Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (33293 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 10 Bible Promises That Can Keep You Up In Any Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by iliyande(m): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Learning scripture when we're young is a way of making sure it sticks.

There's a lot of debate about the uses of memory at the moment. Really, who needs it now that we have Google? Why do we need to remember things when we can look them up? Think of all that processing power your brain is wasting by storing facts when it could be doing something better.

So which verses should we teach? Here, with the benefit of hindsight, are some suggestions.

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

2. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6)

3. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)

4. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14)

5. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)

6. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28)

7. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known (1 Corinthians 13:12)

8. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful (Colossians 3:15)

9. We do not have a high priest who is unable to feel sympathy for our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need (Hebrews 4: 15-16)

10. See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! (1 John 3:1)

71 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by powerfulsettingz: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2016
What about
The love of Money is the root of all evil? Abi u are related to Dasuki ni?

Meanwhile this piece of space is not for sale but for selling

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by onunwa21(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016
Not only knowing it but doing wot it says we should do. God bless u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016
No verse from the book of songs of Solomon?

Your two b.r.e.asts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, which feed among the lilies. (songs of Solomon:4. verse 5)

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by katolistic(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016
So im here
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by gratiaeo(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by playguy2(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016
Trying to memorize some of these verses
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Kreamie(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2016
Jesus Wept nkor grin

5 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by ipreach: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2016
good
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Katier00(f): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2016
matt 7:7 and ps23

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2016
john 10:30 i am my father are one all the same am first to comment
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by defendedvictim(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
grin jn 3:16... the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

No, wait...which one is the Lord's prayer again?
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by henrydadon(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
can they make me rich if i know them by heart
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Izecson3D(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Psalm 23??
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by swiitJese(f): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Psalms 1:3 For I shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth my fruit in my season......., love this verse grin grin

19 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Starryg0(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2016
May God leads us right

3 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Dudecollins(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2016
One day, I'll be FTC
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by echelons(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2016
I lift up my eyes to the mountains-- where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:1,2

Inspiring.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by dionysus7: 11:14am On Mar 13, 2016
henrydadon:
can they make me rich if i know them by heart
this guy is asking the right question
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2016
missbronze:

Your two b.r.e.asts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, which feed among the lilies. (songs of Solomon:4. verse 5)
Are urs like that??
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by ChiSun27(m): 11:21am On Mar 13, 2016
missbronze:

Na yeye dey worry u.. grin
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by ochuko2020: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2016
In the beginning was the word and the word was wit God and the word was GOD . John 1:1 Dat 's to say , if u live wit d word u live in side GOD , op, nt only knowing them but doing accordingly .,,, happy sunday to u all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by MummyTehillah(f): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
1 Timothy 5:23. Take a little wine for thine stomach and frequent illness.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
ChiSun27:

Na yeye dey worry u.. grin
Lol.

what I do?
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Nienie(f): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Matthew chapter 7 vs 7-12
Ask and you will receive;seek,and you will find;knock,and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks will receive and anyone who seeks will find and the door will be opened to those who knock.
Would any of you who are fathers give your son a stone when he asks for bread?
Or would you give him a snake when he asks for a fish?
Bad as you are,you know how to give good things to your children.How much more then will your father in heaven give good things to those who ask him.
Do for others what you want them to do for you,this is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teachings of the prophet.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2016
Jokerman:
Are urs like that??
Bia, jokerman, take time there.
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by mrkings84(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Is there a verse in the Bible that says "Heaven helps those who help themselves??"
Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Elkings123(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
swiitJese:
Psalms 1:3 For I shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth my fruit in my season......., love this verse grin grin

Ps 1:3 For I shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, its leaf also shall not wither and whatsoever he does shall prosper.
#really love this verse too smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 13, 2016
What about:
The end of the matter; all has been heared. Fear God, and keep his commandment; for this is the whole duty of man. Ecc 12:13
I think every christain should always have that @ the back of mind.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Brightology2(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Lolz u self
missbronze:

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by Elzends(m): 11:59am On Mar 13, 2016
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the earth........ Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

For nairaland ladies
Who can find a virtuous woman, for her price is far above rubies...
Proverbs 31:10-31

3 Likes

Re: 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart by shininglights: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Proverbs 16:9- A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) / Altar Boy Dies After Building Fell On Him While Going Home From Church. Photo / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.