Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard (30733 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC / Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Reference(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
CFCman:

We all know that the NNPC, as we know it, is a cesspool of corruption. But the president cannot act illegally to reform/reorganize the institution. Due process must be followed.

Thank you. And the people saying bull here fail to realise that their representatives are tools of their own interests. If they want the NNPC unbundled their reps will not oppose it and to my knowledge they have not.

The reason why the PIB is not passed is not because of the reps but the people they represent - Nigerians.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by onegig(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
Progress2468:

Your narrow-mindedness won't make you understand that these are not subsidiaries but independent entities which are expected to act as such
Narrow mindedness?

You should look at a mirror before making such statements. The Senate should go to the Supreme court if they need the interpretation of such act. The act is fairly simple and easy to understand. If you don't get it. Then seek the Supreme 's Court interpretation.

I have given you what the NNPC act says. You should make counter claims with differing acts or facts not straw man's interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by jydeskill1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
Only task oriented people will support thiis so called senate thiefs...result oriented people will think differently. What amendment dey need to do can still be done. It should disturb d process of unbundling.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Kay17: 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Fit2Rule:

You gotta learn to write like a literate and sane creature. Where on earth does a President wake up and "unbundle" a corporation that was established by law? What act is enabling the establishment of these so-called units and subunits? This is a democracy for God's sake. We use laws not decrees! Tell your dear Buhari to get this into his head and wake to governance. Being a Buhari fanatic should not make you display your ignorance and foolishness in public fora. #No offence intended#

The NNPC Act creates NNPC and a Petroleum Inspectorate and grants powers to the corporation in respect to its functions.

The Act did not create subunits or administrative components of NNPC. That automatically gives the executive the discretion to design the corporation operations in a manner which it runs efficiently.

The key questions to ask whether the unbundling act is illegal or unconstitutional;
1. Does the NNPC still exist as a body corporate?
2. Are any of its powers curtailed?
3. Has the NNPC board membership changed?

My answer to all above is no! The NNPC still exists with all its powers and functions. What changed was its administrative units.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
introvertedsoul:

Thank you. . . Learn to spell Guinness and then we can proceed.
Cheers
Hehehheh you know the word we use for what you just did? We'd say you skedaddled. Rofloool, I understand ur plight my friend. Perhaps you would also ask me to spell 'ur' properly. grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
Akshow:
I stand with Buhari. Thunder faya any wailer that will quote me.
Bros i dey your side.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Kay17: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
Fit2Rule:

Go back and read again. They aren't subsidiaries. They are new units. The NNPC have been unbundled. These new units are run by CEOs and not just Managers. They are going to operate independently. God help us... If they go through with this, there won't be an NNPC no more. Let's leave politics behind and face the reality of governance. Please take this message to your grandpa PMB

Your description of new independent units is ambiguous. Do you mean these units no Group Managing Director to report to? Do you mean that the NNPC has no ownership of these units?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
tubouncen:

''Maybe'' because he doesnt want dollar to change hand... Cos those beer parlour touts will always want something in return...My opinion though....
I agree with you but Yar Adua(god bless his memory) didn't have to throw around bags of cash and he nearly always had his way. You remember the famous speech he gave on the floor when they began impeachment proceedings against him? I dare say that was a watershed. Buhari has to be the leader who voted him to be. The instruments and powers of the presidency are enormous. He can't allow some ragamuffins to slow pace him. He has just 3 years left.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Zieristclair(m): 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
mile12crises:
Buhari was a former military Dictator and still Democratic Dictator.

He cannot change.

He has violated Nigeria constitution on different occasions and deserve an impeachment notice to make him seat up.

PMB does not believe in rule of Law. He still have military believe of Head of State instead of President.

God save Naija from Tyrant PMB.
and you are the **** on this forum to think that your assertion or that of your likes would make the unbundling of the corrupt NNPC to be reversed.go and impeach the president if you get mind.by the way the silly NASS CAN'T COUGH.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by tubouncen(m): 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I agree with you but Yar Adua(god bless his memory) didn't have to throw around bags of cash and he nearly always had his way. You remember the famous speech he gave on the floor when they began impeachment proceedings against him? I dare say that was a watershed. Buhari has to be the leader who voted him to be. The instruments and powers of the presidency are enormous. He can't allow some ragamuffins to slow pace him. He has just 3 years left.

the only president that mean well for Nigeria was yaradua (God bless his soul)... That is why i respect OBJ till today... For bringing him out bt the CABALS didn't allow him last
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Zieristclair(m): 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Akshow:
I stand with Buhari. Thunder faya any wailer that will quote me.
I stand with Buhari too.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by introvertedsoul: 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Hehehheh you know the word we use for what you just did? We'd say you skedaddled. Rofloool, I understand ur plight my friend. Perhaps you would also ask me to spell 'ur' properly. grin
Ur is an abbreviation, what you did was spell a word wrongly, do not try to wriggle your way out of this. . .
You are in a quicksand situation here, don't make it any worse for yourself.
Me skedaddle from a borderline dimwit? That's a good one. I simply laid your intellectual frailty and ineptitude bare for the world to see.
Be a man about it and admit your limited intelligence let you down. . . .
All this talk about intellectual proficiency and capacity is utterly stupid, but bear in mind your threw the first shot, and are now being made to look like a bullet ridden manikin.
Take spelling classes . . . it helps.
#Thankmelater
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Reference(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kay17:

The NNPC Act creates NNPC and a Petroleum Inspectorate and grants powers to the corporation in respect to its functions.

The Act did not create subunits or administrative components of NNPC. That automatically gives the executive the discretion to design the corporation operations in a manner which it runs efficiently.

The key questions to ask whether the unbundling act is illegal or unconstitutional;
1. Does the NNPC still exist as a body corporate?
2. Are any of its powers curtailed?
3. Has the NNPC board membership changed?

My answer to all above is no! The NNPC still exists with all its powers and functions. What changed was its administrative units.

So if the NNPC can be restructured at the drop of a hat how enduring will these heavenly changes be and will it not be better to pin these changes down with the weight of the law with 170million Nigerians on top of it so that some scoundrel doesn't toss it into the bin tomorrow. At the end of the day it remains the same argument. What Nigeria needs most to develop are strong institutions. Democracy is not a one man show no matter what one's feelings are. The solution to dysfunctional arms is not to relegate them but to develop them because a nation's strength is the weakest link.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by judondasylva(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
CORRUPTION & WASTAGE: Buhari And Jonathan, At A Glance. FACT IS FACT.

1] Jonathan sold Petrol at N87 while Buhari is selling at average of N300 & above, yet Buhari supporters think Jonathan was more corrupt and wasteful.

2] When Jonathan Budgeted N1bn for feeding in Aso-Rock in 2011, and N517m in 2015, APC cried wolf and now Buhari's budget for same is N1.7billion. Yet Buharists are mute and still think GEJ was more corrupt and wasteful.

3] Jonathan spent N1.4bn to service all presidential jets in one year while Buhari spends N6bn on same in 6month yet Buharists
think GEJ was more corrupt and wasteful.

4] Jonathan gave more funding to education while Buhari's 2016
budget favours Ministry of information more than education
yet Buharists think GEJ was more corrupt/wasteful.

5] Jonathan spent an average of N8million on each international
trip while Buhari spends an average of N55million on each
international trip, yet Buharists think GEJ was more corrupt and
wasteful.

6] Jonathan created Over 5.8millon jobs in 5yrs while buhari has
sacked over 2million workers in 8months. Check Federal
Bureau of Statistics.

7] Jonathan made Nigeria's economy the best in Africa and No 1 investment destination & quadrupled our GDP in 4yrs while Buhari has dragged Nigeria's economy down to 14th position in ranking in just 7months.

8] Jonathan left Naira exchange rate @ N185 to $1 but Buhari with his Adama and Eve economics has destroyed the Naira in just 8 months which now sells at N315 to $1.

9] It took Jonathan less than 2weeks to select his cabinet including foreign based technocrats while it took Buhari 6months to do same. Even with indicted people and no single economist among the 36 names.

10] Buhari claimed that subsidy was fraud (Who is subsidizing who@) but buhari has spent N1.2trillion on fuel subsidy in the last 5 months and still no fuel while all Buharists have suddenly gone dumb.

11] Buhari/APC accused Jonathan of corruption but have not been able to pin one stain on him, while Muhammadu Buhari himself followed the crowd that entered into the #DasukiGate.

12] Under Jonathan freedom and liberty of Nigerians was not determined by party affiliation, but today under Buhari his perceived enemies and political opponents are leveled with frivolous allegations of crimes and intimidated with either the EFCC or the DSS.

13] Buhari does not have an Honorary WAEC but bags an
illegal Honorary (Ph.D) from a university that have no PhD student and Not approved by NUC and yet Buharists respect his NEPA Bill more than GEJ's PhD.

14. Buhari used his secondary school principal's recommendation letter to become Military Head of State and again used Court Affidavit to become President and no one reminded him that these are the height of corruption.
He Refused to declare his assets public, suppressing the FOI and denied all his 81 election promises and stayed in the last 8 months blaming former leaders. Jonathan was in that position, he never complained or blamed anyone, but faced his work even when Buhari's disgruntled brother ensured that Nigeria will know no peace. - Hope For Nigeria....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Zieristclair(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Henrichemeka(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is change of dress code...Not change of government. President Buhari changed his dress from military kaki to civilian Agbada! That does not make him a democrat...Beware!
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Zieristclair(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
stardragon:
buhari is the new IDI-AMIN OF UGANDA/NIGERIA!!!
u are not a human being.please bury yourself undecided
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by 4nobody4every1: 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2016

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Dlionsheart: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
Meritocracy:
Welcome idea, its a step to stop the one way failure of NNPC. The senator opposing it should be oil baron, the step is to break the monopoly of NNPC and enhance competition among the units.

But you must understand that NNPC, it's operation is set up by law and the law must be appealed before any restructuring. In a democratic setting all over the world, the law of the land or the constitution is supreme to all and the president is not above the law. The best you can do is to lobby relevant stakeholders like labour, NASS, etc. Let him follow due process and he will have my support.

Yes, the senators are right on this one. He is playing foolishly into the hand of his 'detractors'. Saraki must be smiling now.
But remember,
WHOM THE GODS WANT TO DESTROY HE FIRST MADE MAD.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by mrphate(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
this is a welcome idea but must they always put the cart before the horses? the presidency announced it plan to overhaul the system and the dumb Senate did nothing but waited to cause a stir after actions have been taken. i still blame the presidency for not following due process tho. #buharidotherightthingNOW
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by obynaDmob(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
introvertedsoul:

Umm nope. . . You are an exceptional case.
Not a bad thing though, you can always say to people " I am special". . . . with a smile on your face. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Zuula(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
The senate can't do shit as far as Saraki Remains the Senate President,all it will take is for the C.C.T to bring up DAT his case again and he will surrender to his boss's wish..

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by mrphysics(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
Progress2468:

Receive sense !!!!!!!

You have successfully moved your brain from your head to your anus. so you now think with your left nyash.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by introvertedsoul: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
obynaDmob:

I liked your post. . .
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by dklex(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

Try the impeachment joker now and see the reaction. We are waiting

Impeachment ko, immobile ni, God will punish all the people that did not want this country to move forward. NASS, bunch of corrupt men.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Trendishine: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
DabELLs:

And what makes you think the first three people on your list are not to be blamed I don't understand why most of these Igbo boys always support criminals.
y must u bring igbo n ur tribal slur into pertinent issues like this? u prove urself more inane than the buffon u are qouting..am an igbo guy, n i support buhari over 200%.. the pleb uv quoted is an inaffectual pdp buffon and uv ignorantly towed even a more terrible mental line of derailment n tribal slur. than the nimrod u qouted. wonder y tribal bigotry of most of u plebeians makes a mess of even the most little points u try 2 make. jst to steal cheap points of wanting 2 insult a tribe. as if u even have any dignity left.. wen ur meaningless statement alone have shown how inferior n less reasonable u are. na wa 4 una o. u shld try and grow sense.. u jst made a fool of wateva u intend 2 spew.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Opharhe:
In as much as i fully support the overhaul of the NNPC(infact Nigerian as a whole needs overhauling), Buhari did'nt follow the right procedure which is amendment of the act establishing the NNPC first. Do you really think the Senators are working against public(Nigerians) interest? Are the protesting workers not Nigerians too?

LMAO.
You really think that the Senate will work for anything that will benefit the average Nigerian?

LOL.
You haven't woken up yet.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
If Buhari can not govern according to the law he should resign
No matter how well intended his actions are they must be ratified by the National Assembly where necessary

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Paperwhite(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Unbundling the NNPC is welcomed but using draconian process to attain same is not encouraging.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Kay17: 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Reference:

So if the NNPC can be restructured at the drop of a hat how enduring will these heavenly changes be and will it not be better to pin these changes down with the weight of the law with 170million Nigerians on top of it so that some scoundrel doesn't toss it into the bin tomorrow. At the end of the day it remains the same argument. What Nigeria needs most to develop are strong institutions. Democracy is not a one man show no matter what one's feelings are. The solution to dysfunctional arms is not to relegate them but to develop them because a nation's strength is the weakest link.

Wouldn't it be unimaginable difficulty to consult the National Assembly each time administrative restructuring takes place? With the turbulent oil market we have today, an oil business like NNPC should have the flexibility to adapt as it sees fit with little time lost.

Besides you have demonstrated a poor understanding of executive powers and how broad and powerful they are.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Kay17: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dlionsheart:

But you must understand that NNPC, it's operation is set up by law and the law must be appealed before any restructuring. In a democratic setting all over the world, the law of the land or the constitution is supreme to all and the president is not above the law. The best you can do is to lobby relevant stakeholders like labour, NASS, etc. Let him follow due process and he will have my support

The law allows for NNPC to go as far as create its own subsidiaries. Nobody is denying the constitution its place.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Gboliwe: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Yeye news, even before they shut down operations, we have been battling fuel queues and scarcity. The terrorist only knows to steal, kill and destroy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers / We Will Decentralise National Grid, Invest $550m To Boost Power Supply – Buhari / Court Remands Dasuki In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.