Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti (30930 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Community Again, 7 Feared Dead / Ike Ekweremadu Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Attack In Enugu - Read / Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Beji, Niger State Village In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by olillywales(m): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2016
Authorities of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, on Friday raised concerns over alleged invasion and subsequent destruction of the institution’s farmlands by suspected herdsmen.

The Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr Taiwo Akande, said at a pre- convocation news conference in Ado-Ekiti that the institution had lost several millions in monetary terms to the menace.

She called on the Federal Government to intervene in the crisis.

She added that the police and eminent Nigerians like Chief Afe Babalola (SAN) whose university is located directly opposite the polytechnic had intervened to stop further damage but to no avail.

“This menace of these herdsmen has been most destructive on many of our demonstration farms and pilot plantations.

“It is most painful to also disclose that some of the pilot farm projects, academic, research demonstration farms and recently established plantations on which we pinned our hope for future revenue enhancement have been destroyed one after the other by these people.

“They will bring their animals to the campus environment and eat up every green thing in sight,” she said.

According to her, this systematic destruction of the institution’s farms and project has been on for more than two years.

Akande also said another major problem confronting the polytechnic was the activities of land grabbers and illegal settlers.

The rector also listed continued dwindling resources arising from low funding by the Federal Government and poor patronage by the private sector in terms of endowment as part of current challenges of the polytechnic.

She appealed to the Federal Government to make polytechnic education more attractive to Nigerian admission seekers and sponsors alike by removing the age-long dichotomy between it and the university.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/03/herdsmen-destroy-fed-poly-ado-ekiti-farms-rector-cries-for-help/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Firefire(m): 10:50am On Mar 12, 2016
You see...

angry

If I talk in defense of my race (Yoruba) someone will tag that incitement, and reward me with ban.

I am furious!

President Mohoomodu Buhari, please address your people in the language they understand, your continuous silence means approval for them to continue their rampage.

The government should note that no one has the monopoly of violence.

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by lekkie073(m): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2016
come.....shey dis ppl wan kill everybody for nigeria ni

at a time when the president is a fulani man....coincidence or what
Firefire:
You see...
na wa for u o .....grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by RichYoungNigger(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2016
Their master don't wanna check them but their master always check the innocent biafrans

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 12, 2016
these animals again...
how I wish it's these set of people that are seeking independence.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Skywalker5(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2016
This guys are biting more than they can chew.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Sunnymatey(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2016
their activities must be put on check. fire for fire

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
herdmen
and wickedness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by wiloy2k8(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by brunofarad(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Interesting

Talk of domineering.....

Let them know that this countery belongs to others as well....not just them

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by RedCapChief(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Can't they put up a fence around the school?
It is not like the herdsmen are walking in through the gate.

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by nike4love: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Kudos to the herdsmen more grease to ur elbows,sai baba, its one nigeria.let's unite and let lives continue to waste everyday.....

NDI ARA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Smithycool(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
God Help Us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by kachnov(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
I just don't get it..is it that we can't curb this menace once and for all?Or It is a deliberate attempt to allow the herdsmen run riot and do whatever they like?

Visit my signature now

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by vicola0281: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
. is dat not fayose's state . . fulanis abeg attack d government house sef grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
bad news

bad news everywhere

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by ateizaa(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Fulani again?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by victorazy(m): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2016
They can't try that in Igboland, I trust those guys (the Igbos)

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2016
their oga is at the top

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by BE811APP: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2016
fulani again

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by ba7man(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Poison their cows and they'll never come back.

Simple solution to a persistent problem. undecided

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by malton: 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
The fulani herdsmen are wreaking too much havoc on this nation. As deadly as they are, the president's continued silence is even deadlier. What's so difficult in him condemning outrightly such dastardly acts? Stern words of warning would have offered some restraints.

Buhari, your bigotry is so alarming that you can't even pretend like you care in any way. That's something even the most ardent of your supporters cannot defend, and you're losing it so fast!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by ticker(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
am expecting a press statement frm fayose today or 2mao wit regard 2 this grin

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Firefire:
You see...

angry

If I talk in defense of my race (Yoruba) someone will tag that incitement, and reward me with ban.

I am furious!

Time to end this madness!

Your people voted their grand patron to be your leader.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Bubu continuous silence prove that he support his kinsmen. May God forgive all those who voted this tribal bigot as our president

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Leobrain(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Fear 'north' embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by feldido(m): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2016
They better don't try it in my State... We knw how to handle them grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by Beehshorp(m): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2016
Buhari hold ur bois na... Haba its now getting out of hand

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by CherishedIma(f): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2016
Na wa oo, Ekiti State that used to be very peaceful. I remembered when I served there. Even mosquitoe sef no get mouth to bite. Now things have really changed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti by oboy3(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2016
is it true what they say about yoruba?
That they are under the fulani *confused*

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iweala, Dangote,Fayemi Adesina In Abidjan Today For AFDB Boss, Adeshina (Photos) / Babachir Lawal Says Ganduje Foundation Converts Christians To Islam. He Reacts / Eze Charles Iroegbu And His Chiefs Kidnapped In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.