think it is better to talk about more female participation than to pay lip service to gender equality
Frankly, culturally and religiously our system does not promote gender equality either in the North or South. And it is from these premises democratic norms emanate from.
When most of our tradition has relegate the female folks to mere numbers than genealogical stakeholders and our widely heard belief that God and his elders in heaven are men, then you can understand why it is practically impossible for gender equality to come to fruition.
Even the most sophisticated Democratic nation the US is not free from the accusation.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by daveyjay(m): 6:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Erfolg:
This guy's really have nothing to offer, been observing their motions in the house this days and they are all irrelevant, baseless, time wasting and nothing to offer. Last time it was marriage, the other time, it's was bride price. Now chibok girls issue that have been overfloged, only God knows if how the girls are faring, instead of putting policies and strategies in place so that other young girls are not kidnapped, they bring up past issues daily that would never secure the future. Moreover why are they urging the federal govt, they should also do something. Sometimes I blame buhari forgetting that this bunch of people also have a role to play which ofcourse they are not playing.

Well U just expressed my exact thouqht! Moreso, chibok qirls were kidnapped April 14, 2014, that close to 2years now, how do we quarantee that they are safe, in my opinion, so of them have been used as suicide bombers, some of them have been sold off as slaves, some haave been married off, others to have married these BH quys, some have died due to diseases and illness while some were shot while tryinq to escape, so which chibok qirls are we expectinq??! Instead of these CHANGE aqents to direct their power at somethinq else, They mentioninq abducted chibok qirls...mtcheeew

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by daveyjay(m): 6:58am On Mar 09, 2016
Goldencollins:
There was never any missing chibok girl,it was all an act well scripted by d devilish apc party and that certificateless dullard from daura to gain cheap political victory.

Another point to put into consideration!
I believe Chibok qirls abduction is a biq time fraud and nothinq more concocted by the propaqanda party APC, shebi NA have been conquerinq Sambisa, why is there no trace of any qirls??! the evil that men do live with them...let them dance to the tune!

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by chrixus(m): 7:03am On Mar 09, 2016
Why do we keep deceiving ourselves about the rescue of chibok girls ? I believe they are long gone. These girls are not pins
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by KissCODE(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2016
I thought this Chibok girls movie has come to the end. So this movie is still on.

Buhari has found out the truth and he just like GEJ dont know how to come out and tell the world that Chibok girls abduction is a SCAM.

Oby Ezekwesiri has really really slowed down, but she like all those deceived by Shetima dont know how to swallow their vomit right now.

Our Senate just the set fire the more on Buhari to make him to keep having a sleepness night over a none existing issue.

Lies married lie, gave birth to lies & more lies

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by KissCODE(m): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2016
chrixus:
Why do we keep deceiving ourselves about the rescue of chibok girls ? I believe they are long gone. These girls are not pins
first of all... There were no chibok girls abduction. It was a political stunt. APC used it verywell to get the masses behind them. Buhari was not aware but now he is aware. Thats why he was angry the last time the so called Chibok girls mothers came to Aso Rock.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by KissCODE(m): 7:37am On Mar 09, 2016
daveyjay:

Another point to put into consideration!
I believe Chibok qirls abduction is a biq time fraud and nothinq more concocted by the propaqanda party APC, shebi NA have been conquerinq Sambisa, why is there no trace of any qirls??! the evil that men do live with them...let them dance to the tune!
kpom kwem... You are on point... Isi gi di (your head is) very sharp my brother...

Onye agbana oso, na orugo n‘omume (nobody should run time for action has come). No more propaganda it is time they go rescue the girls.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by chrixus(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2016
KissCODE:
first of all... There were no chibok girls abduction. It was a political stunt. APC used it verywell to get the masses behind them. Buhari was not aware but now he is aware. Thats why he was angry the last time the so called Chibok girls mothers came to Aso Rock.
I am not disputing the fact that the abduction is real. Have you ever thought that if it was really a 'staged play by Apc', would foreign countries like USA,France fall for it too. Even with their high intelligence ?
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by chrixus(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2016
KissCODE:
have you ever thought why and how countries like USA and France fall for that same play by APC, even with their high intelligence ?
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by KissCODE(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2016
chrixus:
I am not disputing the fact that the abduction is real. Have you ever thought that if it was really a 'staged play by Apc', would foreign countries like USA,France fall for it too. Even with their high intelligence ?
USA & France and other world power didnt really fall for it. APC & the western world had one common enemy which was GEJ & they had to make him go by all means.
Did you know that what killed Abacha killed MKO & also killed Arafat. Sponsored by the USA & their allies but the cooked up stories to divert attention. Those countries you mentioned are fathers & kings in creating stories & events to oust a governement.
If you could remember, the first broadcast house to told the world about the abduction of this Chibok girls is BBC. Shetima addressed Nigerians through BBC, before AIT & others joined later.
If you remember again. When Shetima was speaking after the so called abduction, he promised 50.000.000 naira on anyone who has lead on how to bring back the girls. But i think he was adviced and he didnt repeat it after the first broadcast.
If you know anybody from Chibok, try and bring up the issue. He/she will just walk away from u. This chibok girls is what no chibok person talks about.
Another thing is this- why did it take over a month before the school were able to know the number of girls missing?
Why was the daughters of the principle not amongst the abducted when they live in the same school?
Why was there no metron or house master in the school at the time of the abduction?
It was a well planned movie that is seriously backfiring now.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by daveyjay(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala, come and see oh
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by LilNetty(m): 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
I dont think there's any probability that we will get this girls back....
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by MoosaBlog: 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
NGR senators are only there for the money, shikena.... if not
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by muller101(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
.they are now women point of correction.
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Abeg,let us not send buhari on a white goose chase.

Even if the girls were snails,they would have cross the border and left Nigeria.

Those girls are long gone and we just have to move on
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
KissCODE:
USA & France and other world power didnt really fall for it. APC & the western world had one common enemy which was GEJ & they had to make him go by all means.
Did you know that what killed Abacha killed MKO & also killed Arafat. Sponsored by the USA & their allies but the cooked up stories to divert attention. Those countries you mentioned are fathers & kings in creating stories & events to oust a governement.
If you could remember, the first broadcast house to told the world about the abduction of this Chibok girls is BBC. Shetima addressed Nigerians through BBC, before AIT & others joined later.
If you remember again. When Shetima was speaking after the so called abduction, he promised 50.000.000 naira on anyone who has lead on how to bring back the girls. But i think he was adviced and he didnt repeat it after the first broadcast.
If you know anybody from Chibok, try and bring up the issue. He/she will just walk away from u. This chibok girls is what no chibok person talks about.
Another thing is this- why did it take over a month before the school were able to know the number of girls missing?
Why was the daughters of the principle not amongst the abducted when they live in the same school?
Why was there no metron or house master in the school at the time of the abduction?

Another's baseless lie without any iota of truth concoted from your anus
That was how you claimed boko haram was a staged play by the northerners.
The play that had killed over 10,000 of there tribe men.

I just dnt get how you guys think.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Flexherbal(m): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
These politicians should go and sit down. Have they not been part of the Government?
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
Even if those girls are pins, I think it is high time they are found or declared dead. If there is anything like Chibok girl though.

Ese didn't not stay up to a year and she is pregnant already...chibok girls, by now, are all grandmothers.
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by hezy4real01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
God help PBM to intensify oo
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by wristbangle: 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
Goldencollins:

Hmm
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by caphone: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
Erfolg:

Chai!! I salute yu oo, see how yu read my mind gaan for what I'm about to say. I wonder what some of them are doing there. Tomorrow they'll come and say we've passed 20,000 bills in one hour. Bunch of clowns

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Godjone(m): 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
even senate ma don dey wail.

Make una remind am ooo because baba go soon deny say he no promise nigerians say he go rescue chibok girls.

Talk of a dullaard, find one in a buwari
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by caphone: 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
wristbangle:

Hmm

A simple definition of cancaworm braindead wailer
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Fogman(m): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
This Chibok girls by now should be baby feeding their 2nd child if Ese who was abducted about 6months ago is now heavily pregnant.

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by moderatorr: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is very wrong, this is what they should focus on about girls
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XotKrAtiZ2Y
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by Disneylady(f): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
KissCODE:
Honestly, we've been scammed! Why is Oby now silent and less agile unlike the era of Jonathan when she speaks big big grammar choi o

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by erico2k2(m): 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Erfolg:
Why?
Have you forgotten that it was on this strength they won the election with the undecided voters?One would have thought the bring back our girls should be on top of the Agenda. All of a sudden the flg bearers of the campaign had gone silent almost non existent

Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by jef131: 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Deputy Senate president should relinquish his post for a woman.this will clearly show he is after gender balance and support a woman Senate ticket in his constituency in the next senate
Re: Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue by drss(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
chai! front page n still on one page anoda prove dat chobokk girls kidnap is scam used against GEJ. those involved in dis scam will not finish their tenure.

Sanwo-Olu Cautions Religious Leaders Against Incendiary Comments / Osinbajo Says He Is Indebted To Nigerians / I Won’t Recognise Convention Outcome – Sheriff

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69