Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? (2934 Views)

Poll: Will Igbos Be Better Off alone in biafra like swailand or With The North.

No: 15% (2 votes)
Yes: 84% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Biafra like Flag Flying At City Hall Boston USA - Biafra Is A Global Movement / Igbos Be Like (pics) / Lagos 2015: Will Igbos Now Support The APGA Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2009
I have labored to put forward the definition of a Nation or Country on this forum according to Webster. I also alluded to the high degree of propensity among Africans to imitate Europeans. Why has the issue of caving up Africa into nations of similar ethnical and cultural identity not attracted to Africans?

Thank you, is quite simple, the only things Africans like to emulate from the Europeans are things of frivolous and fatuous nature, most of the African ethnic groups has not developed this mind set of valuing creativity from within in order to improve their collective well being therefore gaining total independent, in a not shell this simple believe that we can do things by ourselves, we can create wealth only by our power of imagination.

It is no doubt that Europe is caved up into countries or nations according to ethnicity and culture of the people. Recent examples included the exit of USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia. Why should certain Nigerian peeps twisted out of human form on hearing that an ethnic group or organization is agitating for independent sovereignty out of the cesspit called Nigeria?

The European are so not sentimental to the extent that the difference between the Language of Checks and Slovak which are both Slavic languages and intelligible, in African context, are mere dialectical difference which to them is sufficient enough to part ways. This is the same pattern in almost the whole of the former USSR.

Can someone please inform me in no uncertain terms the reasons that formed instigation of continued nurturing of colonial contraption called Nigeria or the fear of its disintigartion?

The reason is because Africans only succeeded in achieving symbolic independence and not actual independence, The Igbos were almost at brink of achieving actual independence during the civil war and this resonated in the level technological advancement Biafra archived within such a short space of time.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by asha2: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2009
The European are so not sentimental to the extent that the difference between the Language of Checks and Slovak which are both Slavic languages and intelligible, in African context, are mere dialectical difference which to them is sufficient enough to part ways. This is the same pattern in almost the whole of the former USSR.

This is the difference between europians and africans.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2009
Considering that even when individuals leave the shores of nigeria and move out to foreign lands, corruption seems to follow, I think it is highly likely that there will continue to be the problem of widespread corruption no matter how small we decided to slice and dice those people. Currently. at the local and state levels Ibos, Yorubas, Ijaws and others steal from their own flesh and blood. I am not sure how anyone would expect that practise to change considering one can say they already rule themselves now and that has yet to stop em.

The smartness of an African is measured by his ability to assume that corruption is the curse of all societal evils in African States, while to me this ability is a sign of indolence (so the only way to appear smart is by making mention of corrupting in a statement) Read my lips dumb axx there is a level of corruption in every society, Infact Russia with an overtly corrupt society is rated among the most corrupt countries in the whole world, but Russia has a better infrastructure than any western European country (quote me any day any time) you don't hear Russian complaining of corruption, If people have the basic things they need they cant be bothered. In England the DSA has the quota of passing only 42% of people that take driving test, so if they 've passed their quota you will fail no matter how you perform at the test but they will still collect your sixty something pounds from you, now if you would desuetude yourself of semantics, what would you call that?
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2009
asha 2:

This is the difference between europians and africans.

Don't mind them, Ara ga agba ndiara.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2009
NINETOFIVE:

The overall people of Northern Nigeria are not poor because of lack of infrastructure but because of insufficient level of personal struggle and dependence on hand out{aka connections} from Nigerian government which unfortunately gets to only but few that becomes our celebrated billionaires.

Pure and simple. You are 100% correct.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by asha2: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2009
Off Topic

Bia samparian na you get that car wey dey ur profile shocked grin
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2009
Mba o.
the car dikwa rugged.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

Mba o.
the car dikwa rugged.

Shanghai auto show abi?
I still regret not going for that show. It was about innovation, creativity and class coming from a people with focus.

I will post some pictures of automobiles my friends took in the show.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by russellino: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
Definitely better off if the men in charge of such a state will not be men like the uba brothers and ojo maduekwe. Rather men like emeagwali and pat utomi
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2009
The majority of the people here, talking about the North are insincere. When they want to play their victims card, they come here and say the Northerners have everything better, good roads, schools, guaranteed jobs, bla . . .bla . . .bla.  But then when the question of who have a better life . . .they jump and start talking about the abject poverty in the North . . .the Almajiri, the beggers, the Aboki malam mai gadi, mai ruwa, and all sorth poverty ailments pervading the North. I do agree that there is Dangote, Dantata and some few rich people, but the majority of the people in the live in poverty. I can guarantee that 70% of the Hausa people live in abject poverty. While the Fulani, it can go well over 95%.

samparian:

when was the last time you visited Nigeria, and the North?
How many of the northerners in Kano are graduates?
I've been to Kano and i see them all, but i dont live there. Bornu state is my turf, though its a kanuri state, all sourtherners call them Hausas

Samparian

We know the kind of person you are. You perharps went to school with the children of the elite, and just like Orji Uzo kalu, Rochas Okorocha . . .u are just another conduit the northern politicians used in syphoning the meager resources the north have. If u live in Kano or Maiduguri what is the proportion of the rich to poor?
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2009
Most of you guys can continue playing ur victim card, u have the right to not live with the people in the North. And I guarantee you that most of the people in the North don't care a shit about that. One thing for certain is that, no ethnic nationality, be it a country or a community will be in peace if it is in constant beligerant and vengence mood. While your greedy politicians have succeeding in planting the seed of hatred for the northerners in your hearts, the average northerner doesnt even care about what you guys spends days and night brooding. While you guys are busy puffin with anger, I just lie under the the tree and peel my Rake and enjoy the beautiful sunny day
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tsiya:

Most of you guys can continue playing ur victim card, u have the right to not live with the people in the North. And I guarantee you that most of the people in the North don't care a shit about that. One thing for certain is that, no ethnic nationality, be it a country or a community will be in peace if it is in constant beligerant and vengence mood. While your greedy politicians have succeeding in planting the seed of hatred for the northerners in your hearts, the average northerner doesnt even care about what you guys spends days and night brooding. While you guys are busy puffin with anger, I just lie under the the tree and peel my Rake and enjoy the beautiful sunny day
who told you that we hate the North? Most Nigerians are just pissed of at the state of things in the country and are angry with our past leaders who majority of them are Northerners
I've lived 70% of my life in the North and i know they are peace loving people unless when extremists start this their sharia bullsh*t.
Many southerners are still investing in the North. I've got properties there and my company is currently building a multi million naira factory there.

Tsiya:

The majority of the people here, talking about the North are insincere. When they want to play their victims card, they come here and say the Northerners have everything better, good roads, schools, guaranteed jobs, bla . . .bla . . .bla. But then when the question of who have a better life . . .they jump and start talking about the abject poverty in the North . . .the Almajiri, the beggers, the Aboki malam mai gadi, mai ruwa, and all sorth poverty ailments pervading the North. I do agree that there is Dangote, Dantata and some few rich people, but the majority of the people in the live in poverty. I can guarantee that 70% of the Hausa people live in abject poverty. While the Fulani, it can go well over 95%.

Samparian

We know the kind of person you are. You perharps went to school with the children of the elite, and just like Orji Uzo kalu, Rochas Okorocha . . .u are just another conduit the northern politicians used in syphoning the meager resources the north have. If u live in Kano or Maiduguri what is the proportion of the rich to poor?

i never said that poor people are not there. Every country in the world has homeless people and beggers. Nigeria is not different.
what i meant is that those in the North who are oportuned to be educated have a better advantage of gaining employment in a government parastatal than their sourthern counterparts.
why do you think, the Federal govt tells you to apply from your state when you want some jobs, eg; Customs, SSS
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

who told you that we hate the North? Most Nigerians are just pissed of at the state of things in the country and are angry with our past leaders who majority of them are Northerners
I've lived 70% of my life in the North and i know they are peace loving people unless when extremists start this their sharia bullsh*t.
Many southerners are still investing in the North. I've got properties there and my company is currently building a multi million naira factory there.

i never said that poor people are not there. Every country in the world has homeless people and beggers. Nigeria is not different.
what i meant is that those in the North who are oportuned to be educated have a better advantage of gaining employment in a government parastatal than their sourthern counterparts.
why do you think, the Federal govt tells you to apply from your state when you want some jobs, eg; Customs, SSS

hope u are not the one flooding the north with fake naira norths from your factory

Reason is because we dont want to be double-crossed again like the 1966 coup, when u guys mascres our people. We just want a balance, that is all.

Since you are involved in the north, u should certainly know that, the level of corruption, your friends in government and probably you are their facilitator, is not much different from what is obtained in the south, if not much worse. Because right now, I have concluded, anybody involve with governments contacts especially in the north, must be seriously corrupt, the corruption level in his blood is so high that I cannot take his blood donation, even if Im dying.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
WOW!!! Majority of notherners are poor because they are lazy? WOW!!!!  Roflmao!!!!
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tsiya:

hope u are not the one flooding the north with fake naira norths from your factory

Since you are involved in the north, u should certainly know that, the level of corruption, your friends in government and probably you are their facilitator, is not much different from what is obtained in the south, if not much worse. Because right now, I have concluded, anybody involve with governments contacts especially in the north, must be seriously corrupt, the corruption level in his blood is so high that I cannot take his blood donation, even if Im dying.
ROFLMAO
why i go donate blood give you? grin when i can pay for it grin grin
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! Majority of notherners are poor because they are lazy? WOW!!!!  Roflmao!!!!

Majority of northerners are poor probably because they are contented. They dont want more. You can call it whatever you like - laziness. but I do know that, my people are contented - our believe is, no matter what you earn, your quality of life, your money, whatever you want to call it, happiness is in the heart. And my people are happy.

If you go to the north, just take your time and see how happy this people are. Talk to them, and you will be surprise . . . sure they will complain of lack of this and lack of that, but in summary, they are happy. But a typical person from the south, even from the way the communicate, you this guys are fuc.king angry all the time
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

ROFLMAO

ah. . . I forgot u are from the south . . . u sell body parts . . . I remember the story the use to hear when we were kids "Inya muri zai sai da uwarshi in dai zai yi riba"
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2009
Funny this thread was, according to one, supposed to be another Ibo bashing thread but is it now an Hausa bashing thread? lol

Anywho, Tusiya, Could you please answer one question for us all. I have been in the north and i know what I know of the people I met so don't worry about what I think of Northerners. Are all Northern graduates guaranteed jobs upon graduation? If yes, by whom?
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tsiya
abeg wetin i do you?
from printing fake notes to selling body parts shocked
i wonder what next you'll accuse me of.  killing Murtala Mohammed? grin
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2009
I dont know how someone can be guaranteed job. This guy must be crazy. People are not even guaranteed education, how can they be guaranteed jobs.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tsiya:

I dont know how someone can be guaranteed job. This guy must be crazy. People are not even guaranteed education, how can they be guaranteed jobs.

good, those who get educated get the jobs. you see. Thats the way it is for Bornu indigenes

@tsiya
not all igbos will sell their brothers for profit.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

Tsiya
abeg wetin i do you?
from printing fake notes to selling body parts shocked
i wonder what next you'll accuse me of.  killing Murtala Mohammed? grin
samparian:

ROFLMAO

I'm not accusing u, Im just trying to read between the lines
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

good, those who get educated get the jobs. you see. Thats the way it is for Bornu indigenes

@tsiya
not all igbos will sell their brothers for profit.

Well actually that wont happen. How many people indegines of Bornu states graduate every year and how many people indegines of Bornu are employed? Stop sounding unlearned. This is an attitude of people beclouded with ethnic hatred and inferiority complex
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2009
wao Tsiya
chill. grin why is everything suddenly being beclouded by ethnic hatred bla bla bla
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
uumm m,  @samparian, because you are perpertuating untrue myths which are to him ias painful as the ones some post against ibos on here. I believe the main problem in that country is serious lack of information and it  helps fuel these tribal/ethnic wars on here as well. Apparently Ignorance ain't bliss !!!!

Am I the only one here who sees how these things are connected or what lol
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2009
Kobojunkie
remember i've lived there for a long time, attended primary school and university there
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2009
Sure you have but that does not change the fact that your statement is erroneous. I mean think about it. Where are the thousands of guaranteed jobs coming from every single year? Aren't these people going to get paid? Where is the money coming from? I mean I have heard that thing so so many times but I learnt first hand that is not even close to being true except for those who have connections. The poor still have to struggle like everyone else in the south for a job.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by samparian(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
job/contracts. dont forget i included contracts.

i'd love to continue this nice civilized arguement with you guys but a friend just invited me over for some evening razz ma tazz and i've got to shower and head out. It's been nice talking to you guys
kobojunkie and tsiya. you guys are cool. i'm glad there was no name calling and all.
cheers
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Tsiya(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

Kobojunkie
remember i've lived there for a long time, attended primary school and university there

You attended primary school and university with the children of the privileged, and now u are doing business with the elite. Majority of my people live in small towns and villages. They have no access to light, education or anything. Majority of the towns are not even connected by the roads. Most of the people live in isolation. The only time we see government officials was during elections or census. Now we dont even see them during the elections. They fix them at the state capitals in most cases in the local government secretariats.

If you do business with them, as you claim to, unless you are blind to the truth, perharps because u are a beneficiary of inflated and dubious contracts, you should be the one to defend the Northerners, not northern politicians. We have distinct classes in the north - Talakawa, the ones you see walking under the sun, smiling, and willing the help each other, without strings attached, and - Masu kudi, the people u associate with, the people you went to school and university with their children, the people u are doing business with
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by olabukola: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tsiya:

You attended primary school and university with the children of the privileged, and now u are doing business with the elite. Majority of my people live in small towns and villages. They have no access to light, education or anything. Majority of the towns are not even connected by the roads. Most of the people live in isolation. The only time we see government officials was during elections or census. Now we dont even see them during the elections. They fix them at the state capitals in most cases in the local government secretariats.

If you do business with them, as you claim to, unless you are blind to the truth, perharps because u are a beneficiary of inflated and dubious contracts, you should be the one to defend the Northerners, not northern politicians. We have distinct classes in the north - Talakawa, the ones you see walking under the sun, smiling, and willing the help each other, without strings attached, and - Masu kudi, the people u associate with, the people you went to school and university with their children, the people u are doing business with
You are a cool headed northerner, The north need you to re-orient the northerners about this(Masu Kudi) oligarchy that has held them hostage for too long.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2009
samparian:

job/contracts. dont forget i included contracts.

i'd love to continue this nice civilized arguement with you guys but a friend just invited me over for some evening razz ma tazz and i've got to shower and head out. It's been nice talking to you guys
kobojunkie and tsiya. you guys are cool. i'm glad there was no name calling and all.
cheers

Contracts are implied. I mean if it was that great, majority of the communities in the north would be at least middle class. That ain't the case at all.
Re: Will Igbos Be Better Off Alone in Biafra Like Swaziland? by NINETOFIVE(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2009

[quote]

The overall people of Northern Nigeria are not poor because of lack of infrastructure but because of insufficient level of personal struggle and dependence on hand out{aka connections} from Nigerian government which unfortunately gets to only but few that becomes our celebrated billionaires.

samparian:

Pure and simple. You are 100% correct.

WOW!!! Majority of notherners are poor because they are lazy? WOW!!!! Roflmao!!!! [/quote]

Nobody is saying they are poor because they are lazy, your use of semantics here shows more of dubious intention, and once again paints a picture of a person without deeper knowledge of what is been discussed here, the word insufficient here is relative because what I term as insufficient as an Igbo person might be termed as sufficient by an average Northerner, but it does not diminish the fact that we all look at things from the point of view of an average Nigerian which tends to disregard how heterogeneous the Nigerian society is. The culture factor plays an important role on how people live and their out look on life which is exactly the case here and not that of being lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WARNING ABOUT ECOWAS - Yakubu Gowon Sold Nigeria's Sovereignity / Tinubu Richer Than Bill Gate / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack VOA, Guardian, Daily Trust Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.