Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

A Passionate Appeal! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Passionate Appeal! (257 Views)

Passionate Appeal To All IPOB Members To Stop The Confrontation / Ondo APC Governorship Tussle: Abraham Floors Akeredolu At Appeal Court / A Passionate Appeal To Tonyebarcanista To Stay On In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Passionate Appeal! by Victorakats(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2016
Good day ladies and gentlemen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and beyond, I have been a keen observer of what's going on in Nigeria and on the social media platforms and from most of our views, it's obvious that we hate each other with all passion.
The west attack the east, the North humiliates the south, the south rejects the west while the east struggles to belong to Nigeria. We have lost the respect and the appreciation for one another and have utilised the greatest tools for national development (social media) to a tool to fight, insult, abuse, embarrass and promote hatred and unpalatable communications.
Sometimes I wonder how much insults the forum receives to the volume of prayers and practical solutions that we proffer for national development and the success of the nation.
I feel that if we still cherish Nigeria as a vision, we would learn to embrace each other irrespective of our views and personal perceptions.
I feel that we should be honest and sincere in our views and opinions and refrain from so much insults and abuse. Let us refrain from tribal wars especially in the social media as they will only disintegrate our nation and promote anarchy and violence.
Let us remember that every leader irrespective of their political divide is accountable to both the majority and the minority and even if some are misinformed, another can educate the rest.
We cannot succeed if we are not united in our purpose to harness the many potentials and advantages of the social media which painfully is the only voice of many who may never have the privilege to reach out to their leaders.
I hope to see a Naira land where issues are tackled without sentiments, I hope to see a social media where the north, the south, the east and the west can discuss and express their opinions without being tagged a name or another.
Nigeria is going through an unpalatable phase, thousands have lost their lives, millions have lost their jobs and the basic amenities are expensive. Everything is at a stand still and there is a threat of disunity here and there, we cannot wage the war if we fight against one another.
We cannot move our nation forward when we defend what is wrong because they stand where we stand.
Walk, elections are over and social media campaigns should be replaced with social media advocacy for good governance, socio-economic development and implementation of policies that will enhance the standard of living of the common Nigerian.
We yearn to see a better Nigeria and it is the responsibility of you and I who believes in Nigeria to give our best, to say the truth and to support our leaders through constructive feedback to develop Nigeria bless her land.
I don't belong to any political party and I don't intend to belong to anyone, I don't wish that our nation will divide but it is my heart desire to embrace the south, the west, the north and the east as my own family and not be afraid to share in their journey!
I believe that Nigeria shall rise beyond her challenges and I cherish our peculiarities as a nation.
I'm proud to be a Nigerian and so passionate about Nigeria!
Yours Sincerely
Victor A!

1 Like

Re: A Passionate Appeal! by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 10, 2016
I believe Nigeria will b a better place if we can stop tribalism. It will bring about unity nd in turn help d country grow faster.
God bless Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

Katsina Police Nab 331 Cattle Rustler / The Fault In Ourselves / Ensuring Africa’s Continued Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.