Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. (3685 Views)

See Couple's 11-year Old Poem Book That Has Helped Their Marriage / Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello everyone, this story is about my younger sister and I need your advice. My sis got married last year December to a man she thought she knew. After the traditional wedding she relocated to where he got an apartment for her. This guy doesn't stay in nigeria. Recently my sister went to visit one of her husband's cousin and was chatting with the wife of her husband 's cousin. The woman didn't know when she said that my sis is the third wife the guy is getting married to. And that his other wife has a daughter for him who is 5years old. Secondly he lied about his age he is 53 and lied to my sis that he is 39. Please I need matured advice. No insults please.
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Swissheart(f): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Speechless
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
Oro yii so si mi lenu, o bu yo si...shocked
The deed has been done. Pretend you didn't hear anything but watch your back.....
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
my sister has made up her mind to leave the marriage.
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by dulux07(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
Not all that glitter is gold.
The deed has been done already. She has gotten herself into it, so she should endure n if she cant, then she should divorce him. I guess those r d only two options available.
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Dheartless: 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
if she wanna leave then she should, who knows what else he may be hiding .

lol .
na money been blind her eyes

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by tonio2wo: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dem don already marry na!

So op, your entire family can not differentiate between a 39 year and a 53 year old? Abi dem splash d money cover una eye? Na whaa oh!

11 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by 2goodbobo(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Is absolute carelessness not to take time and find
Out vital information about your partner before saying I do. You don't allow love or money to blind that aspect because when eye Don clear e go Don late

2 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Dyt(f): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
All these diaspora men can like to have homebase ehn
Having 3 sef no do them

Well
Her choice
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by tpiar: 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
tonio2wo:

So op, your entire family can not differentiate between a 39 year and a 53 year old? Abi dem splash d money cover una eye? Na whaa oh!

I dont even know what to say.
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
tpiar:

I dont even know what to say.
pls say something. She is following this thread.
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Phut(f): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
I hope she is not pregnant yet, because that would make things so much easier. She should leave the Union. A man who would lie about such things, can kill. A better man for her is out there

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by tpiar: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
ebyjoyken:
pls say something. She is following this thread.

any particular reason why you quoted my post and not everyone else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Miami11: 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
If she is not pregnant she should divorce immediately.
That pervert seems to be a serial cheat and a serial marrying type. Trust me if she stays he will bring in some more wives

2 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by kpolli(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dyt:
All these diaspora men can like to have homebase ehn
Having 3 sef no do them

Well
Her choice
undecided undecided

There are always two legs in a football match
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan o
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
This one is really strong! He must have been really rich to have blinded and dazzled your entire family with his wealth not to ask obvious questions about him and run background checks. Abeg she should bear her cross. She didn't consult me when she was about to marry him, of what help will my advice be now

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 10, 2016
if i say whats on my mind.you will hate me.

lets assume your sister is naive,so all your family can detect the marginal difference in the age abi.

your sister,and her family members are gold diggers
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Dyt(f): 6:59am On Mar 10, 2016
kpolli:

There are always two legs in a football match

No
I thought there were 22
Are you guilty?
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by jabojafa(m): 7:32am On Mar 10, 2016
since the man is wealthy dat much why didnt he do white wedding and court wedding too? Since his 1st n 2nd wives are still much alive and she doesnt want to b a 3rd wife, then let her seek for divorce. Let her get evident about him that she wud use to nail him in court and get compensated for d lies. If she is a christain, she cnt remain his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by cococandy(f): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2016
Your sis? lipsrsealed

Well whoever it is, you know the right thing to do for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2016
jabojafa:
since the man is wealthy dat much why didnt he do white wedding and court wedding too? Since his 1st n 2nd wives are still much alive and she doesnt want to b a 3rd wife, then let her seek for divorce. Let her get evident about him that she wud use to nail him in court and get compensated for d lies. If she is a christain, she cnt remain his wife.
thank you. They have done court wedding, planing for the white wedding. But we have kept the white wedding on hold since this shocking revelation. For those asking if we didn't detect his age he doesn't look 53 one bit. My sis is not pregnant for him.

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by jabojafa(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2016
ebyjoyken:
thank you. They have done court wedding, planing for the white wedding. But we have kept the white wedding on hold since this shocking revelation. For those asking if we didn't detect his age he doesn't look 53 one bit. My sis is not pregnant for him.
i dnt tink any church dt preach the word on diluted wud wed them considering this new revelations. So the best this is for her to seek a divorce and get compensated big time. Then she shd draw closer to God who wud neva lead her astray.

4 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by TheArchangel(f): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
LET YOUR SISTER WALK or she may end up doing something drastic. This is deception. Ordinarily, peeps walks away from a deceitful partners in business talk more of a life long commitment like marriage that is based on a six foot depth of deceit.
She should go for annulment citing bigamy, and deception in short get a fucking lawyer to string together their legal jargon.

Who knows what your sister is thinking sef, maybe she is just in shock and will gather herself together and opt to stay because of the money. Who knows.!!

2 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Blade21: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2016
is the man still married to his previous wives if yes leave him if no then confront him with your findings and hear what he has to say if he's really remorseful then you have a heart to heart discussion let him come clean and tell you y the previous marriage a didn't work also find out and make sure he's not a wife beater and all then try and forgive him if you can cope then IF you can't move on but am very sure he didn't tell you about his previous marriages cos he knows you won't agree to marry him as for his age it's just but a number. PS : ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED IS ONLY OBTAINABLE IF YOU LOVE HIM TAKE CARE PEACE
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Richy4(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2016
I don't really get this whole thing......

<<<<< Is he treating your younger sister right?

<<<<< Before the investigation, was she in love with the man.....

<<<<< Does knowing his age got something to spice their love life..... as in can he do anything that a 39 year old can do?

If the answer to my questions were three yeses

Why can't she then politely ask him if truly he has married before and the circumstances surrounding the two ladies living him...
It could be out of fear of losing your sister that he did not mention it.....

This whole thing could be ironed out.......
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2016
Richy4:
I don't really get this whole thing......

<<<<< Is he treating your younger sister right?

<<<<< Before the investigation, was she in love with the man.....

<<<<< Does knowing his age got something to spice their love life..... as in can he do anything that a 39 year old can do?

If the answer to my questions were three yeses

Why can't she then politely ask him if truly he has married before and the circumstances surrounding the two ladies living him...
It could be out of fear of losing your sister that he did not mention it.....

This whole thing could be ironed out.......
yes he is treating her right. Before the investigation she was inlove with him. People said he treated the second woman badly so she got feed up and left.
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Richy4(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2016
ebyjoyken:
yes he is treating her right. Before the investigation she was inlove with him. People said he treated the second woman badly so she got feed up and left.

Simply sit your sister down and talk some sense into her...The idea of walking out of the relationship is not something she can do with anger...It is no longer boy friend and girl friend. it is marriage we are talking about..... The ability to iron out this phase of their relationship will either straightened it or make it collapse....This is their test of love towards each other.... she either pass it or fail it....

Besides, if the guy was treating her right and no problems what so ever, why would she walk out on the relationship....I understand that she was feeling bad because the man did not tell her about the former marriage..... but she should have it at the back of her mind that if she walks out of the marriage, she should prepare herself to explain to the next man that she has married before..... and if she failed to do that on time, she will be doing the same thing she was accusing the husband of .......

I guess the man was scared of losing her......

2 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Dexema(m): 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
he's been treating her right BEFORE getting married abi? what of AFTER, or do you know if this is how he was forming Leonardo di caprio with the other women before your sister. if your sis is still young, not pregnant and marriageable just spare her the evils and darkness that comes with polygamy and let her leave. trust me I have seen men who are serial and career polygamists and one common characteristic trait is that they don't stop flirting and chasing other women especially if they are rich and well to do. who knows if there's a fetish side to all of this.

1 Like

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by lesbiangirl(f): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
ebyjoyken:
Hello everyone, this story is about my younger sister and I need your advice. My sis got married last year December to a man she thought she knew. After the traditional wedding she relocated to where he got an apartment for her. This guy doesn't stay in nigeria. Recently my sister went to visit one of her husband's cousin and was chatting with the wife of her husband 's cousin. The woman didn't know when she said that my sis is the third wife the guy is getting married to. And that his other wife has a daughter for him who is 5years old. Secondly he lied about his age he is 53 and lied to my sis that he is 39. Please I need matured advice. No insults please.

A 53yr old man lied that he's 39 and y'all cudnt tell or u were all blinded by the money. It's only when a nigga is making it rain that people don't research well on his background. If your sis did she wouldn't have ended up in such a dilemma. tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by jashar(f): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
the guy must really take care of his self for a 53 year old to look like 39 year old?

Wow.....

Is she legally married?
Re: Their Marriage Was Based On Deceit. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Well if he is still married to the other two your sister can leave him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Story Of My Life And Lessons To Learn. / Would You Date A Single Parent? / Horrible Experience Living With My Relative Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.