Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,801 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War (801 Views)

Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway / Reps To Amaechi: We Don't Receive Budget Proposals From Ministers / Amaechi: We Won’t Abandon Jonathan’s Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Former Governor of Rivers State Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi played host to an on air program on 93.7 Rythem Fm yesterday.

I actually didn't commence with program. On tuning in, I heard him heaping praise on the President for loving Rivers People citing the Nimasa office given to Dakuku.

He went further berating GEJ saying that he didn't love Rivers people
I listened as he called an elected Governor a murderer, illiterate, noise maker, touts. One woman even called to caution him but she was cut off cos her tune was harsh.

Amaechi went ahead accusing Rythem Fm of being a PDP station. He actually intimidated Segun there, cos his confidence dropped after that.

Now, my major concern is that, APC supporters were calling asking him to come to their rescue that they have suffered a lot.

Amaechi said, am now home. Don't worry, come out and vote for APC, Wike will not do anything.
The kind of security that will be present here ehhh, even Wike himself will be scared.

My take.

All Amaechi is saying is that he has the power to control the security of the state ( Meaning, he knows the brain behind the incessant killings in the state)

They will use Federal might to control the election. Same way they wanted to do in Bayelsa.

Hon Amaechi should concentrate on the job that has been giving. He is not the governor of the state. He should allow the governor do his job and stop intimidating the people with Federal might.

In a sane country, Amaechi will be going under intense interrogation on his comments asking Wike to come and face him man to man. Is an election and not a war for crying out loud.
That's a big threat to the security of lives and properties. He is heating up the polity and causing fear among residents. Should anything go wrong come Saturday, Amaechi should be the no one prime suspect.

Finally, Wike and Amaechi should all buried this their hooliganism and give peace a chance in the state.

I urge all youths to be responsible and shun all form of violence. Don't be used as a tool to perpetrate violence. Remember your love ones need you alive
Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
I was speechless when read that Ameachi said, he should come out with his guns as if they are going to use their children or hand over the guns to their children to use on that day. Is a pity that we are having this kind of people in the position of power. What happen if he did not see the light of that day. Life is too short

1 Like

Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by 1freshdude: 11:28am On Mar 13, 2016
This Rivers election issues was excercebated by the Supreme court judgement. This is a case of "an eye for an eye" let the man with the best Forces/Men win!

Let Wike have a taste of what he brews!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Phame: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Tell that to wike.

1 Like

Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by 1freshdude: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2016
Oma307:
I was speechless when read that Ameachi said, he should come out with his guns as if they are going to use their children or hand over the guns to their children to use on that day. Is a pity that we are having this kind of people in the position of power. What happen if he did not see the light of that day. Life is too short

The Supreme court jugdement motivates "do or die" politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Clerverly: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
When Wike was murdering APC supporters where were you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by maimalari: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Wike threatened to kill Rivers residents if pdp loses the election. That's a more serious matter. And I think the soldiers and police men is there to secure the electorate. Only criminals are scared of security
Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
How?
1freshdude:

The Supreme court jugdement motivates "do or die" politics.
Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by 1freshdude: 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Oma307:
How?

Although I find your question strange because I perceive you to be politically exposed but let me tell you the obvious. Rivers state election was marred with violence and all kinds of irregularities that you cannot even fathom. The least the Supreme court could have done was to order a rerun so that the contestants understand the futility in cheating and killing people to win elections. Upholding the elections despite these irregularities will encourage every contestant to win elections at all COST!

1 Like

Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
The reason why i asked is because am not within the vicinity of River state, and i cant base on conclusion on assumption
1freshdude:

Although I find your question strange because I perceive you to be politically exposed but let me tell you the obvious. Rivers state election was marred with violence and all kinds of irregularities that you cannot even fathom. The least the Supreme court could have done was to order a rerun so that the contestants understand the futility in cheating and killing people to win elections. Upholding the elections despite these irregularities will encourage every contestant to win elections at all COST!
Re: Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War by Amaso99(m): 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
Op is like you are new in Rivers state, for the record, are u aware that wen Ameachi ws a governor Wike with the aid of military blocked Ameachi from entering goverment and even more, so my brother, OYENBRU NA TURN BY TURN! Its their game

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No More Barriers At Chevron Toll Olaza / Don’t Pay Any Personnel More Than N6,350 For Drivers Licence – FRSC Boss / PHOTOS: Local Govt Administrators Inaugurated In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.