Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

The Woman Who Is Her Own Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Woman Who Is Her Own Man (1769 Views)

As A Guy, How Do You Handle A Woman Who Is Not Impressed By Money? / The Woman Who Lives With Her Husband And Her Lover Under The Same Roof. / Woman Who Won't Marry You Because You Earn Less Than N200k Is No Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
I experienced serious poverty as a little girl. So, I vowed to become the best at everything I set mind on. I don't mean to brag, but I consider myself a very successful person.
At thirty-five, I am one of the youngest and most successful female lawyers in the country. I earn six figures,I bought my parents a house, I eat what I want to eat and wear what I want to wear. I know exactly what I want, and I don't settle for less. Now, that's where the problem is; I don't settle, I want what I want. I don't see anything wrong in that, but everyone else does.
The major problem is that, I am a rich, thirty-five year old, unmaried woman. All my younger siblings both male and female are married. They all seem to think that I have become a man and no man can be good enough for me. Even my mother, has....
Pls continue https://aminatawastories./2016/03/13/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man/

1 Like

Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
This is the thing, any lady who is successful in her career , have a house,car, everything & a feminist can barely find a man that will approach her coz of her strong personality...a lot of men will be intimidated to ask her out coz they feel that they're not the right man for her embarassed

4 Likes

Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
KashyBaby:
This is the thing, any lady who is successful in her career , have a house,car, everything & a feminist can barely find a man that will approach her coz of her strong personality...a lot of men will be intimidated to ask her out coz they feel that they're not the right man for her embarassed
this is the sad reality of the society of the world we live in where a woman is only successful if she is married and unsuccessful if she's not embarassed next episode is coming soon, thanks for reading
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
“Don’t tell me you invited this guy.” I said, as I walked into Tade’s giant sitting room.

“Please don’t start, you haven’t seen each other on two years.” Tade answered.
“You should have told me you were inviting Mr Arrogant.” I continued stubbornly, facing Dare, the object of my anger.

“Look, you better sit or leave, but I’m not leaving on your account.” Dare, said with a sly smile.

I hissed and turned to Tade, where is Titi and the children.

“Kids are in the garden, Titi is in the kitchen.” Tade answered. I hissed again, dropped my purse on the sofa and made my way to the kitchen.

I know you are probably wondering who Dare is. I forgot to mention him earlier… I did not really forget, but, I consider him unimportant.

Anyways, Oluwadamilare Olaitan (I guess you are familiar with that name) is Tade’s best friend. Technically, he should be my best friend too. But, we ruined that friendship when we dated....
Pls continue https://aminatawastories./2016/03/15/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-2/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
“When he was saying his own, you did not say anything. Why fo you always support him?”

“Tomi, this is not a matter of support, his child was right here. You guys need to sort out your issues. Congratulations, you have successfully ruined dinner.” Tade answered angrily.

I had to admit that Tade made feel a little guilty about what happened during dinner, but being the person I am, I put it behind me. I’ll just have to apologise to Tade and probably Dare later. Let me tell you something more interesting….

https://aminatawastories./2016/03/19/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man3/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Ajinoride(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
KashyBaby:
its not about INTIMIDATION, its about priorities. relationship involves a lot of compromise on both side,which she may not be willing to succumb to. for instance, will she be willing to go on a date with a guy who doesn't have a car? . or will she be willing to joun a public cab , just to be near her man?

1 Like

Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
It amuses me whenever I hear some wannabe feminism proponents make tacky statement like "when a woman become successful men tend to become afraid to approach her" this is just Balderdash. For one, I am an egalitarian, but I detest feminism proponents because what I see in those that propagate it are just rude brats who allow the little change or power they have acquired to becloud every atom of humility in them. They are like their male control freaks who demands for servitude from women instead of striving hard to earn their women respect and loyalty. Success is even relative, because many a time what I see most people especially women call accomplishments material-wise are just what any average person should be entitled to have under a sane and sound environment.

@OP, if you are not rude, holla me let me hook you up with a well-to-do man that will have no need for your little change of money.

3 Likes

Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2016
Okay, this is getting interesting
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by AVRecruit: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
KashyBaby:

No my dear you are very misinformed. Men are not attractes to wealth nd degrees. We are attracted to your good character, fear of God, youth and standing breasts.

By the time these women achieve their 'success' their sexual market value has gone down.

the mistake is ppl believe marriage is a hindrance to their progress. The greatest women were all married raised their kids if they wanted kids before conquering the world. Even if the woman doesnt want kids, her husbands partnership can actually help her achieve her own goals faster. people dont think i swear.
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
AVRecruit:

No my dear you are very misinformed. Men are not attractes to wealth nd degrees. We are attracted to your good character, fear of God, youth and standing breasts.

By the time these women achieve their 'success' their sexual market value has gone down.

the mistake is ppl believe marriage is a hindrance to their progress. The greatest women were all married raised their kids if they wanted kids before conquering the world. Even if the woman doesnt want kids, her husbands partnership can actually help her achieve her own goals faster. people dont think i swear.
Out of everything you have just said what I like the most is the part where you said her husband's partnership can help her achieve her goals. But, there one thing I want to know, are you speaking on behalf of all men (husbands)?
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by AVRecruit: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
aminatawa:

Out of everything you have just said what I like the most is the part where you said her husband's partnership can help her achieve her goals. But, there one thing I want to know, are you speaking on behalf of all men (husbands)?

I speak on behalf of all professing Christian men (husbands) who are good men. Good men do not kill their wives ambitions. Its a case of wife help husband with his goals husband help wife with her own goals. sort of help me i help you nobody go vex :-)

1 Like

Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
AVRecruit:

I speak on behalf of all professing Christian men (husbands) who are good men. Good men do not kill their wives ambitions. Its a case of wife help husband with his goals husband help wife with her own goals. sort of help me i help you nobody go vex :-)
Okay
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by mikolo80: 3:42am On Mar 20, 2016
aminatawa:
this is the sad reality of the society of the world we live in where a woman is only successful if she is married and unsuccessful if she's not embarassed next episode is coming soon, thanks for reading
come mowu marry
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
“What are you doing here?” I asked, all the excitement gone from my voice.

“I need to talk to you” he answered.

“At this time of the day?” I asked, there was nothing in the world that I could think of that could make him come to me, except….

“If this is about what happened yesterday…”

“No, I’m not here because of that. At least let me in first.”
Please continue https://aminatawastories./2016/03/22/tgr-woman-who-is-her-own-man-4/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
I sat in Tade’s large sitting room and sipped red wine as I listened to him defend Dare as he always did.

“He asked you to do it because he trusts you.” Tade said.

“Why would he trust me?” I fired back. “When we broke up I vowed…”

“Why are you talking about your break-up, this has nothing to do with it. He wants a good lawyer to help him get his daughter. That’s all.”

“I’ll think about it. Anyways, I want to take your children to cinema, this weekend. There’s this movie we need to see together.” I said, excitedly.

“You better do fast and have your own children and stop borrowing my kids” Tade teased.

“Please go and sit down, is it because
https://aminatawastories./2016/03/29/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-5/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
I'm sorry this is coming very late.

Dare and William denied knowing each other. But, the tension between them at the dinner table was like live wire. Even the children noticed it and were awfully quiet.

“Hmm hmm” I cleared my throat. “Dare, I’m taking the kids to the cinema next weekend. I promised them this weekend but something happened and I had to cancel.”

“So?” Dare asked obviously confused.

“If you don’t mind, I want Faridah to come with us.”

Faridah looked at her father with the hope that he would let her, ever since the divorce he’d become a little over protective of her. We both stared at him in anticipation.

“No problem” He said finally.

I smiled and winked at Faridah, I half expected him to say no. This time I had to keep my promise or I would lose the children’s trust forever. I was always postponing things.

“Why are you so excited to take other people’s children out?” William asked suddenly, shocking everybody at the table.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“It makes you look desperate.” He answered without any expressions.
https://aminatawastories./2016/04/07/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-6/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
I ignored William’s calls and text messages. I don’t know who or what gave him the idea that he owned me; I do what I want when I want to do it. I must have appeared desperate to him but, as far I am concerned, his chapter in my life has ended and I’m back to where I started.

I finally agreed to take up Faridah’s custody case because Tade kept pestering me about it and I also felt guilty for ruining so many dinners. So, I have to see Dare’s smug face more times than I cared to.

I don’t know what caused his divorce; it was most probably Dare’s ‘bigger than life attitude’. What I know is that when it happened it was.....
Please continue here http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/04/28/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-7/

(1) (Reply)

Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus / What Does He Want From Me? / Story: Forced Sex Is Pretty Amazinq (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.