Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? (1389 Views)

Nobody Can Stop Me From Visiting Lagos - Kanu / Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / We Are Going To Be Very Proud Of Our Country Once Again - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Barrack Obama has visited Africa a couple of times without coming to Nigeria. Is it time to stop mocking around with countries that are not giving us the respect we deserve as the most important black nation on earth? About a week ago Israeli Prime Minister turned down an invitation to visit the White House, why can`t our President tell Obama that Nigerians feel disrespected that he has not come to Nigeria since he was elected and re-elected? Or is America that important that we should allow her to treat us disrespectfully? I know our Presidents always like to be seen with the white man, but what have we gained from it? Of course, there is no indication that he would be coming anytime soon, but the question is, should we make a stand whenever he decides to visit our country and say NO? I personally think we shouldn`t allow him to visit our country. We have to start getting back our honour and dignity and there is no better time to start doing that than now that we are no more in a Uni-polar world. What do you guys think?
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by iambijo(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Why he will even come to nigeria ? We have to take ourself serious b4 anybody can take us serious and respect us

1 Like

Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
i think u ryt nigeria needs to restore its little dignity...ff i were dangote i will build school in one the worst ghetto in brooklyn nd disgrace america by havin a documentary showing how bad it is

1 Like

Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by YourCoffin: 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yes. We should also stop Buhari from visiting our country

1 Like

Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by junketer(m): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
Op i don't understand how silly u guys think sometimes. If u want nigeria's dignity back then the only way to do that is by fixing nigeria. Nigeria is a mess and u r here talking about obama. Na bcus obama never come naija na why fuel scarcity dey? What of lack of electricity, na obama cus am bcus he hasn't visited naija abi? Abeg go and rest. Obama no be buhari wey dey visit other countries for nothing. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
junketer:
Op i don't understand how silly u guys think sometimes. If u want nigeria's dignity back then the only way to do that is by fixing nigeria. Nigeria is a mess and u r here talking about obama. Na bcus obama never come naija na why fuel scarcity dey? What of lack of electricity, na obama cus am bcus he hasn't visited naija abi? Abeg go and rest. Obama no be buhari wey dey visit other countries for nothing. Nonsense

All of us here agree that charity begins at home and that no-one can stop us from progressing if we get our priorities right. What we also need to do is to tell the world that we would not be taken for granted. I want you to look at Obama and check the Continents he has visited. You will not find a single time he visited any Continent thrice without visiting the most important country on that Continent. Why should we be treated differenlly? So far, the two American Presidents that have visited our country didn`t treat us like that, so why Obama?
All the African countries he had been to are not paradise, are they? Your point is, as long as we have domestic challenges, we shouldn`t react to this type of rubbish. Trust me, America needs us more than we need America.
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
YourCoffin:
Yes. We should also stop Buhari from visiting our country

How do you mean? Are you American?
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
spotlessduke:
i think u ryt nigeria needs to restore its little dignity...ff i were dangote i will build school in one the worst ghetto in brooklyn nd disgrace america by havin a documentary showing how bad it is

God bless you. Problem is, we don`t have this type of mentality.
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
iambijo:
Why he will even come to nigeria ? We have to take ourself serious b4 anybody can take us serious and respect us

Are we more hopeless than the Egyptians, my brother?
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 14, 2016
ATERI:

How do you mean? Are you American?
when last did buhari visited Nigeria
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2016
Lemon12:
when last did buhari visited Nigeria

Haha!!! Got the joke
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by obailala(m): 12:26am On Mar 14, 2016
What would an Obama visiting Nigeria do for Nigeria?. .. Is that also a sign of progress? undecided
Re: Should We Stop Obama From Visiting Our Country? by ATERI(m): 1:06am On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:
What would an Obama visiting Nigeria do for Nigeria?. .. Is that also a sign of progress? undecided

For those that don`t get their priorities right, it might be seen as a sign of progress. We have done enough of that nonsense since our independence to know that it means little or nothing

(1) (Reply)

Lalasticlala, Please When Is Diepreye Alamieseigha's Burial Sir? / Fayose Will Be Begged By His People To Intercede On Their Behalf / Military Invasion Of Gbaramatu Kingdom Unacceptable- NDYF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.