Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway (27161 Views)

EFCC: Falana Refutes Receiving N28m From Magu, Threatens Lawsuit / What APC Must Do To Defeat PDP In 2019 Presidential Election - Hon. Amaechi / Amaechi Briefs Senate On Railway Monetization Project (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Omooba77: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2017
Please find displayed below a press release by Nathaniel C.U. Okoro in response to statements credited to Hon. Chibuike R. Amaechi, Minister of Transportation.
Source The Nigerian Society of Engineers

Best Regards,

Engr. Otis Oliver Anyaeji, FNSE, FAEng
President, The Nigerian Society of  Engineers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Omooba77: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2017
The only nation where the leaders dont believe in their country. So saddening and absurd. cc Seun , lalasticlala, mynd44

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Omooba77: 10:14am On Aug 22, 2017
The only nation where the leaders dont believe in their country. So saddening and absurd. cc Seun , lalasticlala, mynd44

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Omooba77: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2017
All Engineers must rise against this. It took an 83 year old man to standup against a lawyer doing the work of Engineer. Please say no to mediocrity...Enough of these Chineese technicians labbelled Engineers.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Heromaniaa: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2017
My name is Psalm. Yes, awkward right? But that’s the name my mamma called me when I was born. My Dad had wanted to call me Job, but my mamma would not have it.

“Have you seen any man called Job that wasn’t a carpenter or a bricklayer” she had fired at my dad. “All the people wey dey answer Job na so so suffer suffer!” Mamma certainly hadn’t heard of Steve Jobs (well, after he moved out of the garage). Plus my oldman had suffered much, having lived from hand to mouth since he lost his job thirty years ago, yet his name wasn’t Job. So there was more to suffering than being called an ordinary name.

“Let’s call him David” my momma had suggested. “It is simple and short. And remember he killed Goliath.”

“David? The man who stole another man’s wife? I can’t call my son David. All the people wey dey answer David too like woman!”

Mamma had thought of it and the lives of a few people bearing David in my neighbourhood had been enough to convince her. In fact two days before I was named, two married men had fought over a woman on the street, and they were both called David.

After much dilly dallying, they called me Psalm. Popsy wasn’t so excited about the name; David and Psalm were like Bobrisky and bleaching – One and the same. But in the end he accepted it. So that was how I got my name, one would think after all the hair-splitting deliberations that gave birth to my name, my name would at least bring me luck. Far from it. I don suffer pass nyash. Yes. I have been peed on, shit on, sat on and what not…

Yesterday was the day kasala burst for my head. I was on my way to an interview. Since 5 years wey I graduate, bros, I never see real job. But that yesterday, something told me that was the end of my job search. My girlfriend had linked me to a friend that had friend who was the GM in a manufacturing company. When I contacted the so called GM, he picked the phone and answered me like a vampire had given him a Mouth Gig.

“Who be rat? He spat out.

“It’s me Psalm. A friend of Sarah, who is a friend to Akpan, your good friend. He said you are the GM of Green food Industries.”

I could hear him chuckling on the other end.

“Werin you wan make I ju for you?” he replied. I was already getting pissed.

“I want to submit my CV to your company. I was told you could help me get a job”

“Bring am tomorrow, I go help you give the GM”

“Are you not the GM?

“Bro e be like say you never ready. I be the Gateman, your friend no tell your friend to tell your friend to tell you?

My jaw dropped. But I had no choice; I tidied my white shirt and dusted my CV. I must get that job the next day…

As early as 8 AM the next day, I set out. My gf had made a delicious afang soup the other night. I quickly heated four wraps of fufu, devoured it and left feeling like a bouncer. It had rained the other night and the bad roads were still muddy. I did my best to avoid reckless drivers from splashing dirty water on me. My best, as usual, was not enough.

A man in a black prado Jeep zoomed past, emptying a pot hole of muddy water on me. I did what any other frustrated man would do.

I boarded a bike and chased after him. Who knows, he could settle me with something tangible. The okadaman was a skillful rider but the prado guy had no chill. After five minutes, I spotted his car parked right in front of my babe’s apartment. Fear catch me like politician wey receive alert from Dasuki. I paid off the bike man and cautiously peeped into my girlfriend’s one room apartment. What I saw shocked me.

The story continues in the next sequel. Click to read GIRLS AINT LOYAL

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by greenstar: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2017
Omooba77:
The only nation where the leaders dont believe in their country.
So saddening and absurd.
cc Seun , lalasticlala, mynd44
Omooba77:
The only nation where the leaders dont believe in their country.
So saddening and absurd.
cc Seun , lalasticlala, mynd44
Omooba77:
All Engineers must rise against this. It took an 83 year old man to standup against a lawyer doing the work of Engineer. Please say no to mediocrity...Enough of these Chineese technicians labbelled Engineers.
thunder ⚡ be looking at you like this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Okoyiboz3: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2017
Sad
Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by fineboynl(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2017
.. modern development and civic civilization is not a black culture and not part of blacks. until blacks admit this and tell themselves the truth. black all over the world lack everything it takes to build a develop nation. it's not part of them. a nation is not rich by mare natural resources but artificial resources and intelligence.

Black's can't developed their country not because they don't like to but because they don't have what it takes in their brain. its just God that made it so. the white shouldn't have bothered themselves with black people. they should have been left alone in the dark. i don't hate blacks but i love you guys not to tell you the Truth. you guys should have been left alone with your culture and heritage not forcing colonialism on your throat which your forefathers rejected but were defeated.

10 Likes

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Neduzze5(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2017
Na wa ooo

If he thinks Nigerians who studied and qualified to become Railway Engineers cannot get the job done, what makes him think he himself is qualified to be a Minister of Transport?

We should have kuku gone abroad to go and source for an expatriate to comman become our Transport Minister na!!

Yeye dey smell!! angry

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by baike: 11:35am On Aug 22, 2017
my people please help me ask buhari

3 Likes

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by crestedaguiyi: 11:35am On Aug 22, 2017
hehehehehehe

Appointment of credible ministers is beyond Buhari and APC, shame

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2017
most officials of diz gov't are dumb than the kid below

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by obailala(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2017
Whilst the man and every other qualified Nigerian engineer have a genuine reason to feel insulted and be mad at Amaechi's statement, the sad reality of life is that Amaechi said nothing but the bitter truth.

We live in a country where when constructing even the tiniest and most insignificant road or bridge, there always has to be one Indian or Lebanese or Filipino or one 'fake oyibo' being the project/construction manager narrating project progress to govt officials. And if that's not the case, the project would most likely end up as another failed or grossly substandard job simply because the black man has refused to take charge. Just recently some Chinese 'school boys' came and discovered Iron Ore amongst other economic minerals in the jungles of Cross Rivers, meanwhile we have hundreds of thousands of geologists in Nigeria, some even professors.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Okoyiboz3: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2017
Omooba77:

Which lawyer is doing the work of an engineer?

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by glosplendid(f): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2017
Issorai
Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by ChangetheChange: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
grin

Amaechi is a noise maker

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by NOC1(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
does the man understand the work of "most" in the above subject matter?

Most simply means majority, very few can... based on this i support Amaechi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by icedfire(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Engr is just a tag
Omooba77:

Would u rather give your car to a Japanese or Chinese technician who works at Toyota and has years of experience or a Nigerian automotive engineer with an M.eng in mechanical engineering who can not diagnose a faulty car let alone design one?

Nigerian certificates are grossly overrated.

Ameachi i am sorry was right. The Chinese technicians as you call them have years of experience building railway lines in China, Kenya and other African countries. The Nigerian engineer is only good at gathering titles and certificates. Mni, mnse, M.eng, b.eng etc

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Bolustical: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Amaechi spoke the bitter truth.

We do not have real engineers in Nigeria. Many of our professors here cannot carry out routine repairs on generators and and their personal cars without calling on roadside mechanics.

Was it not yesterday on NL that some Chinese experts came to discover uranium and other resources in Cross River State when we have numerous Profs in geology here?

Our Engineering grads are only good on paper and drawing, nothing more

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Bolustical: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
A friend of mine in UI once narrated how their best Mechanical Engineering student could not even detect one single fault when their vehicle broke down during Aluta parade. They had to call on this small mechanic boys.

Yet such a person would want to think he should be considered over a 2:1 grad of the same course from MIT or Carltech.

Truth is bitter than Yoyo bitters.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2017
amaechi is a very useless man. the niger deltans are waiting for him come 2019.

He, igbokwe and okotocha will see hell in the hands of niger deltans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Omooba77: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2017
greenstar:
thunder ⚡ be looking at you like this

You are one of the reasons we are like this...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by flyca: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for the likes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by 2016v2017: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2017
liar
Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by phkka1(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2017
Buhari is not educated. Hence, he does not have value for professionalism. Two lawyers doing engineering jobs in Buhari's cabinet.

4 Likes

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by 2016v2017: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

Amaechi is a noise maker

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by 2016v2017: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

Amaechi is a noise maker
and a bloody liar

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by SkenolProp(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2017
Sir,dont just refute,prove him wrong #MY SIGNATURE #MY PROFILE
Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by greenstar: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2017
Omooba77:

You are one of the reasons we are like this...
And you are also one of the reasons why the nation is like this..This is the height of untold greed..
FTC, STC, TTC only you?
Imagine how much funds you'll loot when elected into government grin grin

1 Like

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by 2016v2017: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

Amaechi is a noise maker
and a bloody Judas the liar

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Refutes Hon. Amaechi's Statement On Railway by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2017
Same scientists that can't discover minerals in cross rivers until chinko came all the way from China enroute Lagos to discover it for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Will Appeal Judgement On Oyetola’s Victory - PDP / Ifeanyi Ubah: I Have Not Been Sacked As Senator / INEC Excludes Zakari From Collation Of Presidential Poll Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.