Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. (720 Views)

Nigeria Is Not A Free Country, North Control Affairs; Stop Lying– FFK Explodes / Amina Yahaya-Bello: "I Was Told To Kill My Son With Cerebral Palsy" / Junaid Mohammed To Presidency: Stop Lying To Nigerians About Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by makyegh(m): 6:38am On Mar 09, 2016
WHEN WILL Governor Samuel Ortom REPENT? Ordinarily, I'm not given to making post
because of lack of imagination or the intellect to make one; it's merely habitual as I prefer to read posts made and if need be, make comments or replies. However, I feel strongly compelled to make a post this morning with the caption: WHEN WILL GOVERNOR ORTOM REPENT? And the subject matter is about Ortom's alleged #4.2 billion naira monthly wage bill. About four weeks ago, Ortom, at a thanksgiving mass in Adaka, a suburb of Makurdi, organized in favour of my senior colleague and majority leader of the Benue State House of Assembly, first dropped the news (to my hearing and it was aired on Radio Benue), that his new wage bill is #4.2 billion naira monthly. I considered this either as a huge joke or that the 'man of God' was quoted out of context and waited patiently for him to come out and refute the news item. To my greatest consternation and rudest shock, Ortom repeated this yesterday while addressing government house correspondents (and it was again aired on Radio Benue) that his monthly wage bill is #4.2 billion. I consider this the BIGGEST FRAUD of the century (even at the risk of SARS or a libel suit) and calls on Governor Ortom to repent. My reasons are as follows: 1. Ortom inherited a State wage bill from the previous administration of less than #3 billion naira a month. 2. There is no public recruitment into the State Civil Service. 3. Ortom's political appointees are less than half of those in the previous administration. 4. Some civil servants have either retired or died since the inception of the administration. 5. And finally, the take home pay of a Benue Civil Servant has not increased to suggest a new minimum wage. So, can the Governor or Government aides or any person with better knowledge educate me (us) why the monthly wage bill has moved from less than #3 billion to #4.2 billion. Terver Akase et al, I'm waiting, please.

Culled from George Usongu
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by HungerBAD: 6:40am On Mar 09, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by mrphysics(m): 6:41am On Mar 09, 2016
Really? you don't mean it. Gov.abeg stop lying.
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by agya1: 6:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Unfortunately Benue has never had a Governor since 1999. From Akume to Suswam, now we have another dullard who thinks governance is only about paying wages and salaries. I weep for Benue!!
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by Omexonomy: 7:02am On Mar 09, 2016
Let those badly programmed apc zombies catch you
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by Omexonomy: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2016
Let those badly programmed apc zombies catch you. He inherited a montly wage bill of 2.4 billion
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by omenka(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2016
agya1:
Unfortunately Benue has never had a Governor since 1999. From Akume to Suswam, now we have another dullard who thinks governance is only about paying wages and salaries. I weep for Benue!!
Akume was a good governor, and his legacies are there for all to see. The problem I have with him is his imposition of governors on the state. Suswam was a disaster and Ortom would indeed be far worse if he continues along this trajectory.

That man doesn't behave like a pastor at all.
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by TippyTop(m): 7:24am On Mar 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by Immatex(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2016
He has increased his personal take-home, hence the new wage bill.
Re: Gov. Ortom Told To Stop Lying. by TippyTop(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2016
omenka:
Akume was a good governor, and his legacies are there for all to see. The problem I have with him is his imposition of governors on the state. Suswam was a disaster and Ortom would indeed be far worse if he continues along this trajectory.

That man doesn't behave like a pastor at all.
Bros, The Fulanis are back with a vengeance. Your thoughts on this new development would be welcomed.
https://www.nairaland.com/2979360/fulani-herdsmen-kill-40-farmers#43606899

(1) (Reply)

Missing Kid Pls Help. Photo Added. / How Is PMB Going To Fund NEDC? / Retired Justice Of Supreme Court Rules That Saraki's Trial Is Political

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.