Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,908 members, 7,852,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? (1264 Views)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election / EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2006
2007 elections are almost here the politicians are going about telling different lies to the people eithr through the press or directly
if i might ask a simple question i sure need honest answers
the members of the senate, house of rep and house of assembly who are they really representing ,

me , you the populace or are they representing themselves for their selffish interest?

with impeachments here and there, do they or would they ever consult the people of their constituency?
Re: Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by BlackMamba(m): 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2006
Do the average Naijaman understand the role of an elected rep. How can they demand accountability when everyone is groping in the dark.
Re: Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 07, 2006
Who is a rep? What does he do? Where does he work?
Re: Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 07, 2006
defn- a rep is some one that carries money in ghana must go. and will see to it that he continues doing that even if we think otherwise
Re: Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 07, 2006
Let me answer my own questions:

Who is a rep: A representative is one who represents himself, his bank account and immediate family in political office while masquerading as working in the interests of the people.

What does he do: The main function of a rep is to legislate on laws that are most relevant to his ability to loot the treasury without fear of prosecution, a term also known as immunity, other functions include legislating on laws that are irrelevant to the people. See also gay rights bill.
Re: Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by lewa(m): 4:43am On Nov 07, 2006
Davidylan
couldn't agree more, sad though
Re: Senate, House Of Rep, House Of Assembly- Who Are They Representing, Us Or Them? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2006
good definition

is there a way to stop folks like these in next elections, sorry to say cos the few i have seen that have bought the forms are still the same calibre of people

any hope?

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Minorities In Nigeria / Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos / Pastor Tunde Bakare Has Lost It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.