Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! (18105 Views)

Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School / Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation / Man Rejected In Nigeria Over Facial Tumour Now A 4th Year Medical Student In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by magicminister: 9:53am On Mar 14, 2016
hehehe
these folks just dey abia medical school so they go follow answer doctor.
They no dey learn anything for that school loool....
hehehehehehe... they even come get mind dey protest!

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2016
i go school wahala... i no go school wahala.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by texazzpete(m): 9:57am On Mar 14, 2016
merake78:

For 5 weeks , the quarters for medical students, resident doctor's, consultant doctors have been in darkness. How will PHCN cut off a hospital? Where you train doctor's, save lives, there's no light!

How won't people die? How won't students be lackadaisical?

PHCN presented an outrageous bill of 17 million naira for the quarter's, excluding the hospital complex. The hospital administration quietly cut off the light supply to the students and resident doctor's. For 5 weeks , nothing has been done. Sleeping in darkness, reading is difficult.

So today, the student's took a bold step. After endlessly pleading with the hospital administration, the state government, the student's locked the lecture complex. No lectures!! No clinic!! We must be met!!

You cannot train doctor's this way. Spread till this goes viral. It could be your aunt or mother who is the next victim of iatrogenic deaths. You must speak up on behalf of the ones that will one day be responsible for your life.

Long live Abia State Medical School!!!

Please see the words in bold font. It's embarrassing that you're a medical undergraduate and yet you're making such fundamental grammatical errors.

Plural of 'doctor' is 'doctors', not 'doctor's'

Plural of 'student' is 'students', not 'student's'.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by jayriginal: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2016
marycool18:

FTC after so many years, means I'm up for some great newssssss!

Yep
You're pregnant.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by ogawisdom(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2016
Abeg make una buy gen n shut up joor
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by merake78(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2016
texazzpete:

Please see the words in bold font. It's embarrassing that you're a medical undergraduate and yet you're making such fundamental grammatical errors.

The post was made in the heat of the moment, subject to autocorrect on my phone' s keypad.

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by merake78(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2016
magicminister:
hehehe these folks just dey abia medical school so they go follow answer doctor. They no dey learn anything for that school loool.... hehehehehehe... they even come get mind dey protest!

Yes, we don't learn at all. Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 14, 2016
IME1:
On a lighter side-
Their placards have legible writings! grin
On a serious note-
Medical students and docs are usually giving preferential treatment cause of the nature of their studies, extent 9f reading and to ensure they have the right disposition in dealing with lives.
So please let the authorities harken to their protests.
God bless doctors for us

Whats that supposed to mean, these half baked Nigerian doctors are just text book doctors, they re the ones that kill patients in the hospital.

Govt is only interested in foreign trained doctors for now, they should park well.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by magicminister: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2016
merake78:

Yes, we don't learn at all.
Ignoramus

you know its the fact.
Medical school graduates from absu and ebsu are just plain dullards......
They can't even diagnose malaria an typhoid which is like the starter kit for every naija doctor!
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by DrAdonis: 11:01am On Mar 14, 2016
streamsofjoy:

No o! It's uni ilorin.

It's a well established fact that unilorin produces some of the best doctors in Nigeria and even more than half of doctors that trained there are in the diaspora.

Unilorin medical school has the first and only (as of few months ago) clinical skills laboratory in the country and that laboratory was described as revolutionary by the MDCN when they went for accreditation.

I am an alumnus of unilorin medical school and I have worked in a few places, National Hospital inclusive and it is palpable that I am better than a far far majority of my peers. This I say in all humility.

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Eleganza33(f): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2016
I hate their service no be small
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2016
streamsofjoy:

No o! It's uni ilorin.

smiley Talk true. I just said the one I've experienced.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by caketake3: 11:40am On Mar 14, 2016
Eksu celebrated 1 year of black out last month.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by simontony1(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2016
adorablepepple:
They even locked their class,you people should go home Na. Is it by force
I wonder fr dem o
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by driyke007(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
Tinyemeka:
ABSU produces the worst set of doctors I know about.

The good consultants at FMC Umuahia attest to that.
l could take you through our alumni page and show you a lot of absu trained doctors excelling all over the world, but then your comment wasn't an attempt to be reasonable but purely ignorant and malicious so I will allow you to continue saying nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Billyjim: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
marycool18:
Lol just 5weeks? Welcome to Nigeria, where we don't have light for 3 years and we still feel it's normal.

It's so wrong to keep a hospital with the health personnel without light, Mr President you need to fix this PHCN and their outrageous electricity bills.

If the school administration squandered the bill they should be held accountable for it.

I wish our president will stop travelling and pay attention to our problems!

FTC after so many years, means I'm up for some great newssssss!
stop blaming govt for everytin. Its ur people that usually steal the transfomer overnight.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Vivly(f): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
porshuch:
Dr onyebuchi chukwu was never a product of ABSU, he's a product of UNILAG, He was former CMD of national orthopaedic hospital Enugu. So OP take note.
Just allow them to use the name to make mouth small. That's the only prominent name that must have visited their medical complex.
It's funny how he said ''ABSU has produced generations of sterling doctors'' and proceeded to name just one person whose claim as a student of the same school is dubious.

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Buccinator(m): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
magicminister:
hehehe
these folks just dey abia medical school so they go follow answer doctor.
They no dey learn anything for that school loool....
hehehehehehe... they even come get mind dey protest!

How many times did you write Junior waec.How many times did you write Jamb before you settled for selling goat hairs and phone chargers. Keep hating. Its obviously the therapeutic recommendation prescribed by your he goat selling community chairman for all your frustrations.

1 Like

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by marycool18(f): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
Billyjim:
stop blaming govt for everytin. Its ur people that usually steal the transfomer overnight.

Show me how transformer was stolen in that post if not, keep your advice to yourself and your people who are transformer thieves. undecided
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by slowbreeze(f): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Tinyemeka:
ABSU produces the worst set of doctors I know about.

The good consultants at FMC Umuahia attest to that.

Shut up ur smelling mouth..must u guys always show urselves?? jst cos u probably graduated frm a med skl (living in its past glory), makes other Drs inferior to u.,.Same license, its a parrallel world out here.Continue living in ur past glory & quoting ur "good consultants @ fmc warreva" and dont struggle & read hard to be one urself..u will watch dose same absu med graduates bcome ur oga...silly.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Gassa007: 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
texazzpete:

So what do you gain now
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by texazzpete(m): 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Gassa007:

So what do you gain now

The satisfaction of getting a response from the likes of you?
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
slowbreeze:

Shut up ur smelling mouth..must u guys always show urselves?? jst cos u probably graduated frm a med skl (living in its past glory), makes other Drs inferior to u.,.Same license, its a parrallel world out here.Continue living in ur past glory & quoting ur "good consultants @ fmc warreva" and dont struggle & read hard to be one urself..u will watch dose same absu med graduates bcome ur oga...silly.

Sorry sir. I'm not a medical doctor. smiley
As per the read hard etc, I should be the one advising you o. Believe me.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Gassa007: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
texazzpete:

The satisfaction of getting a response from the likes of you?
Welldone,attention seeking hater
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
driyke007:
l could take you through our alumni page and show you a lot of absu trained doctors excelling all over the world.

Agreed. Kindly oblige me.

I did my Industrial Attachment at FMC Umuahia, my mother retired as a Deputy Director there, my wife finished her school of Nursing from the same institution, I've interacted with so many senior doctors in several hospitals here in the South East, many of whom are acquaintances of mine and their opinions formed the basis for that comment of mine.

I'll still stand by what I said. ABSU medical school graduates still have a veery long way to go before fitting into competitive medical practice (public or private). Don't let the school deceive you. Don't rely on achievements of your alumni. You do not know what they eventually did or go to after their first degree, to get to where they are now.

Study hard and graduate to be a good practitioner. Sorry what I said sounded offensive. Bitter pill. But that's the truth.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by slowbreeze(f): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Sorry sir. I'm not a medical doctor. smiley
As per the read hard etc, I should be the one advising you o. Believe me.

Ur nt a Dr bt u knw wat ALL d consultants in d hospital are saying..#smh#..My brother,u shuld focus more on ur career & stop tarnishing d image of an institution dat has produced sound Drs over here and at home....Success in one's life / career is largely dependent on one's self determination/hardwork....I should know.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 11:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
slowbreeze:

Ur nt a Dr bt u knw wat ALL d consultants in d hospital are saying..#smh#..My brother,u shuld focus more on ur career & stop tarnishing d image of an institution dat has produced sound Drs over here and at home....Success in one's life / career is largely dependent on one's self determination/hardwork....I should know.

Kk
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Uncleodi(m): 12:12am On Mar 15, 2016
merake78:

Abia State University Teaching Hospital student's revolt!!!!

The doctor's churned out by this institution have been known to serve the state and it's health care needs. The college has produced generation's of sterling doctors. Dr onyebuchi Chukwu, past minister of health is a product of medical school Abia state. That's how old, tested, our institution is, yet!!!!

For 5 weeks , the quarters for medical students, resident doctor's, consultant doctors have been in darkness. How will PHCN cut off a hospital? Where you train doctor's, save lives, there's no light!

How won't people die? How won't students be lackadaisical?

PHCN presented an outrageous bill of 17 million naira for the quarter's, excluding the hospital complex. The hospital administration quietly cut off the light supply to the students and resident doctor's. For 5 weeks , nothing has been done. Sleeping in darkness, reading is difficult.

So today, the student's took a bold step. After endlessly pleading with the hospital administration, the state government, the student's locked the lecture complex. No lectures!! No clinic!! We must be met!!

You cannot train doctor's this way. Spread till this goes viral. It could be your aunt or mother who is the next victim of iatrogenic deaths. You must speak up on behalf of the ones that will one day be responsible for your life.

Long live Abia State Medical School!!!

Pls, be guided Accordingly.
Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu graduated from the prestigious University of Lagos in 1986, where he cleared many awards as the best graduating student.

He was only a lecturer in ABSU before transferring his services to Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital after the creation of the young State. He latter became the CMD.

#wikipedia
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Standard007(m): 6:55am On Mar 15, 2016
Damfostopper:
Federal university shud b d one running medical programmes n not state unis.... Absu na school?

Oga, na must say u go comment? No na church. SMH undecided
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by merake78(m): 8:41am On Mar 15, 2016
Uncleodi:

Pls, be guided Accordingly.
Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu graduated from the prestigious University of Lagos in 1986, where he cleared many awards as the best graduating student.

He was only a lecturer in ABSU before transferring his services to Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital after the creation of the young State. He latter became the CMD.

#wikipedia

Ok, thank you. Corrected!
As to the many people complaining about the institution producing half bakes, cut yourself some slack please. Why are Nigerians this pessimistic?
Success is dependent on personal hardwork. Be well guided. Stop exhibiting your ignorance publicly.
I have seen graduates from private medical universities that would trump the 'big school's'.
Re: Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! by Damfostopper(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Standard007:

Oga, na must say u go comment? No na church. SMH undecided
e pain am cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / Benue State University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.