Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,529 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? (10986 Views)

Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos: "My Husband Ran Away When He Saw The Scan" / Tips To Select The Baby Sex Of Your Choice At Concepton. / Man Absconds After Wife’s Scan Reveals Triplet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by halima83: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
I had an OBS Ultrascan yesterday and the Doc. told me it is a girl. I am 25 weeks into the pregnancy.

This will be my third child and third daughter if I finally deliver safely by the special grace of God in coming weeks.

I was really expecting a boy this time around.

Though the Doctor told me there is a chance it could still be a boy, because atimes scan results to determine baby's sex can be misleading.

How through is this his assertion?
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
Yes its possible but if eventually it turns out to be a girl, pls don't feel bad. Be happy cos u are better than a lot of people out there. I think I know y u are so concerned but if this will help, I knw a family of 5(3girls and 2 boys). The girls came first.

Also there are ways u can determine d sex of ur child. Google it and work with ur hubby towards it on ur next issue. Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by jashar(f): 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
are you having issues with anyone about the s.ex of your children?

1 Like

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Same thing happened to my friend though its her first child. scan told her its a boy but she delivered a girl through cs. when I went to the clinic she was asking if I've seen her son, I told her its a girl. So don't give up yet. Besides girls are a huge blessing if u ask me

3 Likes

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Cece20: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ultrasound is not 100% accurate. I had that hope when i was pregnant with my last child. Previously had two girls. I consoled myself that ultrasound could be wrong, that anything can still happen. Bought clothes unisex clothes althrough. At the end, it turned out to be a girl. My one and only Sofia. Seeing her now, i thank God every day for making her a girl. Can't imagin life without her and her sisters. And I'm done with the labour room. So cheer up, God knows what He is doing, whether boy or girl, be happy with your blessing.

10 Likes

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by peacengine(m): 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
halima83:
I had an OBS Ultrascan yesterday and the Doc. told me it is a girl. I am 25 weeks into the pregnancy.

This will be my third child and third daughter if I finally deliver safely by the special grace of God in coming weeks.

I was really expecting a boy this time around.

Though the Doctor told me there is a chance it could still be a boy, because atimes scan results to determine baby's sex can be misleading.

How through is this his assertion?

In your previous post you met a man on Whatsapp in 2015, exchanged pic and you were asking us if it is okay to start a relationship with him, now you already have three children for him or am I missing something ?

What do you want us to do about it? Keep having kids you will eventually have your boy. Are you better than my aunt and uncle at 45 and 44 no issues yet, Chai I wish she was the one in your shoes, abeg Park well jare

4 Likes

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by thorpido(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ultrasound scans are not a 100% accurate but it depends largely on the radiographer and his expertise.Most radiographers will get it right at 25weeks gestation as you said your pregnancy is.It's even easier if it's a boy because it is easier to spot the willie.

You might end up having a girl again and you should be grateful.Some are going through a lot just to have one child.I hope you are not under any pressure.

If you still desire to have one more child,there are things you can do to turn the odds in favour of having a boy.Just seek the knowledge.
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Dyt(f): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Nigerains and male child mentality
A child is a child
Wishing you a safe delivery

2 Likes

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Buharifan: 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
LALASTICLALA COME AND HELP HER....
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Blade21: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
see her looking for boys and me am here asking God for a girl nothing special about having boys you will talk and talk till you tire

6 Likes

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Drabrah(m): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Scan's not 100% accurate, esp as regards sex determination. However, most of d inaccuracies r man made, rather than machine errors. The accuracy depends on the skills cum expertise of d sonologist as well as d quality of d machine (3D scanners for example, cf 2D)
U may wanna repeat d scan @ arnd 34weeks as this may be more reliable due to better development of the external Instruments.
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
They are not always 100% accurate, my neighbor husband was heavily dissapointed, after he has been telling people and betting serious money that the wife is going to be having twin boys and she later had a girl.
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by byvan03: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
It was 100% accurate for me, please cherish your blessings. Many will give an arm just for a child.
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
So wat is d Fuss about wanting to know d sex of d child? if it was d opposite of what u wanted what will u do? kill d baby?

I think gender of d child shudnt b an issue.

Any pikin na pikin ooo
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Miami11: 2:42am On Mar 12, 2016
byvan03:
It was 100% accurate for me, please cherish your blessings. Many will give an arm just for a child.
Both mine were 100% right.
Poster just thank God for your baby irregardless of the sex
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by byvan03: 11:16am On Mar 12, 2016
Miami11:

Both mine were 100% right.
Poster just thank God for your baby irregardless of the sex

I really feel most errors are man made.
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by mission08: 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
Well, it largely depends on d machine and d medical person's expertise in reading the scan just like some people here have mentioned. What I did was to go for sex scan at diagnostics center (EchoScan). Those special centers are very accurate. For me, I can't wait till delivery to know the sex as that will guide my purchases. That has been very helpful as I like buying baby clothes in advance not just d unisex body suits.

If God blesses you with all girls please be appreciative.

It is well.
Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by Vyolet(f): 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
Not always accurate please.
I had my first scan at 20weeks and it showed a boy, i had another at 34 weeks, almost due for delivery and it showed girl, I delivered two week later and had a boy. Since then, I've stopped believing the ultrasound whatever.
Anyone that comes, just accept and love them.

1 Like

Re: Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? by GodnGold: 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
jashar:
are you having issues with anyone about the s.ex of your children?
Sis...that is not the issue here.

(1) (Reply)

I Took A Second Wife To Avert Impending Scandal / How Do You Deal With Toxic Parents / The Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.