Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (35479 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On Mar 10, 2016
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

275 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Obijulius: 7:10am On Mar 10, 2016
It is well with each and everyone of us.

Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor - Ginetta Sagan

If only life was just fair, millions of Nigerians have just woken up this morning with absolutely no clue on what to just eat or feed their families.

This disconnect from the government and the unholy silence in the face of biting hardship bodes evil for this Nation.

I pray we survive what is coming.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by kenny987(f): 7:11am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak either scared of a fulani man or extremely stu.pid to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

I think it might be peculiar to your area but I totally understand the effect on small businesses. My family does poultry so I know how tough it can be to keep em frozen and fresh.

I say Amen to ur last line...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:13am On Mar 10, 2016
kenny987:

I think it might be peculiar to your area but I totally understand the effect on small businesses. My family does poultry so I know how tough it can be to keep em frozen and fresh.

I say Amen to ur last line...

Oh really? Where are you based?

5 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:19am On Mar 10, 2016
Obijulius:
It is well with each and everyone of us.

Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor - Ginetta Sagan

If only life we just fair, millions of Nigerians have just woken up this morning with absolutely no clue in what to just eat or feed their families.

This disconnect from the government and unholy silence in the face of biting hardship bodes evil for this Nation.

I pray we survive what is coming.

Amen

5 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SleekAboki: 7:22am On Mar 10, 2016
The gameplan is to force the masses into submission for the new tariffs to take effect. They are messing up with your minds.
Aresa Gbawe ngeneukwenu omenka demdem egift do you guys have light?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by kenny987(f): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Oh really? Where are you based?

Abuja. The power comes and goes. Definitely less hours of power than I'm used to but not total blackout

6 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by heartbraker(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2016
@op abeg which nigeria is having total black out? here in my area light dey ooo even as i dey type now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Kingsasian(m): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2016
Op, are you a Jew in Nigeria? Is there any year since we were born that we haven't experience days if not months of total power outage in this country? Nigerians are well known to adapt to whatever situation we find ourselves hence the silence on the issue on ground. Thank God the politicians are gradually dying. God will and is fighting for us.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ajani1978(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2016
Look at ourselves someone lost 50,000 just only 4 days, my question is that if you have Light for 4days you gain 50k will you be able to pay 5% of your profit for light provider? Let check ourself before blame government all of us have a roll to play to make Nigeria great. God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2016
heartbraker:
@op abeg which nigeria is having totatl black out? here in my area light dey ooo even as i dey type
Lagos Mainland, majority, if not all, residents connected to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:46am On Mar 10, 2016
ajani1978:
Look at ourselves someone lost 50,000 just only 4 days, my question is that if you have Light for 4days you gain 50k will you be able to pay 5% of your profit for light provider? Let check ourself before blame government all of us have a roll to play to make Nigeria great. God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Funny

As of last year, IKEDC gives about 200 units of elect. at the sum of N3000.

In February 2016, N3000 was paid and we got only a meagre 85 units of elect.

That's about 75% deductions. If this massive rip off is not enough to provide electricity, then I can't help further.

I do not owe Buhari N1 from earnings, if they cannot make do with the benefits from my Electricity bills and bank charges, then they can go to hell. As regards the N50k, a penny would not be paid to the government unless of course, they are willing to provide me a job.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2016
kenny987:

Abuja. The power comes and goes. Definitely less hours of power than I'm used to but nor a total blackout

Fair condition sad

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by alienvirus: 7:49am On Mar 10, 2016
Sorry op. We are not going to protest. We love Buhari no matter the circumstance.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by otokx(m): 7:51am On Mar 10, 2016
Did the OP say Day 4? For some of us is day 80 something yet we pay bills regularly.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ishilove: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2016
I was wondering too o. Why the uncharacteristic silence??

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ishilove: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Lagos Mainland, majority, if not all, residents connected to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company.
I hear they are on strike. Is this true?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by badnature: 7:55am On Mar 10, 2016
the ZOO is crumbling before baboons and monkeys,as the Dracula,jihadists,pedophile and child rapist lead them to economic depression

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:

I hear they are on strike. Is this true?
I equally got the same message. I just don't understand the nature of the strike. Is it about IKEDC or electricity distribution companies in general?

3 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by seunmsg(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 10, 2016
It's a serious matter here in Aba, our current bill was calculated using the new tariff. Light I no see...
I am very sure the person controlling our power supply is bewitched, he would give us one useless low current that can't even carry bulb, as if that's not bad enough,it would be there for hours.

ThankGod for generators and inverters.

16 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ishilove: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

I equally got the same message. I just don't understand the nature of the strike. Is it about IKEDC or electricity distribution companies in general?
Ikeja Distribution Company set a competence test for their workers and laid off the ones that failed. The union went on strike

These unions have become a law unto themselves and are now holding everyone to ransom. Something drastic needs to be done about all these nonsense

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ishilove: 8:06am On Mar 10, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2016
seunmsg:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.

But when the same company provides 24/7 electricity, your hero Buhari would receive the glory?

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ishilove: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2016
badnature:
the ZOO is crumbling before baboons and monkeys,as the Dracula,jihadists,pedophile and child rapist lead them to economic depression
You are also in the zoo so you are an animal suffering the crumbling effects.

Rubbish. People are discussing serious issues and you're here speaking through your anus

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
It's a serious matter here in Aba, our current bill was calculated using the new tariff. Light I no see...
I am very sure the person controlling our power supply is bewitched, he would give us one useless low current that can't even carry bulb, as if that's not bad enough,it would be there for hours.

ThankGod for generators and inverters.

just imagine sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 10, 2016
It's always IKEDC with all the issues. EKDC provides electricity though it epileptic.

Hoping the Government can call this DISCO to order before the inflict unimaginable pain on the populace. Very terrible, ineffective company.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by 1shortblackboy: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2016
Is the body odour losing its potency undecided

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Ikeja Distribution Company set a competence test for their workers and laid off the ones that failed. The union went on strike

These unions have become a law unto themselves and are now holding everyone to ransom. Something drastic needs to be done about all these nonsense

Thanks for that link, I think I understand the situation properly.

If only I could get uninterrupted and easy access to fuel at the normal price, I wouldn't be so bothered.

6 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by LaurelP(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2016
And people are even justifying it, for Gods sake what have our so called leaders done to us?
Some are still blaming Jonathan, same way we blamed IBB, OBJ, Yaradua and will still blame Buhari after his tenure.
We have become used to suffering, our psyche has been altered to accept any crumbs thrown at us by our so called leaders.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by johnwizey: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2016
In my area here in Abeokuta we still had light till early dis morning o. Cant say for others though

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Returns To Kuje Prison, Despite Being Granted Bail / Wike To Jonathan: APC Will Destroy You, Remain In PDP / Kano Man Builds A Tricycle From Scratch, Atiku Reacts (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.