Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. (3392 Views)

PDP Convention: Call For Nairaland PDP To Endorse Her Candidates / Uniting The Warring Nairaland PDP Family / In Reply To Barcanista The Nairaland PDP Spokesman On The NSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Progressive01(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good day Nigerians.

Some of us have long lost the zeal to create threads on this board because of the activity of some mod who appears to have sworn to ensure only one narative is promoted on here.

I'm not sure the motive behind this as most of the avid supporters of the current regime on the forum are serving one lengthy ban or another while some people who claim not to be "Nigerians" and have sworn to bring the country to her knees are allowed to roam free spreading secessionist propaganda and hate speeches against some tribes, religion and region in blatant disregard for the Rules of the Forum.

I have come to the realisation, and accepted the fact that some people would see anything good in Buhari's admin over their dead bodies and the reasons for this aren't fat fetched even as they are unjustifiable:

1. He is a Muslim.

2. He is from the North.

3. He is a Fulani man.

4. He is a member of APC.

5. He defeated their referred candidate in an election.

6. He has sworn to hold the immediate past admin responsible for its actions.

Now, every living human being has an inalienable prerogative to bear whatever character they imagine best suits their purpose in life, but when societal norms are to be taken into consideration, one cannot but question the character of certain persons as they run afoul of what is morally acceptable.

When one becomes an ardent "flip flopper" whose character easily changes shape like the mortar on a porter's wheel, such a person becomes an agent of destabilisation against whom voices of reason should speak out.

I was leisurely taking a stroll on the board when I came across a thread and upon opening it, I couldn't believe the epic lies contained therein. Right from the first sentence the writer tried to twist the mind of the reader to subdue any chances of them forming unbiased opinions about his position on events as the relate to the current government as he went in an interview with Qatari Aljazeera during his
not-so-fruitful trip to Qatar..
The questions someone with an independent mind would ask are:

Who is the Op to tell us about the success or otherwise of the President's trip?? Is he privy to some privileged info not in the public domain?? On what scale is "fruitfulness" of a foreign trip measured?? What are the indices that show how "not-so-fruitful" a foreign trip is?? Is there a specific time frame within which one measures this success and outside of which whatever gains that come thereof is null and void ??

But just as expected, most of the commentators who first arrived on the thread, a people who once loathed the Op with such raw passion in the not-so-distant-past and at some point called for his head- a situation that resulted in him stating how much they hate him on his signature- happened to be the ones cheering him for such a "marvellous" thread!! They cared less the obvious lies from the op as long as the thread is anti Buhari and anti APC.

Encouraged by knack for turning truth on its head and sometimes getting away with it, this same poster who has stated on here on countless occasions what a failure Mr Jonathan was went ahead to assert that Mr Jonathan handed an El dorado to Buhari and Buhari didn't inherit any problems from his predecessor!!

This has got to be the biggest and most audacious LIE anyone in our politicospare has ever told!

Now, let us take a brief trip down memory lane and see what a Utopia Jonathan handed over to Buhari:

1. Fuel Supply

Nigeria is facing a full-blown national crisis as virtually all sectors of the economy
has grounded to a halt as the fuel scarcity
bites harder across the country.

As the economy races to breakdown, the Nigerian government appears helpless, with President Goodluck Jonathan merely counting days to hand over the problem to the incoming government of Muhammadu Buhari on Friday.

From the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, to the 36 states of the federation, reports are that virtually all public and private institutions have shut down in the face of shortage of fuel to maintain normal businesses.

Worse hit are hospitals, schools, banks, transportation companies and telecommunication operators, which have
either suspended normal operations or issued notices of closure or scaling down on full business hours for lack of fuel to power the engines that power their activities.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/183627-fuel-crisis-nigeria-grounded-as-jonathan-govt-snores-away.html

2. Electricity Supply

Nigeria’s overall electricity generation has dropped to an unprecedented low of 1,327 megawatts, the Ministry of Power said
Friday, a week before the transfer of power
from President Goodluck Jonathan to
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari.

As at 12 noon Friday, most key power plants in the country, including those located at Utorogu, Chevron Oredo, Oben gas-fired power plants, were all shut down, while Ughelli and Chevron Escravos power plant were all isolated already, the ministry said.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

3. Security.

This item especially needs no references as we are all aware of what the situation was as opposed to what it is today. The fact the previous government sat on its oars all along only to be jolted to act in the last days leading up to the general elections when the reality of the possibility of losing the election was staring them in the face bears testament to what a failure it was when it came to securing the lives of Nigerians.

Boko Haram in the North, Kidnappers and robbers in the South, Ombatse in the North Central, etc, were all having a time of their lives as the government slumbered away, using the nation's armed forces to hound and oppress the then opposition. The country making it though that period gives one the impetus to imagine there isn't any man made situation out there the country couldn't survive.

4. Refineries.

The Op stated that "Buhari was lucky to inherit refineries undergoing infrastructural reform" and in my head I was like wtf!!! How does "inheriting an item undergoing repairs" make one a "lucky man"??

Jonathan was the president for six effing years, a period under which Nigeria earned record forex due to record prices of crude oil and the best he could do was hand over old refineries under repairs!!! Worst still, someone has to nerve to paint this as a legacy passed on to a successor! This to me is mediocrity taken to cosmic proportions.

Jonathan promised to build new refineries in the country when he campaigned in 2011, are there any such facilities to his credit in the country today?? The blunt answer is NO!! I'm not even sure if any groundbreaking was done to build any.

5. Ethnic Clashes.

Another bold-face lie the Op said was that "Jonathan handed over to Buhari a Nigeria devoid of ethnic clashes" indirectly making reference to the Agatu incident and other related herdsmen incidents. What a pity.

First, the random clashes between the Fulani nomads and some communities predate Jonathan's regime, lasted through it and continues to this day. The worst such incident we witnessed happened under Jonathan's era where villagers were displaced from their settlements in the Naka, Gwer West, Guma along with other communities in Benue that share boundaries with Taraba.

The displaced persons flooded Makurdi in their thousands and were camped in places like Tiley Gyado Second. Sch. and St. Mary's Primary School, Padopas Sec. Sch, Govt Model Second Sch, etc.

The stench of the decomposing carcass of dead cattle that filled their air as you drive along the Makurdi Aliade road, just after Igbor, is still fresh on my mind. A truckload of cattle was hijacked from some transporters, driven off the road into the bush nearby and set on fire burning the cattle alive!!! As they decomposed, the stench was simply unbearable- it felt like death was literally hovering in the air as you drove by! The incident was never reported but any Benue/Makurdi resident would confirm this (cc. Kyase).

This problem appears to be an intractable one as it has defied a lot of attempts to fix it, but I believe with the commitment of the present government to address all the security challenges it inherited, before long, we'd see very positive outcomes as regards this particular problem, just as we have Boko Haram.

6. Economy.

It is difficult to discuss this issue exhaustively here but that Op was being clever by half when he just stated in passing that the economy was ding fabulously well since it was the "number one business destination in Africa". As a matter of fact, the first item captured on this list puts a spear right through the heart of this "awesome" lie. It gets even worse when one views this on the backdrop of per capita indices.

7. Upsetting Religious Order.

There can be nothing farther from the truth than that poster's allusion to the President tampering with the religious order of the country simply because he joined a coalition led by an Islamic country to fight terrorism.

This particular position is in keeping faith with PDP's sordid propaganda tactics of forcing the "Buhari-is-a-religious-fundamentalist-and-wants-to-islamise-Nigeria" garbage down our throats no matter what it takes.

These people are quick to forget the immediate past admin's romance with the Islamic Development Bank. It is on record (and I stand to be corrected) that Jonathan is the only Nigerian president to have attended their meeting in person and the president who's secured the most financial instruments from them- pray tell, why didn't anyone scream "Jonathan wants to Islamise Nigeria" then??

The Nigeria has signed pacts and entered into agreements with Christian dominated bodies more times than we could remember- no one raised a finger in objection to our leaders trying to "Christianise" the country- but once an Arab/Muslim country is involved in any bilateral agreement with us under the current admin, the PDP propaganda machinery goes into overdrive as they regurgitate their overused, boring, and superanuated lies which are mostly counterproductive.

These people promoting these volatile prejudices would flush their Nigerian passports down their toilets should an opportunity to live and work in one of these "Islamic countries" present itself. Even pastors "sponsored by their church members" leave the shores of the country to go to an ISLAMIC country to celebrate their birthdays!! How much more hypocritical can we be??

8. Double Standard on Secession.

In this instance, the Op sited Buhari's total support for Palestinian statehood and his "intolerance for Biafra agitation" as double standard. Forgive me reader, but only a very ignorant man would draw any form of similarities between the Israeli/Palestinian palaver and Nigeria/Biafra.

What is happening between Israel and Palestine is more or less a protracted war between two countries, whereas what happened in Nigeria was a civil war in a country. What is happening in Palestine is an occupation by a disproportionately powerful and belligerent neighbour- there isn't any occupation in Nigeria.

Both countries have their governments but since UN has yet to recognise Palestinian Statehood (any such move would surely be vetoed by the United States), they refer to their government as the Palestinian Authority. as it stands, over 100 countries around the world recognise Palestinian Statehood with the staunchest opposition to this coming from US and her closest allies. I'm sure they themselves see the propriety in recognising Palestine as a state but for the benefits they enjoy from their friendship with the US, they'd rather stick to their guns.

Now, tell me, where the hell is "Biafra"?? Do they have an "authority", let alone a "government"?? Hell, where does the "Biafran territory" begin and where does it ends?? Which country in the world recognises them?? What level of legitimacy does "Biafra" has?

It is just appalling anyone would think the previous admin didn't hand over any problems to Buhari- that is simply an unacceptable exaggeration.

We understand the need for an opposition as it strengthens democracy and encourages good governance, but the manner in which the current opposition is playing their role leaves a mighty world to be desired.

Lastly, mull over this:

He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and third time, till at length it becomes habitual; he tells lies without attending to it, and truths without the world's believing him.

This falsehood of the tongue leads to that of the heart, and in time depraves all its good dispositions.
--THOMAS JEFFERSON.

Thanks.

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Progressive01(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cc: Modath, Obiagelli, PassingShot, HungerBad.
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by mackhunter77: 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nsogbu nsogbu! Eyimba-enyi grin
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by kingofchess(m): 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
what is this 1 saying

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
spot on @op

what I dislike is how they just promote the posts of just one person thereby making it seem as if write ups from others aren't intelligent. Yes, he might be getting likes for his posts from gullible IPods who uses and dumps at will, but note that you promoted him to such extent which makes forumites to believe anything posted by such person will definitely make FP, hence the reason why they comment on such posts.

You made him popular; don't cripple other writers who come up with a different spice, cos when such persons whom you've created to be larger than life boycott this forum, it is those whom you've suppressed that you will be left with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Kondomatic(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hello LAWMA, do you work on Sundays?, good, I have six truck loads of trash here..... Don't worry, I will tip you guys..... Alright.... Please hurry.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
Hello LAWMA, do you work on Sundays?, good, I have six truck loads of trash here..... Don't worry, I will tip you guys..... Alright.... Please hurry.
an illiterate is someone that can't come up with a better argument but chooses to rubbish common sense with his stupidity.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Clerverly: 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
cool

2 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Clerverly: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
[s]Hello LAWMA, do you work on Sundays?, good, I have six truck loads of trash here..... Don't worry, I will tip you guys..... Alright.... Please hurry.[/s]

You guys have been spreading and peddling falsehood here, while we serve different bans..

Now let it start!

7 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Kondomatic(m): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
an illiterate is someone that can't come up with a better argue but chooses to rubbish common sense with his stupidity.
You just dropped another truck load of trash. Pray make them come with seven trucks otherwise nah you can carry this one go throway.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Kondomatic(m): 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Clerverly:

You guys have been spreading and peddling falsehood here, while we serve different bans..

Now let it start!
lmao.

Nah you go tire bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Progressive01(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
an illiterate is someone that can't come up with a better argue but chooses to rubbish common sense with his stupidity.
Please ignore such people. He's too small a beef to fry.

5 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by JingoOAU(m): 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
spot on @op

what I dislike is how they just promote the posts of just one person thereby making it seem as if write ups from others aren't intelligent. Yes, he might be getting likes for his posts from gullible IPods who uses and dumps at will, but note that you promoted him to such extent which makes forumites to believe anything posted by such person will definitely make FP, hence the reason why they comment on such posts.

You made him popular; don't cripple other writers who come up with a different spice, cos when such persons whom you've created to be larger than life boycott this forum, it is those whom you've suppressed that you will be left with.

Please who's this person in question??
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by modath(f): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by crownwealth: 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
where is LAWMA sef...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by modath(f): 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
I really don't get how the guy isn't seeing that anyone who can't be trusted to stick to a narrative will end up losing whatever gains he makes in the in short term...

This is a link to the thread that he rallied support for The Economist reffering to Jona as an ineffectual buffoon ,same Jona El No Clue he is waxing lyrical about today.... smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/2898441/did-economist-really-err-tagging#42423325

This is one post that I hope he sees & checks himself, he has a way to go & should exercise caution..

[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=42423736]
Exactly! I supported his election not his buffoonery angry

I will always maintain that for the fact that I support a candidate in an election does not mean that I won't bare my mind about him whenever such opportunity arise. If as far back as 2012 and 2013 I can protest in Ojota and calling for Oduah's ouster/prosecution despite voting for him in 2011, I tell you I would have done worse if he was re-elected and the Dasuki-gate was brought to light.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by crownwealth: 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:

Junks as usual for APC zombies... grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Decibel: 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
*farts on the thread and walks away *
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by yaki84: 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

better put 'an illiterate is someone who can't come up with better argument buy choose to rubbisn common sense with stupidity!
reread ur post n thnk me asap.
now who is best qualified an illiterate btw u n the person ur misquoted?

2 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by SUPERPACK: 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
j
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
JingoOAU:

Please who's this person in question??
he is the chief wailer and the user and dumper and re-user of IPOB youths.

he really needs no introduction.

5 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Pstlyecouture: 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
yes the writeup is laudable, but the question here is how can we separate the truth from lies?

The events of the past administration happened before our very own eyes(Obj,yaradua,jonathan and now Buhari).Yes all the activities we witnessed it all.And what have we done if not to justify and give credit to lies and the result? A pitiable state of economy,security,and what have you.
Its time to wake up. Make a demand for a better country and a better country we must get and nothing less than that.
Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by SleekMallam: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
There seems to be trouble in paradise as lai Mohammed has unleashed his boys for damage control.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Ratello: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
kingofchess:
what is this 1 saying
You took the words totally out of my mouth I can wager some people are programmed to be LOST. APC we know to be originator of propaganda so what is this Op saying .....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Kyase(m): 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
My brother Progressive01 , I thought I was the only one that noticed such a thing, there was this particular news I posted here on politics section but one of the mods just move it out of here to another section hidden, few minutes later I saw a counter thread that was made on the same issues it quickly made front page, that wasn't the first time. I just dey observe.
As for that Fulani killing this and that, the only news you see here is the Fulani killing but you won't see the ones that the other tribe did, even if you post am dem go hide am sharp sharp.
Just dey notice anything/post against APC/buhari's government will quickly make front page.

5 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Progressive01(m): 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
modath:

I really don't get how the guy isn't seeing that anyone who can't be trusted to stick to a narrative will end up losing whatever gains [/b]he makes in the in[b]short term...

This is a link to the thread that he rallied support for The Economist reffering to Jona as an ineffectual buffoon ,same Jona El No Clue he is waxing lyrical about today.... smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/2898441/did-economist-really-err-tagging#42423325

This is one post that I hope he sees & checks himself, he has a way to go & should exercise caution..

It is a pity honestly. Today the products of that buffoonery which he didn't support have become items Buhari is "lucky" to have inherited.

It beats me how easily one opposes his own ideas and opinions.

6 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Goddex: 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
[size=14pt]Can this OP atleast fear God in his lies?

In all of Jonathan's 5yrs tenure, can this OP tell us with his Koran/Bible how many times he experienced fuel scarcity?.

Just 9 months of Buhari and Nigeria has been made to go through four different horrible long scarcity

Truth is, nothing positive yet about this govt. Forget the lies and propaganda in the so called corruption fight.

Your president is probing expenditure from Jonathans security votes but lying to you guys that it is $2.1b budget for arms. He is a shameless liar and the entire govt thrives on deceit

[/size]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Progressive01(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kyase:
My brother Progressive01 , I thought I was the only one that noticed such a thing, there was this particular news I posted here on politics section but one of the mods just move it out of here to another section hidden, few minutes later I saw a counter thread that was made on the same issues it quickly made front page, that wasn't the first time. I just dey observe.
As for that Fulani killing this and that, the only news you see here is the Fulani killing but you won't see the ones that the other tribe did, even if you post am dem go hide am sharp sharp.
Just dey notice anything/post against APC/buhari's government will quickly make front page.
These people have no idea what goes in the North Central especially Benue State. They have never stepped their foot on these soil yet they'd wanna tell you exactly what is going in your own neighbourhood. They have no idea the traditional rulers in some of those flashpoint communities are largely responsible for these clashes between farmers and the herdsmen as they give lands to the normads without due consultation, collect huge sums of monies, only for the inhabitants to turn around and try to force them to leave resulting in all out bloody confrontation with both parties suffering serious casualties.

Remember the incident in Gboko when one of those traditional rulers was almost lynched to death when he was seen at the bank with a Fulani man during the height of the crises in 2013.

The press mostly reports only one side of the story, feeding and promoting public anger and hatred towards the Fulanis (make no mistakes, I'm not their fan) since there's already a long established preconception they are a bunch of rampaging violent killers.

The Fulanis have been living very peacefully among the Igede speaking communities in Benue for eons without as much as a a single incident of violence between both sides. The only time they came close to a confronting one another was sometimes in 2011 somewhere in Ameka, Oju LGA, when one of their cattle was killed and the meat shared among those who killed it. The herdsmen simply reported the elders of the community and the "thieves" presented themselves after a threat was made to curse those responsible if they don't come forward. They were made to pay an equivalent amount to the herdsmen and the matter was settled!

These accounts are never heard in the press since it doesn't sell and doesn't conform with popular narative.

A lot is going on that people are ignorant of honestly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Igwe9(m): 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
For now, OP, there is nothing to promote about this Government, you can't beat a dead horse, until then, Ka Chineke mezie okwu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Progressive01:
Cc: Modath, Obiagelli, PassingShot, HungerBad.
the issue here is that the nairaland APC team, I.e if there ever exist such, isn't doing well at all. They allow too many propaganda to slide on the forum. It wasn't like this when I was part of the then opposition on nairaland where sane an objective criticism ran the forum thereby giving tanoids no chance to breathe.

The team needs to be put together once again. count me in.

5 Likes

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by crownwealth: 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Goddex:
[size=14pt]Can this OP atleast fear God in his lies?

In all of Jonathan's 5yrs tenure, can this OP tell us with his Koran/Bible how many times he experienced fuel scarcity?.

Just 9 months of Buhari and Nigeria has been made to go through four different horrible long scarcity

[/size]

leave the zombies to wallow in self-deceit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countering Nairaland PDP Lies And Propaganda. by princemillla(m): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Well stressed and nicely composed. Kudos but I smell foul with the Monika. I hail u my brother p*******t

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heavy Joint Military Bombardment Going On In Ikorodu Border Towns / Facts Have Emerged That Yorubas Own Okerenghigho Not Ijaws / Breaking News:Buhari Extended His Leave Notified National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.