Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,385 members, 7,954,559 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? (2489 Views)

British/nigerian Soldier Serving In Afghanistan. / 17 People Beheaded In Afghanistan For Attending A Party / 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by yommyuk: 4:33am On Jul 18, 2009
There has been a shocking increase in the number of western casualities in Afghanistan over the past couple of weeks.
According to history the Afghan army has defeated many so called foreign powers over the centuries. Notably , BRITAIN AND RUSSIA
Why has Afghanistan been so difficult to conquer? First, there is its hostile terrain. Then there is the harsh weather - with very
hot summers and freezing winters. The Afghan people are fiercely independent and highly skilled in mountain warfare.

Can the Western Coalition ever hope to prevail in this wild, mountainous and strategically crucial nation?
What are they so desperately looking for
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
I wonder why NATO is so concerned with rebuilding and maintaing a democracy in that failed state. The people are so savage and barbaric thanks to islam that any attempt to help them is just a waste of time and resource. They {NATO} should have just gone in bomb the bastard muhajadeens and get the hell outta there. . .if by any chance they feel the urge to regroup and plan another 9/11 let the rain of explosives begin again. Soon the people of aghanistan would get tired and flush the terrorist elements from their midst by themselves.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by yommyuk: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2009
yep. employing a kind of muhammed Ali move. Go in, score points. and move out quickly. wink
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2009
Exactly!
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by mccloud224(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2009
@yommyyuk

You are right.The people are violent and fiercely independent.Now tell me, what are the foreign powers doing there?What are they looking for?What is so special about that place that they are willing to sacrifice the lives of tens of thousands of their soldiers that die every year.Is the middle east the only place where violence holds sway?Dem never talk true.Na until the middle easterners repeat another 9/11 with nuclear war head their sense go correct.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by mccloud224(m): 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2009
@Tudor

What gives NATO the right to bomb them?Who are they to dictate to them how they should live their lives?Do you know how many people die every hour from domestic/gang violence in the U.S?How would it sound if Russia wanted to send a "special" force into the U.S to combat the daily violence?Completely RIDICULOUS no doubt.Every race in this world has the tendency of being violent when pushed to the wall.Tell me, during the 90's, how many suicide bombings/attacks did you hear off from the middle east.It was quite uncommon during those days (when the Bush Snr.,Clinton and Saddam where in good terms and most importantly, doing good business).Everything started going downstream when the U.S wanted to play the bully and also play the puppeteer.That my friend, is when things started getting awry (the signs have been on since the 80's though but it was managed to a certain degree).

Let the truth be told.The level of violence in the middle east was and still is being perpetrated by the western forces.If you have read "The Prince", you'd understand the whole play.The easiest way to overthrow or destroy a family,community or country ignite disagreements and bias between them.By the time their unity is shaken to its roots, the rest is easy.This is what they did and they succeeded after capturing Saddam.Saddam was the glue that held the middle east together (dont know believe all that demonizing of him over the CNN,BBC and EURO news).
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2009
You dey ask me why NATO bomb them?? Who are they to dictate and blah blah blah. . .
Go and accomodate osama bin laden and let him use your home as a base to plan, finance and direct suicide bombings in america. . .wait in your house and ask why america should bomb you. Rubbish!
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by mccloud224(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2009
@Tudor

Do you find it so difficult to reply a post without being insultive?Anyways, i understand the mentality.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 11:43pm On Jul 18, 2009
Is this your ridiculous way of side-stepping issues??
Where did i use personal insults in my reply??
If you have nothing to say move along and stop accusing me falsely.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by mccloud224(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2009
The same thing repeats itself.I asked a simple question.Why is it so hard for you to reply posts without the unnecessary insults and jibber jabber?Hmmm?
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 12:49am On Jul 19, 2009
Advice: get a dictionary and look up the word "insult" - it'll do you a whole lotta good.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Hauwa1: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2009
Winning.

God bless our troops.

Semper Fi
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by yommyuk: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2009
@Tudor
i am starting to like ur style. You take no bullshit -
Great! wink
I will catch u later for some good sparring section.  cool
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by yommyuk: 1:42am On Jul 19, 2009
@hauwa, which side r u on aboki? and why do u think u r winning, and in what way?
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by mccloud224(m): 2:07am On Jul 19, 2009
@Tudor

I just did.It says "use of derogatory words or statements" which of course is the hallmark of your posts in general.Guess you never knew the real meaning of the word till now.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:42am On Jul 19, 2009
I'm so against the whole war thing, the sooner our troops pack up an leave their territory the better sad

there shouldn't have been a WAR in the first place, . . .
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by NegroNtns(m): 3:58am On Jul 19, 2009
There has been a shocking increase in the number of western casualities in Afghanistan over the past couple of weeks.
According to history the Afghan army has defeated many so called foreign powers over the centuries. Notably , BRITAIN AND RUSSIA
Why has Afghanistan been so difficult to conquer? First, there is its hostile terrain. Then there is the harsh weather - with very
hot summers and freezing winters. The Afghan people are fiercely independent and highly skilled in mountain warfare.

Can the Western Coalition ever hope to prevail in this wild, mountainous and strategically crucial nation?
What are they so desperately looking for

Yommy, I am interested in this topic. Can you give us your critical analysis of the situation if you have one please.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by bawomolo(m): 4:13am On Jul 19, 2009
yommyuk:

@hauwa, which side r u on aboki? and why do u think u r winning, and in what way?

she's on the side that gives her a job.

no put sand sand in her gari cheesy
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2009
@mcccloud224
I speak plain english and use no derogatory term if you feel insulted by my posts then thats your problem i never set out to insult anyone. Whatever you deduce from my posts is your fault not mine and i couldn't care less.capische?
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Beaf: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2009
There is more to Afghanistan than meets the eye.
The Bin laden family was flown out of the US in a chartered plane after 9/11. At a time when flights where banned. It is well known that George Bush had business dealings with the Bin Ladens (thats another story).

The war in Afghanistan is over a path (called Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline) for Caspian oil to flow to the sea. Ahmed Kazai is an ex oil man
with Unocal. Look through CentGas and Unocal and out pop ambasadors and various key players in Afghanistan.

The oil in the Caspian basin is estimated to be worth over US $12 trillion shocked shocked shocked

In 1998 privates Cheney, then CEO of Haliburton commented that "I can't think of a time when we've had a region emerge as suddenly to become as strategically significant as the Caspian." The same "hated" taliban mullahs were indeed invited over to Washington

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unocal_Corporation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Afghanistan_Pipeline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamid_Karzai#Unocal_connection

There is always a hidden story, and the story is oil.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf:

The Bin laden family was flown out of the US in a chartered plane after 9/11. At a time when flights where banned. It is well known that George Bush had business dealings with the Bin Ladens (thats another story).

This is simply ridiculous!
EVIDENCE pls??. . . .

The war in Afghanistan is over a path (called Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline) for Caspian oil to flow to the sea. Ahmed Kazai is an ex oil man
with Unocal. Look through CentGas and Unocal and out pop ambasadors and various key players in Afghanistan.

The oil in the Caspian basin is estimated to be worth over US $12 trillion shocked shocked shocked

In 1998 privates Cheney, then CEO of Haliburton commented that "I can't think of a time when we've had a region emerge as suddenly to become as strategically significant as the Caspian." The same "hated" taliban mullahs were indeed invited over to Washington

That was before they decided to support and help bin ladin fly planes into buildings. . .
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Afam(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf:

Please, tell them as it seems a lot of us here are simply too myopic and ignorant of the issues we dabble into.

However, I must warn you that the task is not an easy one because you will be faced with extremely ridiculous comments from people that think they know when in actual fact they know absolutely nothing on politics of this nature.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by yommyuk: 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2009
Now this is my stance

what is the west clear objective for their presence in Afghanistan?
Why are the interfering - are they sincere?

Let me give u a bit of history
The American-led invasion was a response to 9/11 with the aim of capturing Osama bin laden believed to be hiding in Afghan.
They also aimed to capture Mullah Omar, leader of the Hardline Islamist Taliban Govt and the destruction of the Al Qaeda terror group (RIGHT)
Osama, Omar are still at large! The Taliban remains a major force and Al Qaeda has not been destroyed.

British tried three times between 1839 and 1919 to conquer Afghanistan, and each time they failed. The First Anglo-Afghan War broke out when Britain invaded Afghanistan because she feared Russian intrusion into Central Asia. The British were eventually routed and the 16,000 strong army forced to flee Kabul in the winter of 1841. In 1839, the British military had the difficult task of convincing the Afghan population to accept the new ruler, Shah Shuja, as he was from a different tribe to that of the deposed ruler, Dost Mohammed. Shah Shuja's ascension to the throne in Kabul inevitably caused a shift in the balance of power, and those who had enjoyed political power under Dost Mohammed were cast aside and replaced with their rivals. This in turn caused widespread political disenfranchisement that manifested itself in violent rebellion. according to history only one man survived alive

A resurgent Taliban, apparently committed to an extremist vision of Islam and harbouring terrorists will never go away. The west should get out b4 history repeats itself undecided
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2009
I think you're right yommy. Terrorists and fundamentalist islamists would always be in afghanistan. NATO should have just done a strike and withdraw. Its like a weed, it grows and you cut it down and leave, next time you see it growing you go cut it down again and on and on. Its far cheaper and less lives would be lost.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by yommyuk: 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2009
I Feel yah wink
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Beaf: 12:28am On Jul 21, 2009
Tudór:

This is simply ridiculous!
EVIDENCE pls??. . . .
That was before they decided to support and help bin ladin fly planes into buildings. . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/world/a-nation-challenged-the-family-fearing-harm-bin-laden-kin-fled-from-us.html

Next? grin
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Beaf: 12:32am On Jul 21, 2009
Afam:

Please, tell them as it seems a lot of us here are simply too myopic and ignorant of the issues we dabble into.

However, I must warn you that the task is not an easy one because you will be faced with extremely ridiculous comments from people that think they know when in actual fact they know absolutely nothing on politics of this nature.

Thanks. I will survive by Gods Grace. I've seen your posts elsewhere, keep them coming.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Beaf: 12:39am On Jul 21, 2009
'(Washington, DC) -- Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released new documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”) related to the “expeditious departure” of Saudi nationals, including members of the bin Laden family, from the United States following the 9/11 attacks. According to one of the formerly confidential documents, dated 9/21/2001, terrorist Osama bin Laden may have chartered one of the Saudi flights.'

http://www.judicialwatch.org/6322.shtml
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 2:07am On Jul 21, 2009
@beaf.
so is this your pathetic evidence??
You made it sound like it was an illegal conspiracy and was done in collusion with osama bin laden. You conviniently fail to mention that flights where initially grounded and their departure was when flights were REOPENED 3 days later. and based on appeals from the 24 innocent family members {who's only crime is to belong to bin laden extended family} and the saudi royal family for their safety were flown out. This was done to avoid reprisal attacks and further unrest as there had been violence and sporadic unrest against arab americans. That is the way a responsible and democratic government works, unlike the terrorist and oppressive regimes you love. You expect them to be arrested because they're related to bin laden? It was clearly stated that ALL of them were estranged with the terrorist war lord and by no means had anything to do with 9/11. That is called TRUTHFUL JUSTICE no sentiments, prejudice or bias against them.
All these you ignore only to declare
"bin laden family was flown in a chartered plane after 9/11 at a time when flights where banned. Its well known that george bush had business dealings with the bin ladens" - Isn't your dishonesty and monumental bias glaring?? And you bodly declare i will survive by god's grace when all you do is peddle lies. What a sad shame.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Beaf: 2:16am On Jul 21, 2009
@Tudor
Stop talking stupidly. You are just tripping over your own tongue.
You are clutching wildly at straws like a madman, nothing you have said makes any sense.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Tudor6(f): 2:23am On Jul 21, 2009
Ofcourse they won't make any sense to you. . . . Wisdom to folks like you conotes twisting articles to demonize the American government.
Re: Afghanistan War - West Winning Or Losing The Battle? by Beaf: 2:29am On Jul 21, 2009
I even thought you'd have come back arguments that made sense. But you were either too lazy or daft to understand the articles. And you came back talking bullshit. When people are facing Lagos, your direction is towards gbangan like someone who is mentally lost. Damn!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“when My Firewood Is Finished, I Will Lie Down And Die,” - Ukrainian / Why North Korea Won’t Last Even Few Days In A War With U.s? / Why Africans Are So Coward??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.