Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? (2092 Views)

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Is There Anything Wrong With Getting Married To Your Age Mate? / Can You Date/marry A Bisexual Lady? Guys Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Getikebusy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
I don't know if its an appropriate question to ask. But is it proper to date or more so marry one's age mate? There's this lady that's tripping me a lot. We seem to have this chemistry... She understands me and I do likewise. Very mature too. Though is still an undergraduate but I don't care. I really do like her. The only problem is that we are age mates embarassed advices needed from experience or otherwise please...

Cc toks2008, lalasticlala
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
yes it is proper it's not a crime

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Olusanya333(m): 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Even Adam was older than Eve. But all the same, age mate is case settled.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ur mate the marry their mama mate... Then u see ur mate where u like u the form holy

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Smellymouth: 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Iolite(f): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Marry who you love, irrespective of their age.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Joygalore(f): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
When did marrying your age mate become improper or a crime
As longer as you both love and can tolerate each other
.Shikena.
Why call Toks Is your relationship lord or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Getikebusy(m): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Jmaxx:
Ur mate the marry their mama mate... Then u see ur mate where u like u the form holy

Bros abeg cool temper grin
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Olusanya333(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Iolite:
Marry who you love, irrespective of their age.
even a 12 year old kid.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Joygalore:
.Shikena.
have you sent the private mail??
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Iolite(f): 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
Olusanya333:
even a 12 year old kid.

Na wa for you o. You dey carry my matter go another level be that abeg. I never thought of that and I will never think of that happening, I believe the op get my gist.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Olusanya333(m): 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Iolite:

Na wa for you o. You dey carry my matter go another level be that abeg. I never thought of that and I will never think of that happening, I believe the op get my gist.
In short, na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Getikebusy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
Joygalore:
.Shikena.

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Joygalore(f): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Why the face?
Any problem with your 7th nerve?
Getikebusy:

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Iolite(f): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
Olusanya333:
In short, na wa o.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Kondomatic(m): 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
She must be at least 5 years younger than I or Nothing.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
According to Nigerian standard of marriage, its a NO NO. A man is supposed to marry a girl half his age so dat she can still maintain her youthful look after childbearing.

OP biko look for a girl half ur age cos threads like [/b]*My wife spent our child's school fees on eyelashes and brazilian hair*[b] is what makes Nairaland interesting grin
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Toks2008(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Getikebusy:
I don't know if its an appropriate question to ask. But is it proper to date or more so marry one's age mate? There's this lady that's tripping me a lot. We seem to have this chemistry... She understands me and I do likewise. Very mature too. Though is still an undergraduate but I don't care. I really do like her. The only problem is that we are age mates embarassed advices needed from experience or otherwise please...

Cc toks2008, lalasticlala

Age really does not matter at a certain age gap which is about 30 and above. Let me explain.

If a lady is say 21years and she dates a 21 year old guy i guess in most cases she just might be wasting her time because at that level there is a case of immaturity from both ends and asides from this,the guy may just not be ready to settle down at 28 and the lady may certainly not have much time.

But if both of you are of matured ages,it becomes a different ball game because you are both matured to understand what you feel so the conclusion is that age does not matter only if both of you are advanced in age to know what you are doing but it is very unrealistic at younger age.

My take.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by obiaguna(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
There is a little possibility that it would lead to anything serious, all things being equal. As a Nigerian guy, benefiting favourably or unfavorably from this Nigerian economy, you tend to have a lower chance of getting that relationship to the alter cos girls wouldn't want to date for long and wait till you make it. But hey, if you have made it already or you feel both of you can handle whatever life throws at you at this stage then go for it. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Fiwasayo(f): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Toks2008:

Age really does not matter at a certain age gap which is about 30 and above. Let me explain.

If a lady is say 21years and she dates a 21 year old guy i guess in most cases she just might be wasting her time because at that level there is a case of immaturity from both ends and asides from this,the guy may just not be ready to settle down at 28 and the lady may certainly not have much time.

But if both of you are of matured ages,it becomes a different ball game because you are both matured to understand what you feel so the conclusion is that age does not matter only if both of you are advanced in age to know what you are doing but it is very unrealistic at younger age.

My take.
Totally agree with you.
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by halfricanadian(f): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nope nat cool especially if u young
His libido will still b high to flirt nd b so so unfaithful nd all not ready to take responsibilities always playing d young bad boy blood u nat goin to like it settung in d revenge nd i dont care attitude which is bad shocked

But if u both above 30 years and she respects u nd u adore nd cherish her cool
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Getikebusy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
mineANDurs:
According to Nigerian standard of marriage, its a NO NO. A man is supposed to marry a girl half his age so dat she can still maintain her youthful look after childbearing.

OP biko look for a girl half ur age cos threads like [/b]*My wife spent our child's school fees on eyelashes and brazilian hair*[b] is what makes Nairaland interesting grin

Half my age? She might still be in Secondary sch
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
mineANDurs:

SECONDED
Re: Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
mineANDurs:

SECONDED We need more interesting story on nl

(1) (Reply)

Shuld I Be Worried? / I Came Home And Caught My Pastor's Wife Titilayo With Her Pants Down (pics) / 7 Things Nigerian Single Ladies Do When They Are In Need Of Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.