Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard (30737 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC / Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
When Buhari's cup is full, Saraki would coommence impeachment proceedings.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Built2last: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
If this guy had not dashed the hope of many
If he acted fast when his body movement created an atmosphere. .

People are weary already. No matter how good his intention. ..He will face tougher challenges.

Again, Saraki is a drowning man. Pulling down this government for the party to be floated soon will do them good.

Buhari drew his own circle of doom by the time he wasted in appointing ministers, junketING and the padded budget he presented with his Sallah cloth without reading it nailed him.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Meritocracy: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
Welcome idea, its a step to stop the one way failure of NNPC. The senator opposing it should be oil baron, the step is to break the monopoly of NNPC and enhance competition among the units.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
tubouncen:
Ok

Bro they summoned him because it didnt favour them, if it'd favorur them, they would have kept mute...

Don't let ur hatred for buhari consume ur entire system cos u still have atleast 3more years to have him as YOUR president... Learn to read and decipher posts before commenting
Do you understand that what is wrong is wrong?

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by phemflex90(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
Buhari action about unbundling NNPC is part of executive functions, so the legislative arm should allow executive to perform it functions.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
I wonder the kinda legislators we have in this country...Move a motion to impeach him them he will wake up to reality....I lost faith in Buhari the day he called Nigerians Bad people in front of a world meduim...
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by ckmayoca: 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jacks14:
the defeat of Otuke drunkard still hunts u.....u no go tire

Is adeyeye a wailer too? APC senate.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by ApcSucks: 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
mile12crises:
Buhari was a former military Dictator and still Democratic Dictator.

He cannot change.

He has violated Nigeria constitution on different occasions and deserve an impeachment notice to make him seat up.

PMB does not believe in rule of Law. He still have military believe of Head of State instead of President.

God save Naija from Tyrant PMB.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Peterwins(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
The crux of the matter:

illegal as the federal government did not consult the National Assembly to repeal the enabling law that set up the organisation, before breaking it into different components.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by flokii: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:
When Buhari's cup is full, Saraki would coommence impeachment proceedings.

did you pass thru secondary skol atal?.. no vex o

just asking... cos dis ur reasoning dey one kind

3 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Akshow:
I stand with Buhari. Thunder faya any wailer that will quote me.
I throw my weight behind him too 100%

3 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by bittertruthz: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
mile12crises:
ABUJA- THE Senate has begun the process into the probe of the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to unbundle the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC In a point of Order by Senate Chief Whip, Senator Olusola Adeyeye on the floor of the Senate today, he drew the attention of other Senators to the unbundling of the nation’s agency in charge of the oil and gas sector in the country.

Adeyeye who will formally present a motion tomorrow where there would be extensive debate at the plenary, described the exercise as illegal as the federal government did not consult the National Assembly to repeal the enabling law that set up the organisation, before breaking it into different components.

Workers of the NNPC had shut down the corporation’s operations nationwide following the exercise and the development had led to fuel queues across the country. Details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/senate-probes-nnpc-unbundling-says-action-of-buhari-is-illegal/

Lobbyist at work. Just like the Lobbyists fighting Donald Trumps in USA.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Though the unbundling of the NNPC is a good move,but it's rather unfortunate that it's not in accordance with the law..the govt should have first tried to amend the NNPC act before going thru with the unbundling process..

You should know that will be herculean task; how long has the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) been in the house of representative and senate? They didn't pass it till date and you are asking PMB to toe that line too knowing that the perverts, selfish and corrupt reps and senators will trade on it till infinity to enrich their pockets and frustrate the move.

I stand with PMB on this one. Sometimes he may need to exercise fiat in a bid to achieve expected results. I choose to treat this as an executive decision. Senate and reps can go to hell!

8 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by mashin(m): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
The anti-money lundering bill sent to them, have they passed it, senate seems to be wasting time on one-man many wife issues, living out important over sight functions.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by baba11(m): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
blackiebobo:

I throw my weight behind him too 100%
.....same here tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by hrworld: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
If you are the President of this country, you will commit NNPC issue in the hand of our present Senate? Senate woke up one day and start to debate how we should all marry more wives. I will not blame Buhari if he vetoes some of important and urgent project that will move country forward. Now the Labour is shutting down everywhere. In whose interest?

6 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by baba11(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

You should know that will be herculean task; how long has the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) been in the house of representative and senate? They didn't pass it till date and you are asking PMB to toe that line too knowing that the perverts, selfish and corrupt reps and senators will trade on it till infinity to enrich their pockets and frustrate the move.

I stand with PMB on this one. Sometimes he may need to exercise fiat in a bid to achieve expected results. I choose to treat this as an executive decision. Senate and reps can go to hell!
You captured my exact thought....

3 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by arresa: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
Corruption is as usual fighting back..

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

did you pass thru secondary skol atal?.. no vex o

just asking... cos dis ur reasoning dey one kind
No I didn't, I was given astronomical promotions from primary school to post graduate college.
How about you? How depressed and zombied can you get that you don't understand a little pun?

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
sammyj:
Baseless and clueless set of people. What I also deduce from this is the corruption of the highest order!!! shocked shocked
We all know that the NNPC, as we know it, is a cesspool of corruption. But the president cannot act illegally to reform/reorganize the institution. Due process must be followed.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by ogmaskman: 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
Saraki and his goons forming (irrelevant) relevant
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by flokii: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

No I didn't, I was given astronomical promotions from primary school to post graduate college.
How about you? How depressed and zombied can you get that you don't understand a little pun?

ahaaa! ... no vex na

I sha don beg you grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Bgorgeous: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
It's going to spoil there choppings. These guys has just refused to realize things are changing
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

ahaaa! ... no vex na

I sha don beg you grin
We're good.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Bgorgeous: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
It's going to spoil their choppings. These guys has just refused to realize things are changing
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by henrysam(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
I really don't think buhari takes advice from. Is anthoney general if he does, then it means te two of them are dunce
We are in democratic government for Pete sake.
But what do we expect from President Buhari
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Jacks14: 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
mankan2k7:
what do u expect from a serial lawbraker? He still believes he is dictator, his DSS men harassing law abiding citizens. He deserves to be impeached asap
yes ooo go n impeach am na...
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by mynd1(f): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Who born dis senator
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by tubouncen(m): 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Do you understand that what is wrong is wrong?

It is wrong because he didnt follow due process, bt if he was to follow due process i'm very sure it will take up to 6month if they didnt still frustrate him, where's d budget today?....

Have u ever wondered why pdp and fayose kept mute about it... Had it been that its a wrong turn they would have shouted
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by sleepingTROUBLE: 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jacks14:
the defeat of Otuke drunkard still hunts u.....u no go tire
What about the defeat of Awolowo, the thoughtless rat poison drinker that is still hunting your whole tribe and will continue to hunt them forever.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by blackpanda: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
mile12crises:
Buhari was a former military Dictator and still Democratic Dictator.

He cannot change.

He has violated Nigeria constitution on different occasions and deserve an impeachment notice to make him seat up.

PMB does not believe in rule of Law. He still have military believe of Head of State instead of President.

God save Naija from Tyrant PMB.

Keep running your mouth and blabbing. Buhari doesnt have your time.
Haters and enemies of progress have no place in our new nigeria. You guys can go join your pdp thieves and looters in kirikiri!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Ahmeduana(m): 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
Akshow:
I stand with Buhari. Thunder faya any wailer that will quote me.
THUNDER FIRE AND STRIKE WHO EVER SUPPORT ILLEGALITIES.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Gets Accolades At Uk House Of Lords, As Troops Nab Sect Leader / Tinubu And Governors At Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Lagos / FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.