Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

African Women And Domestic Violence: Be Free From Marriage Of Slavery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / African Women And Domestic Violence: Be Free From Marriage Of Slavery (971 Views)

Marriage Of Zimbabwean Woman Who Had Unprotected Sex With A Bizman Crashes / Court Dissolves Marriage Of Woman Who Collects N500 From Husband Before Sex / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Women And Domestic Violence: Be Free From Marriage Of Slavery by Lenny5k: 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
As the world celebrates International Women Day, we are www..com are reminded that despite the many outstanding contributions of women to make our world a better place, so many still face Domestic Violence, Spousal Abuse, Societal Pressure and the list goes on. Even as we salute the courage and contributions of every single woman out there, we dedicate this piece to you:

To ALL my African Sisters out there..around the world

Dont let ANYONE pressure you to get married.

Dont let ANYONE pressure you into having more children than you can afford. .they wont help you feed and clothe them..
Dont marry someone based off other people’s recommendations alone..do your research, investigations..

If you can not bear a son..it is not your fault. .only the man can make that happen. .do your research. .I know too many marriages that have scattered because of this..

Dont limit yourself to your tribe, religion, country or state for a spouse
..Dont marry an Abusive Man just because he is wealthy. .
When you are dead..another woman will take your place anyways..

I not only speak as your Uncle Harry Baba but also as an advocate for African Women and Domestic Violence. .before i got involved. .i used to think as ignorantly as other African/Nigerian men..

But now, i have worked with many Nigerian/African women who have been beaten by their husbands. .i have seen the light..
Many African women are treated like Slaves in their own matrimonial homes…millions of African women endure domestic abuse because they don’t want the “shame of divorce ” and would rather die..
May God bless you my African Sisters…give you the strength, courage, perseverance and the resources to be Free of a Slave Marriage. .

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING SINGLE. .

Nothing Wrong in Adopting a Child or Children. Better than marrying a shameless African goat that beats you every night.

http://.com/2016/03/10/african-women-and-domestic-violence-be-free-from-marriage-of-slavery/

Re: African Women And Domestic Violence: Be Free From Marriage Of Slavery by Lenny5k: 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
Re: African Women And Domestic Violence: Be Free From Marriage Of Slavery by FreemanDave(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Suicide Now / Help!!!This Woman And Her Three Children Are Missing / Why Do Marriage Make Pple Look Older Than Their Age!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.