Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,074 members, 7,835,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict (7270 Views)

Elu P 78, Elu P 79 - LP Rep Says At The National Assembly / No Cause For Alarm, I Wasn't Sacked β€” LP Thaddeus Reacts To Tribunal Judgement / Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Nemere2020: 8:54am On Sep 09, 2023
PRESS RELEASE

HON. PAUL NNAMCHI REJECTS TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT THAT NULLIFIED HIS ELECTION, HEADS TO APPEAL COURT.

Following the nullification of his election to represent the people of Enugu East/Isi-Uzo Federal constituency at the National Assembly by the three-man member of the National Assembly Election Tribunal at its sitting in Enugu today September 8, 2023, Professor Paul Nnamchi has rejected the verdict, saying it does not conform with the law and expectation of his teaming supporters.

This is contained in a Press Release by his Media Adviser, Sam Nwanze.
According to him "I am not satisfied with the judgment of the tribunal which to me is not in accordance with the provisions of the law and expectation of my teaming supporters. Consequently, I have instructed my lawyers to proceed to appeal the matter at the Appeal Court which has the final say on the case and I am confidence we will get justice at the Appeal Court. My confidence in the judiciary is not shaken by this judgment. I am hopeful justice will be served at the next level and the current verdict will be overturned at the appellate court.
I want to use this opportunity and appeal to my teaming supporters to remain calm as we are hopeful to reclaim the mandate at the Appeal Court.
I also use this opportunity to thank and appreciate all my supporters who have called to show solidarity and those who may not reach me. I can assure you all of my resolve to defend the mandate freely given to me through your votes by fighting to the end.
It is not yet over.
God bless all of you.

Signed
Sam Nwanze
Media Adviser to Prof Paul Nnamchi
September 8, 2023.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0CCudTR6ojwLSAx5AKHr8DGoCngJvt4zBpvjqhY7CPbrP4bEWN8i6UAPTpPJjS92ul&id=100042342836327&mibextid=Nif5oz

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7833576/enugu-east-isi-uzo-fed-const#125666564

2 Likes

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Alchemy528: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2023
Ok ooo
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by TemplarLandry: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2023
cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Ssor: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2023
His constitutional rights
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by bewla(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2023
Dramer

2 Likes

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by benuejosh: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2023
Ahap

1 Like

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by SuperXmake: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2023

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by TyProd: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Ssor:
His constitutional rights
I agree
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by samdaisi: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2023
Labour party and his disobedient kids too participated in massive rigging in last general election, useless and partition kids

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Humap: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2023
Okay
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Godsonkemz(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2023
Nigerian tribunal verdict doesn't reflect the mind of the masses but that of APC.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Jostoman: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
na for nairaland you dey sleep and wake up. grin grin well-done o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by eldoradoxx: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2023
All these judgements of the tribunal that determine pre election matter of nomination will be set aside by the Court of Appeal. PDP's case against Shettima and recently Obi's case have already determined that the only disqualifying thing you can bring in election petition is the one fixed by the constitution. Party A cannot be asking the tribunal to determine whether candidate of party B was properly nominated for being nor not being s member of a political party that nominated him.

3 Likes

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by olisaEze(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2023
The men of Issachar were wisemen because they understood the times and seasons. Everyone has their time and season. Agbero, INEC, judges, now lawyers, and one day the Nigerian people! Whether the good Prof wins or loses again, lawyer will still collect appearance fee. Matured statement all the same, though I hope he’s feeling as confident as he sounds. The rest of the country seems to have lost confidence in the system. And a people who think they’re living under an 'anything goes system' are one step away from anarchy because "in a lawless society it is illegal to be law abiding." - Gani Fawehinmi

3 Likes

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by jumper524(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Godsonkemz:
Nigerian tribunal verdict doesn't reflect the mind of the masses but that of APC.
SE Nigeria and social media is not the masses.

4 Likes

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by computer0810(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2023
Many of dis LP candidates were just opportunists

1 Like

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by computer0810(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2023
Godsonkemz:

Tribunal verdict is not to reflect anybody's mind but to reflect the constitutional grounds......the problem with u ppl is once u lose the institution is bad but had it been it was in ur interest u will say dey r d best

Nigeria does not start and end in d south, obi was just saying he won, he should mention the state he won the he got rigged out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Primusinterpares(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2023
The Judiciary is now the tool for the wealthy politicians to exert their wicked acts under the law

1 Like

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Morbeta11(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2023
samdaisi:
Labour party and his disobedient kids too participated in massive rigging in last general election, useless and partition kids

I believe you are addressing yourself as useless....you want a nigeria that is one party state and docile.....You have a dull brain. This Obidient movement made this election more competitive and will bring out the best in the next election.Try around the world and see how democracy works. Quit residing in one rural beer parlour and be spewing nonsense cos you have 2mb data. w Go out and get updated...Obidients are the future, if Tinubu performs well he will win them over, after all they are revolutionary Nigerians and youths that seeks better governance.......hook line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Chibuzoripob: 9:24am On Sep 09, 2023
cheesy Nonsense. We are IPOB NOT NIGERIANS angry. He should return Nigerians money and come back home

We are BIAFRIANS not NIGERIANS. angry cool
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Chibuzoripob: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2023
undecided
undecided grin cheesy grin eluu-p from top to bottom ti lule
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by ecolime(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2023
Everyone dey vow.

Nigerian lawyers are the biggest winners here. Cash out season cool
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Lama70(m): 9:27am On Sep 09, 2023
He should exhaust all avenues toward reclaiming his supposed mandate. He must also be truthful to himself judging by the fact that some people are benefiting from this attempt.

He should be careful not to lose position and money as well. It's important.
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by inoki247: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2023
Ok good...

According to the constitution another party doesn't have the right to challenge how's opponent was nominated...

1 Like

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by zizoo36: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2023
Continue to labour in vain undecided
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by iammo(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2023
cool

God Bless Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR

A Man who lost Election and honorably conceded defeat, call to congratulate the winner and moved on as his victory is not worth violence

Sore lossers of Labour Party want to bring down INEC, Judiciary, and Nigeria for losing

1 Like

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by duro4chang(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2023
Election thief typical if Loser party(LP)
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Baatunde(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2023
By my counting at least four APC members of the National Assembly have now been sacked in favour of either PDP or LP, some PDP and LP also have been sacked. A couple of rerun were ordered also. Is this not a confirmation that our judiciary is doing its best? Lots of people do not understand most of the technicalities that goes with these legal decisions. A very good case can be spoiled by technicalities if not properly presented, would you blame the judge(s) for that? Obi did not even prove any case of irregularity talk less of PROVING BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT

computer0810:

Tribunal verdict is not to reflect anybody's mind but to reflect the constitutional grounds......the problem with u ppl is once u lose the institution is bad but had it been it was in ur interest u will say dey r d best

Nigeria does not start and end in d south, obi was just saying he won, he should mention the state he won the he got rigged out

1 Like

Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by obembet(f): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2023
All we want us better Nigeria
Re: Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by IfnobeGod20: 10:42am On Sep 09, 2023
iammo:
cool

God Bless Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR

A Man who lost Election and honorably conceded defeat, call to congratulate the winner and moved on as his victory is not worth violence

Sore lossers of Labour Party want to bring down INEC, Judiciary, and Nigeria for losing

I thought the constitution gives losers of elections the right to ventilate their electoral lost at the tribunal? If Jonathan refused to toiled that line of appealing his lost at the polls, does that mean others should jettisoned their right just because Jonathan do that? Please it is not by force to comment sometimes, even if you suspend your IQ because of politicians, others may not.
Hence, it is within the constitutional right of anyone or party that is aggrieved to vent their lost at the tribunal. Common sense!

Meanwhile, the last time I checked, the people you alleged want to bring down INEC, Judiciary and Nigeria had never taken arms against any institution for the reason that the lost election, not even remotely beat any agent of government that administered the elections but it is on record how supporters of APC beat up INEC adhoc staff and other supporters of political parties, maimed and injured them.
I will advise you to fear God, even though if you don't fear human being.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land / What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election / If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.