Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

"Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? (1439 Views)

2019 Mercedes-amg A45 Gets All-new Engine With 400-plus Horsepower / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine / Does Your Engine Oil Dry Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Kashif(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
I ran into this video today, and not sure exactly what the risks are. Do you agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFtp_jmLF3k
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
let me watch I'll get back to you.

Modified: seen can't comment, but let me try it on my peugeot 406, seems to have a build up, will give a feed back.
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Danfuster(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
Check this out as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOoIuBu5xO4

He used water to decrabonize a VW SR injector type and he stated all the reason.
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Kashif(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Modified: seen can't comment, but let me try it on my peugeot 406, seems to have a build up, will give a feed back.

Okay sir, but am not sure I am going to try that. What if the cylinder suffers thermal shock?
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kashif:

Okay sir, but am not sure I am going to try that. What if the cylinder suffers thermal shock?

we defibrillate grin

1 Like

Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Danfuster(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

we defibrillate grin

Gazzuz... NO kill person ooo grin grin how you Wan do that one for car, abi na cardiac arrest the car get
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Danfuster(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kashif:

I believe such thing can't happen to your car cos a lot of cars have had cases of top gasket blown or damaged causing coolant to slip into the combustion chamber hence the reason why some car fume smell like pancake syrup. If you'd take the time to check out the YouTube link I posted earlier, you'd see where the guy displayed a chamber which got clean cos the top gasket broke. I'm gonna give it a try on my ML500

1 Like

Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Piyke: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

we defibrillate grin

grin grin grin
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Piyke: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kashif:

Ran into this a few weeks back. Some suggested using a spray device to make the water a mist, thus minimising the risks.
I respect Eric a lot, but...not bold enough to attempt this.
Let me await Gazzuzz's experiment.

Siena any thoughts?
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Kashif(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

we defibrillate grin

grin

Piyke:

Ran into this a few weeks back. Some suggested using a spray device to make the water a mist, thus minimising the risks.
I respect Eric a lot, but...not bold enough to attempt this.
Let me await Gazzuzz's experiment.
Siena any thoughts?

I still don't understand the need or effect. Will it improve combustion, efficiency or power? You can't get enough water in there to do any considerable cleaning without compromising combustion.

Danfuster:

I believe such thing can't happen to your car cos a lot of cars have had cases of top gasket blown or damaged causing coolant to slip into the combustion chamber hence the reason why some car fume smell like pancake syrup. If you'd take the time to check out the YouTube link I posted earlier, you'd see where the guy displayed a chamber which got clean cos the top gasket broke. I'm gonna give it a try on my ML500

I even watched another where he used videoscope to try proving this works but, it did not make much difference. The risk is higher IMO.
Re: "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take? by Piyke: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

@Gazz did you still do this on your 406? Any update?

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Economy/mpg Calculations / I Need A 4 Doors Nd Floor Gear Ford F150 2014 Or Above / Murano And It's Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.